As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Heroes on NBC

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Pfft. Since when have people ever been united by people being nice and heroic? People are united by fear and mistrust of things they don't understand. I'm pretty sure Linderman even said that in his speech, or something like it. And Ozymandius was a also one of the 'heroes' of the book, who they treated like a villain, even though his 'evil' plan ended up working and uniting the planet against a common threat.
    Edit : Also, in the clip of next week, Mohinder is telling Nathan that his plan amounts to 'genocide' or something. He wants to kill off the Heroes, not celebrate them...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Pfft. Since when have people ever been united by people being nice and heroic? People are united by fear and mistrust of things they don't understand. I'm pretty sure Linderman even said that in his speech, or something like it. And Ozymandius was a also one of the 'heroes' of the book, who they treated like a villain, even though his 'evil' plan ended up working and uniting the planet against a common threat.
    Linderman said healing people one-by-one doesn't work. That convinces those people that the next step in evolution isn't a scary one. But if they "save" New York, it will convince the world.

Garlic Bread on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Question for those of you who might know. The show is on iTunes, correct? What time do new episodes show up on there?

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    The show's on NBC's website for free

episodes are up the day after they air

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007
    But he doesn't save NY. He sacrifices it. Five years in the future, it's still abandoned. I think it's more likely that he's looked at the big picture and decided that it's better to persecute the 1% of the population that's mutated in order to unite the remaining 99%. If you use his metaphor, 'healing' or helping the few mutants isn't big enough, not important enough.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    he sacrifices NYC to unite the world. but from hiro's future, it looks like it didn't work the way he wanted. The supers get persecuted instead of revered.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
    edited April 2007
    But he doesn't save NY. He sacrifices it. Five years in the future, it's still abandoned. I think it's more likely that he's looked at the big picture and decided that it's better to persecute the 1% of the population that's mutated in order to unite the remaining 99%. If you use his metaphor, 'healing' or helping the few mutants isn't big enough, not important enough.
    They'd blow up part of New York and then the supers would go in and help the injured people and with the rebuilding.

They were fixing it up when Hiro's in the future. It takes more than 5 years to rebuild a city.

Garlic Bread on
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Er, Keith?

You need to read this week's comic, so you do.

It mentions how in the future, supers are reviled much as mutants are on 616.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    Er, Keith?

Well, at least in Future Hiro's *original* timeline, that is before he tell peter to "save the cheerleader, save the world". After that he returns back to the Future, but we haven't seen enough to see if its the same situation. All we know is that NYC was still destroyed, thats about it.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
    edited April 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    Er, Keith?

I'll just wait until it's on TV

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007
    You make me laugh Keith.

(seriously, your'e reading the comics, right?)

bobgorila on

Anally.
    edited April 2007
    nope!

I downloaded up to like 28 or whatever but I haven't read them whoops

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007
    They contain vital and relevant expositions.

You would do well to read them, horrible art aside.

bobgorila on

Anally.
    edited May 2007
    We didn't see Linderman at all this episode...but I think I was still right...sorta? I think his plan went wrong because of...well...

"...it's almost biblical."
    I would play good money to see more of that fight than some glowy lights.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    We didn't see Linderman at all this episode...but I think I was still right...sorta? I think his plan went wrong because of...well...

Linderman's plan went wrong because...
    Sylar took Nathan's place

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007

"...it's almost biblical."
    I would play good money to see more of that fight than some glowy lights.

well...everyone was united - against 'specials'. As for the fight, yeah it would be cool to see more, but my imagination can come up with a much more badass fight then these guys can do on a public TV budget.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • TripKMATripKMA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Don't know if this was posted before but I thought I'd post it anyway. It's Greg Beeman's Blog.

http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/

If you haven't watched Episode 20 yet then don't click it.

TripKMA on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This episode made me want to see a Heroes movie at some point. While using minimal special effects and implying powers can be just as good, when
    Sylar & Peter charge up, I really just wanted to see them cut loose.

Lux on
  • Herr CaesarHerr Caesar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Did anyone else think that
    when Hiro and Ando et all were analyzing the timeline
    was reminiscent of
    timebroken.jpg
    ?

Herr Caesar on
    civbandit.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man I don't know whats up. NBC.com says its up. But when I click on it all I get is last weeks episode. :( there arn't enough frowny faces in the world to express how I feel.

Bucketman on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Did anyone else think that
    when Hiro and Ando et all were analyzing the timeline
    was reminiscent of
    timebroken.jpg
    ?

More like...
    1170354081_9l0XargUbp.jpg

:winky:

Man, I was a little surprised by the twist b/c I could totally believe that given 5 years time, Nathan Petrelli could end up being a complete asshole. I was snowed.

Squashua on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The picture of Sylar in the Oval Office from last episode kind of gave things away.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited May 2007
    The picture of Sylar in the Oval Office from last episode kind of gave things away.

also Adrian Pasdar fucking rocks. He caught onto Sylars mannerisms perfectly in that conversation with Claire.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited May 2007
    Nogs wrote: »

also Adrian Pasdar fucking rocks. He caught onto Sylars mannerisms perfectly in that conversation with Claire.

He was mimicking Sylar mimicking Nathan ever before then, though I imagine it was a little harder to tell if you weren't looking for it.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The whole "Peter is Neo" bits were great, even if they don't have the budget to really do a lot of cool stuff.
    The first thing I thought when seeing Sylar and Peter walking at each other with burning hands was "Oh shit, Neo vs. Agent Smith!"

The people who didn't like this episode need their brains rewired to detect awesome, since those circuits are obviously malfunctioning.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited May 2007
    Some of us don't like the Matrix.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    The people who didn't like this episode need their brains rewired to detect awesome, since those circuits are obviously malfunctioning.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited May 2007

Squashua on
    edited May 2007
    The Matrix is the Dark Knight Returns of movies. A kind of original, kind of good idea that fathered all sorts of derivative creations which, in turn, only served to degrade the original.

And, in both cases, the sequels were terrible.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited May 2007
    The Matrix is the Dark Knight Returns of movies. A kind of original, kind of good idea that fathered all sorts of derivative creations which, in turn, only served to degrade the original.

The cartoons weren't so bad. Animatrix stuff.

Squashua on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    Why would Sylar want Hiro to be executed instead of taking him for brain food?

Also, why couldn't Parkman tell that Nathan was really Sylar?

DMAC on
    edited May 2007
    Squashua wrote: »

The cartoons weren't so bad. Animatrix stuff.

You're correct there. Too bad it'll be remembered as a spin-off rather than something good in its own right.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    DMAC wrote: »

I wondered that too, but then I thought - as President I don't think Nathan/Syler would have much contact with him and it would be easy for Nathan to avoid.

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dr. Face wrote: »

I wondered that too, but then I thought - as President I don't think Nathan/Syler would have much contact with him and it would be easy for Nathan to avoid.
    Who knows what other powers Sylar's taken over the years. It's possible he got something like the Haitians abilities at some point. I mean, I would imagine that Peter would have been able to tell (Hey, now when I'm around you I can suddenly set things on fire, slam stuff around with TK and have an odd hunger for brains instead of just being able to fly) but he never noticed until right at the end when all pretense was dropped.

see317 on
    edited May 2007
    Peter doesn't need to be next to you to use your powers.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Maybe he figured the guy who culd travel through time and kill him the right way the first time was to dangerous to fuck around with.

Anyway, Future Hiro's body is still there, and his brain's intact...

Snake Gandhi on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    But they've already changed that timeline by travelling to the future and getting Isaac's "last issue". That was something that future samurai Hiro didn't do.

Aaah, taste the paradox!

DMAC on
    edited May 2007
    But they've already changed that timeline by travelling to the future and getting Isaac's "last issue". That was something that future samurai Hiro didn't do.

Aaah, taste the paradox!
    Could be, since Hiro (amd Ando, seeing as he's along for the ride) are immune to the changes in the timestream seeing as how their jumping along through time. Recall, Future Hiro thought Claire was dead, and that Sylar killed her, but we saw her alive. But Peter still had a scar, meaning he never got her regen power.

So maybe their aren't multiple timelines, just one thats constantly in flux while Hiro hops around.

Snake Gandhi on
  • PorphPorph Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Peter had to get Claire's power or else he couldn't have survived the explosion - and he says that he was the one to explode. So I'm guessing that the scar is either because

A) The explosion was so traumatic that his body couldn't fully heal itself, or something like that.

or

B) He got hurt when the Haitian was around and didn't heal fully.

Also, Peter has the scar in the latest online comic, which only takes place one year after the explosion - so by the time of this latest episode, he's had it for at least four years.

Porph on
    nikibanner.jpg
    edited May 2007
    Porph wrote: »
    Peter had to get Claire's power or else he couldn't have survived the explosion - and he says that he was the one to explode.
    Not really. Look at Ted. He explodes all the time, but it never hurts him. He's immune to his own power, no reason why Peter couldn't be as well.

Snake Gandhi on