As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Four H's of MMOs: Hatred, Happiness, Hope

• EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    They should just implement more titles period, and not all big long fancy ones like Abloobloo , of the Shattered Sun.

Take a queue from CoX (and probably other games too I'm sure" and just have a fuckton you can earn.

I always ran with Pumpkin King in CoX on any characters I got it on.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't have a single title.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    They are adding a bunch in Wrath.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • interceptintercept Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    intercept wrote: »
    Kartan wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Bipp wrote: »
    Happy: RNG liked me today, got the Stormchops recipe and a baby croc.

What's RNG?

A warrior's best friend.

However, most raiders aren't on speaking terms with it.

I remember in my raiding guild pre-BC, nothing but hunter loot and paladin loot dropped for us in BWL and AQ40.

Took us 5 months to get our tanks decent gear to progress.

My guild had three warlocks in full T1 before the hunters got through a full round of upgrades for our guys. Of course, there were 8 of us, but seeing the locks get geared up so quick in MC was painful for the more populous classes.

I'm thinking my warrior will be my PvE main for WotLK though, so my hunter will have to make do with PvP gear.

Ugh, good luck. I could never play a tank. There's no such thing as a casual one.

intercept on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    cometankkara come tank kara come tank kara

COME TANK KARA

Dhalphir on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

What's RNG?

A warrior's best friend.

I remember in my raiding guild pre-BC, nothing but hunter loot and paladin loot dropped for us in BWL and AQ40.

My guild had three warlocks in full T1 before the hunters got through a full round of upgrades for our guys. Of course, there were 8 of us, but seeing the locks get geared up so quick in MC was painful for the more populous classes.

I'm thinking my warrior will be my PvE main for WotLK though, so my hunter will have to make do with PvP gear.

Ugh, good luck. I could never play a tank. There's no such thing as a casual one.

My warrior and paladin are up for tanking if people need one after that is done I go somewhere and question why I just joined that group

Brainleech on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    End wrote: »
    They are adding a bunch in Wrath.
    Aside from the server-first leveling/boss-kill titles, they got:

Ambassador ______: Becoming exalted with all five city factions
    Battlemaster ______: Completing all major PvP Achievements
    ______ the Elder: Talking to all of the Elders during the Lunar Festival
    Exalted ______: Becoming exalted with at least 40 factions
    Explorer ______: Discovering all zones of Azeroth and Outland
    Flame Warden ______: Completing the major Midsummer Fire Festival achievements
    ______ the Seeker: Completing 3,000 quests.

SabreMau on
    edited September 2008
    I don't know how many quests I have done. I wonder if the 3000 quests inclueded dailies
    As for titles I am still going to stay with Lieutenant General because I earned it suffering and wasting a ton of time

Brainleech on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

What's RNG?

A warrior's best friend.

My warrior and paladin are up for tanking if people need one after that is done I go somewhere and question why I just joined that group

It's funny, I rolled a Warrior to offtank every once in awhile because I love tanking on my Pally, but since I'm in the Beasts, we have like 50 fulltime tankers that love to tank, so I never really get the chance. The only time I ever tank is like when we are on Netherspite, and god I have a blast doing it. I really should just try prot out for the hell of it.

Also, anytime I get a wild hair up my ass and I want to tank a PuG, even say normal shadowlabs, the second I tell a PuG i'm not full-prot they go elsewhere, even though I have a full tanking set from Kara. :|

Wavechaser on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I OT Kara as arms/fury with no problems. Sometimes I need to tank normal instances, so I tank those.

I don't like tanking. So I try to avoid it.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited September 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Also, anytime I get a wild hair up my ass and I want to tank a PuG, even say normal shadowlabs, the second I tell a PuG i'm not full-prot they go elsewhere, even though I have a full tanking set from Kara. :|
    That means they're retards that have to be carried through an instance.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    so don't tell them that you're not full prot, but bear in mind you do lose threat generation by not being Prot

Dhalphir on
    edited September 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »

People just want thier hand held anymore
    I was turned down for a gruul pug on my priest just because 1373 healing is not enough for it
    My warrior was turned down for a shattered halls run because I still have that level 65 boe tanking sheild on him

Brainleech on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    so don't tell them that you're not full prot, but bear in mind you do lose threat generation by not being Prot

A real tanks by DPSing in defensive stance. Tank gear is for shlubs.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited September 2008

YES.

I love your new avatar Pierceneck.

<3

Wavechaser on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

The problem being is that they can tell whether you are or not just by inspecting you.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

People just want thier hand held anymore
    I was turned down for a gruul pug on my priest just because 1373 healing is not enough for it
    My warrior was turned down for a shattered halls run because I still have that level 65 boe tanking sheild on him

I used that shield until I got the shield from Netherspite.

That is a sexy fucking shield.

People are going to learn how completely retarded their standards are when they have to start doing their level 80 heroics in groups that are wearing all blooz again.

INeedNoSalt on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't know how many quests I have done. I wonder if the 3000 quests inclueded dailies
    As for titles I am still going to stay with Lieutenant General because I earned it suffering and wasting a ton of time

They have said that dailies won't count toward that.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2008
    Arthil wrote: »

The problem being is that they can tell whether you are or not just by inspecting you.

just dont bring it up

if you go into a group and say "btw im not full prot" then dont do that

if they ask "u prot?" say "yea"

and if they then catch you out, so be it. chances are low that they will actually inspect you

Dhalphir on
    edited September 2008

YES.

I love your new avatar Pierceneck.

<3
    I did it just for you.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Happy: Hammer of judgement for my pally

Hate: Missed out on T6 gloves since while I was tanking the doomguards, I never attacked the boss directly

Nobody on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    D: ...

D:!!!!

That's just stupid.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

That's just stupid.

Yup, I couldn't even loot the badges off the boss. Oh well, lesson learned. Tag him with an exorcism before the first doomguard.

Nobody on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man Blizzard should have fixed shit like that by now.

Seg on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Isn't that how it works in most instances?

To prevent a double post:
    Happy: I'm RP fagging all over the place now that I've come up with a (vague) backstory for my Troll Death Knight, a name, etc.
    I use MyRP so I can change his "displayed name" and real to be separate, so he'd be Kaz'Fon (Kazfon) in the MyRP "Name" tab. Zandali for "Dead Exile". And his real (i.e the name I give him) name, seeing as he's the grandfather (and frost influence) of my main/mage, Atal'jin(Ataljin) - Devoted Elder.

The Muffin Man on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hate: people that bitch about how long it takes between pulls because they play a class that doesn't buff. If you want, write a letter to Blizz about how I should have a Fort aura and mages can have an AI aura or some shit.... I'd love to not have to hunt down the scummy guy that ran back 2 min later and now has no freakin fort.

/rant

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
    edited September 2008
    Nobody wrote: »

That's just stupid.

Yup, I couldn't even loot the badges off the boss. Oh well, lesson learned. Tag him with an exorcism before the first doomguard.

You can ticket that.

Have the GM loot it and open a GM ticket to have it transferred to you.

Dhalphir on
    edited September 2008
    Nobody wrote: »
    Happy: Hammer of judgement for my pally

Hate: Missed out on T6 gloves since while I was tanking the doomguards, I never attacked the boss directly

How is it possible that blizzard hasn't fixed that by now?

Wavechaser on
    edited September 2008
    it always seems to work for me :S

the one time it didn't i just ticketed it

Dhalphir on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fixed what, really? I mean I guess they could rework their mob tagging system so a couple of endgame bosses are "fixed" or leave it so a simple sneeze at the main boss will fix the problem and not have to do a massive rewrite of a simple system. It's something I can see being fixed in Wotlk but definitely not TBC.

Opty on
  • FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Hate: people that bitch about how long it takes between pulls because they play a class that doesn't buff. If you want, write a letter to Blizz about how I should have a Fort aura and mages can have an AI aura or some shit.... I'd love to not have to hunt down the scummy guy that ran back 2 min later and now has no freakin fort.

/rant

Setting up one of the corners of grid frames to have a little square out of combat if the person doesn't have mark of the wild is ridiculously helpful for that sort of thing.

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Why do you even need the restriction on loot distance inside instances? If it's to stop people being carried through raids (such as people buying items) they can already just tag the boss and will rarely be put in a position where they'll be able to do anything to wipe the raid.

815165 on
    edited September 2008
    Hate: People in quest blues and greens with mostly unechanted items applying to join a guild pushing the last two bosses in BT.

And its not even like they're a needed class, being a mage, of which we have two with 100% attendance and one with 95% attendance. It just shows that they a) haven't done their research about which classes we might need and b) don't know anything about gear requirements for instances, or, expect to be carried

gear < skill to an extent, but thats just ridiculous.

Dhalphir on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Why do you even need the restriction on loot distance inside instances? If it's to stop people being carried through raids (such as people buying items) they can already just tag the boss and will rarely be put in a position where they'll be able to do anything to wipe the raid.

It's not loot distance, it's loot rights. He didn't tag the boss, he didn't get loot rights. So in actuality what you're pointing out is the solution to the presented problem.

Opty on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Happy: $390 for a new pc.
    And it's a bazillion times better than this one.
    I'll be able to play Warhammer! :O

Rizzi on
  • LeemoLeemo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Happiness: I recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU, RAM, video card and sound card.
    Hatred: I did so to play Age of Conan.
    Hope: I can handle maxed settings on WAR without any issues.

Happiness: My wife is away from the 18th-23rd, just when WAR launches.
    Hatred: This is going to be a ridiculously busy time at work.
    Hope: I can get all my work ducks in a row before the 18th, and not need to be pulling 14 hour days.

Leemo on
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Happy: $390 for a new pc.
    And it's a bazillion times better than this one.
    I'll be able to play Warhammer! :O

Did you build it yourself or something? Because your old computer must have been a giant turn for a $390 pc to be a significant upgrade.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Opty wrote: »
    815165 wrote: »

It's not loot distance, it's loot rights. He didn't tag the boss, he didn't get loot rights. So in actuality what you're pointing out is the solution to the presented problem.

So are the doomguards not part of the encounter?

If they are part of some other encounter and him tanking them left him out of the loot list for what the boss drops, I geuss tagging should be necessary, but if the doomguards are part of the encounter, and if they need to be tanked, shouldn't the person tanking them get rights to the loot that is dropped by the boss?

Seg on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My old pc (What I'm using now) is ancient.
    I'll be getting my new hotness some time this month.
    Wheeee.

Rizzi on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hate: Four hours in Sunwell, only Kalecgos dead. WHY WERE PEOPLE SUCKING.

Happy: Shaman is 65.

riz on
This discussion has been closed.