As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's talk about this forum.

13»

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Go for it, IMO.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Along similar lines, I'm considering writing up a tactics article for WHFB Orcs tomorrow. I assume it'd be cool to throw that in its own thread, as well?

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    I have to say that I am thrilled that this forum is doing as well as it is. Thanks again for making it happen.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I have to say that I am thrilled that this forum is doing as well as it is. Thanks again for making it happen.
    This really needs no qualification, but I will anyway: Imagine what would've happened if someone'd tried to make the "build a world" thread anywhere else; I can't believe it would've been pretty.

This is now without any shadow of a doubt my favourite PA forum and my new home, from whence I occasionally venture forth into the wider realm. Dn'M 4eva! :P

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    Mr_Rose wrote:
    This really needs no qualification, but I will anyway: Imagine what would've happened if someone'd tried to make the "build a world" thread anywhere else; I can't believe it would've been pretty.

This is now without any shadow of a doubt my favourite PA forum and my new home, from whence I occasionally venture forth into the wider realm. Dn'M 4eva! :P

no u r

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'm curious, would anyone here be interested in running a secret santa thing that seems to be all the rage this time of year? Just because I have a powerful enjoyment of receiving mail that isn't bills or credit card applications, and I imagine many of you do as well. Unfortunately I have all the organizational skills of a magpie on crack so keeping track of such a thing is a bit beyond me.

see317 on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    see317 wrote:
    I'm curious, would anyone here be interested in running a secret santa thing that seems to be all the rage this time of year? Just because I have a powerful enjoyment of receiving mail that isn't bills or credit card applications, and I imagine many of you do as well. Unfortunately I have all the organizational skills of a magpie on crack so keeping track of such a thing is a bit beyond me.
    I think we'd be better waiting until next year when the forum has a better established sense of community.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Eh, it was just a thought.

see317 on
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    see317 wrote:
    Just because I have a powerful enjoyment of receiving mail that isn't bills or credit card applications...

Secret santa: letter edition?

piL on
  • Options
    TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    :^: on the forum promotion. This is my favoriate sub-forum now.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Talonrazor wrote:
    :^: on the forum promotion. This is my favoriate sub-forum now.

I was freaking out and thought it was deleted and then POW it's here!

:^:

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    TrenogTrenog Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Where's Dice and Men?

right where it should be, my friend

right where it should be

I felt it should be repeated. Thanks to all you crazy kids who have made this possible. Now back to my klepto-wait for more gaming stories, create-your-own world rp, and general rp merryment.

Trenog on
    steam_sig.png
    Malkor wrote: »
    Rolo wrote: »
    opium is all natural shit son

makes you stronger

It also makes you immune to time.
    Bama wrote: »
    Two weeks ago, I lost the bulk of my female friends

She really hates it when you call her that.
    FCD wrote: »
    Ahhh, Orochimaru. Or, as I like to call him, Japanese Pedophile Voldemort.
  • Options
    nindustrialnindustrial Word Typer Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    :D
    And there was much rejoicing! By far my favorite forum.

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
  • Options
    GolemGolem of Sand Saint Joseph, MORegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I probly missed where it was explained but why isnt this in the forum communities anymore? just wondering.

Golem on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Golem wrote:
    I probly missed where it was explained but why isnt this in the forum communities anymore? just wondering.
    Because it's an on-topic forum, and Whippy has decreed it worthy of official forum-hood.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    So... about those silly *shire threads and other forum roleplaying games.

Do we really need them?

I mean, what do they have to do with tabletop gaming?

They're just cluttering up our new forum.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Does seem like a lot of them going on.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Uriel wrote:
    So... about those silly *shire threads and other forum roleplaying games.

Do we really need them?

I mean, what do they have to do with tabletop gaming?

They're just cluttering up our new forum.
    From The Rules:

"In summary, if it's a game, and it's not a sport, and it's not a video/PC game, this is probably where you talk about it, play it, or make rules for it."

You may not enjoy them, but clearly, an awful lot of other people do.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I was just wondering if they really belonged here.

I mean, they don't really have anything to do with tabletop gaming.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Would it be possible to get the forum's tooltip to read "We roll 20s". It was mentioned earlier in the creation of the forum and is too cool of an idea to let it die off...

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I have a query.

I'd like to get into gaming, over IRC or something I suppose. But I dont know where to start. And starting a thread for help would probably amount to the same as a "Hi I'm New" thread in most peoples eyes.

Any assistance from this thread?

Jeedan on
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    There's a few IRC games going on right now. I don't know who's running what, but I'm sure if you dropped the DM an IM, they can help you on a case by case basis. There's an Eberron game starting sometime soon, it will use the free OpenRPG from what I understand. That DM might still be recruiting.

Suggestions for new players is intersperced around, but your DM can help you greatly. There's not much you need to know really. Most RPG books now adays contain an into to roleplaying games. Here's an intro. I skimmed it, and it seems to contain what needs to be contained as far as non-specifics go (which would depend on the game you played), even if it is a little condenscending.

Hope that helps.

piL on
  • Options
    GolemGolem of Sand Saint Joseph, MORegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The Stairway to heaven thread....omg man its soo good its like reading a good sci-fi novel. Keep up the good work to all the participants!!

:D

Golem on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I just wanted to say that I've been working on a sci-fi version of the world-building Mythology game/thread we had a while back, currently titled Space Myth. This will be more structured and have some RTS-like features (somewhat Gal Civ II inspired) - each player will represent a species who will colonize the galaxy, make war and peace, trade, research, and so on. While it may not have a specific stop point, it will probably be clearer when it's done (I'm expecting it to go 2-4 weeks).

I'm still letting the rules settle for a bit before I start it, since once it's out of the bag it's off, so if anyone has anything they think such a game needs let me know. I'm thinking of starting the thread for signups tomorrow or Thurs, and starting turns (currently planning 2 day turns) on the weekend. There will be an option for joining after turns start, and depending on your concept you might prefer it. I'll probably be in #bombfell tomorrow night, and some of the guys there have seen what I've got planned.

Scooter on