As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nerf Guns and the Modding Thereof

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I must say though, Hasbro really listened to the "Let us carry lots of ammo" request.

First a bandolier that holds six clips and 12 darts, then an Ammo Vest that holds god know's how much stuff, and I'm guess these ammo bag's fit on a belt, so that's even more ammo.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I must say though, Hasbro really listened to the "Let us carry lots of ammo" request.

First a bandolier that holds six clips and 12 darts, then an Ammo Vest that holds god know's how much stuff, and I'm guess these ammo bag's fit on a belt, so that's even more ammo.

I would love to see how much one person can carry just with the official stuff coming out.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hell, my recon holds 3 clips on the gun alone. Just wait till I start getting some drums!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Hell, my recon holds 3 clips on the gun alone. Just wait till I start getting some drums!

I actually had to go get my Recon to look into this. How does it hold three clips? Best I can do is two.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Decius wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »

I actually had to go get my Recon to look into this. How does it hold three clips? Best I can do is two.

Flip Clip

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In my never-ending bid to keep this thread alive, I bring you something posted on another forum
    NERF : N-Strike Big Blast

This fully automatic blaster is totally customisable with numerous accessories and fires 50 darts without reloading.

Sharpen your skills and achieve battle superiority!

*Requires 6 x D batterys (Not included).

expected September 2010

NERF : N-Strike Big Blast Mission Kit

Customise your Big Blast with this cool new accessory pack. Contains tactical shield, exclusive 18 dart clip, 18 clip system darts and folding bipod! Accessories compatible with most N-Strike blasters.

expected September 2010

Can't confirm this since the website apparently took the info down, but sounds cool. Though I wonder if the big blast is apparently clip based, then how can it fire 50 darts without reloading? The exclusive 18 dart clip implies it's clip fed. (Maybe it has a really big-ass drum?)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    In my never-ending bid to keep this thread alive, I bring you something posted on another forum
    NERF : N-Strike Big Blast

This fully automatic blaster is totally customisable with numerous accessories and fires 50 darts without reloading.

Sharpen your skills and achieve battle superiority!

*Requires 6 x D batterys (Not included).

expected September 2010

NERF : N-Strike Big Blast Mission Kit

Customise your Big Blast with this cool new accessory pack. Contains tactical shield, exclusive 18 dart clip, 18 clip system darts and folding bipod! Accessories compatible with most N-Strike blasters.

expected September 2010

Can't confirm this since the website apparently took the info down, but sounds cool. Though I wonder if the big blast is apparently clip based, then how can it fire 50 darts without reloading? The exclusive 18 dart clip implies it's clip fed. (Maybe it has a really big-ass drum?)

I'm guessing either a drum, or belt, but it also has a clip system. So this thing looks like an LMG nerf gun while the vulcan is a HMG.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If it can also feed off of clips, I'd assume the big 50 round thing would be a drum, like the Recon or whatever the blue drum fed one is.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Arrath wrote: »
    If it can also feed off of clips, I'd assume the big 50 round thing would be a drum, like the Recon or whatever the blue drum fed one is.

Recon is the modular pistol/rifle.

The one you're thinking of is the Raider.

I think the next time this thread drops off the front page for a month, I'll just make a new OP.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    blueb3blueb3 Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I hate you all, because of you, and this thread, I'm leaving work early to pick up a complete nerf arsenal. I need to ask this lady what her kids did to warrant the sale, because she's selling:
    1 Vulcan EbF 25
    1 Longshot
    1 Firefly
    1 Buzzsaw
    1Recon CS6
    1 Nerf Pistol

4 ball ammo
    tons of other ammo
    1 belt ammo for Vulcan
    3 ammo clips

All for $25! Man, her kids fucked up big time! Cool thing is, this will give me 2 longshots, so I'll mod/paint this one to distinguish it from my sons (He's 8, and stole my maverick) My 3 yr old daughter gets the Vulcan, because she's not strong enough to cock most of the other guns.

blueb3 on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arrath wrote: »

Recon is the modular pistol/rifle.

The one you're thinking of is the Raider.

I think the next time this thread drops off the front page for a month, I'll just make a new OP.

So it is! I always get those two mixed up, despite owning a Recon.

Arrath on
  • Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19117&st=0

40k lovers, eat your heart out. It's a goddamn storm bolter.

The Deliverator on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am going to break down and buy a Deploy, even though I have no use for it. Maybe I can make a case for it as a simple (gigantic) flashlight...if only the light wasn't a crappy red LED. Aardvark needs to reappear and enlighten me on the easiest way to pop it open and replace the flashlight. I saw it on YouTube!

Apparently these new ones that use the clips are much harder to mod than the older styles. I still have one halfway modded Maverick (I had two...the other one blew off the modder's balcony while disassembled, never to be seen again), I might be tempted to finish the project myself if I can find that intricate walkthrough VA posted in here.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It saddens me that my twin boys are only 7 months old. I can't wait until they are old enough to do this stuff with.

Noquar on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Mav1.png
    Mav2.png
    Mav3.png

Ah...not too bad, I think. I made plenty of mistakes, but it was my first attempt. I should do lots better if I ever try this again.

Just one problem : the barrel won't rotate. I see it move slightly, and when I tilt it free the little knob that's supposed to turn it turns just fine when I pull the trigger. But, when it's all together, the barrel won't turn and move a new dart into place at all. Any ideas what I've done wrong? Not sure if anyone's still checking this thread, so I'll start searching elsewhere as well...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Hmm.. New Nerfgun rumored.

NSFWNerf N-Strike Alpha Trooper CS-18(Apparently the link is NSFW)
    TOY-IPN-1725.jpg

Looks like a recon with a permanent shotgun style barrel and an 18 dart drum clip.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Huh, that's...interesting. Looks a little bottom-heavy with that drum hanging off, though. The front is cool, though.

The only troubleshooting I can find for my Maverick is that the paint might be making the cylinder too heavy for the spring to turn it. So I need to take it apart yet again and move one of the springs around, or and another one. Ugh.

I just wish I had something to do with these Nerf guns. I don't work in an environment where I could shoot coworkers.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Huh, that's...interesting. Looks a little bottom-heavy with that drum hanging off, though. The front is cool, though.

The only troubleshooting I can find for my Maverick is that the paint might be making the cylinder too heavy for the spring to turn it. So I need to take it apart yet again and move one of the springs around, or and another one. Ugh.

I just wish I had something to do with these Nerf guns. I don't work in an environment where I could shoot coworkers.

So grab some buddies and head out into the woods/the park/whatever. Guns are cheap, especially if you can mod them to take stefans instead of just proper ammo, and Nerfing it up costs wayyyy less than, say, airsofting it up. It also takes far less athleticism, and could safely be done in a large house.

Hell, 2 or 3 people can have a hell of a time in one's back yard.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Everyone has moved far enough away to make getting together a hassle. Oh, I fully intend to assault them the next time a convention or special occasion rolls around. Hopefully they'll fall in line.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Nerf N-Strike Alpha Trooper CS-18
    TOY-IPN-1725.jpg

Looks like a recon with a permanent shotgun style barrel and an 18 dart drum clip.

ffffffffffff recon internals again

MrDelish on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'll have that little drum mag.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Nerf N-Strike Alpha Trooper CS-18
    TOY-IPN-1725.jpg

Dude NOT SAFE FOR FUCKING WORK.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    wat

MrDelish on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sidebar ad on the site linked shows an anime girl's gazongas.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Really? Either I'm extremely unobservant or that was added later. My apologies.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So, my Maverick is prettymuch done for. Because of the paint and all that, the trigger just won't pull forward far enough to turn the cylinder. I'm not sure what I could do to fix this, besides go in and scrape off paint, which sorta defeats the whole purpose. Not that plenty hasn't already scraped off while I took it apart and put it back together multiple times to try and figure out what I'd done wrong.

Now I'm left with a shoddily painted, non-working Maverick. I might just go buy another one and not paint this one, and just have twelve extra darts for it (from this one, and the other one I lost to painting).

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So the Alpha Trooper may be a target exclusive: Link
    trooper-back.jpg

Also, another new blaster: The Spectre REV-5. Looks like a Recon had sex with a maverick. Also, that's a long-ass stock addon: Link
    spectre-back.jpg

As far as I can tell, those links ARE work safe, but your mileage may vary.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh man. Folding stock AND a cylinder. Also the front looks like a silencer.

Nerf, stop making guns I have to buy. I'm running out of room.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    They need to make a belt-fed multi-barrel rotary cannon that can be "charged up" to fire all the barrels at once like the rocket launcher from the original Unreal Tournament...

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    HuntzyHuntzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Heres hoping the spectre is not another reverse plunger

Huntzy on
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Spectre is probably maverick guts.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MMMm I love this thread, its like a good friend you havent seen in a long time.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    HuntzyHuntzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Spectre is probably maverick guts.
    mmmmhhmm a maverick that can have a power stock

Huntzy on
  • Options
    Rigor MortisRigor Mortis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Huntzy wrote: »
    Heres hoping the spectre is not another reverse plunger
    I don't mind reverse plungers. You can do a mod without even disassembling the gun. For example, on the recon you can unscrew the black cylinder that hides the plunger and drop a conical spring in. Or just extend the cylinder with a pipe cutter and electrical tape and use a regular spring.

Rigor Mortis on
  • Options
    XtralifeXtralife Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So the Trooper, which is like the Raider but smaller and with a nice handle, will have Recon guts, which is totally a deal-breaker. And then the Spectre will be a Maverick, but larger, with one less dart, and have a useless extension that limits the range. Dammit.

I'll probably get the Trooper though, nickname it Eddie, and make incessant Iron Maiden jokes about it.

Xtralife on
    Twitter Facebook Steam XBL Google+ Dropbox: get 250mb free
    Minecraft username is the same. No server yet.
    Battle.net: majesticslump@aol.com
    Not too active on Steam, my computer sucks. Still no XBL Gold account. DS friend codes in spoiler.
    ACWW: 2063-9673-0359
    GTA Chinatown Wars: 0388-4661-8548
    Jump Ultimate Stars: 5155-6844-1452
    Mario Kart: 4811-3240-0433
    Scribblenauts: 4812-6335-7531
    Starfox Command: 1139-8027-6150
    Zelda: Phantom Hourglass: 4211-4545-9789
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    at least one of them is going to be not-Recon internals

MrDelish on
  • Options
    XtralifeXtralife Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, but you could buy a Maverick for cheaper and have a smaller, more useful weapon.

Xtralife on
    Twitter Facebook Steam XBL Google+ Dropbox: get 250mb free
    Minecraft username is the same. No server yet.
    Battle.net: majesticslump@aol.com
    Not too active on Steam, my computer sucks. Still no XBL Gold account. DS friend codes in spoiler.
    ACWW: 2063-9673-0359
    GTA Chinatown Wars: 0388-4661-8548
    Jump Ultimate Stars: 5155-6844-1452
    Mario Kart: 4811-3240-0433
    Scribblenauts: 4812-6335-7531
    Starfox Command: 1139-8027-6150
    Zelda: Phantom Hourglass: 4211-4545-9789
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Xtralife wrote: »
    Yeah, but you could buy a Maverick for cheaper and have a smaller, more useful weapon.

but, the barrel extension!

MrDelish on
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    MrDelish wrote: »

Define "useful."

Because you know, you are shooting foam darts. I will gladly choose a more badass weapon even if its foam-shooting range is compromised.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    MrDelish wrote: »

Sadly, those just reduce the range of darts fired through them.

Undead Scottsman on