Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    =)=) I'm really looking forward to doing it again next year! I think I have to find a way to make the Cookie Brigade box a bit more covert though. Some way to have it pass as just a normal box if need be, and then for the cookie brigade ads to unroll/reveal themselves when the coast is clear. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    astillac wrote: »
    He got me this:

P10472554.jpg

Sweet jesus now I want him.

I mean. Hetero-ly.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    VT is made of awesome! We only met on Thursday, but immediately after wards I felt like we were best friends! The person who married VT must be the coolest female on earth. I can see no wrong with her being at PAX next year.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    =)=) I'm really looking forward to doing it again next year! I think I have to find a way to make the Cookie Brigade box a bit more covert though. Some way to have it pass as just a normal box if need be, and then for the cookie brigade ads to unroll/reveal themselves when the coast is clear. =)

Cookie shooters!

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    We definitely had a blast eye-shuh! What a great time! =)

And indeed, if I may be so bold as to say so, Calli is made of WIN! =) (smooches!) We'll all have a great time at the next PAX! =)

EDIT: And also, Cookie shooters = awesome =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    astillacastillac Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    @nemaihne: Ooh, do you play WoW too? :twisted:

@Haikufrenzy: Hey, Order of the Stick guy! I heard about you! And from you, I guess, in the form of checking voice mails. :winky: Thanks for taking that game; may you have many 48-hour long sessions with many of your very understanding buddies.

@apotheos: I know, right? Sooo awesome. I just have to get it signed. Then it will be perfect.

astillac on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hi, Astillac, I was so sad you also couldn't make it - I think VT is wonderful - I thought that before I met him, and meeting him and spending time with him last week just confirmed it - he is a beautiful person, and so lovely to be around. Thank you for letting him come, I hope to see you both in Boston in 2010 - don't think I can make it next year.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    well, astillac, i can honestly say that your husband was a surprising delight to meet in RL, probably the most smiling dude at pax! congratulations on the anniversary, wish i could say i took some part in that!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    OH! And I should note, a bum wanted your button! He actually demanded that I give it to him (he pointed out yours specifically), and I told him "no way!" I'll give a bum money if they need it, but no way am I giving away your button! =)

hahahahaha...that is pure awesome.

Aye, it was a little bit of a "whoa, what are you planning on DOING if I don't give you this button" moment for a second, until I realized I had like 10 people around me who'd get him off of me if he tried anything. He was like "Hey, hey! Give me that button!" and he walked right up to me and pointed straight at your button. I was like "Man, that's the only one I've got!" and he stood there for a second and then walked away.

This was at Dick's. There were many shady characters at Dick's that night. =) lol

haha, i pulled into dick's on thursday at like 1030, after the dinner, and this bum came up to my car and started telling me him life story for over an hour, i couldn't get away! bums are often TOO friendly in seattle.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    @Haikufrenzy: Hey, Order of the Stick guy! I heard about you! And from you, I guess, in the form of checking voice mails. :winky: Thanks for taking that game; may you have many 48-hour long sessions with many of your very understanding buddies.

Yeah actually today me, some friends, and my brother all sat down and played it for a couple hours. It was a ton of fun and I think now a regular amongst my homies.

And don't worry, as far as I'm concerned. When both vthorn and I go to PAX, THE ORDER OF THE STICK SHALL AS WELL!

Actually you know what I was thinking. What if next year you, me, and your husband cosplayed as Order of the stick characters. If so I call Elan.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Options
    RyosenRyosen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Now all I have to do is meet Gaiman and have him sign it.
    I was lucky enough to meet Gaiman many years ago when he was touring for "Stardust". It was at a book signing at Barnes & Noble's in the World Trade Center, shortly before 9/11. Not only did he read a chapter from Stardust, but also parts of a draft from some story that he had been working on for a long time that he was finally finishing. It turned out to be "Coraline".

Afterward, I got to talk with him for a while. I've met a lot of famous people and he was easily one of the nicest celebrities I've ever met.

If you ever get the chance, go see him. You won't be disappointed.

Ryosen on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Yeah actually today me, some friends, and my brother all sat down and played it for a couple hours. It was a ton of fun and I think now a regular amongst my homies.

And don't worry, as far as I'm concerned. When both vthorn and I go to PAX, THE ORDER OF THE STICK SHALL AS WELL!

Actually you know what I was thinking. What if next year you, me, and your husband cosplayed as Order of the stick characters. If so I call Elan.

Oooh, you tempt me!

I'd need to think about who I'd be... part of me would want to be Vaarsuvius (I'm convinced V's a man, yes =) ), but I'm almost wondering if a more obscure character would be funny. If it was at all physically possible, it would be hilarious to cosplay as the Monster in the Dark! =) I guess that's not terribly feasible though. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hi, Astillac, I was so sad you also couldn't make it - I think VT is wonderful - I thought that before I met him, and meeting him and spending time with him last week just confirmed it - he is a beautiful person, and so lovely to be around. Thank you for letting him come, I hope to see you both in Boston in 2010 - don't think I can make it next year.

Aw =( =( PAX won't be the same without our Mum! =(

DEFINITELY in 2010 though! I'll be living less than an hour and a half away from Boston, so I'll be there by hook or by crook, and we'll see you there! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Oooh, you tempt me!

I'd need to think about who I'd be... part of me would want to be Vaarsuvius (I'm convinced V's a man, yes =) ), but I'm almost wondering if a more obscure character would be funny. If it was at all physically possible, it would be hilarious to cosplay as the Monster in the Dark! =) I guess that's not terribly feasible though. =)

Umbrella with a black see-through curtain attached to it. And two yellow eyes.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh! Creative! Yeah, that would work!

Hmm... it'd be hard to sell cookies in that kind of getup though... but it is a good idea! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Aw =( =( PAX won't be the same without our Mum! =(

DEFINITELY in 2010 though! I'll be living less than an hour and a half away from Boston, so I'll be there by hook or by crook, and we'll see you there! =)

Actually funny you should say that, since I have a friend in NYC who is seriously considering flying me out to NYC with him so we could both go to East Coast PAX. I remember when he told me that I was like "Dude, you do realize your going out of your way for ME right?" He's pretty set about it though.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    VT was awesome!!!

he interviewd me twice! It was so much fun standing in line with him!!

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh yeah! Hi! I remember you from the videos! You had such great things to say about the Child's Play, after I missed giving you cookies on the first day I was glad to run into you on day 2!

Hope that PAX went well for you! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    PAX was excellent for me!!!

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I didn't meet him while I was there, but I felt him. It was as though a thousand shimmering stars fell in a circle around Seattle and opened a gateway to heaven.

That didn't really happen.

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    lol Stalefish =)

Aye, how did we miss each other? =( =( D'oh! =( Maybe we can meet up next year! I'm hoping so. =(

VThornheart on
  • Options
    astillacastillac Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I'm thinking next year we fit him with some sort of radar emitting tag.

astillac on
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey, thank YOU Astillac, for lending us VT for a weekend! He was a blast to be around, and made everything that much more fun to be around. PAX would have been a lesser convention without VT in attendance!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I loved hanging out with you Snickers! Man, it was a blast! I'm already looking forward to '09 (and 2010: Boston, when I get to tour you around MY city ;) Woo hooooo! =) )

VThornheart on
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I loved hanging out with you Snickers! Man, it was a blast! I'm already looking forward to '09 (and 2010: Boston, when I get to tour you around MY city ;) Woo hooooo! =) )

Though I've lived in Portland for the last 10+ years, I grew up in Boston. What part are you moving to?

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh, I'm actually moving to New Hampshire (in the Portsmouth/Dover/Durham area), but Boston's the closest big city. =) I used to live in NH for many years before I moved to California, so I spent a good amount of time in Boston... though admittedly it's been like 6 or 7 years since I've been there for any period of time, so some things may have changed. =) I'll have a couple years to get re-acclimated. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Meeting VT at the breakfast was definately one of the highlights of PAX for me! He also sold me a delicious cookie! He was just full of positive energy. It was a joy to have him around!

MR.T on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    =) You're too good to me Mr. T! =) It was really good meeting you too! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh, I'm actually moving to New Hampshire (in the Portsmouth/Dover/Durham area), but Boston's the closest big city. =) I used to live in NH for many years before I moved to California, so I spent a good amount of time in Boston... though admittedly it's been like 6 or 7 years since I've been there for any period of time, so some things may have changed. =) I'll have a couple years to get re-acclimated. =)

I spent a lot of time in NH as a youth. Last time I spent any significant time there was while working at Teradyne in Nashua, commuting up RT 3 from Boston every day during the summer of 1993 (or so).

I love NH. So beautiful. Are you glad to be going back? Is it for love of state, job, family, other?

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Cool, a fellow New Hampshirite! =)=) Well, I'm heading over there for a variety of reasons, and I'm completely psyched to be going back! =) (A little bit nervous, but excited!)

I love the environment and people of New Hampshire. They're generally friendly and cordial, and the seasons are all beautiful.

Second, my old friends from High School finally succeeded in creating the Game Development company that we'd always wanted to create... and they're over there right now working in their spare time (they all have day jobs because no money's coming in yet =) ), and I want to be there doing what we'd always talked about doing. =)

Lastly, my current job is on the rocks, big time... so I'm taking this opportunity to locate myself where I want to live, before the act of my company collapsing forces me to find a new job. If I stick around in Sacramento when that happens, I'll be forced to find a new job here in Sacramento... which means I'll be stuck in this hot, polluted pit that I hate. =( If I'm in New Hampshire, at least I'll be in an area I like to be when I'm forced to find a new job. =)

That's the current situation in a nutshell. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    lol Stalefish =)

Aye, how did we miss each other? =( =( D'oh! =( Maybe we can meet up next year! I'm hoping so. =(

How is that? I saw you like every other hour of every day and Dstalelfish was my room mate. Obviously you weren't drinking enough with us, VT.

So, does VT stand for Victoria Terpichore? Cowboy Bebop reference.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    By the way, I'm not 100 percent on it, but if I do have to take a hotel room would you and the misses like in?

The Haiku Cabana is a warm and inviting place you know.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    redhalo wrote: »
    lol Stalefish =)

How is that? I saw you like every other hour of every day and Dstalelfish was my room mate. Obviously you weren't drinking enough with us, VT.

So, does VT stand for Victoria Terpichore? Cowboy Bebop reference.

(Begrudgingly hands Redhalo the giant wad of cash he's been carrying around, waiting for someone to figure out his name) ;) (p.s. - Woot Bebop! =)=) lol! =) I loved that episode. )

Also, I don't know how I didn't run into Stalefish... I'm not sure. =( I admit that I missed all of the afterparty goodness. Admittedly, I didn't even know if they were happening this year or not. Tried to find out, but I think I started asking around too late. =(

VThornheart on
This discussion has been closed.