As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DRAMMA MIA! (blame futility)

• RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    interesting

(not really)

Raneados on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I do not like actors because they are just playing make believe and that is for children!!!

ChicoBlue on
  • seizureorbsseizureorbs Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    well, you asked

seizureorbs on
    eyes.gif
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    futility wrote: »
    no you don't get it

I now think I'm smarter than you because you took up an argument and got all angry about some shitty trolling

So wait...
    Am I to understand you've been trolling all of us this entire time without us realizing it?
    Hmmm.

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    not even futility realized he was trolling

Raneados on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I often bring up my degree when trolling.

Khavall on
  • redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BusterK wrote: »
    no you don't get it

I now think I'm smarter than you because you took up an argument and got all angry about some shitty trolling

So wait...
    Am I to understand you've been trolling all of us this entire time without us realizing it?
    Hmmm.

hahaha

redhead on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    jesus christ, futility

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    totally got most of the theater (musical and otherwise) questions on jeopardy today

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Seriously though, I was worried about going to one of the rocky horror movie nights, but it was actually hella fun.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • iusehappymodiusehappymod Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Theatre is fun, dudes. And not just for fags. Although fags are mighty welcome.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
    An ineffable tragedy of the human spirit that still resonates, even today.
  • Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Seriously though, I was worried about going to one of the rocky horror movie nights, but it was actually hella fun.
    I've never been to one, but I hear that on the third friday of every month they show it a few miles away from where I used to work. Mt brother went to it once, said it was well worth it.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
    edited September 2008

Sometimes it's just for fags.

I MDd a production of Bare last year, and there was a total of 1 straight guy in the cast.

And he played a gay dude.

Khavall on
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey guys is it music or musique? I get confused

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    It's muzak

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
    edited September 2008
    Khavall wrote: »

Sometimes it's just for fags.

I MDd a production of Bare last year, and there was a total of 1 straight guy in the cast.

And he played a gay dude.

Goddamned gay people ruining our theatre.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    trentsteel wrote: »
    I know a girl that does stage plays all year round as well as dinner theatre.

She gives UNEARTHLY blow jobs.
    Good for her. If you ask her, she'll probably tell you that if you want to make it in theater, you've either got to A) be good; B) know the right people; or C) know how to fuck and suck like a champ. Listen to her, because this is the truth.

She has all three covered. As far as I know she's never had to go C
    Oh she's had to go to C. She's had to go to C.

I am late with this, but when I walked to the shops today this really stuck in my head

This is just depressing.

Someone I could very will know, some nice sweer girl I have known since grade school

has had to suck some sweaty, ugly drama shit-heads dick just for a place in a play.

Good god if I ever found out I'd fucking trash the bastard

The Black Hunter on
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    best thing about the theatre world is the hot girls and lack of competition for them

futility on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've seen every high school production of everything ever and they never cease to give me headaches

A Gentleman From Verona(?) and 1984 were pretty good though

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited September 2008
    I know a girl that does stage plays all year round as well as dinner theatre.

She gives UNEARTHLY blow jobs.
    Good for her. If you ask her, she'll probably tell you that if you want to make it in theater, you've either got to A) be good; B) know the right people; or C) know how to fuck and suck like a champ. Listen to her, because this is the truth.

She has all three covered. As far as I know she's never had to go C
    Oh she's had to go to C. She's had to go to C.

I am late with this, but when I walked to the shops today this really stuck in my head

This is just depressing.

Someone I could very will know, some nice sweer girl I have known since grade school

has had to suck some sweaty, ugly drama shit-heads dick just for a place in a play.

Good god if I ever found out I'd fucking trash the bastard
    Why? She never had to suck him off or ride his waves of fat, it was her choice.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    guys were you aware that actors are the opposite of people

Mai-Kero on
    edited September 2008
    I thought actors played people but are people in real life as well.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
    edited September 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I've seen every high school production of everything ever and they never cease to give me headaches

Two Gentlemen From Verona would be a Shakespeare play. Guy tries to seduce and rape is best friends girlfriend. He's forgiven in the last half a page of the play.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Two Gentlemen From Verona would be a Shakespeare play. Guy tries to seduce and rape is best friends girlfriend. He's forgiven in the last half a page of the play.

Yeah, I liked that a lot. I was like 11, though, so I think it was mostly the scenery that got to me.

I have also gone to see a few independent plays at a local venue amateurs can rent out and try to turn a profit with. Most were surreal and dumb, but someone wrote a fantastic play called "Lunch With God" where god was played by a giant, jocular, fat man in a hawaiian shirt and I really liked it.

Also, "Stuck in a Wal-Mart Parking Lot" was a really good amateur production idea

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited September 2008

Yeah, I liked that a lot. I was like 11, though, so I think it was mostly the scenery that got to me.

I have also gone to see a few independent plays at a local venue amateurs can rent out and try to turn a profit with. Most were surreal and dumb, but someone wrote a fantastic play called "Lunch With God" where god was played by a giant, jocular, fat man in a hawaiian shirt and I really liked it.

That sounds hilarious.

Also, "Stuck in a Wal-Mart Parking Lot" was a really good amateur production idea

Well, they say "Write what you know"

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    best thing about the theatre world is the hot girls and lack of competition for them
    Too bad most of them are fucking crazy.

And Mai-Kero gets bonus points for the Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead reference.

Hacksaw on
    edited September 2008
    Too bad most of them are fucking crazy.

And Mai-Kero gets bonus points for the Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead reference.

You just have to not get involved with them. If you state very clearly that you think they are rediculously hot, and you want to bang them, but have no desire for anything else, they're usually very understanding.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Raneados wrote: »
    I'm getting sick, I can feel it

so I am megadosing preventative drugs right now

house-md-promo-season-4_06.jpg

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I got opening night tickets to the opening of the Twyla Tharp produced ballet at the Pacific Northwest Ballet because my company is sponsoring it.

Weaver on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I just got my packet for this place
    http://www.santamonicaplayhouse.com
    I'm definately going to begin acting workshops there
    But I go with some trepidation

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited September 2008
    neville I am pretty much just like house

megadosing

bad leg

snippy as balls

blue eyes

brown hair

knowing and wise face

no nonsense kind of dude
    I give orders
    I expect them to be seen to

Raneados on
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

megadosing

bad leg

snippy as balls

blue eyes

brown hair

knowing and wise face

no nonsense kind of dude
    I give orders

Is this when you compliment me on my rack and try to get me in bed?

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
    edited September 2008
    neville wrote: »

megadosing

bad leg

snippy as balls

blue eyes

brown hair

knowing and wise face

no nonsense kind of dude
    I give orders

Is this when you compliment me on my rack and try to get me in bed?

That depends.

Will that work?

Khavall on
    edited September 2008
    Neville knows all the tricks

BusterK on
    edited September 2008

That much sidescrolling can only mean good things.

I'd be worried about pompous asshattery. People who are fairly certain that they are gods gift to theatre can ruin a workshop, especially if they're the instructor.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
    edited September 2008

I'd be worried about pompous asshattery. People who are fairly certain that they are gods gift to theatre can ruin a workshop, especially if they're the instructor.

Yeah, the guy seems really into it
    But it's the option I can think of

BusterK on
    edited September 2008

Yeah, the guy seems really into it
    But it's the option I can think of

Do it, by all means. Shitfuck gets done if you don't actively pursue training. If you don't like it, you can always back out, and have another theatre story about a lousy director/scene partner.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

In my experience they are all nuts. And I hung around a dance studio for half a decade, at least.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Being the only straight dude around a theatre does not equal hot sexings. All the women are either lesbians, in love with one of the gay guys, or REALLY fucking annoying.

That's been my experience in high school and so far in college, anyway.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Umaro wrote: »
    Being the only straight dude around a theatre does not equal hot sexings. All the women are either lesbians, in love with one of the gay guys, or REALLY fucking annoying.

That's been my experience in high school and so far in college, anyway.

Man, not at all here.

They love the gay guys, thats true, but the gay guys aren't sleeping with them.

So they take their sexual frusteration out on those straight guys in the department who WILL sleep with them.

iusehappymod on

Hamlet will be Hamlet