As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW: WotLK Release Date Set at 11/13/08 [Chat and General Discussion]

• RoanthRoanth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So, how long until they allow faction transfers? It would obviously be subject to maintaining Alliance / Horde ratios on servers and actually could be a decent tool for fixing imbalances on servers via combo server & faction transfer. I personally would love to transfer some of my alliance toons on sargeras to horde on this server or another. Would also reduce whining about racials and BGs (if things are so bad go join the other side)

Roanth on
  • Wombat02Wombat02 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Roanth wrote: »
    alliance toons on sargeras

I... I must gank you now.

Wombat02 on
  • RoanthRoanth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wombat02 wrote: »
    Roanth wrote: »
    alliance toons on sargeras

I... I must gank you now.

I tried carebaring with OS in the IF tram 2 years ago - you guys were not impressed but I did make good my escape (I think the mindcontrol was a bad idea)

There was another time when I found an OS guy afk in Eastern Plaguelands - I MC'ed him all the way up to a top of a mountain and left him there. Good times

Roanth on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like the idea of the new items but they should have it go from 1-70, and then have people upgrade from there.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • -Bramble-Bramble Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    TheEmerged wrote: »
    So, it appears that they're doing away with school-specific bonuses now (My Robe on beta right now). Losing 32 damage from the set? Boy, I hope I haven't passed on any robes/shoulders/boots that would have been a replacement lately...

Oh hell yeah, I can't wait to get rid of my stupid fucking frozen shadoweave set. lol pajama feets

-Bramble on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    I like the idea of the new items but they should have it go from 1-70, and then have people upgrade from there.

Considering that they're equal to a rare, at best you'll end up with the item 'levelling up' to the equivelent of something you could snag in a five man, which may or may not retain its usefulness, when you account for things like gem slots, set bonuses and the like.

10% increased exp earned is great! ... until you can't earn exp anymore, at least.

Once people start doing heroics, arenas and raiding, I imagine the items will eventually be tucked away in a bank somewhere, or tossed to a new alt to start the process all over again.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Gettings the tokens to get the gear in the first place means you've gotten one character to 80 anyway. People have long discussed the idea that, after reaching level cap, your alts should have a slightly easier time of it, and this mechanic seems like it'd work fine.

SabreMau on
  • DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So can anyone explain to me exactly what I have to do to get the 300% exp bonus from the recruit-a-friend program? I wanna level an alt up asap for WotLK and I wanna know exactly how much it'll cost me to get the bonus.

DharmaBum on
    edited September 2008
    DharmaBum wrote: »
    So can anyone explain to me exactly what I have to do to get the 300% exp bonus from the recruit-a-friend program? I wanna level an alt up asap for WotLK and I wanna know exactly how much it'll cost me to get the bonus.

Start a new account that you send the RAQ code to from your original account. Then for 90-days anytime characters from both accounts are grouped together and near each other they gain 3x EXP (up to level 60).

Wombat02 on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

You have to group with the friend who referred you.
    Or vice versa.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Start a new account that you send the RAQ code to from your original account. Then for 90-days anytime characters from both accounts are grouped together and near each other they gain 3x EXP (up to level 60).

But I'll have to buy a new box/dl right?

DharmaBum on
    edited September 2008

But I'll have to buy a new box/dl right?

To start a new account you'll need a new copy of WoW, if you want to go to outlands or be a Blood Elf, you'll need BC as well.

Wombat02 on
  • dylmandylman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's free for the first 10 days as a trial of course. But the trial account limitations are indeed... limiting. I think I upgraded to a full account before I'd left Northshire Valley on my dual-boxed warlocks.

dylman on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    OMG, I don't know what the hell I'm doing on my DK, but it's fucking awesome!

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Septus wrote: »

Dhalphir on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

That was my story!

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm going to miss replacing my ZA gear. I actually look like a real shaman for once.

Rinder on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    End wrote: »

That was my story!

So far I've got the idea...opening with Icy Touch and Plague Strike to stack Diseases, spam Heartstrike, if low on health use Death Strike to finish up or to just get health back.

Dhalphir on
    edited September 2008
    I know what the do in general, I just don't have a handle on the rotations.

Septus on
    edited September 2008
    That's the rotation, I think.

Dhalphir on
    edited September 2008
    It changes. If you have epidemic(a good idea), you can do two rotations, one where both diseases are applied, and in the second, you can avoid plague strike and/or icy touch and use something else.

Septus on
    edited September 2008
    does Epidemic extend the duration of your diseases does it?

Dhalphir on
    edited September 2008
    am i correct in thinking that Heartstrike replaces Bloodstrike once you get it?

Dhalphir on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    am i correct in thinking that Heartstrike replaces Bloodstrike once you get it?
    You are correct, sir!

815165 on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Rinder wrote: »
    I'm going to miss replacing my ZA gear. I actually look like a real shaman for once.

I am not going to miss my frozen shadow weave set I have worn it for far too long
    I look like a mage in it

It seems I am not going to get a beta invite for whatever reason so if I make a death knight I am going to stand around looking at the trees and guessing what I am going to do

The debate is also going to be is it going to be on my main account or alt account

Brainleech on
    edited September 2008
    if you get a beta key on either you can use it for either account

Dhalphir on
    edited September 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    if you get a beta key on either you can use it for either account

I ment which account is the death knight going to be on since dual boxing a warlock/priest is far to easy

Brainleech on
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Are we getting 3.0 already? I doubt it, but I'm downloading an 821MB file right now...

Hamurabi on
  • AsharaxxAsharaxx Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like my frozen shadoweave, but from the looks of things, I'll be able to get Frostfire-model stuff from a 10-man. And damn I like how Frostfire looks.

Asharaxx on
    edited September 2008
    its predownloaded patches, the same as every patch from the dawn of time :P
    dawn of time = not long ago

Dhalphir on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Are we getting 3.0 already? I doubt it, but I'm downloading an 821MB file right now...

My stupid background downloader has been sitting at 0% forr...... yep, going on an hour now.

Wavechaser on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »

My stupid background downloader has been sitting at 0% forr...... yep, going on an hour now.

Really? That's farther than I am.

I'm stuck at "Waiting..."

I'd blame it on it waiting for WoW to exit, but it stay that way always, even with nothing else running... I suppose I could just grab the actual torrent itself and do it by hand.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Data for the next patch is not available.
    Take that, bitches.

815165 on
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I dunno, I don't usually use the launcher, so I don't know that there's a new patch until either I start hearing other people say there's a patch imminent, or I'm unable to login because I needta patch.

I'm just surprised we're getting 3.0 already. Has a hard release-date on WotLK been nailed down yet? I haven't bothered to check -- it'll probably just get pushed back, whatever it is.

Hamurabi on
    edited September 2008
    Just saw this...

YOU ARE NOT PA-PERED!

815165 on
  • BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I dunno, I don't usually use the launcher, so I don't know that there's a new patch until either I start hearing other people say there's a patch imminent, or I'm unable to login because I needta patch.

I'm just surprised we're getting 3.0 already. Has a hard release-date on WotLK been nailed down yet? I haven't bothered to check -- it'll probably just get pushed back, whatever it is.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they're on course for November 3rd like a lot of retailers have listed and they're just not announcing it too soon on account of the nasty effect the BC announcement caused the raiding community. I have a feeling a WotLK release date announcement comes on the heels of 3.0.

Just got this feeling.

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Conversation I had while riding around on my bear mount
    Guy: Did you buy your bear mount
    Me: Yeah
    Guy: LOL
    Guy: FAIL
    Me: LOL, like I care what you think. :D
    Guy is ignoring you.

Cute. At least have the balls to let me retort :P

Undead Scottsman on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Just saw this...

YOU ARE NOT PA-PERED!

Wow.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Conversation I had while riding around on my bear mount
    Guy: Did you buy your bear mount
    Me: Yeah
    Guy: LOL
    Guy: FAIL
    Me: LOL, like I care what you think. :D
    Guy is ignoring you.

Cute. At least have the balls to let me retort :P

I love shit like that, it always comes from people who think making money in the game is hard. "LOL you spent 5k gold on "whatever" you suck lololol". I made that 5k gold in 2 days... "YA RITE, LOL FAG"

Mgcw on
    edited September 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    815165 wrote: »
    Just saw this...

YOU ARE NOT PA-PERED!

Wow.

Is that made from paper?
    Seeing that picture shows me I have to finish the project I am building for a freind who I think quit the game

Brainleech on
This discussion has been closed.