As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moment of the Week 09-03-08

InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Graphic Violence
Well, besides the fact that books showed up today instead of tomorrow here in Canada(or at least at the store I go to)

Fables:
Prince Charming making the ultimate sacrifice taking out the final gate. And Bigby going toe-to-toe with the Emperor.

Secret Six:
Catman going nuts and taking people out.

Havn't finished reading everything yet, but I think Fables is the big one for the week.

Interpreter on

• Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Lucky.

:(

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I skimmed through Punisher: War Journal last week in my comic shops preview books and the ending to the Jigsaw story is my MotW.
    Please, Marvel, PLEASE keep Jigsaw dead for at least a few years. He's a bad guy who shouldn't have stayed alive this long in the first place. Of course, he'll probably turn up in the Hood issue of New Avengers.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    books are actually delivered on the same day as far as i can tell. i picked up my books yesterday.

my lcs guy goes and picks up his order on tuesday himself instead of waiting for the delivery and then pre sorts them for sale on wednesday. i can usually score my books from him on tuesday.

Angry on
  • Options
    The Ragin' CanadianThe Ragin' Canadian Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Books were delivered in Canada a day before they were in the States.

Don't blame us, blame Diamond.

... and why is Secret Invasion: Front Line so good? It only took them 3 times to get it right. It's just pure drama.

The Ragin' Canadian on
    " You can't say that, you're crazy!"

" No, I'm eccentric... only poor people are called crazy."
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    There's a new Secret Six, is there? How'd I miss that?

No regular books made my favorite, but I do have to thank Marvel for putting out that free Marvel Universe book that straightens out all the jumbled continuity for the past couple of years.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    There's a new Secret Six, is there? How'd I miss that?

Yup. Ongoing series written by Gail Simone. And, you havn't missed it yet as it just came out today.

Interpreter on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Can anyone spoil who the A-list Batman villain in Secret Six is? I'm going to buy it for sure this weekend but I'm kind of curious right now.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    I'm pretty sure from the future issue solicitations that it's
    Bane.

DMAC on
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Can anyone spoil who the A-list Batman villain in Secret Six is? I'm going to buy it for sure this weekend but I'm kind of curious right now.

It's
    Bane. He's on the Secret Six with seemingly no explanation, although I can't say I'm upset with him on the roster. Their 6th member has yet to be disclosed however.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    So how about that ASM, huh

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Me Too! wrote: »
    So how about that ASM, huh

It was pretty good
    Although I'm doubtful that the Symbiote will remain dead/gone for good.

Drakeon on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Well duh
    Also, Fables
    Great way to wrap up the over-arching story but uh
    Now what? I'm definitely looking forward to the next issue

Me Too! on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    IIM was pretty good this week, again. I don't think I like this Hill vs. Pepper side plot thing going on though. The fight was cool though.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    my non moment of the week was seeing how crappy Secret Origin in GL is getting
    territorial edict? more prophecies? not even a mention of Sinestro's iron fist rule over Korugar? hal being able to work his ring against yellow?

it's not necessarily a horrible story, it just doesn't jive with any GL pre-Johns, which is odd because Johns is usually pretty good at making everything fit

Rans on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Rans wrote: »
    territorial edict? more prophecies? not even a mention of Sinestro's iron fist rule over Korugar? hal being able to work his ring against yellow?

it's not necessarily a horrible story, it just doesn't jive with any GL pre-Johns, which is odd because Johns is usually pretty good at making everything fit

Yea, the Secret Origin in GL really feels like its dragging on to me. It's been going on for 5 issues now? At least the next issue is the last of Secret Origin.

Drakeon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    this was the 6th issue, it's 7 issues long

Rans on
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Rans wrote: »

He's trying to make everything fit into Blackest Night.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i wish he wouldn't

Rans on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Drakeon wrote: »

It's
    Bane. He's on the Secret Six with seemingly no explanation, although I can't say I'm upset with him on the roster. Their 6th member has yet to be disclosed however.

oh, hey. interesting. i didn't even know they were changing the lineup.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Servo wrote: »

It's

For some reason, I have this idea that it's Catwoman.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Servo wrote: »

It's

Considering how the last mini ended, it was inevitable.

And man, I love Secret Six so much.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ASM was actually good. I enjoyed Spider-Man kicking the truck out of the amidst the giant battle then the, "Ok, so that me doing the truck thing. Carry on."

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Who reads Detective Comics?
    What the fuck happened to Catwoman?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Why? What did they do?

Oh Gods what did they do???

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Why? What did they do?

The page I saw said somebody cut out her heart. So I guess sci-fi life support is keeping her alive without one?

But geez, after canceling her series, I'm not optimistic about her future.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    John the SkrullJohn the Skrull Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Why? What did they do?

The page I saw said somebody cut out her heart. So I guess sci-fi life support is keeping her alive without one?

Spoilers from this issue
    In order to get back at Batman Hush cut out her heart and delivered her to a hospital. Sci fi Life support is indeed what's keeping her alive for now.

John the Skrull on
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Why? What did they do?

Spoilers from this issue
    In order to get back at Batman Hush cut out her heart and delivered her to a hospital. Sci fi Life support is indeed what's keeping her alive for now.

D:

Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Uh... Wow. DiDio really must hate her.

Anyway, mine was GL. Because now I am certain Hal's fahter and possibly mother will be a Black Lantern (or two).

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Why? What did they do?

Spoilers from this issue

D:

:|

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Uh... Wow. DiDio really must hate her.
    At least he didn't have her stuffed into a refrigerator. :|

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »
    IIM was pretty good this week, again. I don't think I like this Hill vs. Pepper side plot thing going on though. The fight was cool though.

Eh, it didn't really click for me. Seems weird that a kid whose abilities are pretty much limited to dicking around with his metabolism and sticking lasers on his fingers is able to slap around Iron Man like that.

And that awful non-cliffhanger was lame.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Eh, it didn't really click for me. Seems weird that a kid whose abilities are pretty much limited to dicking around with his metabolism and sticking lasers on his fingers is able to slap around Iron Man like that.

Tony Stark speaks binary, and he's dead?! But what does this mean for the future of Iron Man?!

I liked it myself, and I think Stane's abilities were pretty in line with what was already established and the obvious assumption that he had been holding back when not, you know, fighting Iron Man.
    I kind of didn't like how Stane's motive seems to be tied to the death of his father and resulting resentment, though. It's a bit cliched.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Tony Stark speaks binary, and he's dead?! But what does this mean for the future of Iron Man?!

I liked it myself, and I think Stane's abilities were pretty in line with what was already established and the obvious assumption that he had been holding back when not, you know, fighting Iron Man.
    I kind of didn't like how Stane's motive seems to be tied to the death of his father and resulting resentment, though. It's a bit cliched.

Honestly, I think Stane's motivation should tie at least a little to Information Should Be Free. I mean, we know Tony's a smart person, and a good person, but he does love keeping information he thinks is important as secret as possible for as long as possible. I'd like the idea of Stane eventually planning on releasing this technology to the public at large once he's gotten Iron Man. It's a sorta-rip of The Incredibles, but I think making that argument central would be really smart and interesting.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Honestly, I think Stane's motivation should tie at least a little to Information Should Be Free. I mean, we know Tony's a smart person, and a good person, but he does love keeping information he thinks is important as secret as possible for as long as possible. I'd like the idea of Stane eventually planning on releasing this technology to the public at large once he's gotten Iron Man. It's a sorta-rip of The Incredibles, but I think making that argument central would be really smart and interesting.

That would be pretty cool, especially if it led to a host of new technological villains.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Right, I mean the Iron Wars has been done, but I do like the idea of really sticking it to Tony that his own incredible mind is what's making this possible, what might make a whole generation of tech villians possible. He's determined to improve the world by building better weaponry, even if he's not selling it. Eventually he's not going to be able to keep ahead of the curve, and it's all going to go tits up.

Honestly, as much as I like a good punch-up, my favorite parts about Iron Man are the What If Science parts and the business of figuring out how to save the world.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ms. Marvel annual was nice, with Spidey quips galore, but it was a bit...light on Carol.

Although Spider-man got to 2nd base with Ms. Marvel, so thumbs up to that.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Only second? The cover makes it look like he's ready to fuck her in mid-air.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Only second? The cover makes it look like he's ready to fuck her in mid-air.
    Well he was trying, but all he got was a handful.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    That's the Parker luck for you.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    If he hadn't been having sex with a supermodel, I'd even go so far to assume the Parker Luck included the Irish Curse.

Crimsondude on