As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

EastCoastPAX: 2010. Boston. Shit's going down.

• RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Pfft, no free trade lattes in Mumbai

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Why Seattle and not Regina

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't see why anyone would think this isn't going to be as good. Screw you guys.

I just noticed that if they schedule this a certain way, the ECPAX will be in direct conflict with CAD's thing.

Goose! on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's really not going to be as big as seattlePAX. It just won't. And I'm okay with that.

Unfortunately I might be out of MA by 2010, which would be silly.

Javen on
    edited September 2008
    Goose! wrote: »
    I don't see why anyone would think this isn't going to be as good. Screw you guys.

I just noticed that if they schedule this a certain way, the ECPAX will be in direct conflict with CAD's thing.

ECPAX is in late March, at the Hynes like I predicted.

Javen on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    "conflict" is kind of a strong word. It implies that PAX will be affected at all by the "CAD thing". It's more like ECPAX will simply draw away anyone who is inexplicably a fan of both Penny-Arcade/video games/humor AND Ctrl+Alt+Del.

TankHammer on
  • MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So is 2010 this weekend? Because I'm going to be in Boston this weekend.

I hope it's this weekend.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Monkeybomb wrote: »
    So is 2010 this weekend? Because I'm going to be in Boston this weekend.

I hope it's this weekend.

man you pick the weekend where I absolutely cannot be anywhere other than work.

Javen on
  • NucshNucsh Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh hey Boston is slightly more closer to me than Seattle.

And in 2010 I might not even have to pay for transportation.

Hmmmmm

Nucsh on
    [SIGPIC]GIANT ENEMY BEAR[/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    Hell I live in the goddamn state and I'm still placing more emphasis on seattlePAX than bostonPAX.

Because Seattle is so insanely awesome

Javen on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »

ECPAX is in late March, at the Hynes like I predicted.

Have they said late March? Cause all I heard was March. Plus I was the one who predicted the month and venue and posted the announcement in this very thread. So yeah.

Goose! on
  • DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Why is it in Boston, and not in Québec?

Dadouw on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    because quebec people would scare most of the nerds off

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    man we are so friendly and stuff

Dadouw on
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think it's because you people speak french.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hynes? Nice, not quite walking distance, but pretty near. Maybe I'll finally get to attend a PAX.

scarlet ave. on
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey Guys, Pax10 will be pretty sweet! Remember Pax08? That one was pretty great.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm pretty excited for it. I've got friends in Boston and it's not so damn far so i'll be able to make it

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Do people still use skype? I just downloaded it for the first time. Pretty snazzy.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    After making it to Seattle I'd be pretty hard pressed to come up with an excuse not to make it to Boston.
    Unlike Seattle I actually have family there as well. Hell I might be living there in a few years.

Rinder on
  • PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Boston looks like a fantastic place to visit regardless of pax.

Polago on
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I just ate at a Boston Pizza a little while ago and was thoroughly unimpressed. If they can't get pizza right, I'm starting to doubt their ability to anything else ever.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Sgt EversmanSgt Eversman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Boston's a fucking awesome city you can just walk around in. I will admit that New York is more familiar to most of you but you're completely forgetting the defining characteristic of New York City: It sucks.

You're either completely biased or a complete fucking idiot.

I've spent 2 years living in each city, and by far New York outdoes Boston in every way.

Sgt Eversman on
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome.
    edited September 2008
    Boston's a fucking awesome city you can just walk around in. I will admit that New York is more familiar to most of you but you're completely forgetting the defining characteristic of New York City: It sucks.

I've spent 2 years living in each city, and by far New York outdoes Boston in every way.

Then you're ignoring the people. The people in NY are worse assholes than any other city in America. I mean, if you enjoy being surrounded by assholes at every turn, that's cool, just don't expect to find it a common judgment.

scarlet ave. on
    edited September 2008
    I just ate at a Boston Pizza a little while ago and was thoroughly unimpressed. If they can't get pizza right, I'm starting to doubt their ability to anything else ever.

The pizza in Boston has a lot of variation, but if you find the right place you can get a good pizza. The pizza place across from my apartment, Pizzeria Regina, is widely regarded as the best in Boston, and it actually is really good.

There's another pizza place in East Boston that's supposed to be really amazing. But it's in East Boston... We don't go to East Boston.

scarlet ave. on
  • PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Boston Pizza (the chain) was founded in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and is also labelled as "Boston's". I worked there for over 3 years.

Polago on
    edited September 2008

Then you're ignoring the people. The people in NY are worse assholes than any other city in America. I mean, if you enjoy being surrounded by assholes at every turn, that's cool, just don't expect to find it a common judgment.

Actually yes, I've always liked that about NYC. It's how a fucking city should be! Brotherly love? Pffff. Fuck that shit.

I henceforth propose a new slogan for the isle of manhattan

NEW YORK: We don't like you either

on a more serious note, what experiences made you think people in NYC are assholes? Did they make fun of your pink shirt? crybaby.

Sgt Eversman on

edited September 2008
    Polago wrote: »

Boston Pizza (the chain) was founded in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and is also labelled as "Boston's". I worked there for over 3 years.

Boston, Ma: Toronto Jr!

Sgt Eversman on

• CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Right because people in massachusetts are rays of joyful sunshine. If you're going to a city and complaining about there being assholes maybe you should move to some bumfuck area of the country which isn't inhabited by people.

CptKemzik on
    edited September 2008
    One day they SHOULD hold a satellite PAX in Toronto or something just so they can call it "PAX International!"

And yes, I'm being comically-biased about New York because I live in MA. It's kind of our thing.
    Boston might not be the up-all-night metropolis NYC is, but I feel much more in my element walking around in Boston, going into some random Irish pub or little pizza joint than I feel walking around New York. Boston people are my people. I feel at home with them.

The New Yorkers you mostly run into on the street are cold, pissed off at the world and egotistical as a motherfucker from my experience. It's a rarity to see a friendly face in that burg, not to mention how expensive it is to live in that city (and Boston's a really fucking expensive city to compare it to).

To be honest, I'm giving very serious thought about moving out west to Portland/Seattle with the rest of you jokers or maybe down to Atlanta, since I really enjoyed my time in the metropolitan areas of the south. I'll always call Boston home though, there's a pack mentality here that you just can't beat!

TankHammer on
    edited September 2008
    A Toronto Pax would be hilarious

Because nobody would want want to come :|

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I don't think even the proudest Bostonians would even try to argue that their city isn't full of assholes. In fact the ones I've known argue just the opposite.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited September 2008
    Butters wrote: »

I don't think even the proudest Bostonians would even try to argue that their city isn't full of assholes. In fact the ones I've known argue just the opposite.

But if you've grown up here then it goes from "they are assholes" to "we are assholes". I'm sure if one grew up in New York they would be much the same. There are differences in attitude, but they are slight.
    I've observed that the attitude in New York is "We're the best and everyone knows it, fuck the haters."
    In Boston it runs more like "People in New York think they're the greatest but they ain't shit. We're better than them!"
    I'm sure no small part is played by jealousy, since New York is internationally regarded, but Boston does revel in it's underdog heritage.

TankHammer on
    edited September 2008
    See? Kantankeris agrees with me.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited September 2008
    I always thought Boston and Toronto were sister cities, but it turns out I was thinking of Chicago

But we can still present a united front against NYC, y/y?

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Redeemer wrote: »
    I always thought Boston and Toronto were sister cities, but it turns out I was thinking of Chicago

A Cubs/Jays/RedSox alliance against the Yankees? Yes please.

TankHammer on
    edited September 2008
    CptKemzik wrote: »

Right because people in massachusetts are rays of joyful sunshine. If you're going to a city and complaining about there being assholes maybe you should move to some bumfuck area of the country which isn't inhabited by people.

Heh, I've done my time. I grew up in MN.

scarlet ave. on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    NYC's got Spider-Man

we're done here

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited September 2008
    Redeemer wrote: »

Chicago and Toronto? How are these two alike?

Butters on
    edited September 2008
    Toronto has... Arachne?

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg