As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I want a next-gen Vampire: The Requiem game.

• Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh well, is it the damage soak change then? What exactly do you not like? I've got a fairly high tolerance for sloppiness in games so its probably something i don't care about (maybe).

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    FUCKING.

MALKAVIAN ASSHOLE.

AND HIS PET PSYCHOPATHS.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    In a nutshell, the old clans and factions were much more interesting, the old Generation system had a lot more potential for "youth rising up" stories, the combination of attributes/abilities needed for various rolls tended to make a lot more sense (although it gave an uneven weight to certain stats, such as Dexterity, I'll admit), Nature/Demeanor was a way more interesting and subtle system than Virtue/Vice, and the new Merit system just feels like a monstrous appendage meant to emulate the d20 Feat system.

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ah well, the clans and bloodlines are as interesting as you make them. Youth rising up can still be done and generation isn't an "i win" button anymore. Nature and demeanor was imo too cubersome and a pain in the ass in general. The merit system is actually well its pretty much the same as the extra system the owod had.

Oh well, different strokes etc

edit: and they got rid of appearance as a base stat and made it a merit (extra), now that makes more sense

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Comahawk wrote: »
    So, anyone point out yet that the V:tR game will likely be a MMO made by CCP?

Still not due out till '10 :( although next year at Gencon I expect some kind of showing.

I think all that's known about the game is that its being made in CCP's new Atlanta digs.

Also It needs Hunters.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Vampire_GoldfishVampire_Goldfish Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Really the only reason I don't play it is because its way too damn hard to find good people to play with. They either just plain suck ass or don't even know how to actually play the game beyond their 6th grade theater class acting.

Vampire_Goldfish on
    signatureseh.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    fucking zombies.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Jedoc wrote: »
    J3p wrote: »
    Don't forget to install the unofficial/community patches if you're planning to play through Bloodlines again.

Is it Knob who starts frothing at the mouth whenever somebody mentions the community patches, or is it one of the other mods?

That's Tube.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    someone draw a pentagram and kill a goat so we can ask him why he hates community patches so bad.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Bedlam wrote: »
    They are good at making conversation simulators and reading games.

You are a man with horrible taste and poor grammar.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You know what I want? a game based on Changeling: The Dreaming. Yes, I know it was one of White Wolf's lesser known game worlds but goddamnit it was so awesome fucking hell

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    someone draw a pentagram and kill a goat so we can ask him why he hates community patches so bad.

I think he believes the Vampire community patch mostly fiddles with inane shit and makes some totally unnecessary changes.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Just give me another Planescape game, I can't be bothered with most WoD lore.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just give me another Planescape game, I can't be bothered with most WoD lore.

Yes. Just, just yes. A Planescape MMO would probably mean I will lose whatever vestigial remnants of life I still have.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    SephSeph Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    if they came out with a planescape mmo i would be doomed

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Seph wrote: »
    if they came out with a planescape mmo i would be doomed

We would all be doomed Seph. It won't really be that hard to do either, basically just D&D online minus the suck. Heh, The Lady of Pain could appear at any of the major Sigilian hubs once a day, and anyone caught under her shadow immediately dies. Mazes could be randomly generated instances. Fuck me that sounds awesome.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    well you aren't supposed to get out of the mazes

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mazing is an admin power.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    well you aren't supposed to get out of the mazes

There's always a way. Besides, they'll be exceedingly high level mazes, that you have to enter "voluntarily" (by a chain of events that you know how is going to end).

Planes could be different areas, and access to them could be gained through various hubs (areas of sigil). These hubs could also be used as areas themselves, like access to UnderSigil, or the warrens of the cranium rats. In a City of Heroes like fashion, random event spawns around the hub could be intractable by players (two thugs robbing a lady. Help the lady or aid the thugs).

God damn this could be really good.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    If things ever got boring they could just bring in ships that travel the astral sea. Think about that.

Really, I'd prefer a single-player version though.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    a werewolf game would be fun too if you could keep the goddamn furries away from it. just because i wouldn't want my enjoyment of it to be sullied.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    malkavian.jpg

Favlaud on
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You know what I want? a game based on Changeling: The Dreaming. Yes, I know it was one of White Wolf's lesser known game worlds but goddamnit it was so awesome fucking hell

I have played with more than twenty individual changeling players...

Two of them were not complete fuck sticks.

Changeling was not lesser known, Changeling was a total failure. Mainly because the system was broken beyond playability in some parts. The golden rule is fun and all, but it shouldn't need to be used on every rule because the core rules contradict each other or make little sense.

However, i will admit, it was a cool idea and had it not been so flawed it would of kicked ass. Much like Wraith, but that was mainly due to needing an extremely close group of players. Which, as I mentioned earlier, is difficult due to the people who tend to play WoD.

Oh well, I miss my gaming days, but at the same time I don't.

Comahawk on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Goddamn, Bloodlines...
    That poor stuttering thin blood. I couldn't kill the dude. D:

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You know, I would've really liked a little "base building" side quest in the game, a-la NWN2 Stronghold. You know, finding a DJ for he Confession club, getting dancers, booking a vampire band for a gig...

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Goddamn, Bloodlines...

The saddest character ever. It's a good thing he doesn't represent an important quest, or I'd be completely screwed.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    it's actually an homage to that character played by Edward Norton in one of his earliest and best roles alongside supporting actor Richard Geere who didn't do anything but play generic lawyer man

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    He still ate a flamethrower blast.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    it's actually an homage to that character played by Edward Norton in one of his earliest and best roles alongside supporting actor Richard Geere who didn't do anything but play generic lawyer man

how do you even know that

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You're a monster, BigDes. I don't know how you sleep at night.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008

go watch the movie it is uncannily similar

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Goddamn, Bloodlines...

The saddest character ever. It's a good thing he doesn't represent an important quest, or I'd be completely screwed.

He's not even important and I couldn't do it. :|
    F-F-FIND Y-YOUR HEART! FIND YOUR HEART!

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

On a pile of cash and EXP.

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

On a pile of cash and EXP.

you're a butt.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

go watch the movie it is uncannily similar

But if that's true, then he's also a brooding psychopathic killer hiding beneath that innocent exterior. Probably working with the Tzimisce.

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    "Oh, a sewer level... well, I'm sure it won't take long."

Later...

"Yup... next section I'll probably be talkin' at some Nosferatu."

Much later...

1218710237905.gif

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, I'm gonna play some of Bloodlines again tonight, I think as a Tremere.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Let me just warn you right now, don't bother with Thaumaturgy in that game. They absolutely gimped it except for a couple of fights...I think the only place where it was any good is on the Gargoyle in Hollywood.

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Let me just warn you right now, don't bother with Thaumaturgy in that game. They absolutely gimped it except for a couple of fights...I think the only place where it was any good is on the Gargoyle in Hollywood.

Let me just warn you, you are wrong.

Oh hi 30 sabbat shovel heads.

EXCOOS ME PLZ DNOT VOMIT BLOOD ON MAH SHOES.

You! Explode in a pile of blood!

You! Eat blood bullets!

mmmm tasty blood bullets.

Tremere is probably the most imba class. Thaumaturgy is like having dominate, but it works amazingly well on supernaturals as well as normies

Im starting again as a Nosferatu. Becasue srsly, they are awesome. Striking fear into enemies, avoiding the foodbags that we call "Humans" The way any self respecting vampire should.

CangoFett on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    has anyone mentioned the World of Darkness MMO that is rumored?

If by "rumored" you mean known to be in development.

Yeah unfortunately the intellectual property is in the hands of ccp, the guys who brought you eve online-- which itself would be a great game if it wasn't based off thousands of people mindlessly dragging objects from box a to box b for hours on end.

I dunno that nwod is an abortion, actually I think it's pretty good. They killed the metaplot which, while it was interesting, didn't really improve the setting at all. It dramatically simplified a lot of things and sent everyone who wanted to powergame over to goddamned exalted.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.