As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MISC]Get Together of Seattle PAX Go-ers?

• MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm in too! I have a moderately sized apartment, I could fit about 10-15 people comfortably (and many more if you like sitting on linoleum..

Or, I could become evil to access a supervillain lair (but not evil enough that I won't bring booze!)

MetaverseNomad on
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have like an 800 square foot apt. on Cap. Hill, which... is not so helpful but I -could- theoretically host. Keep in mind I only have one tv, that isn't a super sexy flat screen widescreen anything, a GameCube, .. and no couch. Yay for not having very much furniture! I do have a kitchen table and like six chairs, some reasonably big floofy-ish cushions, etc. But.. cap hill is, well, pretty central in Seattle also.

MeeOk on
  • EarleyEarley juicyjones Seattle WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm on capitol hill too. Totally down for an get-together.

Earley on
  • GameRabbitGameRabbit Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'd be up for some Seattle PAX-er socializing. Maybe a meetup style event? There are a few cafes in the city that would accommodate moderately-sized groups (though sans consoles or TVs, and then what's the point?)

Also, I have a 1600sqft condo in N. Seattle that is decently loaded, technologically (plasma tv, wifi, a few consoles), though our neighbors are elderly and I would have to slowly murder anyone who scratched my new walnut floors :twisted:

Oh yeah, and +1 to the M:TG comment. I haven't played in years but would love to get back into it.

GameRabbit on
  • stabn_stabn_ Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yah some casual M:TG meetup would be cool as well. I haven't played in years either and have thought about getting back into it but don't know anyone that plays.

stabn_ on
    Slytherin Headboy: Order of the Phoenix!
  • specspec Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BigRed wrote: »
    booze, food, rockband, internet.
    (I can bring at least 3 of the above)

I can bring food. Anyone who had my crab dip last year can attest to that. :P

spec on
  • CybitCybit Merch Underling RedmondRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I would stay out of Seattle if possible due to parking issues. It's never easy trying to get more then a few cars parked in one area in Seattle. :-p If you have easy free parking though, then by all means, host. :D

I can bring booze, food, or rock band for the 360. :)

Cybit on
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    With enough interest in M:TG, I may start a separate thread about that. I know some other forumers who would be interested (and/or want to learn).

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Cybit wrote: »
    I would stay out of Seattle if possible due to parking issues. It's never easy trying to get more then a few cars parked in one area in Seattle. :-p If you have easy free parking though, then by all means, host. :D

I can bring booze, food, or rock band for the 360. :)

Well im refering to large places like a large condo or house, normally which are in areas like north seattle where parking is plentiful and free....

Or on the eastside somewhere.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited September 2008
    I don't have a car, thus no parking snafu's for me to worry about. I could always bring my GameCube to a place if somebody hosts too. I've got Super Smash Bro's, Soul Caliber 2, and a Mario Party game, as far as multi-play goes.

I used to play M:tG years ago. I don't want to get into it again, persay, but I'd play if somebody refreshed my memory on the rules. Annnnd.. screw it, I am not that worried about people going ZOMG phone number. It's the easiest way to get in touch with me anyway. 206-734-8318. Shh, don't tell.

MeeOk on
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    whatever you guys do don't get a ride from eye-shuh......

Take the damn bus, just don't die..... I mean ride with her

Maybe someone should, she does need direction, who do we not like?

LET'S INVITE JACK THOMPSON!!
    Yeah he can ride with her

s7arbuck on
  • trickycooljtrickycoolj Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    s7arbuck wrote: »

Hey!! I can vouch for eye-shuh's driving. She's great...

So long as you're on a straight away, you're going somewhere she knows (limited to her parents house, my house, TomTom's house, her own house (though not lately), TomTom is giving directions, and going nowhere near downtown or parellel parking... you're fine.

She's driven my sleeping/drunk ass home dozens of times. I'm still here.

trickycoolj on
  • AtomicFreakAtomicFreak Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

So you're saying you were not awake or in a sober state of mind, and therefore unable to truly vouch for her driving?

AtomicFreak on
    TheAtomicFreak.gif
    theatomicfreak.png
    edited September 2008
    that kinda just sounded like "she great, except when she drives"

Yeah it wasn't terrible
    And yes I did lead her into a 1 way....
    But the poor man walking across the street and there was more things that I just can't of at the time but I will

s7arbuck on
  • trickycooljtrickycoolj Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

So you're saying you were not awake or in a sober state of mind, and therefore unable to truly vouch for her driving?

I totally vouch for Eye-shuh's driving, she just doesn't give herself enough credit! She drives ol' Brucey through tons of snow to visit her mom and does just great. As long as you give her good directions and don't suck at giving them, she'll take ya anywhere! Especially if that entails middle of the night adventures, or getting a ride home from PAX at 3am. :)

trickycoolj on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You guys should PM Druhim about this. He's down. I was talking to him about post-PAX get togethers and he said "I am so down".

He'll probably want to trade pokemon, I'm just giving you the heads up.

NotASenator on
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I met eye-shuh at the pre-pax dinner (rode with her from Westlake to the dinner). She almost took us on a one-way road going the wrong way.

BTW, if you read this, I still owe you some cash for the late night Dicks purchase.

*Awaits the Dicks jokes*

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • chaotic_robotchaotic_robot Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So then, just about everybody has chimed in about getting together, but we all seem to have taken a rather passive-aggresive stance. Why don't we work towards planning something this weekend? I am coming from Marysville, depending on the destination I can pick up 3 others if need be. I am still somewhat new to the area, so others will have to plan the destination. Email me with ideas, suggestions, comments: chaotic.robotATgmailDOTcom. I don't know how you all feel about the outdoors, but hiking and camping would also be cool.

chaotic_robot on
  • KrnDoxyKrnDoxy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This weekend is a little early for me, but I could do something next week or any other time. I'm all up for a PAX get-together.

KrnDoxy on
    A lust for conquest and absolute power, and the desire to have a really big… gun.
    -Shelley, Xenosaga Episode I
    edited September 2008
    I've actually got a friends party to go to this Saturday already, so I would be out for that day.

AtomicFreak on
    TheAtomicFreak.gif
    theatomicfreak.png
    edited September 2008
    I could get together this weekend, I have Friday and Saturday off. I was going to hang out with Cybit on Friday, but if it's a PAX get together, obviously we'll hang out there, and Saturday, the friend I was going to hang out with would like hanging out with geeks too.

MeeOk on
  • GameRabbitGameRabbit Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So then, just about everybody has chimed in about getting together, but we all seem to have taken a rather passive-aggresive stance. Why don't we work towards planning something this weekend? I am coming from Marysville, depending on the destination I can pick up 3 others if need be. I am still somewhat new to the area, so others will have to plan the destination. Email me with ideas, suggestions, comments: chaotic.robotATgmailDOTcom. I don't know how you all feel about the outdoors, but hiking and camping would also be cool.

Outd-d-d-d-ooooors? Do they have plasma TVs out there?

GameRabbit on
  • KrnDoxyKrnDoxy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    GameRabbit wrote: »

LAWL! You are made of awesome.

I've actually never been camping, but I've always wanted to go. I love nature walks too.

KrnDoxy on
    A lust for conquest and absolute power, and the desire to have a really big… gun.
    -Shelley, Xenosaga Episode I
    edited September 2008
    But... hanging out without technology arounds? What about the games? And the indoor plumbing? And.. I have no gear..

MeeOk on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We need a poll, or two.

Schrodinger on
    edited September 2008
    Ah! I know one event I will definitely be at, maybe some of you Seattle-esque people can go to. September 9th, at the Showbox. Sonata Arctica is opening, the headliner is Nightwish! I'm going! yay! I hope some of you people go too

MeeOk on
    edited September 2008
    MeeOk wrote: »
    Ah! I know one event I will definitely be at, maybe some of you Seattle-esque people can go to. September 9th, at the Showbox. Sonata Arctica is opening, the headliner is Nightwish! I'm going! yay! I hope some of you people go too

I'd have to check out the new album first...loved everything before Once, thought that album was meh, and haven't heard the girl who took over for Tarja yet.

AtomicFreak on
    TheAtomicFreak.gif
    theatomicfreak.png
    edited September 2008

I'd have to check out the new album first...loved everything before Once, though that album was meh, and haven't heard the girl who took over for Tarja yet.

They aren't bad. Slightly different feel, but I like it. I listen to everything, though. :)

MeeOk on
    edited September 2008
    But... hanging out without technology arounds? What about the games? And the indoor plumbing? And.. I have no gear..

That is what generators and Lithium/Polymer batteries are for. Then again, taking a break from the giant RF ocean is good for the soul.

chaotic_robot on
    edited September 2008
    Cant do this weekend, im still healing/recovering/resting from pax. Might be able to hit up lunch or dinner with people, depends where everyone goes.

BigRed on
    edited September 2008
    KrnDoxy wrote: »
    GameRabbit wrote: »

LAWL! You are made of awesome.

I've actually never been camping, but I've always wanted to go. I love nature walks too.

There are some really picturesque trails out towards Mount Pilchuck (out past Granite Falls). You really don't need gear other than comfortable shoes/boots and a will to manually ascend a real mountain.

chaotic_robot on
    edited September 2008
    I am open Saturday any time past 530....

On a side note I am almost always down for movies (at landmark theatres)

s7arbuck on
    edited September 2008
    I forget who it was, but as a couple guys were leaving BYOC at the end of PAX they sugguested we do a PAX Lan party sometime. I told them I had all the hardware nessessary for a LAN (power distro, switches, etc). I forgot who the hell they were.
    But that would be an awesome idea.

whoever sugguested that to me should shoot me a PM.

BigRed on
  • Dionysos911Dionysos911 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I would be down for something along these lines. I could possibly host sometime as well. I got a decent sized apt in Ballard so there is parking and easy bus route.

Dionysos911 on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BigRed: I'm so in. I will find a way.

Houn on
    edited September 2008
    I would say, does anybody want to get together for lunch or dinner on Friday or Saturday, but I'm flat broke. I need to go beat on some people like they owe me money, because, well, they owe me money. And aren't paying me back. And I have no money for anything, and I didn't even buy -anything- at PAX. Boo!

MeeOk on
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If we go for dinner, avoid the weekend.

Schrodinger on
    edited September 2008
    Well my schedule varies widely because of being in retail. I just happen to have Friday/Saturday off. I think the week after I have Tuesday/Wednesday. That's because of a concert though.

MeeOk on
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

The only thing I have to say to you: ONE WAY STREET.

Suck on that iPhone boy.

eye-shuh on
    edited September 2008
    Pfft, I'll ride with you Eye-shuh. I just went on a ride on a motorcycle on Monday, up to Snoqualmie Pass, at 100 MPH most of the time. Top speed was at.. 135? I think?

MeeOk on
This discussion has been closed.