As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Whole Kit and Ka-Doodle

• Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    DeeLock wrote:
    Virum wrote:
    Any thoughts, by which I mean CC, would be lovely.

ok...first off, her eyes are too high up on her head, you need to keep eyes smack in the middle of the face and hers are just too high.
    Ok, it's too late to change that now but I'll keep it in mind for next time. I didn't realize eyes were in the middle, I thought they were a little bit above. :oops:

also, her hand is pretty wonkey, use your own hand as a reference, the finger nail of her index finger should be more to the right and her fingers in general are spaced weird and are completely inconsistent, make sure you draw what you see not what you know.

Not sure what you meant by the phrase "draw what you know." That doesn't make sense to me.
    another thing (sorry to be so anal), you have to look at life or some sort of model if you want to make a quality picture.
    :oops: ...I am using a picture reference.
    the shading is in need of some major clean up, its not bad, its just sloppy. clean it up, make it sharper and give it more contrast.

youre off to a great start, fix the little things and the rest willl fix itself.
    Thanks, I just wanted some pointers before I started darkening up the shading and adding contrast and such. Thanks a lot.

Virum on
  • Options
    GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    bleh, these lines have been destroyed by the interwebs

tee1f.jpg

Greatnation on
  • Options
    BelieveBelieve Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    They still look great, I think. :o

Believe on
  • Options
    drakkoniadrakkonia Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    From a loooong time ago, but again because I feel like posting something Halloweeny:

beast.jpg

drakkonia on
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    creatures.jpg

These things make no sense but I'm bored so meh.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    BOTP
    bleh, these lines have been destroyed by the interwebs

tee1f.jpg

yes, I totally dig this!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    AstoriteAstorite Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Hay whut?

dragonwip2.jpg

Astorite on
    Uh.
  • Options
    CriminalSavantCriminalSavant Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I recognized DJ's drawing of Palahniuk immediately, so grats on that, you nailed the likeness.

CriminalSavant on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Another update.

276756961_11555a7148.jpg

mattharvest on
  • Options
    Ape2001Ape2001 Otaku GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    This becomes more and more impressive Matt :)

Ape2001 on
    - SF42012 Gen replays and anime trailers http://www.youtube.com/user/derBene
    - great animation focused website http://www.catsuka.com
  • Options
    paulwindpaulwind Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    hezballer012copyMedium.jpghezballer011copyMedium.jpg

paulwind on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    NOOOOO! DAMN YOU, PAUL! I'm doing a picture of Mohammad playing basketball right now!! You suck. I hate you. :P :D :x

Tam on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    it's actually going to be for a t-shirt of a friend's flag football team once it's finished.

how do you feel about dieties and their believers playing hockey?

paulwind on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Antibodies wrote:
    NeoRed- That's brilliant, I've painted on quite a few of my shoes with graphitti style pieces and mantras and such- "Antigravity" in hopes of imbuing them with some power and for the fun of having actually interesting clothes because really girls get all the unique stuff.

What material of pants were you working with? Because I have some black velour/velvety type skate jeans I'd love to go nuts on, but dont know how well theyll deal with being painted on.

:D to everyone's liking towards my shoes.

Just blue jeans man. They're right [urlhttp://img496.imageshack.us/img496/4963/pantslarge1ig.jpg]here[/url]. I think you should be fine with your material. Just be sure to use a little water and not straight up paint. It wont get into the fabric very well and most likely just create this crusty layer over time. You might have to go over it a few times to make the color show strong. Take your time with it and good luck with that. Poast picshars afterwards.

Squee: I don't know Joni Mitchell that well, but it does look like her. Your dad should love it. Oh, and paint some shoes yo'.

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    freekfreek Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    quick! someone guess what movie i just watched!

taxidriver004.jpg

freek on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    Taxi Driver.

[spoiler:62ceb424e8]You should have watched Death Race 2000 instead.[/spoiler:62ceb424e8]

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    freekfreek Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    didn't have it.

sounds like a cross between mad max a rollerball. :| I hated rollerball.

freek on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    creatures.jpg

These things make no sense but I'm bored so meh.

I like the linework in this picture; The simplicity of it compliments the picture greatly.

Just felt like pointing that out.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    freek wrote:
    didn't have it.

sounds like a cross between mad max a rollerball. :| I hated rollerball.

Haven't seen Rollerball. But it's kind of like Mad Max, Carmaggedon and Running Man rolled into one.

That is to say, it is the greatest movie of all time.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    paulwind wrote:
    it's actually going to be for a t-shirt of a friend's flag football team once it's finished.

Heheh. That's great. There's a picture of Jesus playing hockey with a kid. Wait until you see my Mohammad...that is, after I finish the comic I'm supposed to draw for the school paper.

EDIT: The reason for my being upset, Paul, was that the sketch that I have so far of Mohammad playing basketball has "Hezballer" scrawled across the top. It made me chuckle. Imagine how I felt when I saw you'd already posted it.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Tam wrote:
    paulwind wrote:

Heheh. That's great. There's a picture of Jesus playing hockey with a kid. Wait until you see my Mohammad...that is, after I finish the comic I'm supposed to draw for the school paper.

EDIT: The reason for my being upset, Paul, was that the sketch that I have so far of Mohammad playing basketball has "Hezballer" scrawled across the top. It made me chuckle. Imagine how I felt when I saw you'd already posted it.

great minds etc. etc., man, great minds.

the team name is the hezballers.

paulwind on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Still working on this guy, adding the GI Joe-esque accessories.
    oldguy2.jpg

EDIT:

<Jon Stewart voice>

Moving on to other news-

<turns to camera 3>

You know, a few minutes ago I was flipping through the forums, as I am wont to do, and came across this thread in SE++ that revealed that in the "online forum community", the number one spot in almost everything is held by a site known as "Gaia". Now, it turns out that this site has an "art board" similar to our own here at the PA:AC- but as it turns out, it does not appear to be held to the same standards as we've come to hold here. For example, threads like "Pen Tablet Pressure HELP!!!!!", or "anime vs. magma."

Now, this got me to thinking, maybe that's alright for them to waste whole threads on pointless, repetative debate, but how would we here at PA:AC deal with such a topic? Not by throwing little anime avatars at each other, oh no- we cut to the quick.

So, I present to you, the final, definitive word: I present:

Anime Vs. Magma.

magma.jpg

Yes, in an, in retrospect, incredibly expected victory, Lord Magma, famed 3 billion year old tyrant of the molton core of the Earth, who lives by devouring the occasional sorceror (or ambitious mole-man), was the undisputed victor in a bout with Anime; in a match that ended with a shut-out of 437 punches to the head, to zero.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Ahahaha!!!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Bacon:
    the gun and the chest plate are really starting to look good. The leg-plates still look a little flat, though. The scarf is new, right? Looks nice.

paulwind on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    AOB is my hero.

DeeLock on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Astorite wrote:
    Hay whut?

dragonwip2.jpg

I like the clean linework. Or maybe it's just that I'm a sucker for wings and claws. Are you gonna color it?

drakkonia on
  • Options
    sharshenka2sharshenka2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    So everyone always says that lines are really important, but I can't figure out how to do mine correctly. When I use my tablet, they look really wavy and blotchy unless I zoom in way close, and then they look 'too carefully placed'.

I'm sure I'll stumble upon a solution eventually, but does anyone have any tips?

sharshenka2 on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    EntrYEntrY Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Astorite wrote:
    Hay whut?

dragonwip2.jpg

Aye, the linework is sweet to some extend, but the thinkness of the ones of the tail struck me as too fat. (also the ones on the outer side of the right (our left) arm.

The boobs look a little odd as well, but I quess that's due to the nonexisting shadows ;)

EntrY on
    beavotron wrote:
    hang on, i need to go put an adult diaper on before you continue explaining.

Flickr ... Myspace
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    So everyone always says that lines are really important, but I can't figure out how to do mine correctly. When I use my tablet, they look really wavy and blotchy unless I zoom in way close, and then they look 'too carefully placed'.

I'm sure I'll stumble upon a solution eventually, but does anyone have any tips?

Well, I'm not exactly sure what your problem is w/ the "too carefully place" comment, but here are some tips:
    1) If you are zoomed out such that too many pixels of the image are all on one pixel of the screen (e.g. if 10 image pixels are being displayed on 1 screen pixel) then it's hard for the program to figure out where you meant to be 'drawing'. This results in wiggliness.
    2) If your aren't applying consistent pressure (or have the pressure sensitivity set too high) and use a pressure-sensitive brush you'll get wavy blotchiness.
    3) You need to consider line variation, in general.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    lethaniellethaniel Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    A Character that I'm working on.

collectme.jpg

lethaniel on
  • Options
    ShwagShwag Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Well... I posted once i think.. then i lost my scanner, Now i have a scanner again, finally... and i also happen to have just got photoshop, and im learning photoshop, so i hope i get better, this one was rushed a bit

linkng5.jpg

I hope i get more doodles in, i drew that at school quickly coloured it before i go to work, ill probably fix think later.. crits welcome

Shwag on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    lecturadx9.jpg

Reading Club logooooooo! It reads Club de Lectura.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    Ape2001Ape2001 Otaku GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'd make the book look more like a book. And maybe align the beginning of "ectura" with the "club de". But at all it's k, I think ^^

Ape2001 on
    - SF42012 Gen replays and anime trailers http://www.youtube.com/user/derBene
    - great animation focused website http://www.catsuka.com
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Ape2001 wrote:
    I'd make the book look more like a book.

Originally it was all Sans Serif fonts so it was meant to look like an L (I'm still working on the fonts) I'm not quite sure as to what you mean on making it more bookish.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    blech
    dragon.jpg
    tiger.jpg

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Next stage

277706847_f8f288b094.jpg

mattharvest on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I <3 Iruka

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    That's really amazing, Iruka, and I don't know what it's doing in the doodle thread...

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited October 2006

I know what you mean - I suck at inking with a tablet. I just can't get a feel for it. The thing that works best for me is to ink on paper and then scan the lines in, then color from there.

Oh yeah, and a drawing. (Inked in pen, not tablet. 8) )

vampgirls.jpg

drakkonia on
  • Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    A few more abstract/color study stuff.
    abstract05.jpg

abstract06.jpg
    sketch_02.jpg
    sketch_03.jpg
    sketch_04.jpg
    Bad likeness in the last one, but you get the idea.

Sublimus on
This discussion has been closed.