Options

Pike Street Annex Praise

2»

• Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, Khoo mentioned in an interview that the rest of the convention space will be available for next year. With the 5th and 6th floors added to our expo, I think we've managed to annex the entire convention center.

It still won't be enough space. We're going to have to find an open field somewhere like Oasis did for that massive concert they put on in England, and build the shit ourselves.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ffs

IGNORE THE FIFTH FLOOR
    THERE IS NOTHING THERE
    All the 5th floor consists of is 7 tiny offices. 2,000 sqft total.

if you doubt me go look up the map at the convention centers website :P

6th floor is the only one that matters.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BigRed wrote: »
    ffs

IGNORE THE FIFTH FLOOR
    THERE IS NOTHING THERE
    All the 5th floor consists of is 7 tiny offices. 2,000 sqft total.

if you doubt me go look up the map at the convention centers website :P

6th floor is the only one that matters.

Wow... cranky much? I just assumed the 5th and 6th floor followed a similar layout to the ones below. EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME Princesss.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I just got done reading the 10 page long sugguestion thread, yes I am cranky :P

http://www.wsctc.com/our_space/space_details.aspx

there ya go :P look for yourself

BigRed on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I didn't doubt you, I just had no reason to believe that was the case until you said it right there. That's the first I'd ever heard of it.

Edit: By the way it looks like the 6th floor is a lot bigger than I had assumed. That's a lot more space. I wouldn't be opposed to concerts up there, and two exhibition halls (the existing one and one where the concerts were this year).

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I didn't doubt you, I just had no reason to believe that was the case until you said it right there. That's the first I'd ever heard of it.

Edit: By the way it looks like the 6th floor is a lot bigger than I had assumed. That's a lot more space. I wouldn't be opposed to concerts up there, and two exhibition halls (the existing one and one where the concerts were this year).

PC would be a better fit for the large space on 6th floor ;-)

The grandballroom there wouldnt be much bigger than the current concert area anyway.

BigRed on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2008
    I think the Expo hall should span from where it was all the way into the PC/BYOC room of this year. I don't know if they'll be able to use the skybridge for expo though, depends on the fire codes.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    treyh37treyh37 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    if the expo hall expanded to the byoc room i'd want them to keep the skybridge as a musician/special guest area with maybe a larger beanbag chair area

treyh37 on
    later
    trey
  • Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The WoWTCG space was rediculously warm near the back... like no airflow at all... and while it was nice to have SO MUCH room for table top, I didn't like the "removed" feeling of not being connected to the majority of PAX, so I'm glad next year they'll have it rejoined.

nearlysober on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The WoWTCG space was rediculously warm near the back... like no airflow at all... and while it was nice to have SO MUCH room for table top, I didn't like the "removed" feeling of not being connected to the majority of PAX, so I'm glad next year they'll have it rejoined.

Ooh... I have to admit, I felt the same way in the brief time I spent over there. I spent the whole time with this kind of twitchy "I've been banished to my room" kind of feeling. I suppose for some tabletop games you need quiet... but for simple games like Magic, it's kind of fun to have a crowd around (or at least to be in the midst of something)... well, at least I feel that way, I imagine others understandably disagree, I could be a bit wierd in that regard. =) I like having a lot of people around while I do things like card games... I think because if not, the game has a tendency to become kind of eerily quiet.

But I digress.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Theres no word on yet on if tabletop will be back in the main part or if it will be offsite again.

BigRed on
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tabletop at the Space Needle next year!

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well this year the shunted us into the annex. next year... under the freeway? (where the hobos live)

faits on
    faits.png
  • Options
    netcrusher88netcrusher88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    faits wrote: »
    Well this year the shunted us into the annex. next year... under the freeway? (where the hobos live)

Actually, there's a park down there, up near Eastlake. I-5 Colonnade. Details are sparse online but it's pretty nifty, with mountain bike trails and an off-leash are.

...we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

I have to say, I liked the Annex except for Serpent Theatre. Now, it was a great place for it, don't get me wrong - but the acoustics suck.

netcrusher88 on
    My Visa card got stolen the other day. Now it's everywhere I want to be.
  • Options
    HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tabletop at the Space Needle next year!

As I know your just joking, and as awesome as that would be. It is REAL windy up there a lot of the time. So if that happened cards would be a-flyin'.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Theres no word on yet on if tabletop will be back in the main part or if it will be offsite again.
    I thought I read (or maybe heard at one of the panels?) something regarding a desire to reconnect table top with the main event. Not concrete, but a wanting to do so.

But I can't find it written anywhere... and my mind does play tricks on me... maybe it was during the Q&A at the comic drawing panel? I don't recall anymore... maybe it's just in my mind.

nearlysober on
  • Options
    TransparentTransparent Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    They mentioned bringing tabletop back to the main convention center during the make a strip I believe.

Transparent on
    PAXtrain '10, let's do this!
This discussion has been closed.