As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Holocaust Never Happened

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Russian planes?

That's a joke, right?

su-47-2.jpg

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Please, the Russian air force didn't even have radios.

Or planes.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That's the SU-47 right?

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    We're talking WWII here. Pay attention.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Veretas wrote: »
    That's the SU-47 right?

Yessir. It looks awesome. Can't wait to fly one in H.A.W.X. that new ubisoft game.

EDIT: YES PENGUIN

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    and I'm talking about the motherfucking SU-47

Russian planes are fucking incredible.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yes, and she is so pretty.

Shame that stability at low speeds and turning radius aren't really important for modern fighters (which are the main things that the 'backwards' wings are for)

Haha, Tom Clancy game? If he has any input it'll be stupidly underpowered compared to real life.

L|ama on
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    volginstarsboxart_160w.jpg

also holy shit GIS'ing Volgin resulted in things I didn't want to see

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    L|ama wrote: »
    Yes, and she is so pretty.

Shame that stability at low speeds and turning radius aren't really important for modern fighters (which are the main things that the 'backwards' wings are for)

Haha, Tom Clancy game? If he has any input it'll be stupidly underpowered compared to real life.

He none thankfully. I just want to fly an SU-47 around destroying things.

Also to Penguin

Ilyushin_Il_2_Shturmovik.jpg

The Ilyushin Il 2 Shturmovik or The Black Death as the Germans called it.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    THE BLACK DEATH

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    They possibly stuck prisoners that they wanted dead as rear gunners in those things because they died so much. Stalin knew how to get shit done.

L|ama on
  • Options
    cherv1cherv1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i'd suggest that the people who make claims about the holocaust being exaggerated also hold beliefs such as there was no moon landing, evolution is a lie and there is a cabal of reptiles

that'd be my guess

cherv1 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Cool, why not just lump in healthy suspicion with blatant disregard for obvious truths. Makes arguing against it a hell of a lot easier.

L|ama on
  • Options
    KuwaKuwa Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    volginstarsboxart_160w.jpg

also holy shit GIS'ing Volgin resulted in things I didn't want to see

<3 you for this

Kuwa on
  • Options
    cherv1cherv1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    here are some of examples of when ''healthy suspicion'' is drummed up to promote an agenda by claiming that we "just don't know enough" to come to a certain conclusion

global warming denialism
    smoking causes cancer
    information about the holocaust
    mmr vaccines
    quack medicines

and the people who parrot the we just have enough information about it line never really know anything much about the actual issue itself

so in this case it's encouraging a contrived controversy, and that "debate" makes it more acceptable to be anti-semitic, just like the debate about evolution makes it more acceptable to have creationist views because we just can't be certain and we'd better have both

ps this isn't meant to compare any of those things directly with hating the jew or anything, just the methods of denialism

cherv1 on
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    so there's a cooking program on in the background that I wasn't really paying attention to, and some food critic just said 'the jew was a disappointment'

at least til I realised she said 'jus'

Prolegomena on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited August 2008
    My dad believes in the world Jewish conspiracy

bongi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    bongi what will happen if I meet your dad

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    cherv1 wrote: »
    here are some of examples of when ''healthy suspicion'' is drummed up to promote an agenda by claiming that we "just don't know enough" to come to a certain conclusion

global warming denialism
    smoking causes cancer
    mmr vaccines
    quack medicines

and the people who parrot the we just have enough information about it line never really know anything much about the actual issue itself

so in this case it's encouraging a contrived controversy, and that "debate" makes it more acceptable to be anti-semitic, just like the debate about evolution makes it more acceptable to have creationist views because we just can't be certain and we'd better have both

ps this isn't meant to compare any of those things directly with hating the jew or anything, just the methods of denialism

Claiming that acknowledging the possibility of the exaggeration of holocaust death tolls is tantamount to holocaust denial is asinine and you should be ashamed.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited August 2008
    Veretas wrote: »
    bongi what will happen if I meet your dad
    I don't know

I mean most Americans he meets get the 'Bush is bad and 9/11 is a lie' lecture anyway

bongi on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    well, he's half right at least

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited August 2008
    I actually worry a bit, because I've read some of the articles he's left around and they don't read like well-reasoned arguments, they just read like propaganda, they all say the same things '9/11 is a lie Bush has to come clean about it' repackaged in different ways

bongi on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Not only did the Holocaust happen, but it is still happening.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    bongi wrote: »
    I actually worry a bit, because I've read some of the articles he's left around and they don't read like well-reasoned arguments, they just read like propaganda, they all say the same things '9/11 is a lie Bush has to come clean about it' repackaged in different ways

how much do other countries actually care about 9/11

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited August 2008
    Fallout wrote: »

It's consumed my dad's life totally

So I don't really know

bongi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

It's consumed my dad's life totally

So I don't really know

circuspenis.gif

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited August 2008
    I would say the average person doesn't care that much and possibly thinks America should get over itself?

bongi on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

global warming denialism
    smoking causes cancer
    mmr vaccines
    quack medicines

Claiming that acknowledging the possibility of the exaggeration of holocaust death tolls is tantamount to holocaust denial is asinine and you should be ashamed.
    Fallout you have always been one of my favourite forumers

And posts like this just go to show why

Janson on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Janson wrote: »

global warming denialism
    smoking causes cancer
    mmr vaccines
    quack medicines

Fallout you have always been one of my favourite forumers

And posts like this just go to show why

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I would say the average person doesn't care that much and possibly thinks America should get over itself?

oh, good

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The Holocaust was self-defense.

"You all saw it. They came at me with a knife"

They trespassed onto my fortified camp without permission, and broke into my mustard gas chamber. I have my rights!

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited August 2008
    look man all these guys all just tripped and fell into our wall of man-sized furnaces. a few hundred times. today.

and "shower" is german for "deadly gases, do not enter" so it's not my fault these dudes didn't learn deutsch

where the fuck is slarti

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

global warming denialism
    smoking causes cancer
    mmr vaccines
    quack medicines

Conversely, inflated figures make the plight of the palestinian people seem less significant in comparison, and their systematic fucking over is still going on.

L|ama on
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    conversely?

Prolegomena on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The opposite way, with a reversed relationship.

L|ama on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I only pay attention to conspiracy theories involving reptiloids and the hollow Earth. Anything else is too depressing.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    I like the one that says the Earth is really flat
    And there's like an ice wall at the south pole or something

Me Too! on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I spent an entire weekend on that forum. I'm still about half certain that everyone there is fucking with everyone else.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    There was this woman passing out some "re-open the 9/11 investigation" fliers around. I'm like "you're being silly,'

she: "Bush is a nazi!"

me: "Lose some weight,"

God she had awful awful legs. All covered in sores. In this town 50/50 she's on something

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Some of the local high school science teachers here have a flat earth society pisstake group. They mostly use it as another excuse to drink, as far as I understand.

L|ama on