As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] - Wheel of Time : Game over! Black Ajah eliminated. The White Tower stands!

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I haven't done any epic reveal ratings© in a while. They've been mostly 1s and 2s since Dr. Horrible.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    warban wrote: »
    Guess what time it isn't....

Copyright infringement time?

As if you're the first to Epic Reveal.

:P

LaOs on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Na, I just wanted to say it, Iv got nothing.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    LaOs wrote: »

But "Guess what time it is?" and all variations thereof are my lines.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Phalla's all about exploiting trademarks.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Whats the time Mr.Roo?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited September 2008

If you say so :P

(I realised that I'm not actually posting in the TF2 Thread, and instead posting in the WoT Thread, so I'm going to stop. Sorry players.)

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

(I realised that I'm not actually posting in the TF2 Thread, and instead posting in the WoT Thread, so I'm going to stop. Sorry players.)

I wondered what you were doing in here.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I keep forgetting you're helping Ryadic with this...

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    13 minutes left for voting and PMs.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh wow, I do not like this reverse bandwagon.
    JPants wrote: »
    I'll go with !Thetheroo because i too like epic reveals!
    <3
    Arasaki wrote: »
    !Thetheroo because epic reveals make me laugh.

<3

Nothin' but love roo. I dislike day 1 bandwagons and i'm pretty sure you're safe today.

JPants on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    <3

<3

Nothin' but love roo. I dislike day 1 bandwagons and i'm pretty sure you're safe today.

Meaning that he killed you.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    <3

<3

if roo comes up dead, i find this very suspicious
    am i doin it right?

JPants on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    <3

<3

if roo comes up dead, i find this very suspicious
    am i doin it right?

I think so. 8-)

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Voting is closed. Please stand by for results and then for narration from LaOs. PMs will be sent out tomorrow morning. I will post in the thread when they've gone out.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Night One

The Hall was quiet when the last of the Sisters filtered in. Predictably, the different Ajahs huddled together and kept their distance from one another. Icy glares flew from group to group. A Yellow even sniffed as the Greens moved by her to sit at their bench.

Quick as a flash, one of the men following the Green Sisters growled at the Yellow and reached for his sword. The weapon stopped halfway out of its scabbard when the Keeper rose to her feet and shouted.

“STOP!” Never taking her eyes off the Green Sister nearest the Warder, the Keeper motioned for the other Ajahs to take their seats. “Sister… control yourself and your Warders. The Blacks may be among us but I will not let a man shed the blood of any Aes Sedai in this room.” The red shawl danced on her shoulders as the Keeper turned back to the podium. “We will begin now, Sisters.”

The Greens, huddled together near the back bench, looked to the group of Warders standing along the back wall by the door and nodded. One of the men bowed his head slightly and slipped out of the room, closing the door quietly behind him.

Waiting until all of the women gathered were paying attention, the Keeper grabbed the podium and spoke again. “There is no point delaying. The existence of a Black Ajah has been confirmed. We all mourn the loss of our Sisters who tried to stop those who fled, but we must remain strong in our determination. The Reds have hunted the dangerous tainted men for years and are stronger for it. The Tower, too, will survive this hunt. We must remain true to our dedication to fight evil—we cannot let the traitors damage our reputation. Tonight we start down the road and cannot pause for rest until we are victorious. So, Sisters, we must put it to the vote. Who have you found suspicious, and why? Tonight we choose one of our own. I pray we choose wisely.”

As soon as the Keeper was seated again, several Sisters began to level accusations and try to make a case for their target. Stilling was something horrible that was never talked about, but the threat of the Black Ajah tainting the glory of the White Tower seemed to overrule many of the ancient unwritten rules.

Several targets appeared to be favourable targets as the debates raged on, but a wave of support eventually would save one woman and push another into the spotlight. Finally, the Keeper called an end to the arguing, announcing that a common target had been all but agreed upon by the majority of the gathered Sisters.

warban, a quiet Brown Sister, was called to the open space and made to kneel before the Keeper. “You have been chosen, Sister.” The Keeper’s voice was cold. “Prepare yourself.”

The gathered Sisters stood, ignoring warban’s cries for mercy, and formed a ring around the kneeling woman. The cries soon became frightened wails for help, but the only others could hear were the Warders, and their blank stares betrayed no sign of pity.

Suddenly, the wails stopped. For a moment, the room was deathly silent. Then, slowly, warban began to sob. Turning away from the kneeling woman, the other Sisters began to file out of the room, careful to never look at warban and trying in vain to ignore her sobs. As the last Warder closed the door behind him, the Keeper was heard speaking to the former Aes Sedai.

“Get up off the floor. You have lost the Power; salvage your dignity.”

The door slid shut and warban was never seen by anyone in the Tower again.

The rain was light that morning, but the grey skies seemed cold. Stoking the fire, the Keeper turned, the Power suddenly flowing through her, when the door to her office opened. When she saw who it was, she sighed and released the Power. Crossing the room, she carefully sat at her desk before asking the Warder for his report.

“Three more this morning. minigunwielder and Thetheroo were both found in their rooms. The Brown was frozen stiff in her bed while the White was found bent over her dresser without a mark on her body.”

Nodding slowly, the Keeper made a quick gesture with her hand, telling the man to continue with his report.

“Finally,” he said, “a Grey sister, TheLawinator was found in the courtyard outside the kitchens. She had been slashed on each arm and impaled by a strong blade from behind. No one has claimed to have heard any commotion.”

“Hmm. minigunwielder and Thetheroo were more than likely attacked with the Power, but we will be able to confirm that later. TheLawinator, however… that is interesting.” Standing from her desk, the Keeper turned to a window. Resting on the sill, she looked back at the man standing in front of her desk. “Your Greens have decided to take it upon themselves to find our quarry, have they? I can’t say that I blame them, although I don’t like the idea of one Ajah turning on the others like this. Pah! We need as many weapons as we can muster if we are to have any hope of finding and stopping the Black Sisters here in the tower…”

The Keeper turned back to face the Warder and took two steps towards him. She smiled to see his hand go quickly to his sword. “You can return to your Aes Sedai now. Tell the Greens that I am willing to ignore their actions during this crisis, but they are not to think for a moment that I will allow this sort of behaviour when this is through. We will do what we must to stop the Black Ajah, but I will not allow the Tower to be consumed completely by chaos. Go. Now.”
    ==========
    Night 1 Deaths:
    warban - Brown Ajah - Stilled
    Thetheroo - Brown Ajah - Killed by Black Ajah
    minigunwielder - White Ajah - Killed by Black Ajah
    TheLawinator - Grey Ajah - Killed by Warder

LaOs on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man I love night one when nobody knows what the hell is going in and people die senselessly. IT IS AWESOME

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    OooOoOOoOoOo

Well I knew that was going to happen.

OoOOoOoOooO

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, At least i have my dignity. And am not dead.
    Sucks to be all of you guys. I get to live!

Goodbye. :P

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD FFFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKIIIIIINNNNNNGGGG DDDDAAAAAMMMMMMIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tacos tacos tacos tacos let me see you pop my taco.

Goose! on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So Greens can vig kill with Warders at a guess, as there is no warder role?

Arasaki on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, Greens tend to have lots of Warders, so I'm betting it's them as well.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    PMs have been sent out and the OP has been updated.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Extremely URGENT!

For those who know me, you know that I'm not a good liar in phalla and I rarely seek to hurt innocents. Warban sent out a last minute order last night to seer The_Reflection and The_Reflection turned up as The Black Ajah.

If people want to be doubly sure that we get the Black Ajah and kill me thats fine , but please vote

!The_Reflection

as you know us Brown Ajahs are the seers. And i'm the only one left for a reason.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Brown Ajah is screwed then! Public seers?

Anyway, !The_Reflection, pending further information.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Egos wrote: »
    as you know us Brown Ajahs are the seers. And i'm the only one left for a reason.

You know this puts you under heavy suspicion, right?

There is another Brown Sister, I want to hear from The_Reflection about this.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Warban sent in the order for a seer(our group ability) before vote close, and we got the result back and Reflection turned out to be the Black Ajah.

Makes sense considering two Brown Ajahs died tonight. If people want to be safe they can Vigi me.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Egos wrote: »

You know this puts you under heavy suspicion, right?

Thats why I said vigilante me or vote me out afterwards. I wouldn't lie about this and I haven't in the past.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    And it could be that you're the Black Ajah trying to make sure The_Reflection gets killed.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I don't think we need to waste a vig - you're going to get killed by the Black tonight I would imagine. Unless you are guarded, which is possible but unless you have any proof you aren't Black yourself I wouldn't count on it.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    no I don't have any proof other than I wouldn't screw someone over like that and risk getting grudged... I'm unfortunately a borderline emo type player. As some players can probably testify in terms of loyalty.

And I hate using slightly metagamey logic .. but thats really all I have in terms of defense.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hm.

I'll leave my vote for now, but deep down I'm hoping there are seers within other Ajah's or we are pretty fucked.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the_reflection then. For some reason, nobody ever seems to do one of these accusations falsely as a bad guy- I guess I'll continue to trust in that fact.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Since I have to go to class, I'll give a breakdown of what happened
    we found out we are all Brown Ajahs

Tuesday
    The_Reflection pms us all saying he sent in a seer for The_Lawinator
    Warban responds back that we should make sure our group is clean, he suggests thetheroo for first seer target
    I send in pm agreeing with his logic
    The_Reflection agrees with thetheroo as a seer target
    TheTheRoo Agrees

Today
    Ryadic sends me pm, saying warban put that he wanted his seer at 59 minutes in (so minute away from close) on
    The_Reflection.

The pm tells me that the The_Reflection is the Black Ajah.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Before I forget, I'm just going to sit here and laugh at Thetheroo for a few minutes.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That was really gutsy of Warban. I'm impressed! :^:

El Skid on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    El Skid wrote: »

Yeah, nice move on his part for certain.

I'll choose to trust Egos on this one.

!LaOs

!The_Reflection

I'm of the opinion we need to guard Egos tonight. If The_Reflection is the mole in that group then it would be silly to kill off our last seer just to prove he's innocent. And if Reflection turns up innocent it'll be easy enough to vig or vote Egos out tomorrow.

However, assuming he's telling the truth, we'll come out of this with a guaranteed seer for as long we can keep him guarded.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    El Skid wrote: »

Yeah, nice move on his part for certain.

I'll choose to trust Egos on this one.

!LaOs

!The_Reflection

I'm of the opinion we need to guard Egos tonight. If The_Reflection is the mole in that group then it would be silly to kill off our last seer just to prove he's innocent. And if Reflection turns up innocent it'll be easy enough to vig or vote Egos out tomorrow.

However, assuming he's telling the truth, we'll come out of this with a guaranteed seer for as long we can keep him guarded.

What's to say they aren't both Black Ajah? We don't know how many Black Ajah there are, or what percentage of each group they might be.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, worth a shot anyways. !The_Reflection for now, unless new information appears.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat