Options

Prison Break: The Breakening

2»

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    Soooooooooo anyone else watching season 4?

So far my only major "wtf" moment was:

( major spoilers from episode 11 of S4: )
    when Sucre is on the horizontal ladder, and almost drops the nitrous container, that makes a SHIT LOAD of noise... they're all tense about it hitting the floor, but why didn't the microphones pick up that sound?

Organichu on
  • Options
    EddieDeanEddieDean Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    No idea. Though that episode was great.

The episodes which were just all 'hey let's get another piece of the Scylla key!' were pretty poor, but I think the season's sped up a little now.

The show's OK, definitely steadily downhill after season one, and with no integrity or drama any more, but it's still enjoyable.

I think ideally though, the show should have either ended at season one, or had season one followed by a second season which was half season two (ie. fugitives being hunted by Kellerman and Mahone) and half season four (breaking into and taking down the company).

I mean, what was season three for, anyway? Looking back at it now, it seems that none of the plotlines there work. The Company lined Michael up to be in prison in Sona so that he could break out Whistler, who has a book they want because it'll let them break into their own building? What?

EddieDean on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    I thought S1 was one of the best seasons of television ever, of any genre. S4 was (is, so far) a solid and enjoyable season, my favorite next to S1. S3 was 'okay', about average, and though I'll probably pick it up one day for my collection, I'm probably giving it more credit than its due just because it's Prison Break, and S2 was just garbage.

Organichu on
  • Options
    AlpineAlpine Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, tonight is the fall finale and apparently we find out that
    Michael's mom is still alive, which was hinted at two episodes ago.

I'm still hooked on this show, as ridiculous as it's gotten.

Alpine on
  • Options
    WetsunWetsun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I continue watching it because I have watched so much of it already, and I don't want that to be wasted.

It is a pretty terrible show and I hope it ends before I lose my resolve.

Wetsun on
    XBL/Steam: Wetsun
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I don't mind it, and the only reason I'm still watching is because I've committed so much to it already. I am really hoping they wrap it up this season, though. It has gone on way too long. Jumped the shark early in season 2 and hasn't ever recovered. Season 4 has been better, but it needs a good series finale and closure.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I was bored at work a few weeks ago and caught up on Season 4, after dropping out 3 or 4 episodes into Season 3. S4 is definitely better, but it's still pretty forgettable television.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Hurray. I won't have to watch it much longer.

Wetsun on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2009
    So I stopped watching this show after last season because it became retarded.

How did they explain away Sarah's head in the goddamned box?

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It was just a different head and it was dark and there was blood and they didn't really.

Wetsun on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2009
    Did they address the part where it makes no goddamned sense for the bad guys to send a fake head and then pretend the hostage is dead?

I mean, you send the same message as if you killed the person. You had to go to the trouble of actually killing a person, anyway.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I don't think they have addressed anything to do with bad guys making sense. The bad guys have actually just gotten worse.

[edit] I guess I'll spoiler this, but it really doesn't matter.
    The new good guy who sucked and is not menacing at all is now a new bad guy who sucks and is not menacing at all, but now they have to work together for the old bad guys so that...something about brain surgery.

Wetsun on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Did they address the part where it makes no goddamned sense for the bad guys to send a fake head and then pretend the hostage is dead?

I mean, you send the same message as if you killed the person. You had to go to the trouble of actually killing a person, anyway.

Well, Sarah ESCAPED so they had to do something to make it look like they still had her / were serious.

Oh, I don't care. I just ignored all of last season that I actually watched when I started to watch S4. Which was going ok early on but not feeling the current direction of things. But I guess I'll stick it out until the end now.

Tomanta on