As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MISC]Get Together of Seattle PAX Go-ers?

• eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sadly, I think I'm going to have to bow out of George and Dragon tonight. I'm coming down with something and I need to get some rest in hopes that it will go away.

I <3 you anyway Liger!

eye-shuh on
  • The DIMDThe DIMD Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Unfortunately, due to me being unable to remember that tickets to a concert I bought were for Friday, not Saturday, I will be unable to go tomorrow to the EMP. Le sigh...

Next weekend I will be at the taphouse fo sho though :)

The DIMD on
    <+ACC3SS> 4chan doesn't make me cringe as much as you do, The_DIMD.
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Darn yous guys! Dont do this to meh! Don't let the plans fall apart!

Eye-Shuh: Will you at least be at the thing on Friday?

DIMD: Will you at least be at the thing tonight?

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
    edited May 2009
    Snickers wrote: »

Sadly I can't tonight dude. I promise this will be the only time I crap out like this. I'm normally better at remembering dates, but I guess i'm just getting old. I'll make sure to write all dates for concerts and obligations down from this point on. This is honestly only like the second time this has ever happened :lol:.

I am up for anything next weekend as I KNOW I'm not doing anything lol. Saturday is the taphouse, but Friday nuffin.

The DIMD on
    edited May 2009
    The DIMD wrote: »

Sadly I can't tonight dude. I promise this will be the only time I crap out like this. I'm normally better at remembering dates, but I guess i'm just getting old. I'll make sure to write all dates for concerts and obligations down from this point on. This is honestly only like the second time this has ever happened :lol:.

I am up for anything next weekend as I KNOW I'm not doing anything lol. Saturday is the taphouse, but Friday nuffin.

Hmm... I suppose I can let you off the hook this once... :P

Snickers on
    edited May 2009
    I badly want to go to EMP on Friday. I'll have to see if the sickness goes away.

My boss got upset with me for coming to work today. :\

It's just a bad cough though! If it doesn't turn into a fever or anything, I'll be there! *crosses fingers and drinks lots of liquids*

eye-shuh on
  • ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    I badly want to go to EMP on Friday. I'll have to see if the sickness goes away.

It's just a bad cough though! If it doesn't turn into a fever or anything, I'll be there! *crosses fingers and drinks lots of liquids*

Hon, you said that before coming to my Indiana jones marathon last year... and then I got sick after that.

ashridah on
    edited May 2009

I love you long time.

As Jesus once said, "Blood=Lube."

The DIMD on
    edited May 2009

I love you long time.

XD Well, as long as you yell surprise... :P

Snickers on
    edited May 2009

I love you long time.

XD Well, as long as you yell surprise... :P

Well played sir... well played.

The DIMD on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    aaaaaagh I missed Liger's birthday boozing! Gorramit!!! Liger I'll buy you a fruity fancy drink the next time we're at a liquor-related establishment. :D

Also, what's going on tonight? A friend of mine is playing (well, his entire band is playing actually!) at the Merchant's Cafe in Pioneer square tonight, anyone want to join me?

... also about halfway through that sentence I remembered what is going on tonight and doubt anyone wants to drop a Gears party to go to a sketchy Pioneer Square place. Even though Gears sucks (in my opinion IN MY OPINION!!!!!! IMO IMO) and the Merchant's Cafe is .. historic or something.

MetaverseNomad on
    edited May 2009
    Also, for those not going to the LAN tomorrow night, Richard Cheese is doing his last tour ever and is passing through Seattle Saturday.

Otherwise, see ya all next weekend!

(or maybe the cheese thing :) )

The DIMD on
    edited May 2009
    aaaaaagh I missed Liger's birthday boozing! Gorramit!!! Liger I'll buy you a fruity fancy drink the next time we're at a liquor-related establishment. :D

Also, what's going on tonight? A friend of mine is playing (well, his entire band is playing actually!) at the Merchant's Cafe in Pioneer square tonight, anyone want to join me?

... also about halfway through that sentence I remembered what is going on tonight and doubt anyone wants to drop a Gears party to go to a sketchy Pioneer Square place. Even though Gears sucks (in my opinion IN MY OPINION!!!!!! IMO IMO) and the Merchant's Cafe is .. historic or something.

That depends, what time is said music thing?

Snickers on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So, the Gears thing is at 8pm, but only open to the first 800 people. Man, I want to go, but I won't even get home until 6pm; I really doubt I can eat dinner and put the kids to bed, then make it back downtown in time to beat the cutoff.

Meh. :P

Houn on
  • TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If no one's attending the Gears party, then I could join Meta at Merchant's. I'm down for either.

MetaverseNomad: How much, and when?

Twinkie on
    edited May 2009
    My friend's band is on at 9:30, so I was hoping to get there a little earlier than that. Apparently the cover is $2. That's what my friend says, but I can't absolutely confirm that, since Merchant's Cafe has a damn useless myspace page as a website. ugh!!!

The Merchant's Cafe is really nice though!
    And, it's Seattle's oldest bar/restaurant. Apparently it also used to be a brothel, but I'm not sure if that's true. It's definitely a frat-boy brothel on Mardi Gras! hoHO!

MetaverseNomad on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    EDIT:

OKAY HAD TO CHANGE THE DATE TO THE 23RD FOR THE BEER SNOB RUN TO TAPHOUSE

Still PM me for reservation.
    Limiting the size of this due to the venue, if we can get 20 peeps that say they want to go, I can probably secure us a private dining area.

LIST OF ATTENDEES 14/14:
    Me
    JAIDEN
    Ashridah
    Nomad
    EruditeAphrodite
    EruditeAphrodite's +1
    The DIMD
    Oz K. Fodrotski
    Oz K. Fodrotski's +1
    LabRat
    Spoony
    j0z1e
    Shyguy

Still one spot left.... keep in mind this is being done via reservation so you wont be able to just show up and expect to sit with us :P

Called and changed it to a reservation of 14 so... THREE SPOTS LEFT
    Edit:

BACK TO ONE SPOT LEFT

EDIT NUMBER TWO:

NO SPOTS LEFT
    SNICKERS SNIPED THE LAST ONE

Time/date:
    Satruday the 23rd, 7pm
    at the downtown taphouse

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited May 2009
    ashridah wrote: »

Hon, you said that before coming to my Indiana jones marathon last year... and then I got sick after that.

Sorry!!

I tend to be in denial about how sick I am. I dislike medicines and doctors and that whole business.

However, I AM going to have to say no for tonight. I think I'll be spending the weekend bored as hell and coughing up my lungs.

eye-shuh on
    edited May 2009
    EDIT:

[...]

EDIT NUMBER TWO:

NO SPOTS LEFT

Time/date:
    Satruday the 23rd, 7pm
    at the downtown taphouse

Awwww. See, I thought this was all for the LAN party. Oh well. I have no penchant for beer.

Twinkie on
  • PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So, Dick's tonight is at 6pm, right? And I'd be willing to go to Pioneer Square over the Gears thing anyway, if others are also going.

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Twinkie wrote: »
    Awwww. See, I thought this was all for the LAN party. Oh well. I have no penchant for beer.

You just haven't found the right beer yet...

Azazel on
    edited May 2009
    Twinkie wrote: »
    EDIT:

[...]

EDIT NUMBER TWO:

NO SPOTS LEFT

Time/date:
    Satruday the 23rd, 7pm
    at the downtown taphouse

LAN is this weekend, beer is next weekend :P

BigRed on
    edited May 2009
    Sorry guys, I failed at remembering what time Dick's was, and then traffic made me fail even more -_- Hope you guys have some fun.

Snickers on
    edited May 2009
    Sorry guys, I failed at remembering what time Dick's was, and then traffic made me fail even more -_- Hope you guys have some fun.

It ended up being just me, Ty, ShyGuy, and Jozie. Jozie and Shy went to Costco and I had to bus home, but as far as I know Ty is playing GoW2 right now.

Pinder on
    edited May 2009

LOL... my friends and I ended up going to Dick's, but I didn't see anyone there besides the Taylor Swift crowd... which regretfully included one of my friends who we randomly met there... wow. I thought he got dragged there by his girlfriend... but nope. Went by himself. Fucking creepy.

Anyways, next weekend is gonna be awesome. Looking forward to throwing back some beers and making some merry.

The DIMD on
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    ashridah wrote: »

Sorry!!

I tend to be in denial about how sick I am. I dislike medicines and doctors and that whole business.

However, I AM going to have to say no for tonight. I think I'll be spending the weekend bored as hell and coughing up my lungs.

When I was sick as a dog last week and finally went to the doctor, he said to remember that for most stuff you're contagious for the first 72 hours - which is why CoWorker #1 got CoWorker #2 sick, and she finally got ME sick. It wasn't even the flu - just some random viruses. I'm still getting over the sinus infection and ragged cough. :cry:

Moral of the story: Stay home from work when you're sick. Especially if you share workstations, touch money, or work with the public.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
    edited May 2009
    I have that same thing :( Ive had it since last weekend. I think im just now getting over it

BigRed on
  • ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    mm, that's been doing the rounds in my department as well. i think i had it a few weeks ago, before i flew to australia (which is why i didn't seem to get sick when i was exposed last week by a co-worker)

ashridah on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I can't wait until I'm back in seattle and can actually pay attention to the going-ons in this thread.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • AburnFlagsAburnFlags Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I work a shitty dead end job, the up side, i get to host tournaments at the store as a promotional event. Wee. So i figured this a good way to get together with pax goers in Seattle and play. The soonest one is on may 23rd and is for Guitar hero 3 (x360) (playing hard mode, NOT expert) 5$ entry and cash prizes.

come play games, there's a bar right a crossed from the store and I'm not working the day the tourny is happening so if your 21 your also welcome to join me a crossed the street for a few drinks =)

So as to not piss off any admins I'm not going to post details but if your interested send me a tell and I'll give you address ect.

AburnFlags on
    edited May 2009
    For the 21+ crowd, there's Trivia Night at Finn MacCool's every Monday night at 9pm.

Pinder on
    edited May 2009
    The Blarney Stone also has a quiz night on Mondays hosted by Geeks Who Drink.

Twinkie on
  • AburnFlagsAburnFlags Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    But i suck at trivia and guitar hero =(

AburnFlags on
    edited May 2009
    AburnFlags wrote: »
    But i suck at trivia and guitar hero =(

Then just get drunk and sing Vera Lynn.

The DIMD on
    edited May 2009
    Since getting downtown isn't too much more of a hassle than getting to the U-District, I'm totally down for the Blarney Stone sometime.

Pinder on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I can't speak for The Blarney Stone, but Finn's trivia night is awesome. One of my friends first time seeing two girls kissing was on the stage during that trivia night. However it's always packed and we'd have to get there a good hour and a half early and we all know how that would turn out here.

There are a ton of bars hosting trivia nights, so we could pick any weekday and find a place to go. So I'll just say we go to The Blarney Stone on June 1st.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited May 2009
    ALRIGHT BITCHES

ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN

JUNE 20TH

BBQ/PICNIC @ GOLDEN GARDENS

BigRed on
    edited May 2009
    ALRIGHT BITCHES

JUNE 20TH

HELLS YEAH!

We need a new thread for summer stuff.

MetaverseNomad on
    edited May 2009
    ALRIGHT BITCHES

JUNE 20TH

HELLS YEAH!

Everyone else in irc agreed :D

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=10226879#post10226879

BigRed on
    edited May 2009
    ALRIGHT BITCHES

JUNE 20TH

HELLS YEAH!

Hey, Meta, I thought you were gonna host a more recent BBQ?!?!

Twinkie on
This discussion has been closed.