Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

A twinkless mmorpg server... (for improved balance and economy)

1356

Posts

  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Day wrote: »
    Day wrote: »
    Mgcw wrote: »

    You can use it whatever way you please, but that doesn't mean you're not an asshole for using it to twink.

    So I'm an asshole for playing the game the way blizzard designed it. Are you guys reading what you are typing or does it go straight from brain to "submit reply"?

    It is possibly to be an asshole within the rules of the game, just like it is possible to be a troll within the rules of the forum.

    Yes Mgcw has made that very clear.

    So what makes me an "asshole" then? Because I thought it would be fun to be the best geared I could be regardless of level? Sure are a whole lot of assholes playing the game then.

    If there's one thing I've learned from the internet, there are a lot of people who live their lives and consider everyone around them to be assholes. Me, I'm more optimistic.

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Day wrote: »
    815165 wrote: »
    Day wrote: »
    815165 wrote: »
    I don't get the twinking to fight other twinks argument, you could save loads of time by not twinking and fight the other non twinks for the same results.

    Look if you know you want to stay in a bracket, many people do, certain brackets are hella fun for certain classes. Why would you not want to have the best possible equipment the game will allow you to have? Isn't that what happens at 70??
    At 70 everyone has the same oppertunities to gain the best gear. I've kept characters in brackets for months without having to twink them, it's called wanting competative PVP instead of just rolling some people who don't stand a chance against you. If you're crappy at PVP that's cool but it's pretty silly to rely on a crutch just to beat people still learning how to play.

    Why do you not have the same opportunities to gear at lower levels that I did? We play the same game iirc.

    Someone just starting the game with one character does not have the same opportunities as someone with a lvl 70 on the server to funnel them gear and money. This isn't hard to understand.

    He has the same opportunity as you to level a character to 70, then create another to twink. A new player should be aiming for 70 anyway, I find it hard to imagine someone joining just to PvP at 29.

    Do you find it hard to imagine that they'd want to enjoy or try PvP before getting to level 70? Twinking totally removes this aspect of play until you reach level 70, which is the entire fucking point of the argument.

    Mgcw on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    A character having 16 slot bags at level 19 doesn't affect other players at all, someone one shotting them just to stroke their ego does.

    815165 on
  • -SPI--SPI- Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    There's a big difference between sending your alts bags and gold to make levelling easier and having a level 19 guy with 3000hp and a blue sword from a quest designed for characters 20 levels higher than him that's enchanted with mongoose or some bullshit.

    One of them is convenience and one is you being a douche picking on people who have zero chance of fighting back.

    -SPI- on
  • DayDay Registered User
    edited September 2008
    So you under gear yourself because you feel bad for the opposing faction?

    Day on
    Currently Playing: TF2/Audiosurf
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Daymion
  • Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User
    edited September 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Day wrote: »
    Why do you not have the same opportunities to gear at lower levels that I did? We play the same game iirc.
    Someone with a level 70 character and a level 29 alt isn't playing the same game as someone levelling their first character.
    They don't have a high level character to obtain the gold and gear for them, they're levelling up. At 70 there is nothing off limits to people unless they don't have the skill to obtain it (PVP weapons, for example). You shouldn't have to have a level 70 character to play level 20 PVP just because some people are insecure.

    How is this any different than people with top level arena gear doing BGs? It isn't. In this game you have advantages if you have spend more time and effort in the game, whether that be in leveling to 70 and farming gold for your level 29 or leveling to 70 and working to obtain high level arena epics. Would you say that anyone who has season 4 weapons is insecure?

    Wombat02 on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Day wrote: »
    So you under gear yourself because you feel bad for the opposing faction?
    I've stayed in 20-29 using the gear I'd gotten from quests at that point, that isn't under-geared at all; it's the normal level of gear people have at level 29.
    It isn't about feeling bad for the other faction, it's about wanting competition instead of wanting to be a big sexy winner, winning is pointless if the other team doesn't stand a chance. It's like beating up a seven year old.

    815165 on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wombat02 wrote: »
    How is this any different than people with top level arena gear doing BGs? It isn't. In this game you have advantages if you have spend more time and effort in the game, whether that be in leveling to 70 and farming gold for your level 29 or leveling to 70 and working to obtain high level arena epics. Would you say that anyone who has season 4 weapons is insecure?
    If someone in season 4 weapons went around only attacking level 69's I think they would be insecure, yeah. If you want to PVP at 70 but don't want to do arenas you're choosing to not have access to that gear; that's how I play because arenas are terrible. The level 29 in whites and greens doesn't get to choose to not have the best gear, he can't get it.

    815165 on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Day wrote: »
    815165 wrote: »
    Day wrote: »
    815165 wrote: »
    I don't get the twinking to fight other twinks argument, you could save loads of time by not twinking and fight the other non twinks for the same results.

    Look if you know you want to stay in a bracket, many people do, certain brackets are hella fun for certain classes. Why would you not want to have the best possible equipment the game will allow you to have? Isn't that what happens at 70??
    At 70 everyone has the same oppertunities to gain the best gear. I've kept characters in brackets for months without having to twink them, it's called wanting competative PVP instead of just rolling some people who don't stand a chance against you. If you're crappy at PVP that's cool but it's pretty silly to rely on a crutch just to beat people still learning how to play.

    Why do you not have the same opportunities to gear at lower levels that I did? We play the same game iirc.

    Someone just starting the game with one character does not have the same opportunities as someone with a lvl 70 on the server to funnel them gear and money. This isn't hard to understand.

    He has the same opportunity as you to level a character to 70, then create another to twink. A new player should be aiming for 70 anyway, I find it hard to imagine someone joining just to PvP at 29.

    Do you find it hard to imagine that they'd want to enjoy or try PvP before getting to level 70? Twinking totally removes this aspect of play until you reach level 70, which is the entire fucking point of the argument.

    I see this as complaining that you just started playing Halo online now and you get owned in 5 seconds constantly. I would suggest that you invest some time into the game to get better at it, rather than the designers making it easier for you. If it takes 200 hours, then that's what it takes.

    If it takes 200 hours to make a level 70 who can gear your alt, then that's what it takes. It's all about time investment. If you're unwilling to put the time in to get better, then I have no sympathy for you.

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I see this as complaining that you just started playing Halo online now and you get owned in 5 seconds constantly. I would suggest that you invest some time into the game to get better at it, rather than the designers making it easier for you. If it takes 200 hours, then that's what it takes.

    If it takes 200 hours to make a level 70 who can gear your alt, then that's what it takes. It's all about time investment. If you're unwilling to put the time in to get better, then I have no sympathy for you.

    Twinking is not skill based.

    Mgcw on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    I see this as complaining that you just started playing Halo online now and you get owned in 5 seconds constantly. I would suggest that you invest some time into the game to get better at it, rather than the designers making it easier for you. If it takes 200 hours, then that's what it takes.

    If it takes 200 hours to make a level 70 who can gear your alt, then that's what it takes. It's all about time investment. If you're unwilling to put the time in to get better, then I have no sympathy for you.

    Twinking is not skill based.

    Here's a fun fact. Twinking also doesn't increase the skill of the player.

    It's not terribly hard to beat a twink. Some actually play well. Many, however, assume their gear will do the work for them.

    The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

  • DayDay Registered User
    edited September 2008
    You are correct gear doesn't equal skill, just like being undergeared doesn't mean you have super amazing button mashing powers.

    Day on
    Currently Playing: TF2/Audiosurf
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Daymion
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Getting beaten in an FPS because the other player is more experienced than you and therefore better at the game is totally different from being beaten by someone who might not be any better than you (how hard is spamming SS, rite?) but you'll never get the chance to find out because their character is so much stronger than yours.
    People often say this happens at 70 too but I haven't come across a geared out level 70 with three times the HP of a 70 in greens.

    815165 on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    I see this as complaining that you just started playing Halo online now and you get owned in 5 seconds constantly. I would suggest that you invest some time into the game to get better at it, rather than the designers making it easier for you. If it takes 200 hours, then that's what it takes.

    If it takes 200 hours to make a level 70 who can gear your alt, then that's what it takes. It's all about time investment. If you're unwilling to put the time in to get better, then I have no sympathy for you.

    Twinking is not skill based.

    I would argue that it still is, at least partially, but whether skill based or not, it is still time based. Twitch skills are a time investment and phat loots are also a time investment.

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    I see this as complaining that you just started playing Halo online now and you get owned in 5 seconds constantly. I would suggest that you invest some time into the game to get better at it, rather than the designers making it easier for you. If it takes 200 hours, then that's what it takes.

    If it takes 200 hours to make a level 70 who can gear your alt, then that's what it takes. It's all about time investment. If you're unwilling to put the time in to get better, then I have no sympathy for you.

    Twinking is not skill based.

    Most of wow is time and effort based. Twinking is no different.

    Wombat02 on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    The FPS analogy fails: Everyone has access to the same equipment in your standard FPS. (Discounting unlocks like the battlefield series of games.)

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    Some days I just want to smack people with a rolled up newspaper. Or a phone book.
    A folding chair is looking like an attractive option right now too...
  • DayDay Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Everyone has access to the same gear in wow unless I've been playing a different game for the past couple years.

    Day on
    Currently Playing: TF2/Audiosurf
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Daymion
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Everyone has access to the same gear in WoW at every level too. Since this is clearly the only game being discussed.

    It's just their means to gain it might not be equal.

    The fact is all the bickering doesn't matter one bit. Beyond putting limits in enchants, blizzard has stated time and again they will not stop people from twinking; they feel it is one way of playing the game and they won't inhibit that.

    Personally I don't really support twinking, I just don't give a shit. If you want to do it, great. I've rarely ran into a twink that I couldn't beat anyway with "normal" gear.

    The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Do you find it hard to imagine that they'd want to enjoy or try PvP before getting to level 70? Twinking totally removes this aspect of play until you reach level 70, which is the entire fucking point of the argument.

    And then you get to 70 and run into people with full T6/S3/S4 gear and get your ass handed to you anyways.

    I don't see much of a difference between level 19 twinks and maxed out level 70 characters. Both are taking the time to gear up characters just in different ways. Some of the stuff they're getting isn't readily available to the average player(S4 gear, top end raid gear for the 70s, expensive enchants and other goodies for the twinks).

    It's frustrating to run into a maxed out character at any level bracket. :|

    Poketpixie on
  • Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Do you find it hard to imagine that they'd want to enjoy or try PvP before getting to level 70? Twinking totally removes this aspect of play until you reach level 70, which is the entire fucking point of the argument.

    And then you get to 70 and run into people with full T6/S3/S4 gear and get your ass handed to you anyways.

    I don't see much of a difference between level 19 twinks and maxed out level 70 characters. Both are taking the time to gear up characters just in different ways. Some of the stuff they're getting isn't readily available to the average player(S4 gear, top end raid gear for the 70s, expensive enchants and other goodies for the twinks).

    It's frustrating to run into a maxed out character at any level bracket. :|

    Yes. Thank you.

    Wombat02 on
  • ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Getting beaten in an FPS because the other player is more experienced than you and therefore better at the game is totally different from being beaten by someone who might not be any better than you (how hard is spamming SS, rite?) but you'll never get the chance to find out because their character is so much stronger than yours.
    People often say this happens at 70 too but I haven't come across a geared out level 70 with three times the HP of a 70 in greens.

    My priest started pvping with ~6k hp and just under 1k +heal. Now I have some gear (S2/3 stuff) I have 10-12k hp, 450+ resiliance and 1500-1700 +heal. This is just about as big a gap (I would die in under 5 seconds when I started, now I last a fair deal longer). It's not 3x as much in raw stats but I do survive 20x longer.

    From a business standpoint twinking is a good thing I think. You will annoy people at low level but they will either be A) Rerolls who will just outlevel it quickly or twink themselfs or B) New players who will be annoyed but will still (probally) just keep leveling so they can even the score later. I feel the number of people who leave because of twinking would be much smaller than the number if people it retains.

    Scroffus on
  • DayDay Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Except new 70's? You make zero sense.

    (Post this was directed to was deleted)

    Day on
    Currently Playing: TF2/Audiosurf
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Daymion
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    If you encounter a twink, how can you tell if he's actually a twink rather than an alt?

    One thousand more HP than you at lvl 29 where that is the entirety of your HP.

    ...

    That doesn't answer my question.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Most twinks are alts. I don't understand the question.

    Bama on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Most twinks are alts. I don't understand the question.

    Agreed.

    Unless someone had some higher level friends that were really bored, I'd say the vast majority of twinks have to be alts, whereas most alts see varrying amounts of twinking (some get a few bags and a little gold, others get thousands of gold worth of epics and enchants, for BG twinking (usually known as "being a douchebag") or just to make the levelling climb smoother).

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Most twinks are alts. I don't understand the question.

    Then I don't understand what the problem is? You want somebody to grind the same content multiple times if they want to play a different class?

    (BTW, I always understood a "twink" to be somebody who was outfitted by a different player.)

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • eobeteobet Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    And about the mount thing; pay more attention. They swapped the prices so instead of 10g riding 90g mount, it's 90g riding 10g mount.

    I think you knew this but it didn't support your flimsy argument so you ignored it.

    Doesn't much matter, he was being flippant. It used to cost 100 gold total to ride a mount, and now it costs 45 gold total. That's his point.

    Sorry, I actually didn't pay attention because I'm a miner in the game now which means that I have ridiculus amounts of money for my level, and that's my point. The inflation in the game world made a previous big feature of the game almost completely go away. Imo, the NPCs need to adjust their prices according to the AH inflation.
    Day wrote: »
    Mgcw wrote: »

    You can use it whatever way you please, but that doesn't mean you're not an asshole for using it to twink.

    So I'm an asshole for playing the game the way blizzard designed it. Are you guys reading what you are typing or does it go straight from brain to "submit reply"?

    There's some fundamental rules regarding product design which says that "users never use something exactly the way you designed it" and also "users will always find ways to use something in ways you never designed it for".

    eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Most twinks are alts. I don't understand the question.

    Then I don't understand what the problem is? You want somebody to grind the same content multiple times if they want to play a different class?

    (BTW, I always understood a "twink" to be somebody who was outfitted by a different player.)

    No, it's the fact that most of the battleground/pvp twinks are specifically geared and designed and funded to be utterly unstoppable by your average character of the same (or often, even greater) level. I'm talking level 29's that can wreck a couple of 35's on their own, and take half a warsong gulch team (5+ people) to kill. They're not just playing through the content, they usually pick an _9 bracket (19, 29, 39) and outfit the fuck out of themselves to the point where people who stop by to level while at that point in the game stand practically no chance of success, particularly newer players.

    And again, no, at least in WoW terms, twinks are almost exclusively (in my experience, at least) outfitted by a player with a level 70 (or multiple 70's) who thus has easy access to gold, enchants, services and materials that a new player (or a not quite as dedicated twink) will never have access to.

    You don't put 4,000 gold worth of enchants on a level 19 character because you want some hearty pvp. The vast majority of people do it to be a douchebag.

    "Ho ho! Three rogues and a mage can't kill me! Watch as I two-shot most of them! *fapfapfapfap*"

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This reminded me of the time I went 20-0 in WSG with all white gear at level 16 on my orc hunter. Bet people thought I was twinked too.

    bowen on
    Ladies.
  • eobeteobet Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Most twinks are alts. I don't understand the question.

    Then I don't understand what the problem is? You want somebody to grind the same content multiple times if they want to play a different class?

    (BTW, I always understood a "twink" to be somebody who was outfitted by a different player.)

    There should be enough content in WOW that you can at least level up two or three different characters in different zones, but granted, certain level ranges are limited to one or two zones.

    But then, shouldn't the game designers make the "grind" more interesting?

    Then there's also the kind of player (me, admittedly) who enjoy the leveling up more than the end game (not that I even gotten to even level 60 yet, I must admit).

    But true, I should expand the topic title to eliminate both twinks and alts from this imaginary server we're discussing. I'll add try to add in something about the unbalanced and inflated economy as well, if the topic title length restriction will allow me to.

    eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Most twinks are alts. I don't understand the question.

    Then I don't understand what the problem is? You want somebody to grind the same content multiple times if they want to play a different class?

    (BTW, I always understood a "twink" to be somebody who was outfitted by a different player.)
    I've already said that being able to outfit alts was a key factor in my being able to stick with WoW as long as I did, so no I don't feel that way at all. I also don't fault players for twinking nearly as much as I fault designers for allowing twinking to be so abusive.

    I also think that most people here (and in general) only complain about twinks in the context of pvp. To address the fps analogy, player experience is vastly different to character experience. It's like getting beaten in Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots because the other guy is a veteran versus getting beaten because the other guy put really long arms on his robot before the game started.

    Bama on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    How is this any different than complaining that two level 29s will be mismatched if one of them can skip class to farm gold and gear 12 hours a day while the other one has a job and a marriage and a kid?

    Which, in turn, is no different than complaining that gear represents a disproportional amount of the capabilities of a character?

    And complaining about that in an RPG is a little like complaining that fighting games are unfair to people who don't have fast twitch relfexes.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • DayDay Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »

    I also think that most people here (and in general) only complain about twinks in the context of pvp. To address the fps analogy, player experience is vastly different to character experience. It's like getting beaten in Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots because the other guy is a veteran versus getting beaten because the other guy put really long arms on his robot before the game started.

    So the really long arms were allowed in the contest but the one dude wasn't prepared? Bummer.

    Day on
    Currently Playing: TF2/Audiosurf
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Daymion
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    I fault designers for allowing twinking to be so abusive.

    Agreed. Example; insanely overpowered enchants/patches that have a level 35 min level. Really? Really? And then they had to go back and nerf how dodge rating worked for lower level characters, specifically because of things like this.
    Day wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »

    I also think that most people here (and in general) only complain about twinks in the context of pvp. To address the fps analogy, player experience is vastly different to character experience. It's like getting beaten in Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots because the other guy is a veteran versus getting beaten because the other guy put really long arms on his robot before the game started.

    So the really long arms were allowed in the contest but the one dude wasn't prepared? Bummer.

    Except the arms cost a whole lot in points you could only earn by playing in Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots matches, which the veteran player had already ammassed through having played for years, whereas the new guy had the Tin Arms of Gimpyness.

    Experience in the game should be enough of an advantage. Having a huge gear edge too is usually just being an asshole.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    I also think that most people here (and in general) only complain about twinks in the context of pvp. To address the fps analogy, player experience is vastly different to character experience. It's like getting beaten in Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots because the other guy is a veteran versus getting beaten because the other guy put really long arms on his robot before the game started.

    Yeah, I get it. The answer is pretty clear to me: level up your own 70 and twink your own character.

    If everybody did that, then everybody would have killer gear at every bracket, and then everybody would be more or less evenly matched, and PvP would be more fun.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    I also think that most people here (and in general) only complain about twinks in the context of pvp. To address the fps analogy, player experience is vastly different to character experience. It's like getting beaten in Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots because the other guy is a veteran versus getting beaten because the other guy put really long arms on his robot before the game started.

    Yeah, I get it. The answer is pretty clear to me: level up your own 70 and twink your own character.

    If everybody did that, then everybody would have killer gear at every bracket, and then everybody would be more or less evenly matched, and PvP would be more fun.
    Don't lie to me; WoW pvp isn't going to be fun. :P

    Bama on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Day wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »

    I also think that most people here (and in general) only complain about twinks in the context of pvp. To address the fps analogy, player experience is vastly different to character experience. It's like getting beaten in Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots because the other guy is a veteran versus getting beaten because the other guy put really long arms on his robot before the game started.

    So the really long arms were allowed in the contest but the one dude wasn't prepared? Bummer.

    Yeah, exactly. It's like going to a skiing tournament and complaining that other people spent $1000 on their skis but you could only afford what you got at Goodwill.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    I also think that most people here (and in general) only complain about twinks in the context of pvp. To address the fps analogy, player experience is vastly different to character experience. It's like getting beaten in Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots because the other guy is a veteran versus getting beaten because the other guy put really long arms on his robot before the game started.

    Yeah, I get it. The answer is pretty clear to me: level up your own 70 and twink your own character.

    If everybody did that, then everybody would have killer gear at every bracket, and then everybody would be more or less evenly matched, and PvP would be more fun.
    Don't lie to me; WoW pvp isn't going to be fun. :P

    :lol:

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Yeah, I get it. The answer is pretty clear to me: level up your own 70 and twink your own character.

    If everybody did that, then everybody would have killer gear at every bracket, and then everybody would be more or less evenly matched, and PvP would be more fun.

    Oh yeah, totally viable if you want to.

    Just sucks ass for any retard (read; new player) that bothers to duck their head into those brackets while levelling.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Day wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »

    I also think that most people here (and in general) only complain about twinks in the context of pvp. To address the fps analogy, player experience is vastly different to character experience. It's like getting beaten in Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots because the other guy is a veteran versus getting beaten because the other guy put really long arms on his robot before the game started.

    So the really long arms were allowed in the contest but the one dude wasn't prepared? Bummer.

    Yeah, exactly. It's like going to a skiing tournament and complaining that other people spent $1000 on their skis but you could only afford what you got at Goodwill.

    Except the guy with the $1000 skis doesn't shave 70% off his run time down the mountain.

    Edit: We're not talking about "oh ho ho, you beat me by 3 seconds, truly those titanium poles gave you an edge this year", it's more like "fuck me, how does someone break the speed barrier on SKIS?"

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
This discussion has been closed.