Options

Pokémon- You can never catch them all!

• Options
    dingus xavierdingus xavier Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ghost is also a much better attacking type than Poison, as Speed Racer I'm sure noticed this battle. It's only supereffective against ONE TYPE, in exchange for three resists and an immunity.

Sludge Bomb is cool as a STAB move I guess but I don't use it on my SpecsGar in favor of a Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Focus Blast/Energy Ball set.

You should never have it over Shadow Ball, if you want to use it replace Energy Ball or Thunderbolt.

dingus xavier on
    Platinum FC:0474 4582 3401
    Steam ID
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    RockinX wrote: »
    Well, Sludge Bomb can poison opponents. While Shadow Ball lowers their special defense, which doesn't help if they switch.

Just my two cents. Shadow Ball is probably more worth it because of its power.

isn't sludge bomb base 90 to shadow ball's 80? As dingus said, ghost is just the better attacking type.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I forget, are items permanently consumed if used in the Battle Tower?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    No.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey, I had not battled in a month and Sludge Bomb is not really a move I use very often.

Also, I had forgotten about the typing. Oops, very important matter.

But think of the poisoning! Yeah, doesn't matter too much.

RockinX on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    All right, good.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Anyone up for a game?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, why not.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    HAHAHA! TAKE THAT, POPS!

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Wait no wrong mooooooooove

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    OH LOL!! Not that big of an impact, eh?

Rematch with different pokés?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    RockinX wrote: »
    OH LOL!! Not that big of an impact, eh?

Rematch with different pokés?

Gladly, but in like 15 minutes. I have to run down to the store real quick. Good game though.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Sorry Rockin, I feel like shit. I'm gonna go lay down. We can play later.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    First bio-devil contender - 18 24 23 15 30 30~

Duskull is an easier-type breeding project since attack, def, and sp def can all fluctuate at level 1.

Well, going with that first one - there's only one other decent one, 18 4 25 01 30 31. This would make an ok parent at least, it is sassy and male. Let me know if there's any takers, also this reminds me of ink's coming bronzor.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Can I have it? What do you want for it?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I like egg move guys I guess? Stuff? I don't have a magnezone and I like 31 ivs, wink wink nudge nudge.

But seriously a heart scale or something, I'll need it for punches.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I have a Squirtle with Haze, Ice Beam, Surf and Tackle; a Lileep with Recover; a Vulpix with Energy Ball; a Chikorita with Leech Seed, Counter and Energy Ball; a Nosepass with Explosion; two Chimchars with Fire and Thunder Punch; and a Leaf Storm Chikorita.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I like: the lileep!

Also hey, mind tradeback/evolving my dusclops? :3

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Sure. So the Lileep will be it. Let me get my stuff.

Edit: I'll be online. By the way, guess the gender of this Lileep!
    It's male

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh, hey, I had forgotten, can you take it back and rename it Drix?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh, uh, sure I suppose.
    I once knew a guy who went by the handle Drix.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I kinda hated that show, but come on, the ressemblance is uncanny.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hahaha, you're right! He was calling himself that before that guy existed - the only reason I know about it is because of how vocally annoyed he was about it.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The movie was actually pretty good, I thought.

Never watched the show.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The movie was GROSS.

I saw it when on a trip at a hotel, when they had nothing else on TV and was too early to go out.

Thanks, Blue!

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, I was worried that it wouldn't happen, but we pulled it off! The original nickname was duskull, the thing the guy says is kind of entertaining. The same as it was, but somehow vastly superior.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I still watched it and had some kind of degree of fun with it.

I had to reconnect my router. That's why it worked.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Good times with routers!

Ok, so I get to pick two from the punches. Fire and Thunder and I can't hurt ground. Fire and Ice and I can't hurt water. Thunder and Ice and oh lookit me it's boltbeam.
    Technically I could go with return or earthquake or a ghosty move as well. Choices!

Also I have now passed the 500 hour mark, and am one pokemon away from having completed a full box of trained pokemans! How exciting?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Wait, why is "oh lookit me it's boltbeam" a problem?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    hi guys I wish I had a battle ready team but I'm still working on it..

any advice to a quick and dirty team that could hold it's own is appreciate

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Seems wrong. Boltbeam is for special attackers! Punching is for captain falcon.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    hi guys I wish I had a battle ready team but I'm still working on it..

any advice to a quick and dirty team that could hold it's own is appreciate

Starmie learns all its good moves via tm/hm and you evolve it with a water stone - I think mine is like level 13 or something. Quick!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I actually do have a starmie special sweeper, that's about all I got

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, dunno. Took me today to get a dusknoir. 30 min on the treadmill hatching guys, republican convention/daily show/colbert report doing evs and an e4 run. Trade evolve with rockin, and using up my heart scales and I'm done!

What pokemon have you been working on? Or, like what pokestuff have you been up to?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    well I was working on a garchomp, breeding up a dragonite for outrage

pokes I want to have on my team : infernape, venusaur.. that's about as far as I've thought it out

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Then my suggestion is: level up dragonite! Although garchomp may be banned soon! Like tomorrow or the day after, can't remember.

Also you need to think of two more pokemon. But, pick one, pick its moves, and get to it! Pokemon is not so mysterious with the help of the internet!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You may hear people talk about 'team synergy', but screw those assholes. All you need is the ability to take hits and deal damage on both the physical and special sides, and no glaring type weaknesses.

Well, actually that's a form of synergy. Mainly choose Pokemon you like.

HI I'M BLUEBLUE I LIKE BLISSEY AND GARCHOMP

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Haha, but no seriously I do. But you don't get to complain! I didn't get the chance to use either of them on you! Actually one of my favorite pokemon all the way back from red is gyarados. The whole worthless pokemon -> awesome guy thing. In pearl I was actually pissed that you could encounter wild gyarados at level 20. Ruins the point! I don't see any wild milotic!

As far as team building goes, I remember planning out my first team so that the weaknesses were very spread out, and I had super effective moves for many types. It did...ok. Of course what I did not account for was pokemon. Which is to say, a pokemon does not have just one type of move, but a set! I think nearly every pokemon on my initial team could be beaten by weavile. So, if you want to be super hardcore, you have to be aware of popular pokemon and their movesets. Of course the best way to learn about that is through battling.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bringing down pokemon with hydro pump, ice beam and hyper beam. Those were the days of a much simpler time.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hurrah, USB Wifi Dongle successfully recieved and installed.

I'M BACK.

IN THE SENSE THAT I CAN BATTLE AGAIN.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID