Options

Post-Pre PAX Monthly Covergence!

2»

• Options
    AtomicFreakAtomicFreak Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I vote for a Friday night or Saturday. Sundays are usually my chill days before I go back to work.

AtomicFreak on
    TheAtomicFreak.gif
    theatomicfreak.png
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    OK, we have some awesome ideas going around.

I think first order of business: Pick a day. Whichever is most popular will be what we use. Example: "I would prefer the last Sunday of every month". That way there will be no bickering later down the road trying to figure it out day by day month by month. We will know exactly when the meetings are.

Second order of business: Snickers will put together the list of things and we can plan or vote or whatever from there. Then we can decide what would be most feasible/most fun depending on what we want to do. So, if we want to have bar and board game night, we can pick a venue based on that.

Good, yes?

Sounds good to me! I was going to wait for one or two more locations, but I think we have enough. Later tonight I'll work on getting an actual list up. And I agree, a set date would be the first step, making everything else easier.

So, I vote for the last or first saturday or sunday of the month. What is everyone else's votes? Again, it will be a bit later tonight before I can get around to editing much. I think I'll only let people vote on dates fora few days. see if we can't get this show on the road ASAP!

Vote now for what day of the month you want the events to be on!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    The EmitThe Emit Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    First sunday sounds fine to me.

The Emit on
  • Options
    s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sundays=not possible for me sorry, if that becomes the day have fun everyone!!!

Mondays/friday nights usally work?

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tuesdays and Wednesdays are best for me, I typically always have them off, though Sundays work too (I work very early shifts on Sundays, and I'm usually out after noon). So my vote would still go to Sunday, as for which Sunday of the month, I can care less. I would have to suggest, however, that if we do anything on Sundays, it should include being able to watch Football, at least the Seahawks. I'll live without it, but it would definitely be a nice addition, and I'm aware it won't be possible at some places we end up going. I would suggest a Seahawks game for one of our meetings, but tickets will probably be impossible to come by...

so yeah... my vote = Sunday! Don't care if it's first or last, or w/e

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Tuesdays and Wednesdays are best for me, I typically always have them off, though Sundays work too (I work very early shifts on Sundays, and I'm usually out after noon). So my vote would still go to Sunday, as for which Sunday of the month, I can care less. I would have to suggest, however, that whatever we do on Sundays, it should include being able to watch Football, at least the Seahawks. I'll live without it, but it would definitely be a nice addition, and I'm aware it won't be possible at some places we end up going. I would suggest a Seahawks game for one of our meetings, but tickets will probably be impossible to come by...

so yeah... my vote = Sunday! Don't care if it's first or last, or w/e

+1 for Seahawks watching venues!

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    +1 for Seahawks watching venues!

FYI I'm 20, so bars don't work unless it's during the day at any place that allows minors... though I have no idea what's in Seattle when it comes to that, except maybe... Gameworks! :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    GameRabbitGameRabbit Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Saturday, preferably later in the day. I'm a 9-5er

GameRabbit on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    We should totally have some kind of get together during the Child’s Play dinner.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ty1012Ty1012 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm gonna be at Aki Matsuri in Bellevue tomorrow if anyone else might be. Twitter me up if you are

Ty1012 on
  • Options
    frecklefreckle Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sunday seems best to me. Maybe last of the month, since we've already missed the first for September.

There are always so many other things going on Friday/Saturday, that there's just too much competition plus bars and restaurants are so crowded. Sunday is still the weekend, so regular work week people could come to day time type events, and night time is the same as any other night expect you get a few days to rest up and prepare.

freckle on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ty1012 wrote: »
    I'm gonna be at Aki Matsuri in Bellevue tomorrow if anyone else might be. Twitter me up if you are

Random meet ups like this really should be in the other thread, which can be found here.

Snickers on
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Does it always have to be the same day? If there is a different person organizing every month, then shouldn't they get to pick which day? I guess it might be easier to have one set day, but that sucks for the people who could never make it.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Does it always have to be the same day? If there is a different person organizing every month, then shouldn't they get to pick which day? I guess it might be easier to have one set day, but that sucks for the people who could never make it.

With a different person organizing every month, I think you are also thinking of the other thread :P

But I do agree that it would suck if someone could never make it when its on the same day every month. I think we can be flexible, maybe a different day on the weekend every month. Its something to discuss for sure.

Snickers on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Snickers wrote: »

With a different person organizing every month, I think you are also thinking of the other thread :P

heh, sorry, dim haze of paxSARS.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

heh, sorry, dim haze of paxSARS.

Heh, no worries, paxSARS missed me, so I get to take care of you all :D

Snickers on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Chicken Soup FTW

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    dovirstrgndovirstrgn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Vote now for what day of the month you want the events to be on!

Last Saturday of each month. Saturdays are good.

A CHALLENGER APPEARS!

dovirstrgn on
  • Options
    ShaukShauk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    make it 1st saturday of every month, my last saturdays are spoken for by a certain club night.

Shauk on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ...wow why not just make a new date each month? tons of peoples weekends shift if they are available or not

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i may also grace everyone with my presence at Dick's tonight. I'll be wearing jeans and a Science! t-shirt for anyone who doesn't recognise me by face (most of you, i suspect)

ashridah on
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    First month we do it: thursday, second month: friday, third month: saturday, fourth month: sunday, fifth month: thursday... would something like that work?

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    j0z1ej0z1e Shuffles the FailNinja Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Once I am moved to WA in November I am so up for this, any day any place!

j0z1e on
    PAX East '12: Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane [ ] Time Off [N/A yet]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    First month we do it: thursday, second month: friday, third month: saturday, fourth month: sunday, fifth month: thursday... would something like that work?

I could agree with something like that

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
This discussion has been closed.