As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My Name is [Chat]

• Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    Trying not to clutter up H/A, and the Google just returns a bunch of "SELL UR CAR NOW" websites:

How exactly do I legally sell a car that I own? The registration is in my name, I have insurance for it, and I don't owe any money. I completely own this car. What exactly is the procedure, what kind of paperwork do I have to fill out (if any), and where do I do that?

You should have a title for the car, there is a part on the title where you can sign the car over to someone else, you sign they sign you take it down to a place that would issue tabs pay 20 bucks and they now own the car (at least thats how you do it in washington).
    A title, eh?

I'm hoping that's in the glove compartment, 'cause I don't have anything to that effect in my paperwork folder. :X

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fuck everyone who lives in a good country. I have to come up with the money for my tuition tomorrow, which is just shy of $3,000 for the quarter.

Where does that money go? Do we have big fucking american knowledge machines with cowboy hats and cheesburgers? Well, the football team has an indoor practice arena. Christ.

TL DR on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    SOMEONE SHOULD BE WATCHING ROME

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Fuck everyone who lives in a good country. I have to come up with the money for my tuition tomorrow, which is just shy of $3,000 for the quarter.

Where does that money go? Do we have big fucking american knowledge machines with cowboy hats and cheesburgers? Well, the football team has an indoor practice arena. Christ.
    $5,305 if the school I was going to apply to had room for me. In-state tuition is only $2,175, but hilariously enough, I'm not considered a citizen of any state of the United States for the purposes of in-state tuitions.

Hilarious, I know.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    TREMBLE FEEBLE MORTALS, FOR I HAVE RETURNED

...from playing a nice game of Warmachine at a friend's place.

Echo on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Trying not to clutter up H/A, and the Google just returns a bunch of "SELL UR CAR NOW" websites:

How exactly do I legally sell a car that I own? The registration is in my name, I have insurance for it, and I don't owe any money. I completely own this car. What exactly is the procedure, what kind of paperwork do I have to fill out (if any), and where do I do that?

You should have a title for the car, there is a part on the title where you can sign the car over to someone else, you sign they sign you take it down to a place that would issue tabs pay 20 bucks and they now own the car (at least thats how you do it in washington).
    A title, eh?

I'm hoping that's in the glove compartment, 'cause I don't have anything to that effect in my paperwork folder. :X

The BMV in the state where the car is registered is your destination then. Look forward to a small but pointless fee.

Why are you selling it?

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    TREMBLE FEEBLE MORTALS, FOR I HAVE RETURNED

...from playing a nice game of Warmachine at a friend's place.

HIDE YOUR COOKIES PEOPLE

tyrannus on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

A title, eh?

How did you buy the car? You might not even be the registered owner.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

$5,305 if the school I was going to apply to had room for me. In-state tuition is only $2,175, but hilariously enough, I'm not considered a citizen of any state of the United States for the purposes of in-state tuitions.

Hilarious, I know.

Um, neither am I. Most anyone who's moved from one state to another in the last year would be considered out of state for tuition purposes.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Why are you selling it?
    The only places in this country where I could ever peacefully live out my life are also places where it's not necessary to own a car.

The only thing preventing me from leaving North Carolina is the lack of liquid capital, which is very difficult to acquire against my monthly bills + the availability of work here and the low value of the dollar versus where I would be moving (it's a difference of $2-3 in minimum wage, for instance).

Selling the car nixes some bills while providing the start-up to transplant myself somewhere that I could attempt to live.

Is it without risk? Of course it's not without risk.

Does it appear to be my best option at this point? Yes.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Hilarious, I know.

Um, neither am I. Most anyone who's moved from one state to another in the last year would be considered out of state for tuition purposes.
    Yes, because they require ridiculous things like 18 months of continuous residence. Which is bullshit. I'm not saying it's unique that this bullshit applies to me, simply that the system is fucking retarded.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Where you planning on migrating to?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm not considered a citizen of any state of the United States for the purposes of in-state tuitions.

Oboro, you and I... we are citizens of the cosmos

for proper effect imagine me standing beside you, one arm across your shoulders, my other arm gesturing grandiosely skyward.

cosmoooooooooooos

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yes, because they require ridiculous things like 18 months of continuous residence. Which is bullshit. I'm not saying it's unique that this bullshit applies to me, simply that the system is fucking retarded.

Word. Many states also have rules that say you can't move to the state for the purpose of going to school there, or else you pay out-of-state-tuition. Which is also stupid.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Shit, guys, shit. Shit.

I'm reading Rise of Endymion right now, the fourth book in the Hyperion series. In the books, humanity left earth because it was destroyed in "The Big Mistake of '08" (It's been non-specific as to the century, but that doesn't matter), when scientists dropped a black hole into the Earth's core.

And LHC gets turned on for reals tomorrow, right? And they say it'll create black holes, right? And it's 2008, right?

Shit, guys, the end! It has been foretold!

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    It's probably going to be greater Seattle area. This is the greatest place in the universe to me. I have an irrational love for New Jersey, but a very real one for Seattle.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    tyrannus wrote: »

eeeee I was doing cover letters

Medopine on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Shit, guys, shit. Shit.

I'm reading Rise of Endymion right now, the fourth book in the Hyperion series. In the books, humanity left earth because it was destroyed in "The Big Mistake of '08" (It's been non-specific as to the century, but that doesn't matter), when scientists dropped a black in into the Earth's core.

And LHC gets turned on for reals tomorrow, right? And they say it'll create black holes, right? And it's 2008, right?

ZOMG

(You know it's perfectly safe right)

(And by perfectly safe I mean OH GOD WE'RE GONNA DIE)

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    I'm not considered a citizen of any state of the United States for the purposes of in-state tuitions.

Oboro, you and I... we are citizens of the cosmos

for proper effect imagine me standing beside you, one arm across your shoulders, my other arm gesturing grandiosely skyward.

cosmoooooooooooos
    ... does this mean that it's not interracial sex when we do it?

Because I was sort of looking forward to it being interracial sex when we did it.

Or like, since you're a cosmic panther, and I'm a cosmic lungfish, is it still interracial?

Does it somehow become incest?

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's probably going to be greater Seattle area. This is the greatest place in the universe to me. I have an irrational love for New Jersey, but a very real one for Seattle.

cosmooooooooooooos

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »

eeeee I was doing cover letters

that's stupid

ur a maget

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

cosmooooooooooooos
    Hey! S-stop that!

Stop that!

Hey!!

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Or like, since you're a cosmic panther, and I'm a cosmic lungfish, is it still interracial?

No, no spirit animal sex, that's way too furry for me.
    Jaguar, not panther

Feral on

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ZOMG

I'm not worried. Not at all.
    Shit.Shit.Shit.Shit.Shit.Shit.
    Seriously, though. They thought setting off a nuke would start an unending chain reaction that would destroy the Earth. I'm cool with this thing.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

No, no spirit animal sex, that's way too furry for me.
    Jaguar, not panther

Makes sense. Panthers are so ethnic

TL DR on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    coooosmooooooos

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I hate having a cold/sore throat. No matter what I drink, nothing feels "clean" or cuts through that mucasy feeling in my throat. I've tried water, root beer, theraflu and red wine. Ugh.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    coooosmooooooos

*gestures grandly*

coooooossssmoooooooooooos

Feral on

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2008
    I am so disappointed that Rome, like many other shows, isn't out on Bluray, yet.

The TV selection for it, overall, is horrid.

I'm already getting sleepy, but luckily, I have no homework due tomorrow.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Shit, guys, shit. Shit.

I'm reading Rise of Endymion right now, the fourth book in the Hyperion series. In the books, humanity left earth because it was destroyed in "The Big Mistake of '08" (It's been non-specific as to the century, but that doesn't matter), when scientists dropped a black in into the Earth's core.

ZOMG

You said the same thing about razor blade anal sex...

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Okay, I got the title.

... expectedly, my father never took it out of his name when I paid him for it a few years back.

Welp. :|

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Okay, I got the title.

... expectedly, my father never took it out of his name when I paid him for it a few years back.

Welp. :|

Nice.

Feral on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    I think you have to get the title notarized when he signs it over to you and then you'd have to get it registered. Can he sell it for you instead?

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I think you have to get the title notarized when he signs it over to you and then you'd have to get it registered. Can he sell it for you instead?
    It'd be fantastic if he agreed to that, but I doubt he's going to be aces on losing his homemaker and letting them get away with the better car. He'll probably try and pull a switch on me, offering the older Avalon in exchange for the Camry.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, no point stewing on things. I'm not some fucking H/A poster. I'll go bring it up. Stay tuned!!

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It'd be fantastic if he agreed to that, but I doubt he's going to be aces on losing his homemaker and letting them get away with the better car. He'll probably try and pull a switch on me, offering the older Avalon in exchange for the Camry.

If you have the title you can get it in your name, He just has to sign the little fucker.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This show Skins is fucking brilliant. Anyone else watch it?

JPants on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2008
    JPants wrote: »
    This show Skins is fucking brilliant. Anyone else watch it?

I wanted to, but I don't get BBC America at school like I did at home. :(

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm going to take this chance to brag that Nas will be playing here at Brandeis on Saturday.

8-)

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    So it's 100% okay for me to disappear for months at a time with the car, but he's not okay with me selling it.

Fucking Christ. This is seriously not the kind of fucking bullshit that is acceptable. It's not acceptable. I cannot live with bullshit like this. I cannot live. I can't have fucking forward motion with this man standing in the middle of the fucking road.

Oboro on
    words
This discussion has been closed.