As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

My boss just found out about my criminal record (and other tales of employment)

• CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    what do you mean "you people"

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    what do you mean "you people"

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zombot wrote: »
    I delivered to a movie set the other night. $507 order. Filled my car up with pizzas and calzones.
    My windows were all fogged up and I was sweating.
    Food was supposed to be at the set at 9:30. Didn't come out till 9:36.
    Takes me ten minutes to get to the place because they had all the streets blocked off, and I had to keep pulling over to let the trucks and vans get by.
    This one bitch complains that the pizzas weren't labeled which is an honest concern since there were like 30 of them. She tells me to tell my people that late and non-labeled pizzas do not fly with her people.
    Tipped me $28.
    On the plus side, I saw Drew Barrymoore and I'm not bragging or anything but she smiled at me and totally wanted my dick.
    See, I love it when they blame the workers inside and not the driver, cause it's usually not our fault.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Startin my new job today

On the one hand I'm excited to be making proper money again after six months of unemployment checks

On the other, bluurrrgh new hire orientation

Ledneh on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm going to go to class, go to the bank, go home and drink myself stupid till tomorrow.

Javen on
  • ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    drink first then go to the bank
    (accidentally send all your money to me)

ascot on
    edited September 2008
    and me

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    wallstreet aint doing too well :(

some seirous layoffs/restructuring happening tomorrow.

Aretè on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    ok nevermind I just called off like 10mins before my shift

I'm too tired and I have classes til like 8pm fuck Starbucks

you're living the dream! :lol:

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sara is so non-conformist she isn't even conforming to starbucks

The Black Hunter on
  • KittenKitten Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    retail...blah. Customers are the devil. Some guy got pissed at me because I would give him 30 % off his whole freakin' purchase. I'm not risking my job so you can save 10 dollars.

My bookstores changing it's return policy to no longer accept returns without receipt at the end of the month, and people are already bitching at me about it. It's like they think we have no right to have a policy.

I's really thinking about finding a job that has nothing to do with the general public...

Kitten on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You know, the nice thing about being one of only two IT people in a company with 10 locations across canada is that there is virtually no chance of me losing my job unless the entire company goes under or we are bought out by somebody so huge that they don't need another Tech (in which case I'd probably get an awesome severance package).

Still want to win the lottery though.

Ruckus on
    edited September 2008
    Customers are actually my least worried part of the job. I like it when its busy, personally.

Javen on
    edited September 2008
    Kitten wrote: »
    retail...blah. Customers are the devil. Some guy got pissed at me because I would give him 30 % off his whole freakin' purchase. I'm not risking my job so you can save 10 dollars.

My bookstores changing it's return policy to no longer accept returns without receipt at the end of the month, and people are already bitching at me about it. It's like they think we have no right to have a policy.

I's really thinking about finding a job that has nothing to do with the general public...
    After years of this, I found my desire to go back to school so that I can get a job in a room away from monetary transactions.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited September 2008

That "The customer is always right" theory is bullshit.

The more accurate saying would be "The customer is almost right, 10% of the time, maybe."

Ruckus on
    edited September 2008
    Mysst wrote: »

After years of this, I found my desire to go back to school so that I can get a job in a room away from monetary transactions.

yeah, thats why I'm in school now, but I still needs the monies until a graduate and spend the rest of my life animating flash cartoons in a dark, lonely room.

Kitten on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Javen wrote: »
    Customers are actually my least worried part of the job. I like it when its busy, personally.

Busy means money is coming in.

You can never argue with that.

DrZiplock on
    edited September 2008
    DrZiplock wrote: »

except when you get payed regardless of how busy it is.
    fuck payday weekend saturday shoppers :x

ascot on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    so the other day I locked my boss out of the store by accident

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    guurgh i don't want to go to class today

i suppose i should though

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited September 2008
    nah.

ascot on
    edited September 2008
    When I work on the floor and it's busy I get mad tips plus profit sharing.

My hope is to hire some reliable help soon that will ultimately stay on, so in two or so years the place can pretty much run itself.

Javen on
    edited September 2008
    ascot wrote: »

fuck payday weekend Saturday shoppers :x

Yesterday was crazy busy since people stayed home Sat because of the Hurricane, and all the goddamn high schoolers need to come in and get there required reading.

This one damn girl was looking for "Catching Rye" by that "J.D. Salmender Guy" and the computer said it would be in "Some sort of fiction area". Her mom looked so embarrassed.

Kitten on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008
    brb, changing name to J.D Salamander

edit - oh thats not what you said at all, oh well mine was better

ascot on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

That's really why I had to get out of retail, people getting angry at me for reasons beyond my control

Not that I have it much better at my current job, but at least I get to have my Deadpool action figure at my desk

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
    edited September 2008
    brb, changing name to J.D Salamander

edit - oh thats not what you said at all, oh well mine was better

s'fine, I've heard that one too.

Kitten on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2008

Yesterday was crazy busy since people stayed home Sat because of the Hurricane, and all the goddamn high schoolers need to come in and get there required reading.

This one damn girl was looking for "Catching Rye" by that "J.D. Salmender Guy" and the computer said it would be in "Some sort of fiction area". Her mom looked so embarrassed.
    She's gonna go far.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Mysst wrote: »

She's gonna go far.

The funniest part was that as I was waking to the section the girl kept trying to help me and saying shit like "J.D. SalaMENder, in fiction" and the mom was all, "She knows where it is", but then the dumb ass kid would start again, "Remember, Catching Rye"

Kitten on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ruckus wrote: »
    You know, the nice thing about being one of only two IT people in a company with 10 locations across canada is that there is virtually no chance of me losing my job unless the entire company goes under or we are bought out by somebody so huge that they don't need another Tech (in which case I'd probably get an awesome severance package).

Interestingly I'm in the process of leaving a job in which I'm one of 4 IT people in a company with 30+ branches across the UK. My job was basically to sit on my arse all day, answer support queries and generally do very little actual work whilst spending 90% of my time playing flash games or reading.

I'm leaving it to go to a job that's more challenging, and will actually require me to do some work.

Deicist on
  • FromAlpha2OmegaFromAlpha2Omega Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i'm an analyst at an investment bank in toronto
    so right now i'm watching people jump out of office buildings

FromAlpha2Omega on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

i love people who think theyre entitled to a discount just cause its a display model

we fucking built the bike yesterday you asshole and were waiving the assembly fee what the fuck is wrong with you

the most we can offer them is 10% which even for the most expensive bike comes out to be only $15

if you ask for a display discount before i offer to waive the assembly charge then i will call the cashier up front to make sure they charge assembly, which is $10

tugga on
    edited September 2008
    tugga wrote: »

i love people who think theyre entitled to a discount just cause its a display model

we fucking built the bike yesterday you asshole and were waiving the assembly fee what the fuck is wrong with you

the most we can offer them is 10% which even for the most expensive bike comes out to be only $15

if you ask for a display discount before i offer to waive the assembly charge then i will call the cashier up front to make sure they charge assembly, which is $10

Your most expensive bike is only $150? I'd never buy a bike there.

Ruckus on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    my job is rapidly killing me

and I don't mean, "it's hard, waaahh wahh wahh"

I mean, "I'll soon cease breathing"

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
    edited September 2008
    my bike is like three point five times that maximum price

bike elitism itt

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited September 2008
    Stale wrote: »

*zoom shot of orikae standing over stale's malformed corpse*

NOOOOOOOOOO

*camera zooms upward until finally resting at the top of EA's monolithic corporate headquarters*

THOSE BASTARDS WILL PAY FOR WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO YOU

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited September 2008

So Business as Usual at EA?

Ruckus on
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    stale works on the 4th floor

the elevator has been out of order for 2 weeks

potatoe on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

*zoom shot of orikae standing over stale's malformed corpse*

NOOOOOOOOOO

*camera zooms upward until finally resting at the top of EA's monolithic corporate headquarters*

THOSE BASTARDS WILL PAY FOR WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO YOU

*screen fades to black and white, three doves fly by.

AND TODAY IS PAYDAY!

*macro shots of guns being prepped in various stages, Yakkity Sax fades in as the front doors of EA are kicked open.

DrZiplock on
    edited September 2008
    argh i don't have time to do this right now damn you ziplock

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited September 2008
    Tallus wrote: »
    Ruckus wrote: »

Interestingly I'm in the process of leaving a job in which I'm one of 4 IT people in a company with 30+ branches across the UK. My job was basically to sit on my arse all day, answer support queries and generally do very little actual work whilst spending 90% of my time playing flash games or reading.

I'm leaving it to go to a job that's more challenging, and will actually require me to do some work.

You idiot! You had it all!!!

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
This discussion has been closed.