As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Viva Pinata 2 : More Incest & Candy

12346»

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I hate to bring this thread back after 4 months, but I got this game about a month ago and am OBSESSED. I can't stop playing. Quick question:

All these variants and random evolutions, is there any way I should be figuring these out INSTEAD of looking it up on the web? I'm having a blast, but there's been a couple times where I've wasted real life days trying to make a mix of conditions to bring a Parmadillo, until I finally caved and looked it up online, finding out it was something I never, ever, ever would have considered doing. Am I missing talking to a person (I know Leafos tells you some things -- but I also know she LIES.), or a menu or something that will help me figure out what to do beyond "Feed every animal everything in every possible way."

I'm also really really struggling to master romance everything. I'm way too emotionally invested in too many pinatas that I just have about a zillion crates sitting because I don't want to sell them, and need to make room. If anyone's still playing I'd be up for sending some stuff.

EDIT: And after reading about the others Pinatas on the last page - a moment of silence for Spazz and Spanky, my Candaries. They were my Sparrowmints, and I accidentally made them Candaries. I named them the same, and every day the would work in my mine. Fine, fine workers. Many children as well. Today, they got me a Dragonache. Never got one in VP1. I was so excited.

I hatched the egg, and went to get Spazz and Spanky to get them some joy candy to thank them. Then I see at the bottom "Congrats! You have a Buzzenge resident!" Hmm...how'd that happen!?

I beat that fucker to death.

Thank god I still have The General, a superstar Gecko wearing an army helmet and sherrifs star.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I fully accept any hatred for bumping this again - but my god how do some people do it.

I have 8 seperate gardens, and I am so damn overwhelmed with Pinatas everywhere. NO WOLF, YOU NEED PIGS BUT PIGS ARE ON THE FARM AND I WANT YOU IN THE WOODS.

Oh a Twingersnap! Awesome. Oh, you need a TARTRIDGE?

I SOLD OFF ALL 9 OF THE ONES I HAD TO MATE TO GET BOTH WILDCARDS, SO NOW ALL I HAVE LEFT ARE THE 2 WILDCARDS AND YOURE NOT EATING THOSE SO FUCK.

I'm so hopelessly addicted, and just looked at the achievement list. All those evolutions are most likely insane combos of seeds and fruits and TINKERED shit that I will play this game until I die, most likely.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Your posts amuse me, mostly because I've never played this game so most of the stuff you say sounds like gibberish. But I do have this game on my goozex queue so I hope to understand what you are saying someday.

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    greeble wrote: »
    Your posts amuse me, mostly because I've never played this game so most of the stuff you say sounds like gibberish. But I do have this game on my goozex queue so I hope to understand what you are saying someday.

haha - when you get it, make sure to make note of my gamertag. When you find some animal you want, and you're missing something stupid like a moth, shoot me a note and if I have one Ill send it over.

I imagine since I never played Pokemon or anything, this is what those folks feel like.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The way I got most of the harder Pinatas was setting up themed gardens - one with a shitload of water for the hippo, swan, etc and another with a shitload of grass and trees for the eagle, deer, etc.

If you need more of a certain pinata to get another to appear, you can always use the hunter assuming you've already had one as a resident at some point. If you need more money you can abuse the wishing well or send pinatas to parties like crazy.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    mxmarks wrote: »
    greeble wrote: »

haha - when you get it, make sure to make note of my gamertag. When you find some animal you want, and you're missing something stupid like a moth, shoot me a note and if I have one Ill send it over.

I imagine since I never played Pokemon or anything, this is what those folks feel like.

Pretty much.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Some of the ways you have to get various pinata are almost impossible to figure out yourself, so you shouldn't feel bad about looking the odd one up.

(IMO)

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I have a special garden for pinata recruitment and dangerous special projects, named "Garden of DOOOOOOM" since things tend to get eaten/zapped by weeds in there. It works well, since I can dig a huge pond one day, then cover it up and put in a desert the next, and I don't care because that's what the garden is for. When you get around to recruiting some of the larger carnivores, I highly recommend doing it in a garden you don't care about. Herbivore pinatas have a tendency to panic when they see a big ol' lion/tiger/crocodile, and the larger ones will destroy all your fences and such in the process.

Also, do you know about the Professor Pester containment zone? Because the fucker never goes away. EVER.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and if you need anything at all or want to trade wildcards (you can only get 2 of 3 wildcard variants and have to trade for the third), feel free to friend me! Just send a message along with the friend request so I know you're from PA and not some random 8-year-old from the Pinata Island forums.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    MYTHOS20000MYTHOS20000 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I hate to say it, but the never-ending Professor Pester visits really went a long way towards breaking this game for me. I got so sick of having to remember to buy a decoy or bribing. Couple that with the BS of going through the time and trouble of trapping a pinata, bringing him over, and having him ignore the requirements and just leave was just too much. I just don't have the time to deal with gameplay issues like that anymore. So sad, cause I heart this game so much.

MYTHOS20000 on
    Six men, six giant..... voices.
    Up 'til 2 Vocal Band
    www.uptil2music.com
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I hate to say it, but the never-ending Professor Pester visits really went a long way towards breaking this game for me. I got so sick of having to remember to buy a decoy or bribing. Couple that with the BS of going through the time and trouble of trapping a pinata, bringing him over, and having him ignore the requirements and just leave was just too much. I just don't have the time to deal with gameplay issues like that anymore. So sad, cause I heart this game so much.

Yeah, sadly you kind of have to glitch the game to keep Pester from ruining your day. Go to the side of your garden facing the Tower of Sour. Build a fence across the entire side, and Pester won't be able to get into your garden. If the fence is one row deep, Pester has a high chance of glitching and getting stuck in your garden forever. This is cool because you can then remove the fence, and he'll just stand there grunting and groaning, never to bother you again. This is not so cool because the grunting and groaning sounds are awful.

Instead, I build my fence two rows deep. He almost never glitches, just comes in, acts confused, then runs off. On rare occasions he manages to get around the fence somehow, but I put my Captain's Cutlass near the fence, so that's usually what he goes for, sparing my pinatas. I have more chocolate coins than Chocolate God, so replacing a cutlass is no biggie.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I just give him a few hundred coins to leave, it's cheaper than rebuying the statue.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I have a special garden for pinata recruitment and dangerous special projects, named "Garden of DOOOOOOM" since things tend to get eaten/zapped by weeds in there. It works well, since I can dig a huge pond one day, then cover it up and put in a desert the next, and I don't care because that's what the garden is for. When you get around to recruiting some of the larger carnivores, I highly recommend doing it in a garden you don't care about. Herbivore pinatas have a tendency to panic when they see a big ol' lion/tiger/crocodile, and the larger ones will destroy all your fences and such in the process.

Also, do you know about the Professor Pester containment zone? Because the fucker never goes away. EVER.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and if you need anything at all or want to trade wildcards (you can only get 2 of 3 wildcard variants and have to trade for the third), feel free to friend me! Just send a message along with the friend request so I know you're from PA and not some random 8-year-old from the Pinata Island forums.

AWESOME. Will take you up on that.

I've managed to calm my OCD by realizing you don't get any sort of 'credit' as far as I can tell, for having all 3 wild card variants. So things like the bees and flys, I get my wildcard, see the checkmark next to "Wildcard" and stop. I don't care, when all is said and done I will have no bees or flys, so whatever.

But stuff like the ducks, beavers, elephants and raccoons are so awesome I will need all 3. I just started getting raccoons, and they're hilarious to just sit and watch.

Also - a rhino will boot the Professor out. I know about the wall to keep him away, but right now I love having the rhino just gallop up and nail him.

And finally, learning that monkeys and baboons don't like each other has destroyed my Jungle garden.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I did the themed garden thing to get them all the first time. After you're done with a species and you get rid of it, if it turns out you need it again, you can have gretchen catchem go get you a couple more for a few coins (you should have PLENTY pretty quickly). It's not too arduous and you can burn through them pretty fast. A lot faster than the first one when it seemed kinda random when they'd show up and come into your garden, even when you met all the req'ts.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ancient thread arise!

Recently got TiP from Goozex and am loving it. "Oh my God it's 2am and I have work tomorrow!" kind of loving it.

However I'm a little lost sometimes on the obscure shit they want you to do with apparently no hinting. I feel like I should avoid vivapinata.info and find stuff out for myself in game, but when I do break and look something up it seems so obscure I'd never have worked it out on my own.

For example a Lackatoad was requested, the method for obtaining which turns out to be to poison a frog and then hit it with a shovel whilst it's choking in order to get it to evolve. WTF!? Would this have ever been even vaguely hinted at in game or should I just accept that this is the way things will have to be and look this stuff up when I need it?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nope, you'll need the website =)

Some of the stuff (like the zebra and ostrich) I was able to figure out by myself, by just kinda thinking what they may want and dicking around. A lot of times the 'requirements' may start to lead you down the right path (resident requirements and romance requirements).

The way I started looking at it, and it was more fun, is that it doesn't matter if you don't figure it out yourself, you still have to actually DO it. So you still will have to make the grow the tree, make the poison, get a frog, ect... The process is the fun part.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You can occasionally get some vague hints from Leafos, or from looking at the pinata page when the challenge comes. Personally, I feel no shame in using the wiki, since a lot of the requirements are pretty dang obscure, especially for evolved pinata.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That's good. You've helped me make my peace with vivapinata.info use then. At least it's a nicely laid out site so you don't spoil more than you were specifically looking for.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This game is trippy.
    I should really give it another try.

Rizzi on