As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Diplomacy - Franco-German Tie

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I apologize. I had some totally unexpected shit go down tonight IRL that probably isn't going to be over for the next couple of hours, at least (it's 3:15am my time).

Thanatos on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    MrMister: In order to reduce confusion, updates will no longer occur early if everyone gets their emails in to me before the deadline. Instead, every update will be right on the deadline, at 10 UTC. That means every turn is 24 hours long, including winter.
    Thanatos: A few hours is fine; we probably won't be restarting until tomorrow at the earliest, since it's pretty late my time. Just so long as you think you'll be able to make the deadlines, you're fine.
    Mad Jazz: If none of the current players drop out, there is one open country in the form of Austria-Hungary, but I'm afraid they're not in a very good position. You can take them over, if you want, but you'll have a hard time catching up, unless you're fortuitous in your alliances.

Aroused Bull on
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Shit shit, sorry guys. I was up til 4 am working on stuff, I just flat out forgot about this. I really need to get back to a regular work schedule.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • nindustrialnindustrial Word Typer Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Well, I'm still in, and I'm also open to anything people suggest to keep the game together (like the weekend thing). Whatever works - I've been having fun so far.

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
  • Mad JazzMad Jazz gotta go fast AustinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I don't mind taking over a country in a difficult position if that's what you need to keep the game rolling, what with already having had someone drop out. Just let me know so I can take some time to get familiar with the rules and plot my miraculous victory.

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited October 2006
    I take it from Neaden's continued silence that he's not checking the thread, and therefore may not have time to make moves either. If you're reading this Neaden, please post.
    Mad Jazz, I'll PM you the password to Austria's account as soon as I get it off Senjutsu.
    If we switch over to a regular 24 hour schedule and no moves on weekends, is everyone going to be able to make their turns? Do we need longer turns? We could do 48 hours, but it would slow the game down a lot, of course.

Aroused Bull on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I can move on pretty much any schedule so long as I actually know what it is =P

MrMister on
    edited October 2006
    24 hour turns are fine with me, as long as I don't have any more projects that require me working until 4 in the morning, which I don't think I should.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Yeah I'm still in, sorry just bene very busy latley. I'm still confused about which countries are now unoccupied and which are transfering over and such. Also is are orders due tonight?

Neaden on
    edited October 2006
    Neaden wrote:
    Yeah I'm still in, sorry just bene very busy latley. I'm still confused about which countries are now unoccupied and which are transfering over and such. Also is are orders due tonight?
    No, we're still working things out. Mad Jazz is taking over Austria.

Aroused Bull on
    edited October 2006
    I'm still game for anything; either length of time for turns is fine by me. No weekend moves is also fine by me if you guys want.

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
    edited October 2006
    I'm still game for anything; either length of time for turns is fine by me. No weekend moves is also fine by me if you guys want.
    Same here.

There's no reason I shouldn't be able to make future turns every day, assuming no further best friends get told that they have one day to pack up their entire life and move, with zero warning.

Thanatos on
    edited October 2006
    I should be ok moving every day, given a set schedule.

I'm having problems viewing the current map, though, which will make things more difficult. Also, send me all of your intrigues, people!

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited October 2006
    Okay, the map has been sent to those who can't see it, sufficient time has been given for Mad Jazz to settle in to his role, it's the right time of day for a 24 hour turn to finish on the deadline, and the stars are aligned. Fall 1905 begins now.

Aroused Bull on
    edited October 2006
    Updated.

Aroused Bull on
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sorry, real life issues kept me away from the computer.

Neaden on
    edited October 2006
    Hmm, things are not looking good for the ol' Italian War Machine.

Also: BUMP.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2006
    Bump for the update.

Aroused Bull on
  • #14#14 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I really want to try this game. I have never played before but I think I will love it.

#14 on
    edited October 2006
    Just make sure you keep up with everything, because once you get into a bad situation, you'll have to do some fancy maneuvering to dodge rape on all sides.

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited October 2006
    After this game, I'm sure we'll have another you can get in on. I intend to play myself.

Aroused Bull on
    edited October 2006
    Out of curiousity, Kayne and Nindustrial -- were you two planning on carving me up around turn 3-6 or so?

Thanatos on
  • #14#14 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    After this game, I'm sure we'll have another you can get in on. I intend to play myself.

cool.

#14 on
    edited October 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Out of curiousity, Kayne and Nindustrial -- were you two planning on carving me up around turn 3-6 or so?

Not at all actually. We allied after a bit only to attempt a stop to the growing France/Germany juggernaut; didn't work, obviously, hahaha. There was no direct discussion or plan for specifically knocking you out and dividing your land up between us - just a general resistance together with other Eastern powers.

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
    edited October 2006

I might be willing to adjudicate it. I enjoyed this a lot, but I don't know if I'd be willing to jump into another game again. I'll have to make sure that I have time.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2006
    I would surely be interested in playing again if there's room for me, and was even considering adjucating if it came to that. I've certainly had a lot of fun so far and learned a lot about playing, hahaha.

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'd be interested in playing a country from the start.

Also worth considering is Colonial Diplomacy.

MrMister on
    edited October 2006
    A correction - Russia has not actually officially resigned as of yet.

Aroused Bull on
  • GT RacerGT Racer Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I am *always* down for a game of diplo.

If you guys need a player for a new game that you can count on to check emails every morning, I'm your guy.

GT Racer on
    edited October 2006
    I'd love to play a country from the start, so if you need someone else to play...

Mad Jazz on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited October 2006
    Thus fell Italy.

Aroused Bull on
    edited October 2006
    No big surprise there. Those turns I missed earlier really screwed me over.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
    edited October 2006
    Bump for 1909.

Aroused Bull on
    edited October 2006
    Wait, so why wasn't the Ionian Sea dislodged? I moved in from the Tyrhenian with support from Naples and Tunisia. He held and supported from Greece. That's 3v2, my advantage.

MrMister on
    edited October 2006
    MrMister wrote:
    Wait, so why wasn't the Ionian Sea dislodged? I moved in from the Tyrhenian with support from Naples and Tunisia. He held and supported from Greece. That's 3v2, my advantage.
    RealPolitik says no go. I don't know why. I've double checked the rules, and you should definitely have gotten through. Guess that program gets scrapped.

Aroused Bull on
    edited October 2006
    I'm gonna go ahead and guess that New Zealand doesn't use Daylight Savings Time?

Our clocks moved back an hour last night.

Oh, well.

Thanatos on
    edited October 2006
    We do use daylight saving time, but since it begins at different dates depending on the country, it can't affect the deadline.

Edit: If I'd known America was switching over tonight I would have sent out a reminder.

Aroused Bull on
    edited October 2006
    We do use daylight saving time, but since it begins at different dates depending on the country, it can't affect the deadline.

Edit: If I'd known America was switching over tonight I would have sent out a reminder.

We switched over on Saturday night actually. I was quite surprised this morning to see my universal agressors held at bay once again. I am afraid you will all (minus one) be very sorry if these aggressive moves are not reversed...

nindustrial on
    chstreamsig.jpg
    edited October 2006

Yeah, it's my own fault, and no real harm done.

Thanatos on
    edited October 2006

We switched over on Saturday night actually. I was quite surprised this morning to see my universal agressors held at bay once again. I am afraid you will all (minus one) be very sorry if these aggressive moves are not reversed...
    I think you're saying something else, but all I'm seeing is "invade me! Invade me!" :P

Thanatos on