As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wireless Networking Confusion

MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNARochester, MNRegistered User regular
edited September 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay, I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router running WPA-2 Personal encryption. My laptop, desktop, and 360 are both appropriately connected and are surfing the internet to my hearts content. However, I've ran into a few problems.

1. For some reason in this "Linksys Easylink Advisor" it shows the laptop, desktop, and 360 all correctly. However it also lists this "Unnamed Device" as a desktop as well. I went into the MAC Address Filter of my router settings and Enabled the option to only allow the computers I list on the network - which I listed my Laptop and Desktop (the 360 did not show up, but I'm assuming that's because it's connected via a wire, and not a wireless signal?) How the hell do I figure out what that Unnamed Device is - or how do I pull up a list of everyone on my network so I can kick off any freeloaders?

The MAC Address Filter does list the same MAC Address as the Linksys Easylink Advisor does for this 'Unnamed Device' - but it is listed as an Inactive PC.

2. How do I set up a home network so my laptop and desktop can see each other?

I am in the business of saving lives.
MegaMan001 on