As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

THANK YOU! (and some notes!)

13»

• Sigma2Sigma2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    PAX '08- a brief review.
    Thank you.

I couldn't enter the keynote after joining the back of the moving queue, missed getting a PipBoy puppet and Fallout sweatshirt (?) while stuck in line for Left 4 Dead, couldn't see the Art of the Dungeon Master panel because of the crowds, didn't get to speak with Wil Wheaton, the PS3 I was queuing at to play Mirror's Edge on overheated, I couldn't see half of the panels I wanted, hardly scratched the expo and was so god damn tired after 3 days I could barely pack.

So thank you.

Thank you for making a convention so utterly involving that none of that even remotely mattered.

Thank you for letting me play Left 4 Dead- one of the most fun- and immediately fun- games I've ever played, thank you for letting me play D&D- for 3 and half hours- for free! Thank you for letting me bear witness to Scott and Bryan Kurtz, Gabe/Mike and Tycho/Jerry- and Wil Wheaton playing D&D- in real life- in front of me, thank you for letting me see how fantastic Mirror's Edge looks, thank you for providing so many panels I wanted to see that I couldn't have seen all the one's I wanted to if there were 2 of me, thank you for providing that many great topics and speakers, thank you for introducing me to MC Frontalot, thank you for allowing me
    to be Rick Rolled by JoCo.

Thank you for the moment I walked into the Line Room on Friday and seeing the community I'd never really understood nor expected before. Thank you for letting me appreciate that, not just core, but PA Core gamers don't stop at my select friends and family.

Thank you to Ian, George, the guys with whom I played D&D for putting up with the noob, to the Headcrab hat guys and the others I walked in with, to the developer at the Mirror's Edge booth and the one demoing inFamous, who let me talk their ears off, to TNGames and their magical multiple colour options dream vest, to John Layman and his amazing trivia games, to the rest of the Champions' developers, to the team behind Jumpgate Evolution for holding that spot for me and so much more, to all the Bungie guys, to Bernie, Gus, Geoff, Matt, Luke, Nate and the rest of Rooster Teeth, to the girl in line who told me her Church stories, to my Grifball teammates- and sorry I kept fucking up, to JoCo, to MC Frontalot, to Negin Farsad, to Scott Kurtz for not making me feel like the raging fanboy I acted, to the guy I spilt Coke on in Subway (for being so cool about the whole thing), to every single attendee and exhibitor and panellist who's names I don't know.

Thank you to the Enforcers, for keeping an army four times strong enough to siege Helm's Deep in order, thank you to the invisible employees of Arcadia whom we never get to see but never tire of keeping the machine running, to Gabe and to Tycho for giving us this common bond and to Robert Khoo- for enabling us to meet in one place and share that.

Thanks to you all for the best weekend I've ever spent without any of my closest family and friends.
    Thanks to you all for the only weekend I've spent with [EDIT 60, 000] of my brothers and sisters.

Thank you.

Sigma2 on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    I think attendance was closer to 60,000 this year
    :D

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ~58,500

And Sigma2, we love you. Come back next year! It's pretty much the best thing ever.

Officer on
  • CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sigma2 wrote: »
    PAX '08- a brief review.
    Thank you.
    <snip>
    Thank you to the Enforcers, for keeping an army four times strong enough to siege Helm's Deep in order, thank you to the invisible employees of Arcadia whom we never get to see but never tire of keeping the machine running, to Gabe and to Tycho for giving us this common bond and to Robert Khoo- for enabling us to meet in one place and share that.

Thanks to you all for the best weekend I've ever spent without any of my closest family and friends.
    Thanks to you all for the only weekend I'm spent with 45 000 of my brothers and sisters.

Thank you.

I snipped most of the post but its two posts up, I just wanna say thanks for pretty much summing up my feelings about PAX. I missed the concerts, a lot of swag, most of expo hall's hands on and other stuff, but screw it, I had one of the most amazing weekends of my life there.

I'd also like to say thanks to the awesome community people who put in a tonne of hard work and their own time and money putting together kick ass community events, most importantly to me, Electric Turtle and Astayonix for the Pre-PAX dinner, RedHalo for the Button Exchange (plus all of the buttoneers who helped destroy my neck to adorn the button scarf of doom) and LordThanda for the button case organising, Moe for the CCST on which I had a great time (even though it was 2 hours worth, but the smell in Moe's jeep will stay with me forever), the orgniser of the Assassins game, which I didn't get to play much but had fun being assassinated (damn sneaky bastards).

Especially thanks to the enforcers and friends who took me in and showed me a brilliant time while I was there. I will see you all next year. Unless anyone wants to come to Australia, in which case I have a room here that is free to my PAX brothers n sisters!

CuZZa on
  • yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sigma2 wrote: »
    PAX '08- a brief review.
    Thank you.

Indeed, you summed up why I've been coming to PAX for the past 3 years in so many words that I would have never typed out myself, lol. Come say hi next year. I'll the tall, goofy looking dude in the elf hat harassing BigRed outside BYOC.

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    It's what keeps me coming back, and my cousin felt it too. I tried to explain it to him before we left, but the full impact of it doesn't really convey well unless you experience it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• NijhazerNijhazer Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    CuZZa wrote: »
    I'd also like to ass thanks

Ass would I.

Nijhazer on
  • CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nijhazer wrote: »

Ass would I.

*facepalms* Yeah I've totally recovered from my flight back to Australia. Seriously. I have no idea how I could typo 'say' into 'ass'

CuZZa on
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    CuZZa, you're adorable and I can ass-ert that you're ass-ked to come back by ass here in the states.

Officer on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nijhazer wrote: »

Ass would I.

*facepalms* Yeah I've totally recovered from my flight back to Australia. Seriously. I have no idea how I could typo 'say' into 'ass'

I think you meant add?

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.