Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WAR] CE Headstart Now! SE the 16th, launch 18th.

1235763

Posts

  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Until we know the final server list, I don't think anyone can make that decision as of yet. I believe we'll also be scouting to make sure we're not opposite any big guilds.

    mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Uber AbgestopptUber Abgestoppt Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Got my chosen to level 10. Had some fun. I wanna try to find a caster that suits me best. DoK looks very interesting as well.

    Uber Abgestoppt on
    demoman.png
  • AngryAngry Did you come here to kill Or did you come here to dieRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i assume regicidal is regicide?

    haha nice try. there is no running.

    Angry on
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User
    edited September 2008
    You should go DoK, WP are fucking kickass and the mechanic is pretty much exactly the same.

    Except for that whole "I'm a dirty dirty elf" part. Which you'll get over.

    Apparently, I gave up and just went WP.

    meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So... I've been reading up on a few things regarding the whole CE keys, and now I'm starting to get a little worried EA Store might have shafted me... (Again.)

    See, I pre-ordered the SE from EA Store about three weeks ago, and didn't receive my keys. I opened a ticket which was promptly answered promising me I'd get them 10 days from then. 12 days later, I went ahead and opened yet another ticket, saying I still didn't have them. A couple of days before the Open Beta started, I received them... from GoA, and it was an European key. Mind you, I didn't order the European version, nor would I want to. (In fact, I remember trying to register that key in the War-Europe website, and it didn't even allow me to create an account, saying my country was restricted or something.)

    I contacted GoA and they replied, telling me to talk to the retailer instead. Which I did. This time, EA Store apologized and sent me the American version; CE keys, to be exact. It seemed like a way to make amends for all the fuck ups, so I inserted the codes into my Mythic account:

    WARAccount.jpg

    Tonight though, when wondering if I'd get access to those CE in-game items and quests too, I decided to Google for it and promptly stumbled upon several threads in different forums, all claiming you need another key which I don't have. Since I didn't order the retail version, I don't have this "Rave Card" they mentioned, OR a Live key for that matter.

    I logged into EA Store, and under my Purchases, I can see Warhammer Online listed, but there's no key there; in fact, its status is set to "Order Submitted", waiting for the 18th to come out of the Pre-Order period.

    If that information is correct, then not only will I not get the extra in-game items and quests, but most importantly, I WON'T be able to play after the Headstart; which is of course... less than ideal.

    That is... unless the Headstart key and the Live code are one and the same. Could anyone clarify this for me?

    aunsoph on
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User
    edited September 2008
    So great weapons require 20/14.

    My friend's chosen had a two-hander weapon as early as level 4.

    Assuming thats what you mean by "great weapons", which you quite possible are not. :?

    GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • AkiraAkira Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Also pretty sure they added Great Weapons to every tier of Renown weapons in the last patch too so I have no idea what he means.

    Akira on
    akira.gif
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Until we know the final server list, I don't think anyone can make that decision as of yet. I believe we'll also be scouting to make sure we're not opposite any big guilds.

    We actually should be opposite big guilds, as in on the side they're not playing.

    This equates to short scenario queues. Anyone playing Candymancers can attest to that.

    meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Soooo!

    PvPing is pretty frustrating for me! It seems like I am on the losing side wherever I go. I know, I know.

    Still, it seems like people really take 'go for the healers to heart' and most people so far have zero inclination to help protect me (when I am playing my shaman.) In one case, the guy I was healing just decided to run away when I was getting pounded on (how lame is that!)

    INeedNoSalt on
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Soooo!

    PvPing is pretty frustrating for me! It seems like I am on the losing side wherever I go. I know, I know.

    Still, it seems like people really take 'go for the healers to heart' and most people so far have zero inclination to help protect me (when I am playing my shaman.) In one case, the guy I was healing just decided to run away when I was getting pounded on (how lame is that!)

    You must not be grouping or something. Though..even when I'm with pubbies only I get some support on my Warrior Priest. I've found that if people know you're healing them they will verbally thank you and at the very least watch your back a bit. People don't go for WP's at all...it's like they don't know we can heal. I see them go after Rune Priests and Bright Wizards way more. Everybody knows the Shaman is a healer though, might have something to do with that. You're our Rune Priest.

    This goes ten fold for actually grouping with your guildmates. Do that more?

    meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User
    edited September 2008
    I tend to stick near healers when possible on my Magus, not only does it grant me easy access to healing (if they pay attention) but I can do a decent job of protecting them with my PbAoE root and melee snare (and body blocking). Plus they're usually close enough to the battle to let me continue my normal AoE/Single DoT spammage and whatnot.

    GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • simsim Registered User
    edited September 2008
    I'm loving zealot in groups pre-10, but I'm very frustrated at my ability to face any other player solo. Does this get any better later?

    sim on
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    nope, go find someone big and strong and heal them and watch as they ruin worlds for you

    tyrannus on
  • grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    aunsoph wrote: »
    Tonight though, when wondering if I'd get access to those CE in-game items and quests too, I decided to Google for it and promptly stumbled upon several threads in different forums, all claiming you need another key which I don't have. Since I didn't order the retail version, I don't have this "Rave Card" they mentioned, OR a Live key for that matter.

    I logged into EA Store, and under my Purchases, I can see Warhammer Online listed, but there's no key there; in fact, its status is set to "Order Submitted", waiting for the 18th to come out of the Pre-Order period.

    If that information is correct, then not only will I not get the extra in-game items and quests, but most importantly, I WON'T be able to play after the Headstart; which is of course... less than ideal.

    That is... unless the Headstart key and the Live code are one and the same. Could anyone clarify this for me?

    If you got a download only option, they probably won't send those Live keys out until the game is actually released. They are like the activation key you would get in a boxed retail copy on release day. If you ordered a boxed copy from the EA store, the code will be in the box when it arrives. You have until the 22nd to enter that code.

    You already have the CE items by the way. They are the first and last entries on your list.

    grrarg on
    If you play a game and then are able to spend pages debating with someone on the actions of a faction within that game you probably just played a pretty sweet game.
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User
    edited September 2008
    sim wrote: »
    I'm loving zealot in groups pre-10, but I'm very frustrated at my ability to face any other player solo. Does this get any better later?

    A DoK may suit you better for healing and melee survivability. Not that they can go toe to toe with an Ironbreaker or something, but you could probably take out most ranged DPS classes by yourself if they suck.

    meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    All Zealots die alone. The tricky bit is to make sure that you're the one who dies in bed, hugging his pet skull.

    I haven't quite worked it out yet, but mostly all you can do is run around screaming and flailing your arms like a little girl as you spam shields, hots, direct heals and detaunts on yourself until whomever scared you gets bored or shoves an arm and a leg through your colon. Being a lone zealot is not pretty, but at least there are some defensive abilities in the early lineup.

    Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    grrarg wrote: »
    If you got a download only option, they probably won't send those Live keys out until the game is actually released. They are like the activation key you would get in a boxed retail copy on release day. If you ordered a boxed copy from the EA store, the code will be in the box when it arrives. You have until the 22nd to enter that code.

    You already have the CE items by the way. They are the first and last entries on your list.

    Wait, so if you put in the head start code, you don't need the activation key from the boxed copy until the 22nd?

    Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: ArthilCwcuLUM.jpg
  • grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    meatflower wrote: »
    A DoK may suit you better for healing and melee survivability. Not that they can go toe to toe with an Ironbreaker or something, but you could probably take out most ranged DPS classes by yourself if they suck.

    If it is 1v1, a DoK should be able to kill an Ironbreaker easily. DoKs and WPs can just keep HoTs running and use melee heals to outlast pretty much any melee until -healing debuffs and knockdowns start coming into play.

    grrarg on
    If you play a game and then are able to spend pages debating with someone on the actions of a faction within that game you probably just played a pretty sweet game.
  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    grrarg wrote: »
    aunsoph wrote: »
    Tonight though, when wondering if I'd get access to those CE in-game items and quests too, I decided to Google for it and promptly stumbled upon several threads in different forums, all claiming you need another key which I don't have. Since I didn't order the retail version, I don't have this "Rave Card" they mentioned, OR a Live key for that matter.

    I logged into EA Store, and under my Purchases, I can see Warhammer Online listed, but there's no key there; in fact, its status is set to "Order Submitted", waiting for the 18th to come out of the Pre-Order period.

    If that information is correct, then not only will I not get the extra in-game items and quests, but most importantly, I WON'T be able to play after the Headstart; which is of course... less than ideal.

    That is... unless the Headstart key and the Live code are one and the same. Could anyone clarify this for me?

    If you got a download only option, they probably won't send those Live keys out until the game is actually released. They are like the activation key you would get in a boxed retail copy on release day. If you ordered a boxed copy from the EA store, the code will be in the box when it arrives. You have until the 22nd to enter that code.

    Correct, but there is a rumour that if you try to enter an SE box key when your account has a CE headstart key, it won't work. In that case, you'd lose any headstart characters you have and have to start over. The rumour surfaced because of all the EB customers that got the CE codes when they ordered the SE codes. A Mythic Dev said something along the lines of, "If you didn't actually pre-order the CE, you'll be disappointed on launch day when your codes don't work."

    This was months ago, so it might not be true now.
    You already have the CE items by the way. They are the first and last entries on your list.

    No, he doesn't. The first entry on that list is the Pre-order items (the ring and camp) which any pre-order customers gets, CE or SE. The last entry on that list is merely access to the headstart on the 14th, the CE headstart. The other CE in-game items (character heads, XP tome, etc) are added after launch, with codes inside the CE box.

    So, if you've got codes from a CE pre-order and you are picking up an SE copy, you won't have anything other than the SE bonuses after launch. You'll get an extra 2 days of headstart, but there is a slight chance you won't get to keep those chars.

    Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
  • grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Figgy wrote: »
    You already have the CE items by the way. They are the first and last entries on your list.

    No, he doesn't. The first entry on that list is the Pre-order items (the ring and camp) which any pre-order customers gets, CE or SE. The last entry on that list is merely access to the headstart on the 14th, the CE headstart. The other CE in-game items (character heads, XP tome, etc) are added after launch, with codes inside the CE box.

    Yeah you are right about that.

    I highly doubt characters will disappear if you have a CE Head Start and enter SE codes. Probably all that will happen is you won't get to go back and select a CE head or do the CE quests.
    Arthil wrote: »
    Wait, so if you put in the head start code, you don't need the activation key from the boxed copy until the 22nd?

    Right.

    grrarg on
    If you play a game and then are able to spend pages debating with someone on the actions of a faction within that game you probably just played a pretty sweet game.
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User
    edited September 2008
    grrarg wrote: »
    meatflower wrote: »
    A DoK may suit you better for healing and melee survivability. Not that they can go toe to toe with an Ironbreaker or something, but you could probably take out most ranged DPS classes by yourself if they suck.

    If it is 1v1, a DoK should be able to kill an Ironbreaker easily. DoKs and WPs can just keep HoTs running and use melee heals to outlast pretty much any melee until -healing debuffs and knockdowns start coming into play.

    I guess I meant in a reasonable amount of time. It's definitely doable, it's just going to take about 5 minutes and reinforcements (for either really) are going to show up before that.

    meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Looks like my package isn't getting here till the 19th. Wish they'd ship it earlier so I could do the head-start thing. My widdle DSL connection cannot apparently handle the simple task of downloading the client before OB ends.

    Guhgh. I want to kill stunties, dammit.

    Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    tyrannus wrote: »
    nope, go find someone big and strong and heal them and watch as they ruin worlds for you

    I've done it with everything from marauders to shaman to sorceresses, and it's the same story every time: zealot + 1 = molten faces.

    Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • NisslNissl Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Basil wrote:
    I haven't quite worked it out yet, but mostly all you can do is run around screaming and flailing your arms like a little girl as you spam shields, hots, direct heals and detaunts on yourself until whomever scared you gets bored or shoves an arm and a leg through your colon. Being a lone zealot is not pretty, but at least there are some defensive abilities in the early lineup.

    Odd. I find that zealot is basically unkillable in 1v1 but also can't kill anyone with two brain cells, which is horribly horribly boring. If you get in trouble, don't hit flee, just use shield, hot, then spam flash of chaos while you run away. I stretched a couple of big groups that didn't think to snare me that way tonight in open RVR. I've even soloed WH's and BW's and SW's who didn't know what they were doing. And by soloed, I mean took their health down to 2/3 after 2 minutes and watched them run away. Maybe a good player would take me out 1v1, but if so they are in short supply on Todbringer.

    I'm a little concerned my shammy is going to feel squishy after the zealot.

    Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, yeah. You're having the same experience as me, run around flailing your arms and crying until you either die, escape, or find a crunchy with really big muscles to save you.

    I still haven't had much luck with chasing people off other than the eventual toll of the dot, I usually get caught flat on ap and gunning for safe haven when I see my pets are doomed to die.

    Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • NisslNissl Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Got it, I was over-reading and thought you were implying that zealots are basically helpless and likely to die 1v1 as opposed to just being incredibly useless at actually accomplishing anything offensive, which I agree with. I do usually go down if the party goes down in open RVR, all I can do is try my best LOS tricks with trees and terrain elevations and whatnot so I can't be snared on my way back to camp. Made my way out of a couple of situations with horrible odds (6v1) or worse tonight (of course, I got destroyed the other 10 times)... best was when a small group was coming out of the warcamp just as I made it back and rolled the 3 guys who followed me over a cliff, then rolled the remnants of the bigger group. Small victories, I guess.

    Can anyone who has played both zealot and shammy compare squishiness, btw? What classes are shammies good against in 1v1, if any?

    Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Elldren wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    nope, go find someone big and strong and heal them and watch as they ruin worlds for you

    I've done it with everything from marauders to shaman to sorceresses, and it's the same story every time: zealot + 1 = molten faces.

    Healer + 1 of anything = molten faces

    Try a WP and Witch Hunter for mass murders. Me and some random dude held Barracks with that for a long fucking time. It was pretty awesome.

    meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey, look at these two wierdos and their glasses.


    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/26629126#26629126

    Lucky Cynic on
  • aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Guess I'll wait until the 18th. And the moment it hits, open a ticket if there's anything wrong with my key... so if I'm fast, I can get 3-4 ticket exchanges until the 22nd, when disaster may or may not hit.

    aunsoph on
  • AkiraAkira Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Happy to report that twinking is basically impossible in this game. My Marauder hit 9 a couple days ago, and since then hasn't done anything but open RvR and Scenarios (no quests whatsoever, including player kill/scenario completion ones). After about 2-3 afternoons of this, level 12 and kicked out of T1 PvP.

    Of course any sort of twinking at that level is difficult anyway, it would basically just involve grinding PQs for high-end loot bags but since you get experience for every portion, and your contribution is based on *your* contribution and not your group's (so no high levels running you through for loot bags), you would end up just leveling through that instead. Worst thing you're going to see is a level 11 with a bunch of green drops from T2 areas and even then the difference between that and level 7-9RR gear is pretty small. So here's hoping the "PvP from level 1" option is never lost.

    Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Holy Shit! Fucking 1 day delivery option on amazon was only another $10.

    Sign me right up! Now it should be here by the 19th!

    Lucky Cynic on
  • hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So ALL the scenarois on my server broke today. Nobody could join any. Everyone pvped in the lakes instead. Empire vs chaos had maybe 40 on each side in the T1. The zerg went back and forth for quite some time- one side gaining the advantage and routing the other, who retreated to their warcamp and used the guns to gain an advantage there, rinse and repeat.

    massive battle like that where people are respawning and getting back in the fight are worth next to no renown and experience. A lot of people were having a blast, even if it was so unorganized and chaotic with a herd mentality.

    hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User
    edited September 2008
    Hey, look at these two wierdos and their glasses.


    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/26629126#26629126

    That was great, I love how MSNBC put emphasized the family part with their editing.

    MMO's: Now for families!

    Generic Family Member #1: Hey kids! Instead of our usually Family Fun Night activity, I've gotten us all copies of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning!
    Generic Family Member #2: I don't know. This doesn't sound as fun as Monopoly or Scrabble. Remember last week when Mom got that triple word score? That was pretty fun! What gives?
    Generic Family Member #1: No! It's epic! We'll capture keeps and kill manz in RvR. Dad, I was thinking you could be our tank. How does being a corrupted warrior who worships a demon god sound?
    Good Ol' Dad: How does it sound? I've been playing since Closed Beta noob! Get the fuck with the program!

    Oh yeah, I can see this catching on.

    meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    A commercial like that would be awesome.

    Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: ArthilCwcuLUM.jpg
  • SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I dunno which of you candymancers is torgath or however you spell that name but you had the uncanny ability to find me with little health :(

    Also squig armor is seriously making me rethink going black orc. It'd be no contest if I had more then one ability for it at level 11 but even with just the one I was a giant bouncing ball of teeth knocking healers and wizards off cliffs in nordenwatch.

    Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Does anyone know a way to stop the camera auto following me when I move, it makes targetting on the move really difficult :\

    Scroffus on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I read that pressing ctrl prevents that from happening, but I haven't had a chance to test it.

    Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User
    edited September 2008
    And the servers are down for 3 hours.

    5-8AM EST seems to be their maintenance window, at least for now.

    I pray for awesome updates upon their return. Like fixing my god damn snare!

    meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm kind of hoping they take the route WoW did and schedule the maintenance at different hours for the Oceanic servers. It would be odd if they didn't, given that we actually have servers nearby now.

    Kelor on
This discussion has been closed.