As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW: WotLK Release Date Set at 11/13/08 [Chat and General Discussion]

• SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Does anyone know what they're doing in regards to Arena Points, from 70-80?

I want to stack up 5000 arena points before the expansion comes out, as I'm 4/5 right now, but my team is unlikely to get high enough for S4 weapons/shoulders.

But if they're just gonna wipe em out, what'd be the point?

Sepah on
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sepah wrote: »

I want to stack up 5000 arena points before the expansion comes out, as I'm 4/5 right now, but my team is unlikely to get high enough for S4 weapons/shoulders.

WIPE as soon as you hit 71

Mgcw on
  • SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Sepah wrote: »

WIPE as soon as you hit 71

Sad panda. So sad.

But hey, at least I can transfer my shitty hunter to the pvp server all my other chars are on, now.

Sepah on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »
    4rch3nemy wrote: »
    And if that's not enough... well, I've been saving this one for a time when everyone seems kind of down, so maybe now is appropriate to mention it. Clams now stack. It's true.

YES. YES!
    and the warlock community seethes juuuust a little bit more...

It's soul shards big deal
    Now if the bag had stats or a passive effect like a quiver/bandoleer then I would be happy

Brainleech on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man who the hell cares about soul shards.

And I PLAY a warlock.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Ok, I'm about to say forget it to this whole beta thing. 500mb downloaded over the course of.... 14 hours.

Is this something someone is able to just transfer to me? Or do I have to download it from Blizzard?

There was a post on the beta forums with rapid-share links for all the patches, lemme see if I can find it.

Edit.

Found it: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9023602703

It has links for the beta client too.

Thank you so much for linking this. I was only at 48% when I got home. Canceled it and used one of the link in that thread. And I'm at 40% after about 20 minutes.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Beck wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    To be fair, Tigole isn't exactly a "mod" per se. I imagine the mods/CM's are probably cheering in the background, as one might do while your boss does something badass that could possibly get you, the lowly grunt, fired if you were to try it.

I'd be totally down with them letting the CM's do it too. It could be ripe for abuse, but the WoW forums have been a cesspool of shit and filth for years. It's time for some quick drawing hardasses to clean up the streets.

I think a lot of the problems wouldn't exist if Blues weren't such condescending pricks, and maybe did their job better.

I tend to think that the Blues are "condescending pricks" as a result of all the retarded monkeys that post on the official forums.

Seg on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't get the point of the fucking clams anyway. Just make the mobs drop the damn meat and pearls directly. Don't make me open up a fucking clam to get them.

That would be like if the mob dropped [Small Coin Purse] instead of actual coin. And you'd have to click on the [Small Coin Purse] for every damn mob you killed.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    Beck wrote: »
    To be fair, Tigole isn't exactly a "mod" per se. I imagine the mods/CM's are probably cheering in the background, as one might do while your boss does something badass that could possibly get you, the lowly grunt, fired if you were to try it.

I'd be totally down with them letting the CM's do it too. It could be ripe for abuse, but the WoW forums have been a cesspool of shit and filth for years. It's time for some quick drawing hardasses to clean up the streets.

I think a lot of the problems wouldn't exist if Blues weren't such condescending pricks, and maybe did their job better.

I tend to think that the Blues are "condescending pricks" as a result of all the retarded monkeys that post on the official forums.

That's a definite possibility, I was only aware of what happened in the Shaman forums early on.

Not forwarding feedback and all that.

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Practically none of the class forums saw much activity. While the Shaman forums were particularly vocal, I never really saw a hell of a lot of activity (in general or even in comparison) on the others that I swung through.

Hell, Rogues get talked to like once every 18 months, but you didn't see us losing our shit, and we were right there with the Shaman for the last 'update patch' in 1.12.

But it's not a competition as to who had it worse, all the classes go through cycles of buffs, adjustments and nerfs. Hell, on the beta realms we're seeing that motion in rapid fire action, and it'll continue well past the release of WLK. So is the nature of WoW.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I totally don't understand how people take class changes so personally, beta or live. Some fucker was even asking for resignations today.

815165 on
    edited September 2008
    I can understand people being attached to their favoured class, especially after pouring weeks, months or even years (or longer than you'd care to discuss >.> ) into said character.

However, that remains untempered, due to this being the internet; a land where "a sense of perspective" is so alien that the right amount of concentrated logic directed as a drooling fanboy can kill as effectively as any bullet or blade.

Forar on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    also, its the goddamn beta

why complain about classes being overpowered, no one being overpowered gains anything while in beta, so just report calmly that its out of balance

big rant threads belong in live forums, as they can be somewhat understood there

Dhalphir on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    also,
    batsawq3.jpg

SabreMau on
    edited September 2008
    Nice to see he's wearing the Paladin T3/7 helm there.

Fucking superheroes.

815165 on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Don't you mean Shaman T1?

SabreMau on
    edited September 2008
    Touché, good sir.

815165 on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I went to Dire Maul East today on my level 55 hunter.

epicfail.jpg

The paladin tank was... not good.

Jasconius on
  • AsharaxxAsharaxx Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    -Bramble wrote: »
    Septus wrote: »
    Hmm, I need to get a roll call of who still actively played in the Beasts. That will have a factor on which character I transfer.

It's kind of barren right now, to be honest. I logged in yesterday and today and was the only person online. And in the last few weeks there have been four or so online at most. I haven't been playing much myself either. Things are likely to pick up again come the 3.0 patch and of course when wrath hits.

That's my hope, anyway. I'd log on during weekends in hope that enough people would be on to do stuff, and after a couple weeks of that, I only log on every once in a while, now.

Asharaxx on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Damnit, my beta client is downloading quickly enough but jesus, it's making any sort of WoW play impossible. This is the first time I've had such an effect on game playing from downloading. I'm not going to be happy if Time Warner is throttling me.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jasconius wrote: »

epicfail.jpg

he may well have been making a tongue in cheek reference to not needing it

Dhalphir on
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I wish I could trade my priest for a druid. Resto is so much more cooler & pertinent to my playstyle than disc or holy.

Not even considering the fun to be had with feral forms, druids are just plain better than priests at this point.

SaraLuna on
  • NezzarNezzar Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    Damnit, my beta client is downloading quickly enough but jesus, it's making any sort of WoW play impossible. This is the first time I've had such an effect on game playing from downloading. I'm not going to be happy if Time Warner is throttling me.

You can always just set it to only download after you exit WoW. That's what I do because my connection is pretty "slim" (2 mbit downstream).

Nezzar on
  • CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I just got all excited because I got an e-mail from Blizzard.

Turns out my pre-paid time expires in 3 days. Thanks for the heads up, Blizzard.

Sigh.

CJTheran on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »

epicfail.jpg

he may well have been making a tongue in cheek reference to not needing it

Being a tank, I tend to always get passed lead and mark pulls and whatnot. I have a macro with all the symbols I use and swap in the CC I have available in the group. Lately though (as my gear improves) I've just been using less and less CC, preferring typically to just AE tank the entire group; the exception being HMgT pulls, just because of the amount of magic damage.

You'd be amazed how butthurt people get when you don't ask them to CC things. It's like they take it as a personal attack, like you don't think they're good enough to do their job. Maybe I don't want you to CC so I can do my job. Relax.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Actually, comparing our accounts, I have multiple 70's more than you do. I also notice that all of my characters are higher level than yours in the Beta.

Thanks for helping us test out the Beta while you lasted. Beta testing isn't cut out for everyone. It was nice having you.

Am I the only one who sees this as shenanigans? I guess I find it a little convenient that a blue claims to have multiple 70s when they can, more than likely, be handed one with full gear sets. Was the guy who posted (not to mention 95% of all the people on the official forums) out of line? Yes. Still....

And to the person who mention "Fuck the Tauren starting zone"......amen to you.

Decoy on
    edited September 2008
    Decoy wrote: »

Actually, comparing our accounts, I have multiple 70's more than you do. I also notice that all of my characters are higher level than yours in the Beta.

Thanks for helping us test out the Beta while you lasted. Beta testing isn't cut out for everyone. It was nice having you.

Am I the only one who sees this as shenanigans? I guess I find it a little convenient that a blue claims to have multiple 70s when they can, more than likely, be handed one with full gear sets. Was the guy who posted (not to mention 95% of all the people on the official forums) out of line? Yes. Still....

Considering it was Tigole, I have zero trouble believing that he has leveled many, many 70s.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    uh, wasn't the previous thread on like page 60 yestarday? what the hell

Fuga on
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Considering it was Tigole, I have zero trouble believing that he has leveled many, many 70s.

That's cool, I dont know the blues at all, or their involvement when it comes to actually "playing" the game. Like I said I avoid the o-forums like the plague.

Decoy on
    edited September 2008
    I GOT A BETA INVITE AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY WOOOOO.
    Although.
    To participate in the beta tests, you must have a valid retail World of Warcraft account active and in good standing as of August 25, 2008.
    Uh yeah.. no thanks.

Fuga on
    edited September 2008

That's cool, I dont know the blues at all, or their involvement when it comes to actually "playing" the game. Like I said I avoid the o-forums like the plague.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Kaplan

Grundlestiltskin on
    edited September 2008

The irony of Tigole's response to this guy is that Tigole is responsible for this gem.
    Tigole wrote:
    Fix your goddamn buggy bull##@% half-assed encounters. The amount of time we dedicated to get our keys to see this guy die and take a turn at the Emperor is just sick. To finally see Blood die only to have the ENTIRE raid DT'd from anywhere in the room was simply an insult. Blood dies, there are two earrings on the corpse, yet no matter where you are in the room, the Emperor DT's. So congrats rot on those. It's cheap enough to make a mob DT in the first place. But to have his agro radius extend to the entire room is ridiculous. So let me get this straight -- and this is how you guys envisioned this in San Diego: You spend months farming keys to get up to the room. Months farming Shissar Bane weapons (and the recipe is where?). You kill Blood while dealing with 8 other snakes in the room. And immediately after that fight you're supposed to engage the DEATHTOUCHING-FROM-ANYWHERE-IN-THE-ROOM Emperor along with the 8 snakes? Whoever came up with this sheer *fisting* of an encounter can go !**# themselves. Do me a favor so I don't waste my guild's time on this kind of jackass ##@%-fest again, send me an email at [email protected] when you decide to A) Implement an encounter that wasn't designed by a retarded chimp chained to a cubicle B) Get a Quality Assuarance Department C) Actually beta test the !**#ing thing and D) Patch it live. And please for god's sake -- do it in the order I laid out for you. Don't worry, I won't charge you a consulting fee on that one. And for good luck you might as well E) Pull your heads out of your asses. While you're at it rename the game to BetaQuest since you've used up you're alotted false advertising karma on the Bazaar and user interface scam of '01.

Fix the Emperor encounter. Fix Seru. Rethink your time-sink bull##@%. Fix all the buggy mother!**#ing ring encounters (I suggest you let whoever made the Burrower one do this since that dude apparently laid off the crack the rest of you were smoking). Fix the VT key quest. Fix VT (just guessing it's !**#ed up considering your track record). Don't have the resources to fix this stuff? Move the ENTIRE Planes of Power team over to fixing Shadows of Luclin AND DO IT NOW. If you don't fix Luclin, you jackassess will be the only ones playing the Planes of Power.

Oh, and here's another gem from a current Blizzard employee, Alex Afrasiabi aka Furor, quest designer.
    Furor wrote:
    You have 14 Days. If after that time the Plane is not properly tuned, I am deleting my characters, and cancelling all of my accounts. The rest of my guild will follow suit, as will several other guilds and people that play Everquest.

To be brief, I did not work my ass off, jumping through your idiotic hoops with my friends and guildmates, so I could go to a zone where only groups of 18 could enjoy the content. EVEN if past these initial moronic events I can finally get my entire guild in to raid with me, F*CK YOU GUYS. Seriously, F*CK YOU.

I cannot believe this... right now I'm just so pissed off. I am sitting here in the Plane of Time, and 3/4 of my guild is just sitting around while a group of 18 is repeatedly trying to beat one of the mini ring encounters. Don't you people have ANY FUCKING DECENCY? SMEDLEY WHY DON'T YOU STOP COUNTING YOUR MONEY AND START ISSUING ORDERS?

The tragic irony of creating the ultimate c*ckblock encounter in the form of the Rathe which requires 80 people to defeat and then to limit encounters in the Plane of Time to 18.

14 Days.... after that this site will change from the most popular EQ fan site on the internet to the most popular World of Warcraft fan site on the internet. I'm done playing ball with you useless f*ckers... it's my turn.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    can I have your beta key

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ok, seriously, the next person who gets a key and:

A) Is unsubscribed with little/no interest in returning
    B) Doesn't care about the beta in the first place
    C) Has no plans to USE said key

Please consider giving it to someone who will actually put it to good use.

i.e. me.

Halfmex on
  • Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

i.e. me.

And by "put it to good use" he means sell it on eBay.

Wombat02 on
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

i.e. me.
    I will put you at the top of my list, Halfmex. I did opt in for the beta, but on further thought, I don't want to ruin the content for myself. So if Blizzard sends me one, you're up.

Entriech on
    edited September 2008
    Fuga wrote: »

Close, but as of the 10th it was actually on page 123.

Forar on
  • Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Close, but as of the 10th it was actually on page 123.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Wombat02 on
    edited September 2008
    I only missed by like 60.

Fuga on
    edited September 2008
    I only missed by like 60.

You were very much half way there.

So, tonight I think I might try to sneak my fury warrior into Karazhan. Go on, armory her. This, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when you essentially don't touch a character for nearly a year and a half.

So many greens.

D:

Forar on
This discussion has been closed.