As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I Got 99 Problems But A [CHAT] Ain't One

• TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This forum is really the only social activity I get.

Jesus, that's depressing.

How much are revolvers?

Tam on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tam wrote: »

How much are revolvers?

Too expensive for my tastes.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nappuccino wrote: »

How much are revolvers?

Too expensive for my tastes.

Your money'd be better spent on triple cheeseburgers, they're delicious as well as life threatening.

Mustang on
    edited September 2008
    Fuck that I'm going out in class

A Colt, Some Jack, and a Cuban, thank you very much.

Tam on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think your edit has scared everyone away...

edit: how's canada treating you?

You're breakin' my balls man

Did you expect me to make friends right away before school starts? The fun begins September 2nd, and then a week after that, play time is over.

Canada's pretty sweet by the way, but my apartment was a bit of a surprise; It's barely over six feet in height. I feel like Gandolf when he walked into Bilbo's house in the first LOTR movie.

Also, who the hell sells bagged milk? The hell were you thinking Canada?

Godfather on
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Real men eat rifled slugs.

Uncle Long on
    edited September 2008
    Godfather wrote: »

Did you expect me to make friends right away before school starts? The fun begins September 2nd, and then a week after that, play time is over.

Sounds quite a lot like my experience here... Everyone I met left for the weekend leaving me to waste away alone in my room. Hell, even the school cafe isn't open. Not even the cooks want to see me :(

Canada's pretty sweet by the way, but my apartment was a bit of a surprise; It's barely over six feet in height. I feel like Gandolf when he walked into Bilbo's house in the first LOTR movie.

Economy housing?

Also... bagged milk is something I had never thought of before, but it intrigues me.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

edited September 2008

It's shit like that that's the reason I live in America the GREATEST NATION IN THE MULTIVERSE

Tam on
    edited September 2008
    It's shit like that that's the reason I live in America the GREATEST NATION IN THE MULTIVERSE

That's right! Who needs bagged milk and hobbit houses when we have Burgers that are your entire meal for the week?

Nappuccino on

edited September 2008
    I mean, that's just wierd. How do you pour said milk? And then close it back? Do you have to put it in a container or what?

And despite the height issues, I love my basement apartment. It's right next to everything, and it's mine.

Also thanks to the terrible service at Rogers wireless I still don't have a cell phone, despite the fact that i've been trying to get one since last thursday.

Godfather on
    edited September 2008

That's right! Who needs bagged milk and hobbit houses when we have Burgers that are your entire meal for the week?

Actually I eat steaks and barbecue and boiled vegetables every meal.

Tam on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Yeah, but I bet you don't have any bagged milk.
    Bagged milk....man, that is fucking epic. I love Canadia. You guys are almost as rediculous as us.

Mustang on
    edited September 2008

So that's.... *mentally calculates* enough to give a small child a heart attack in 3.4 seconds.

Nappuccino on

edited September 2008
    Canada doesn't have Crunch Berries.

That kinda sucks.

Godfather on
    edited September 2008
    Canada doesn't have Crunch Berries.

That kinda sucks.

But do you have Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

That's where it's at.

Nappuccino on

edited September 2008
    Yeah we got that.

Bit of a yin-yang thing going on up here.

Godfather on
    edited September 2008

So that's.... *mentally calculates* enough to give a small child a heart attack in 3.4 seconds.

you are underestimating the power of vegetables. and I exercise too.

Tam on
    edited September 2008
    Yeah we got that.

Bit of a yin-yang thing going on up here.

ohhh, ic. At least you have 1/2 of the awesome breakfast you deserve.

@tam: As long as you do cardio, I guess :)

Nappuccino on

edited September 2008
    Man you guys gotta see the art these first year students are crankin' out, it's absolutely insane.

I snapped a few pictures but can seem to find the chord that connects my camera to my PC.

Godfather on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh I'd love to go to art school but the competition would crush me! "Why doesn't my work make people fall to their knees and sob?!"

desperaterobots on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Yesterday, I was having lunch with a friend and couldn't help but overhear this man... this fountain of wisdom made flesh, imparting his great knowledge on all those at Pizzeria Uno.

He talked about everything, from how to run a restaurant successfully, to how Jesus was black, to how to find the perfect man. The funny thing was, he would contradict himself so often that it was amazing nobody called him out on anything...

Anyone ever run into these 'Foutain of Wisdom' type people. Those guys that have the answer to everything and insist on giving you advice on how to run your career when their job requres them to say 'Want fries with that?'

Oh My God Yes.

There was this incredibly fat old American New-Yorker guy who started working here (call centre, sales, no-brainer shit). He was the biggest complainer in the office, always ready to argue trivial shit and never able to concede a point. Meetings would be overrun by this guy going off on any tangent where he could explain to the whole team how poorly X Y Z was being run, and how A B C would improve it.

He'd regail the stupider elements of my workplace with longwinded bullshit about anything anyone happened to be talking about. There was a story in the paper here about a taxi driver yelling at a security guard at the airport (because our airport is tiny and stupidly busy because of the resource boom and it makes people antsy). I commented that they were both just doing their jobs and shouting doesn't solve anything.

OH BUT IT DOES and take it from ME -- I worked as a taxi driver AND a security guard, so I know sometimes you HAVE to shout! How's that? You know Desperaterobots, when you get to MY AGE, you learn a few things. You're not answering my question. Listen, I'm a big fat american loudmouth and I can say whatever I want!

He may not have said that last bit, but they were always just stupid arguments from authority. He also sexually harassed a lot of the younger female staff.

Wow, that sounds like the male counterpart to my old roommate.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I used to argue a lot with one of my bestest buddies from highschool, like we'd literally email each other back and forth all day arguing about crap. But we'd also laugh a lot so it seemed okay?

But it had started to get on my nerves, and one night he was being particularly self-righteous and he raised his voice at me and I snapped. We're not friends anymore, but I'm a lot happier now though, and rarely argue anything I don't care a lot about. The moral is: I am surrounded by stupid people.

desperaterobots on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    Since arguing in the traditional sense what with the raised voices and getting in a huff and what have you is silly, I tend to only argue in a silly way about silly things that everyone involved knows is silly, such as (to give a recent example) whether Driver 1 or Crazy Taxi 1 was the better game. I consider it 'argument as sport'.

If it's a serious argument going down it's time to go into 'no-emotion Vulcan logic mode', because I ain't a fan of losin' my shit. My shit has to remain un-lost. My parents argued all the time when I was growing up, and the only thing their flipping out constantly accomplished was teaching me that flipping out never solves jack shit.
    It was Driver, you knobs.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    I have a buddy that I can debate things, and explore ideologies, with; often times in very polemic conversation, but it's always done with the air of sibling destitution so rarely is anything ever taken on the chin, or meant in bad faith. I rather enjoy having someone in life like that.

My old roomie, however, was someone you could never talk with, instead feeling the distinct impression you were always being talked at, having no real bearing on the conversation anymore than a potted plant could accomplish. It was always the same handful of stories ad nauseam, spoken with enthusiasm each time as though it were the first the story had ever been told, and in all honesty I don't think she ever realized this was the case.

This wouldn't really be enough to grate on my nerves if it weren't the case that every wretched story always boiled down to how she asserted dominance over someone else, and usually in the most mundane scenario involving the most pathetic circumstances. It rarely, if ever, impressed me to hear stories of how childish she's been throughout her entire life. You would think a person would figure it out at some point in their lives.

And yes, this is the person I am currently embroiled in trying to get my $600 security deposit back from, whom kept it in bad faith just to try and assert her dominance over me on my way out the door.

edited September 2008
    And yes, this is the person I am currently embroiled in trying to get my $600 security deposit back from, whom kept it in bad faith just to try and assert her dominance over me on my way out the door.

Well I hope if nothing else, this experience has taught you an important life lesson:

Never trust anybody, ever.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited September 2008

Well I hope if nothing else, this experience has taught you an important life lesson:

Never trust anybody, ever.

You said it!

But... wait...

How do I know you are telling the truth? And even if you are, that still leads to a...

M O R A L Q U A N D R A Y

edited September 2008
    Pfft, how are you going to ever become a socially-isolated paranoid hermit with that kind of wishy-washy, non-committal attitude?

Why don't you go get married and have a long, fulfilling life if you're just going to half-ass it like this, you layabout slacker nimrod.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited September 2008
    I can't do nothing right!
    Grammar and Syntax jokes gets the ladies purrin', right?

In other, non-committal news, here is a link I found rather inspiring.

edited September 2008
    Yes, Mars, my bestie was similar, although he was more into making snarky remarks about other peoples choices and declaring how much better his tastes were. He'd attack christians as being mindless (a juvenile sentiment but one I'm generally supportive of) and then read a Michael Moore book and consider himself full bottle on every issue within. Basically, he was a black and white kind of guy, and I suppose I came to find the greys more interesting.

Oh, and neat posters. You guys need mandatory voting like Australia. Lazy fuckers!

desperaterobots on
    edited September 2008
    Mandatory voting? How does that work?

• EdmanEdman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Pfft, how are you going to ever become a socially-isolated paranoid hermit with that kind of wishy-washy, non-committal attitude?

Why don't you go get married and have a long, fulfilling life if you're just going to half-ass it like this, you layabout slacker nimrod.

I am living proof that you can be married and also be a socially-isolated paranoid hermit!

Edman on
    edited September 2008

Vote or be fined, basically. You can still throw your vote away by filling in the form incorrectly or whatever, but it means everyone has to show up to a booth on voting day. Oddly enough I can't vote because I'm not an Australian citizen so who am I!

desperaterobots on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Vote or be fined, basically. You can still throw your vote away by filling in the form incorrectly or whatever, but it means everyone has to show up to a booth on voting day. Oddly enough I can't vote because I'm not an Australian citizen so who am I!

Jackie Chan

MKR on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    godfather: on the topic of bagged milk

go to walmart and ask them for a milk container for said bagged milk (grocery stores will sell it too)
    you put the bag into the container, snip off one of the top corners, and you don't have to reseal it or anything, it doesn't go bad quicker or anything from being open in your fridge.

beavotron on
  • PiousPious Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Just cause I'm fucking board on my lunch hour, IHOP FUCKING ROCKS!! I was in Arizona like 2 months ago, we had IHOP for breakfeast like at 8am. We only had water to drink for the rest of the day and didn't feel hungry at all. It was the day when our car finally broke down. I had to walk to wal-mart for spark plugs, then a battery. Then we finally called a tow truck, took it to wal-mart, they said they couldn't fix it. took it to some dealer ship to fix it. They couldn't touch it till the next fucking morning and charged me 460 dollars. We took a bus ride to our hotel, and went to sleep. Pancakes saved my life. Next day though, whew, they didnt' fix it tll fuckinging 1pm. I was pissed so I got my bro, and headed back home to Oklahoma, I drove from 1pm till 4:30 in the morning in amarillo cause my body was a bout to crash.

So now i'm working two jobs, I work from 5am to 12am some days. One day though, I ate at 1:30pm and went to work, skipped all my breaks and lunches and got home at 12, I lost 10 pounds in one night.

Am I a zombie? Or do I have more stadges to go. How do you become a zombie without being bitten by a zombie?

Pious on
    Untitled_1_4.jpg
    edited September 2008

I am living proof that you can be married and also be a socially-isolated paranoid hermit!

Doesn't count unless she's a mail-order Russian bride, and you had her shipped to a PO Box.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited September 2008
    Well, I just watched my parents drive away. Next time i'll see them is christmas.

It's just me from here on out.

Godfather on
    edited September 2008

Doesn't count unless she's a mail-order Russian bride, and you had her shipped to a PO Box.

I didn't know mail-order brides fit into P.O. Boxes... Sounds like they have a high set of requirements before you can become one.

Nappuccino on

edited September 2008
    Alright guys, here is some of the work from the 1st year students. This is end-of-the-year kind of stuff, so if I make it through this is the kind of quality i'll be delivering. Also, everyone can draw/paint like this by the end, so this isn't a best-of-the-best kind of deal here:

2008_08250001.jpg

2008_08250005.jpg

2008_08250002.jpg

2008_08250003.jpg

2008_08250004.jpg

It's worth noting at this point that most, if not all of these kids have never picked up a paintbrush in their life before coming to this school. They're (hopefully) around the same level of skill as I right now, which is terrible to say the least.

Godfather on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What kind of school is this? is it a 4 year Uni? Some of that stuff seems pretty heavy into the representational content for first year students.

ManonvonSuperock on
This discussion has been closed.