As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Chat] is my Penis

1303132333436»

• Options
    WerdnaWerdna Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The Cat wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    What is the timeperiod that we are using? The original christians thought that the world would end during their lifetime.

Uh

its happening now. Want to maybe read up on the actions of orthodox christians in eastern europe and russia?

Don't be retarded.
    Excuse me? There are plenty of documented instances of the local christians in those areas running other religions out of town on a rail. Peace and love my ass. And don't get me started on South East Asia. Christians are no more or less magically likely to adhere to non-violence than any other spiritual group, and you look like a complete idiot arguing otherwise.

word.

Werdna on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What is the timeperiod that we are using? The original christians thought that the world would end during their lifetime.

Uh

its happening now. Want to maybe read up on the actions of orthodox christians in eastern europe and russia?

Don't be retarded.
    Excuse me? There are plenty of documented instances of the local christians in those areas running other religions out of town on a rail. Peace and love my ass. And don't get me started on South East Asia. Christians are no more or less magically likely to adhere to non-violence than any other spiritual group, and you look like a complete idiot arguing otherwise.

You know full well that people use any ideologies to justify violence. Don't give me that crap.
    word.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Richy wrote: »

Uh

Don't be retarded.

You know full well that people use any ideologies to justify violence. Don't give me that crap.
    word.

word.

Werdna on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    Hey guys, let's say, for hypotheticality's sake that I like the voice of that guy in Viva La Vida. I need more songs like that, but not necessarily by him.

Man, Pandora that shit!

Satan. on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Werdna wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    word.

word.
    word.jpg

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2008
    Pfft, Christians.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey guys, let's say, for hypotheticality's sake that I like the voice of that guy in Viva La Vida. I need more songs like that, but not necessarily by him.

You want more people that sound like chris martin or you want more songs that sound like coldplay?

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Satan. wrote: »

Man, Pandora that shit!

This Muse is meh.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    gundam470 wrote: »

You want more people that sound like chris martin or you want more songs that sound like coldplay?

Like Chris in that song.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well its got to be a chocolate jesus
    Make me feel good inside
    Got to be a chocolate jesus
    Keep me satisfied
    :whistle:

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The benevolence of an incoming group is generally directly proportional to their likelyhood of getting their asses kicked if they started shit.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    alright, I'm taking a nap

later, [chat]

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Like Chris in that song.

Have you listened to other coldplay stuff?? I really don't like Muse. Try listening to Radiohead's In Rainbows although thom yorke sings a bit higher than chris martin usually.

edit: also OK Computer.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Like Chris in that song.

Have you listened to other coldplay stuff?? I really don't like Muse. Try listening to Radiohead's In Rainbows although thom yorke sings a bit higher than chris marting usually.

If you like Coldplay you may also like:

Injecting Morphine
    Overdosing on Xanax
    Recreational Benadryl

I like some of their songs but I swear they cut their albums down to half speed before release.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You know what would be really great right now? If someone went to dinner with me where we could hang out and make monster stats up together.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Like Chris in that song.

Have you listened to other coldplay stuff?? I really don't like Muse. Try listening to Radiohead's In Rainbows although thom yorke sings a bit higher than chris martin usually.

No.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    You know what would be really great right now? If someone went to dinner with me where we could hang out and make monster stats up together.

Man, I totally would if you lived by me.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Yeah, which is why saying stuff like
    It's why mythologies have to be unreal, because they have to be the functional core of culture/society. Christianity, on the other hand, does not seek to reproduce it's culture in violence, but rather assimilate everyone into its mythos so that they can be saved and there can be peace.

Is laughably asinine.

No. Just, no.

It doesn't, Christians haven't historically, and I'd just love to see the definition of "Christianity" which is removed from the practices of its worshipers.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Proto wrote: »
    Well its got to be a chocolate jesus
    Make me feel good inside
    Got to be a chocolate jesus
    Keep me satisfied
    :whistle:

jcqz6.jpg

Werdna on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Chocolate Jesus has Chocolate Penis.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    No.
    Well Parachutes is all piano ballads basically but is probably my favorite cd of theirs. A Rush of Blood to the Head isn't too distant a departure from the former but has a lot of great tracks also.I didn't like X&y so much but it had decent songs.

If you like Viva La Vida then I would say check out the rest of the album because there are songs that I like much better than the title track.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Parachutes was actual good coldplay. Rush of blood was pretty good coldplay.

Everything since has been produced by the help of record company sound scientists to be as inoffensive and catchy as possible, with lyrics that make no goddamned sense at all.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »

Everything since has been produced by the help of record company sound scientists to be as inoffensive and catchy as possible, with lyrics that make no goddamned sense at all.

X and Y makes me feel too embarassed to listen to. He's a grown man writing and singing lyrics like that.

Parachutes was a great little album...twentysome minutes. But it was tight and flowed.

Werdna on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    James wrote: »
    Well it would be nice if people would separate Christian theology from the history of the Catholic church, at least.

Who wrote most of that theology may I ask?

Philosophers and theologians. Unless you mean Catholic theology, which is very different.

James on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    UCLA needs to switch QBs soon.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Man, I totally would if you lived by me.

Quick, fly to Seattle, I'm starving.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Chocolate Jesus really does have a chocolate penis. :winky:

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Immaculate confection

Proto on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I know!

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Immaculate confection
    lolerskate

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »

I know!

Well he is chocolate.

Werdna on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    I don't think my laptop can run X3, isn't that the fancy-looking space game?

Late but I was busyyyyyyyyyy going ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz.

Yes. If you can't run it, this is a good and bad thing, like your body not feeling good if you inject crack.

tyrannus wrote: »
    morninglord you fuck

now i have to play some X3

*snicker*

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Immaculate confection
    lolerskate

Tom Waits wrote Chocolate Jesus after coming across a product called testamints

hehe

Proto on
  • Options
    Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008

X and Y makes me feel too embarassed to listen to. He's a grown man writing and singing lyrics like that.

Parachutes was a great little album...twentysome minutes. But it was tight and flowed.

Martin acknowledged that X and Y sucked, and he knew it was a step backwards as an artist. That's why they brought in Brian Eno for Viva la Vida. He was brutally honest about how they had fallen into a shit pattern as a band, Martin's awful tendency to fall back on falsetto etc.

Satan. on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Chocolate Jesus should be made from white chocolate. And where are the M16s?

James on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Immaculate confection
    lolerskate

Tom Waits wrote Chocolate Jesus after coming across a product called testamints

hehe

Thou shalt confess with the Lord Jesus in thy mouth!

Werdna on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Podly whats a good representation of Girard's work. Like, I don't have time to read all of him, but the physchology section is next to the philosophy section so I could take a look at one or two of his books. Which ones would you recommend? Or Icen?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Satan. wrote: »

Martin acknowledged that X and Y sucked, and he knew it was a step backwards as an artist. That's why they brought in Brian Eno for Viva la Vida. He was brutally honest about how they had fallen into a shit pattern as a band, Martin's awful tendency to fall back on falsetto etc.

Well I have a hardon for Eno the size of a small moon so now maybe I will give this new one a serious listen.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    20030221h.gif
    Tycho wrote:
    The atrophy of Gabe's ability in Fighters is something for which I am at least partly to blame. With few exceptions - Freeman and Iron Man, for example - I put up a mostly token resistance, so if he has come away from all these mock conflicts with the impression of indomitable personal prowess, no man could blame him. Other than checking out those new maps and 'mechs, he has committed himself entirely to being abused in online matches. The ability to hold "tournaments," with spectators and the like, would be quite welcome - I'm curious if the imminent Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 will improve upon the current matching system.

Those Goddamn GBA SP's showed up yesterday when I was over watching people injure Gabriel, so I guess I'll have to wait until later today. I have had many requests from humans curious how it compares with the Afterburners they have already, and I'm right there with them. The more compact size, I can give or take. It's the light and the battery pack I'm in for, and if the light turns out to be only okay the status quo begins to make some very compelling arguments. Hopefully I'll have it before I need to tear my computer apart, and I'll be able to kick out a quick note to all concerned parties.

I'm really in the mood for an RPG at the moment, but if something breaks my concentration in the middle of a game - like moving, or whatever - I sometimes can't get back on task, ever. I was playing Asheron's Call nightly for hours on end until I fled Chez Rats, and once I got into the new place, I played it long enough to buy some golden pants and that was it. Of course, that didn't stop me from trying to buy Dark Cloud 2 yesterday, which I would have done, if it hadn't been sold out of every one of the four stores we went to. Hopefully that's a good sign. For RPG's, though, that's hardly the only game out this month - in fact, good luck even trying to play them all. If Xenogears is any indication, good luck finishing its sequel (prequel, yeequel, whatever) Xenosaga before the year is out. Our operative at the Bellevue mall GameStop swears by ".hack", and he has a very sincere face. There's also a new Breath Of Fire game, but I couldn't tell you what that means exactly, because I've never played one. Tentatively, I am prepared to say it is as good as the others.

I tried to buy Apex when Dark Cloud 2 didn't pan out, and for some reason no-one had that either. At that point, though, I was primed for commerce - and I was able to bleed it off by purchasing a snappy reversible belt. I sat down, reversing and unversing it, and wondered if my gut feeling about Apex was correct - had Ridge Racer 4 returned? Ridge Racer 4, the one that showed me that racing games were, in fact, just games, and could be enjoyed independent of an irrational fixation on conveyances? The controls were demanding without being simmy. It had an almost RPG feel to it, your cars leveled up after races, and eventually changed shape altogether - but there were four different teams to race for, and all has specialties and unique progressions, in addition to a story, a strange story, but a story that carried you from race to race. It was very engaging, and the reviews I've read of Apex make me hope.

I do apologize for any brevity or lack of vigor the last few days. It feels as though key portions of my brain are packed up, along with everything else.

(CW)TB out.

speak to the sky
    Tycho wrote:
    Here are the things you need to know.

# You will not be prepared for how small it actually is. I've been looking at pictures for days and days, and I was still shocked when it arrived. The box looks as though it could not possibly contain it. It still manages to fit pretty well in my GBA case, though. I just arrange the games in the missing space.

# The L/R butten placement - behind the screen, on each side of the base - that is going to take some getting used to. Right now that feels pretty weird.

# It came fully charged. Thanks, Japan!

# Comparing it to an Afterburner is more complex, not to mention highly subjective. For example: If you have installed the whole ball of wax - i.e., the "potentiometer" brightness dial thing - into your GameBoy, then you actually have a little more functionality than the SP, which only has "on" or "off" for the light. In virtually every other case, I need to give the edge to the GBA SP - I won't waffle on the point or try to mitigate it. I prefer it.

(CW)TB
    Gabe wrote:
    We were in downtown Seattle today doing some business type shit for PA and we stopped by the EBX out there. We lucked out in that they had both of the games we wanted but were unable to attain over here on the east side. I picked up Apex and Dark Cloud 2 and Tycho just got Apex.

Tycho mentioned earlier that he hoped Apex would be able to measure up to Ridge Racer 4 and after spending some time with it I'd have to say it does. Visually it's a knock out. Owners of HDTV's will delight to know that Apex supports 480p. The reflection maps and various lighting effects on the road are some of the best I've seen. The cars handle really tight, I was power sliding with ease after just a few laps. The option of using your own soundtrack is abother killer feature. Nothing beats rocketing around hair pin curves on some European mountain while Crystal Method blasts through your speakers instead of the bland techno crap most racing games include. Calling all freaks indeed.

Dark Cloud 2 is a bit harder to judge right now. I'm only on the second level of the sewer dungeons or whatever. Things I like so far are obviously the graphics which are killer and the music which is also fantastic. There are still some things I am not quite clear about involving the leveling up of your weapons and the spectralization or whatever of items. One of the best features in DC2 though is the built in help menu. Just about everything you could possibly have a question about is explained with video tutorials narrated by the characters. I am excited to spend more time with it.

My friend Robert and I are going to attempt to construct our own fighting sticks for use on CvS2. I have a bit of experience with this. I did a bit of rudimentary wiring on the two arcade machines I have. Hopefully I won't solder any parts of my own body this time. That shit is hot. watch out.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.