As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Strange photoshop problem.

DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
Edited topic for a new problem.

I want to import a video segment into photoshop to make a gif, I went and looked up a youtube video tutorial and its all straightforward EXCEPT I can't actually import videos. I mean I can but only as videos, not as frames. The video I saw for instance had File > Import > and then video as layers or something like that, I dont have that. I even went and installed the agony that is Quicktime and restarted, nothing, no new option. All my messing about has revealed no way to bring in a video and then convert it to frames. I can import it and save it as a gif but I can't delete frames and thus make it smaller, its only a few seconds long but into the 500K size range due to the amount of frames.

Anyone know what Im missing here? I remember it being so easy back in the day, probably like 3 iterations of Photoshop ago.

DarkWarrior on

• DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Bump for newness

DarkWarrior on
  • xYUUBINKYOKUxxYUUBINKYOKUx Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What version of photoshop do you have. I see the video import to frames in CS3

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wow, you necro'd a year old thread for a new topic? It's not a crime to make a new one.

To answer your question, I've never heard of video import in Photoshop. Maybe in old versions.

Most of the gif-making duties of the Adobe Suite have been offloaded to Fireworks, so you might want to check there.

Jasconius on
  • JacksWastedLifeJacksWastedLife Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    In Photoshop CS3 open the Animation window, click the options icon in the top right, and then choose "Convert to Frame Animation"

JacksWastedLife on
    edited December 2009
    I tried convert to frame animation but it doesnt show all the frames to let me edit them. Ill see whatFireworks does.

EDIT: nm I dont have fireworks.

EDIT THE EDITING: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbNLZbljNIw Thats the video, he did it on a Mac but still, should be a way to do this surely, like I said I was doing this like 2-3 versions of photoshop ago.

EDIT 3: With a Vengeance: NM, it works in 32 bit photoshop, just not 64 which is what I was using.

DarkWarrior on
    edited December 2009
    EDIT: NM, found another work around.

Fuck photoshop seriously. So hard to work with the most basic of functions.

DarkWarrior on