As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

American Presidency: Let's get Eric!

• Options
    lsukalellsukalel Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Not trying to unduly bring family members in but this (link below) may shed some light on the AIP matters as it regards Sarah Palin

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/09/todd_palin_was_registered_memb.php

lsukalel on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This may explain why the media has begun to turn on McCain.

Ah, yes. How dare the media hold a Presidential candidate accountable.
    So, I'm in an arguement with some family members, who say that Obama voted to kill babies who survive abortion, I know this is bullshit but I need the reasons why to show how much shit my cousin is full of.

How about, Because it's fucking insane!

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    The campaign even considered pulling out of one of the three presidential debates because it would be moderated by Tom Brokaw, a former NBC News anchorman.

Oh, wow.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Also there is this, wow this is getting to the point where we need a Mortal Kombat fatality to end it on mercy grounds

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/09/palins_lobbyist_has_abramoff_t.php

lsukalel on
  • Options
    ScreamlineScreamline Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    "This is my first blag"

Obviously a fan of Randal Monroe.

Screamline on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ``It's pretty obvious the media has a bizarre fascination with Barack Obama, some may even say it's a love affair,'' McCain's campaign said in the e-mail. ``The media is in love with Barack Obama. If it wasn't so serious, it would be funny.''
    So basically the media left him for a younger guy

Delicious

Elendil on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So CNN sure is running both with the (Not-so-much)Vetting of Palin and the Troopergate stories. Any idea how long this will be in the MSM?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    PantsB wrote: »
    Even Carville can't f this up (via Big Orange Satan)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c12DfJ_J2A

Her empty stare...the retarded words coming out of her mouth...

She's a malfunctioning android, isn't she?

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    And it's official - McCain has sold his soul and gonads for a chance to become President.

(And yes, Hillary doing the exact same shit is one of the biggest reasons I couldn't support her.)

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited September 2008

maybe she is the final cylon

lsukalel on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I guess her daughter wont go to college, now that White Jesus has chosen a different path for her. :lol:

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    cherv1cherv1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the other sarah palin vlogs are really good too i'd suggest checking them out

cherv1 on
  • Options
    AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well Todd Palin was a member of the AIP from the mid-90's until 2002. So at least 50% of the family was drinking the CSA of AK Kool-Aid.

Let us see if the convention does anything for ol' Walnuts. I'm guessing the polls even out again in a week or two, but the media narrative certainly has changed and that might be harder to deal with than Gallup.

Astraphobia on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This is turning into a "How broken can the republicans get before December" fun fest.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Well Todd Palin was a member of the AIP from the mid-90's until 2002. So at least 50% of the family was drinking the CSA of AK Kool-Aid.

Let us see if the convention does anything for ol' Walnuts. I'm guessing the polls even out again in a week or two, but the media narrative certainly has changed and that might be harder to deal with than Gallup.

I'm not sure the polls are going to even out. This is a bad hit, right up there with when the Wright stuff broke for Obama before the PA primary, only McCain and Palin don't have the charisma to minimize the damage.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Guys, Obama picked up a major endorsement:
    savagedragon137_c2.jpg

:lol:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    lsukalel wrote: »

maybe she is the final cylon
    I'd hope that if she was the final Cylon she'd be better at hiding it.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Guys, Obama picked up a major endorsement:
    savagedragon137_c2.jpg

:lol:

Well that's it. His Presidency is pretty much sealed...

WMain00 on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You got your links messed up.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    WMain00 wrote: »
    You got your links messed up.

I rolled a 1 on ninja edit

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    SpoonySpoony Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I'm not sure the polls are going to even out. This is a bad hit, right up there with when the Wright stuff broke for Obama before the PA primary, only McCain and Palin don't have the charisma to minimize the damage.

I don't think that it will even out in a week or two. The media has enough stories to keep them in business for a good long while and like a dog with a bone, they aren't going to just give it up unless Obama starts punching Bristol in the uterus.

Spoony on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    sp3.jpgsarah_palin_02.jpg

Well that certainly looks like bristol.

Wonder how the GOP's gonna handle this one?

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nice save. :P

EDIT: I wonder if the GOP is just going to handle it by sticking its fingers in its ears and going "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

WMain00 on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I just got home. What crazy Palin shit has been dug up? It is amazing that I don't even need to ask if crazy Palin shit has been dug up.

Couscous on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited September 2008

OK the media has to pick up on this now.

Her husband is a secessionist. In 2008. What the fuck.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We're still going to hammer the tax and spend meme, are we? Even though nobody can find a study that shows Obama's plans taxing the average(*) american family more than they are currently?

(*) for values of average not solely based on the top 1% of earners in the country

kildy on
  • Options
    GriffuGriffu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've been cut off from campaign news for a while, and now that I'm back to it... uh.. how on Earth did we get to this o_O?

I'm not that optimistic about Palin tripping up McCain yet, though. The reaction I've seen outside of PA has been indifferent to... not even noticing there are problems, apparently. (Well, my Dad thinks Palin was "political masterstroke", but he's kind of crazy anyway...).

So I'm reserving my hope. Unless this stuff starts spilling into the mainstream news bigtime, I'm doubting it's going to have the game-breaking effect we're all so hoping for. And even then, too many people just don't click no matter what you throw at them.

Griffu on
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jokerman wrote: »
    sp3.jpgsarah_palin_02.jpg

It's just soda! Soda in a beer bottle....

Brian888 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Couscous wrote: »
    I just got home. What crazy Palin shit has been dug up? It is amazing that I don't even need to ask if crazy Palin shit has been dug up.

Basically, it's been a valuable lesson in why Vetting Is Fundamental.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    kildy wrote: »
    We're still going to hammer the tax and spend meme, are we? Even though nobody can find a study that shows Obama's plans taxing the average(*) american family more than they are currently?

(*) for values of average not solely based on the top 1% of earners in the country

It'll be a cold day in hell before the GOP ever gives that one up. It's their Golden Fleece of memes.

Brian888 on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Weird. Every youtube video is showing as unavailable, despite my being able to visit the website. Any idea why?

Jragghen on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's like they're falling on every sword they've sharpened.

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Are those really the same people

cherv1 on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I can't tell whether or not that is Palin's daughter because all teenaged white girls with that hairstyle look alike to me.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Griffu wrote: »
    I've been cut off from campaign news for a while, and now that I'm back to it... uh.. how on Earth did we get to this o_O?

I'm not that optimistic about Palin tripping up McCain yet, though. The reaction I've seen outside of PA has been indifferent to... not even noticing there are problems, apparently. (Well, my Dad thinks Palin was "political masterstroke", but he's kind of crazy anyway...).

So I'm reserving my hope. Unless this stuff starts spilling into the mainstream news bigtime, I'm doubting it's going to have the game-breaking effect we're all so hoping for. And even then, too many people just don't click no matter what you throw at them.

The main reason it really hasn't spilled in yet is because the media stream is somewhat full for the moment with Gustav nad SE Asian unrest.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    MarauderMarauder Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Oh how that video makes me so glad I became an Independent. I really think that if I had to defend that Republican congresswoman's statements I would just go ahead and shoot myself.

Seriously, watching them defend this pick is just so incredibly funny....I mean, at least you had Democrats that were willing to either be for or against Obama, even now after he has the nomination.....these tools are just lapping it up with out a hint of "Hey, you know, this might just be a fucking stupid move and I dont agree with it...."

Marauder on
  • Options
    DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Brian888 wrote: »
    kildy wrote: »

It'll be a cold day in hell before the GOP ever gives that one up. It's their Golden Fleece of memes.

It's the only thing they got, now that they have lost the pathetic experience attack. And even the tax one is bullshit.

Seriously, I want some republican here to justify how they can be voting this laughterfest of a party. :|

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Couscous wrote: »
    I can't tell whether or not that is Palin's daughter because all teenaged white girls with that hairstyle look alike to me.

they don't even have the same hairstyle, their partings are on opposite sides

cherv1 on
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Brian888 wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    pics deleted for size - see above

It's just soda! Soda in a beer bottle....

Seriously? That doesn't even look like her!

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.