As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Magnetic

1505152535456»

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I'll tell you when you're older.

Fine: Then how old are you, Bama?
    I'm 25.

And....you're telling me about being old why?

I'm 2 days shy of 29 and I still don't get hangovers from alcohol.
    When did I say I was old?

I didn't say you did. But if you're younger than me by four years, how would you know enough about being old to say my lack of hangovers will change?

Anyway, I think I don't get hangovers because I have a kidney disorder. I can't process Cistin, an acid or whatever found in fruit. Cistin is a known agent to reduce the effects of alcohol and I have an elevated level of it in my system most of the time. That will never change.

The disorder is called Cistinuria for the curious.

Nova_C on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Are there any downsides to giving myself this disorder intentionally?

electricitylikesme on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well there's no accounting for freaks.

Bama on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll tell you when you're older.

Fine: Then how old are you, Bama?
    I'm 25.

And....you're telling me about being old why?

I'm 2 days shy of 29 and I still don't get hangovers from alcohol.
    When did I say I was old?

I didn't say you did. But if you're younger than me by four years, how would you know enough about being old to say my lack of hangovers will change?

Anyway, I think I don't get hangovers because I have a kidney disorder. I can't process Cistin, an acid or whatever found in fruit. Cistin is a known agent to reduce the effects of alcohol and I have an elevated level of it in my system most of the time. That will never change.

The disorder is called Cistinuria for the curious.

Interesting. But what I find most interesting is the fact that you got a hangover from pot. I've never heard of that ever happening.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008

I'm probably going to have kidney stones throughout my 30s and 40s.

EDIT: Ryad, I know. Maybe I'm allergic or something. Anyway, I only smoked it the once and I was hurting for the entire next day.

EDIT2: ELM, my great-aunt who had a very extreme case of the disorder spent years in the hospital tied to a dialysis machine as well. Big downsides.

Nova_C on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Okay, time for Crush to retire from the sig for a while

Medopine on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    This isn't about me, this is about you.
    Don't change the subject, geezer.
    I'm surprised you can even remember what the subject is, gramps.

You're projecting. You're obviously sensitive about this. I'd like to see you twice a week for the next six months so we can get to the root of your aging issues.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Oh. Yeah if I ever get one of those I'll probably die of a massive infection when I try to extract it surgically myself.

electricitylikesme on
    edited September 2008

You're projecting. You're obviously sensitive about this. I'd like to see you twice a week for the next six months so we can get to the root of your aging issues.
    This is the worst pick-up line I've ever heard.

Bama on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am at Ohio University with such an incredible amount of alcohol.

But I haven't checked in on my babies in a while so i wanted to say hello. How are things?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008

what we doin' gettin' money
    what we doin' gettin' monay

Oboro on
    words
    edited September 2008

EDIT: Ryad, I know. Maybe I'm allergic or something. Anyway, I only smoked it the once and I was hurting for the entire next day.

EDIT2: ELM, my great-aunt who had a very extreme case of the disorder spent years in the hospital tied to a dialysis machine as well. Big downsides.

Allergies would make sense, i guess.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008

But I haven't checked in on my babies in a while so i wanted to say hello. How are things?
    you're a wank

Oboro on
    words
    edited September 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Okay, time for Crush to retire from the sig for a while

Your avatar is apparently shocked that she's gone.

Nova_C on
    edited September 2008
    Oboro wrote: »

you're a wank

I am not. I see the lungfish has retired?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008

you're a wank

It comes and goes.

Oboro on
    words
    edited September 2008

you're a wank

It comes and goes.

I guess every good lung fish deserves a rest. I am really really really bored my friends are packing stuff into their dorm and this is a strange new campus so I can't really go about and mingle with the freshmen.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    grrrr work :(

MikeMan on
    edited September 2008
    What's that game where you had to like. . .play Tetris to make zombie dudes that killed other zombie dudes?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    and this is a strange new campus so I can't really go about and mingle with the freshmen.
    yes you can

EDIT: also when you say things like this, it reaffirms my belief that you are a wank

Oboro on
    words
    edited September 2008
    and this is a strange new campus so I can't really go about and mingle with the freshmen.
    yes you can
    I mean you already said you had alcohol.

Bama on
    edited September 2008
    I'm insecure you jerks.

Plus they're all with their parents moving in and as much as I like lying I don't want to pretend to be a freshman and pretend to be from this campus. So instead i'd like to sit and play that zombie game. Whatever it's called.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Finding Forrester: See the film adaptation of the popular Internet catchphrase "you're the man now, dog."

Aldo on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm insecure you jerks.

Plus they're all with their parents moving in and as much as I like lying I don't want to pretend to be a freshman and pretend to be from this campus. So instead i'd like to sit and play that zombie game. Whatever it's called.

Don't pretend, "Hey I'm an older guy with alcohol looking to take advantage of your new younger daughter. Could you excuse us for a bit? Thanks."

DeShadowC on
    edited September 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    I'm insecure you jerks.

Don't pretend, "Hey I'm an older guy with alcohol looking to take advantage of your new younger daughter. Could you excuse us for a bit? Thanks."
    This is what the parents are hearing no matter what you say, so you might as well give the chick a chance to hear it too.

Bama on
    edited September 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    Finding Forrester: See the film adaptation of the popular Internet catchphrase "you're the man now, dog."

They made a movie about the internet?

=P

I hear that movie sucks, but I've never seen it. But I'm sure it's worth it to hear Sean Connery say "You're the man now dog!"

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    Go to my flickr and shower me with compliments for my mediocre pictures, FOOLS

I am going out to buy a BURRITO

Medopine on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2008

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited September 2008

Awww, kitties.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I feel the need to just say no out of spite.

DeShadowC on
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Chaaaaaaaaaaat!

Kilroy on
    edited September 2008
    zomg zomg zomg

Medopine on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    zomg zomg zomg

Your avatar matches this post nicely.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited September 2008
    zomg to the fourth power

Medopine on
    edited September 2008
    That was a hello, by the way.

The snipings shall come later.

Kilroy on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Green interior concrete structure: :^::^::^::^::^:

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2008
    god damn you

Medopine on
    edited September 2008
    Or not.

Kilroy on
    edited September 2008
    20030226h.gif

Tycho wrote:
    Gabe might tense up about his Apex game, but he's taken Gabir Motors to the top while my own Strata Systems operates out of a toxic dump.

He has spoken about it on several occasions here in the post - and indeed, on the lecture circuit, with a presentation entitled "Four Wheels And A Dream: Success The Gabriel Way" - so I needn't laud it anymore than he already has. I simply want to confirm what he has said with genuine enthusiasm. It was the first game I played once I had something set up to play it on.

The thing I have heard the most about Apex is actually the thing I've heard a lot of since November - Does it have Live support? Come to think of it, the answer is much the same, too - No. I'm already on record as thinking that Live is a Good Thing, and this statement isn't meant to change my official position or something. I just wonder if they knew when they put the service out there that it would engender dissatisfaction with regular old, run of the mill excellent games that didn't happen to be on the service.

Also, I find myself wondering what an online racer could be. Clearly, you drive around a track with other players and determine the winner. We've got to keep that. While welcome, we will see this iterated a hojillion times over with each racer's physics, controls, and signature cars. Auto Modellista, a Capcom racer we imported from the island nation of Japan, seemed to have a fairly complete online experience that we simply couldn't connect to. I want to know what happens next.

# Rally-style racing where your co-pilot (I'm sure there's a fancy, racy name for them) has a view out the windscreen and a picture of the map, and calls out the turns over the voice connection.

# Downloadable ghosts of the best online players.

# Racing as teams, with custom insignias.

# Apex has a sort of "Brand Management" game that underpins the racing - specifically, successful races equate to more sales of your cars, and these sales can be plowed into your business. It might be interesting to see how that played out in a multiplayer context.

PC racers I've never played have probably been doing some of this stuff for years, but for some reason I just never enjoyed any computer racing games outside of Ignition and Big Red. I know that there is a passel of console driving games coming out with online support, in fact, the sequels to many of the inaugural Xbox racing games should have it. I'm happy about that. You should see me, I'm over here all happy. I just want to know what else they're bringing along.

(CW)TB out.

you either step or get stepped upon

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.