As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let There Be Rock Band 2!

• Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It seems mandatory that everyone in the room sing the chorus for Livin on a Prayer and Eye of the Tiger.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Livin' On A Prayer is fucking mandatory.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    ShankusuShankusu __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    you should have seen the guys face when i picked hangar 18 on expert and then played the first minute with my back turned to the screen and didnt miss a note

you could see that he knew he wasnt the stud he thought he was

i need to buy guitar hero 2 for the treesixty. it has crazy on you and that means its the best music game

Shankusu on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I keep meaning to pick up GH1/2 for 360. I want to see if I can play Freebird on Expert now.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    ShankusuShankusu __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    the reason i could play hangar 18 for the first minute without looking at the screen was because it took me like four solid months to beat that song and i had that shit MEMORIZED

but crazy on you is such a good fucking song and i want it on rock band

Shankusu on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My favorite moment was either playing drums on the middle and having my little brother fuck up on vocals so he just held the microphone to my mouth while I sang and got a perfect on drums and vocals

Or when I 100% vocalled Rob the Prez-o-dent on a sightread.

I grin like an idiot every time I play the Middle.
    It is seriously one of my favorite songs of all time period.
    It's just so fucking honest and happy.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have a mic-stand as part of my Rock Band setup

we were playing Creep and I was on hard drums

the vocalist got a phonecall that he apparently had to take right as the song started so I yanked the micstand down to my mouth and did both without hesitating

the vocalist got really pissed off for some reason

YaYa on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Shankusu wrote: »
    you should have seen the guys face when i picked hangar 18 on expert and then played the first minute with my back turned to the screen and didnt miss a note

i need to buy guitar hero 2 for the treesixty. it has crazy on you and that means its the best music game

Crazy On You and Even Rats are the best songs yet

#pipe on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There are times when I seriously consider buying a PS2 and Guitar Hero again just for Even Rats. Luckily the weekly DLC keeps that urge in check.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My favorite Rock Band moment was my friend took the mic for All The Small Things for the first time. He is a huge Blink 182 fan, and kind of notorious for not being a great singer. We're all doing pretty well on the song, until the nanaa-nana part came up.

For some reason, he loses all sense of rhythm and volume at the same time and starts yelling something like
    NA NA ...NANANA... NAAA... NANA! NA! ...NAA

Everyone else in the band doubled over laughing, the rock meters all plummeted, and he stood there wondering why his rock-out was interrupted

Airking850 on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2009
    aggggggh I had my worst night drumming in a long time

at one point I know I could have passed Down With The Sickness on expert drums but tonight I tried two notes and threw the sticks down and restarted on hard because my brain wouldn't process what it was seeing

I think it's a combination of trying to play with cymbals and not playing for a week or so

i get that all the time. usually after playing a few songs

like i'll see the notes and think "i know i can play this just fine" but then i just end up fumbling the drum sticks around and kicking randomly at the bass pedal

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2009
    Airking850 wrote: »
    My favorite Rock Band moment was my friend took the mic for All The Small Things for the first time. He is a huge Blink 182 fan, and kind of notorious for not being a great singer.

that's appropriate, because Tom DeLonge is also an awful singer

what's worse is that i can't pass that song at all

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Shankusu wrote: »

i really wish Harmonix would get all the songs from Guitar Hero 1 and 2 and put them in Rock Band

1 had the best track list out of any of the GH/RB games. even as covers

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    doublehawk00doublehawk00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    all my friends are good at music games

that helps you realize that being good at them is not that special

doublehawk00 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    i like playing drums because it helps with dexterity

guitar's whatever

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    i've been in an All American Rejects mood so I downloaded Dirty Little Secret and Move Along

why is move along so hard on drums

why are the hard and expert notelists completely different

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2009
    move along is an abortion on drums

I mean it's one thing to be hard but it's an entirely different thing to actively make the drums sound like shit

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    i don't think it's that bad on expert drums. i mean, i can't play it, but it looks like it matches up with the song

i was practicing it on expert (can't get it at 100% speed) and then said "maybe i should try playing it on hard before trying to beat it on expert" and hard is like completely different

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I four starred Go With The Flow last night on expert drums

I'm quite pleased with myself.

#pipe on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I 4 starred Young Man Blues and Won't Get Fooled Again on Expert Drums today

And then my limbs fell off

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I can't manage anything with 16ths on the highhats

I turn into a retard with the kick

#pipe on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I played a bunch of songs on expert

Fuck orange crush

The main rolls I can handle but that part in the chorus fucks me up every time.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Keith wrote: »
    i don't think it's that bad on expert drums. i mean, i can't play it, but it looks like it matches up with the song

i was practicing it on expert (can't get it at 100% speed) and then said "maybe i should try playing it on hard before trying to beat it on expert" and hard is like completely different

no I mean like I don't like the way the drum part in the song sounds

it's possibly entirely irrational but still

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I swear to god, one of these days I'm going to gold star Won't Get Fooled Again on expert drums.

I'm like 24k away right now

Airking850 on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man forget gold-starring songs on expert drums by yourself.

5 stars is good enough for me.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i enjoy medium difficulty

However I do not enjoy my guitar, which is already breaking even though I've only had it for two whole days! Thanks a lot Harmonix

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I've gold starred more songs on expert drums than I have on expert guitar, I think. On the easier drum songs I can get into a rhythm and get some really long streaks, but on guitar I always fuck up on something simple. Any time I FC something or get 100% on a guitar solo I get confused.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    hey who wants to play some RB2 with me I have just started drinking and I would like to rock out.

I promise to take my cock out.

also I just told my cat that daddy drinks because she cries.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It has been shamefully long since I have partaken in drunk Rock Banding.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    do you have a band already or do you want to join one I make? I hate that they won't let me use Cocksure as my real band, it's not offensive the pricks

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It has been shamefully long since I have partaken in drunk Rock Banding.

This happens to be my plan tonight. Though sadly my fellow band folk are my 18 year old sister and her 17 year old friend.

Okay, maybe the drunk bit is a bad idea.

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Whichever, I've just got the game loaded up right now while I finish reading Anjin's incredible find so far.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I will make us a band! We shall be named 'Because You Cry'

ant I will add you and if you want to join later let me know

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    what instruments are you guys playing

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Two guitars right now sir.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    welp it's too late for drums and vocals here, so I'm out

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, I was at Fry's today and I saw a portable drum kit, which would've been perfect for where I live now

but it was also $60, waaay out of my budget

Moriveth on
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Man, I was at Fry's today and I saw a portable drum kit, which would've been perfect for where I live now

but it was also $60, waaay out of my budget

Do you mean something like this? It's an interesting idea. I wonder how good it feels to actually play on.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    IGN reviewed the portable kit and it performed pretty well actually.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So when you play online with other people, do you all have to use the same difficulty level?

Cuz I'd totally be down for playing with you guys, but I'm basically terrible and can't/won't learn to play anything more difficult then medium.

Clint Eastwood on
This discussion has been closed.