As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WoW: WotLK Release Date Set at 11/13/08 [Chat and General Discussion]

1679111262

Posts

  • arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    PTR forums are down.

    PTR character copy is up!

    Go go go!

    arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • dylmandylman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Already a 10 hour queue to copy your characters on EU. :)

    dylman on
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Conversation I had while riding around on my bear mount
    Guy: Did you buy your bear mount
    Me: Yeah
    Guy: LOL
    Guy: FAIL
    Me: LOL, like I care what you think. :D
    Guy is ignoring you.
    Cute. At least have the balls to let me retort :P

    I love shit like that, it always comes from people who think making money in the game is hard. "LOL you spent 5k gold on "whatever" you suck lololol". I made that 5k gold in 2 days... "YA RITE, LOL FAG"

    I think it's just because people think you didn't really earn it. And, honestly, it's not THAT hard to earn a bear mount... I started doing some total pugs of ZA, and - though it turned into a guild halfway through - it took less than a month to go from first one to Bear Mount 1. And this is with the vast majority of gear being T4, ZA, and Badge gear.

    All that matters is that you get a good core of people willing to keep on taking shots at it.

    Garthor on
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What do folks think of posting our Beta character names/servers, so that we can have someone to talk to/group with outside of General Chat?

    Fearghaill & Gnightmare here, both on Northrend.

    UnbrokenEva on
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    815165 wrote: »
    Just saw this...

    YOU ARE NOT PA-PERED!

    Wow.

    World of WoW.

    Hamurabi on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Garthor wrote: »
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Conversation I had while riding around on my bear mount
    Guy: Did you buy your bear mount
    Me: Yeah
    Guy: LOL
    Guy: FAIL
    Me: LOL, like I care what you think. :D
    Guy is ignoring you.
    Cute. At least have the balls to let me retort :P

    I love shit like that, it always comes from people who think making money in the game is hard. "LOL you spent 5k gold on "whatever" you suck lololol". I made that 5k gold in 2 days... "YA RITE, LOL FAG"

    I think it's just because people think you didn't really earn it. And, honestly, it's not THAT hard to earn a bear mount... I started doing some total pugs of ZA, and - though it turned into a guild halfway through - it took less than a month to go from first one to Bear Mount 1. And this is with the vast majority of gear being T4, ZA, and Badge gear.

    All that matters is that you get a good core of people willing to keep on taking shots at it.

    I like seeing all the people riding around on Z'A mounts, means fewer people riding around on Wintersaber mounts.

    Seg on
  • LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    What do folks think of posting our Beta character names/servers, so that we can have someone to talk to/group with outside of General Chat?

    Fearghaill & Gnightmare here, both on Northrend.

    I'm Luheghan on Horde Northrend, Lykourgah/Lykourgos on Horde Lich King, and Liaho/Mia on Alliance Murmur.

    Lykouragh on
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Lykouragh wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    What do folks think of posting our Beta character names/servers, so that we can have someone to talk to/group with outside of General Chat?

    Fearghaill & Gnightmare here, both on Northrend.

    I'm Luheghan on Horde Northrend, Lykourgah/Lykourgos on Horde Lich King, and Liaho/Mia on Alliance Murmur.

    Yeah, should have added that those toons were Alliance.

    UnbrokenEva on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    815165 wrote: »
    Just saw this...

    YOU ARE NOT PA-PERED!

    Wow.

    World of WoW.

    WoW of WoW.

    SabreMau on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Lykouragh wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    What do folks think of posting our Beta character names/servers, so that we can have someone to talk to/group with outside of General Chat?

    Fearghaill & Gnightmare here, both on Northrend.

    I'm Luheghan on Horde Northrend, Lykourgah/Lykourgos on Horde Lich King, and Liaho/Mia on Alliance Murmur.

    Lichfoe and Adron on Alliance Murmur, Septus on Alliance Lich King, and Septus and Lurien on Horde Northrend.

    Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Any of you cool Alliance dudes on Murmur have a DPS and/or magic dispel class? Need to kill Geddon, Lucifron and Harbinger later tonight (8 Eastern or so) and they're a pain in the ass w/o the aforementioned, PM me if interested. Shadow Priest or Ret Paladin would be super ace but any DPS should work.

    Mgcw on
  • Captain RadicalCaptain Radical Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Help me out here, if you can.

    I'm planning on coming back and playing again, all I have disc wise is the base game from way back in the day. When I attempt to install, I get an error somewhere through disc 3, every time. What are my options here? I'm assuming that the TBC discs don't include all the stuff for the base game. I've found the client download on the official site, but I'd prefer not to have to download ~4gigs because of a problem with one disc, especially considering how slow that downloads for me.

    So, deal with it and get my download on, buy the base game again, or another as of yet unknown option?

    Thanks.

    Captain Radical on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Help me out here, if you can.

    I'm planning on coming back and playing again, all I have disc wise is the base game from way back in the day. When I attempt to install, I get an error somewhere through disc 3, every time. What are my options here? I'm assuming that the TBC discs don't include all the stuff for the base game. I've found the client download on the official site, but I'd prefer not to have to download ~4gigs because of a problem with one disc, especially considering how slow that downloads for me.

    So, deal with it and get my download on, buy the base game again, or another as of yet unknown option?

    Thanks.

    I don't know if you can still do this but a while ago I was able to pick up a 14-day trial version of Vanilla WoW on a DVD for two bucks. From Kmart, I believe.

    Threw out the trial code and just used the DVD to install the game.

    W2 on
  • dylmandylman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The PTR is up, another 1GB download. Gogogogo :)

    dylman on
  • quaigyquaigy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Friend of mine who's in beta (dirty bastard) saw quite an interesting skill linked over /2.

    slaptt4.jpg

    quaigy on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    24 hour cooldown, not too overpowered.

    SabreMau on
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Junpei on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    That is an amazing application.

    I assume he got accepted.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That app was great.

    Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    any reliable mirrors for the pre-patch, hours and only 2%, even after port forwarding, ugh.

    Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That application was...it changed me. That was the Passion of the Christ of guild apps.

    Halfmex on
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    quaigy wrote: »
    Friend of mine who's in beta (dirty bastard) saw quite an interesting skill linked over /2.

    slaptt4.jpg

    haha

    awesome

    Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ghostwalker is still awesome by the way.

    Opty on
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Opty wrote: »
    Ghostwalker is still awesome by the way.
    A clam book lying in plain sight in the Barrens next to Mankirk's wife.

    Ahahahahahahahaha.

    Hamurabi on
  • MorithainMorithain Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    quaigy wrote: »
    Friend of mine who's in beta (dirty bastard) saw quite an interesting skill linked over /2.

    slaptt4.jpg

    haha

    awesome

    Seriously, I have yet to see a game publisher or developer that rivals Blizzard in the lulz department.

    *Edit: Ha, I missed the "+5 Rage" part, even better :)

    Morithain on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Help me out here, if you can.

    I'm planning on coming back and playing again, all I have disc wise is the base game from way back in the day. When I attempt to install, I get an error somewhere through disc 3, every time. What are my options here? I'm assuming that the TBC discs don't include all the stuff for the base game. I've found the client download on the official site, but I'd prefer not to have to download ~4gigs because of a problem with one disc, especially considering how slow that downloads for me.

    So, deal with it and get my download on, buy the base game again, or another as of yet unknown option?

    Thanks.

    See if you can copy the third disk to you hard drive, then run the install from there when it asks for disk three.

    I've never had this problem with WoW, but that's how I've solved errors with CDs and windows' installer in the past.

    Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dyscord wrote: »
    I've never had this problem with WoW, but that's how I've solved errors with CDs and windows' installer in the past.

    People not playing the game anymore are not allowed to comment.



    Also, gimme your money. I'll hold it for you till the expansion. =X

    Hamurabi on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Go get a $2 Demo DVD and install from that (it has the full game).

    Opty on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Halfmex wrote: »
    That application was...it changed me. That was the Passion of the Christ of guild apps.

    I will never look at another guild application in the same fashion again.

    That was glorious.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Dyscord wrote: »
    I've never had this problem with WoW, but that's how I've solved errors with CDs and windows' installer in the past.

    People not playing the game anymore are not allowed to comment.



    Also, gimme your money. I'll hold it for you till the expansion. =X

    I'm logged in right now you fucker

    Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I want a red drake mount so fucking badly. Give.

    815165 on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Halfmex wrote: »
    That application was...it changed me. That was the Passion of the Christ of guild apps.

    I will never look at another guild application in the same fashion again.

    That was glorious.
    Impressive effort, yeah, but I couldn't watch the whole thing. Dragged on too long.

    SabreMau on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That is an amazing application.

    I assume he got accepted.

    I assume he gets into whatever guild he wants, now and forever.

    Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Dyscord wrote: »
    I've never had this problem with WoW, but that's how I've solved errors with CDs and windows' installer in the past.

    People not playing the game anymore are not allowed to comment.



    Also, gimme your money. I'll hold it for you till the expansion. =X

    I'm logged in right now you fucker

    It's true, I saw him on his druid!

    Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tyaera, Northrend Horde

    Dhalphir on
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What was so awesome about that application?o_O

    Fuga on
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Don't tell me, beta is going to end soon now that PTR opened?

    Fuga on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Garthor wrote: »
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Conversation I had while riding around on my bear mount
    Guy: Did you buy your bear mount
    Me: Yeah
    Guy: LOL
    Guy: FAIL
    Me: LOL, like I care what you think. :D
    Guy is ignoring you.
    Cute. At least have the balls to let me retort :P

    I love shit like that, it always comes from people who think making money in the game is hard. "LOL you spent 5k gold on "whatever" you suck lololol". I made that 5k gold in 2 days... "YA RITE, LOL FAG"

    I think it's just because people think you didn't really earn it. And, honestly, it's not THAT hard to earn a bear mount... I started doing some total pugs of ZA, and - though it turned into a guild halfway through - it took less than a month to go from first one to Bear Mount 1. And this is with the vast majority of gear being T4, ZA, and Badge gear.

    All that matters is that you get a good core of people willing to keep on taking shots at it.

    I was totally gung ho to start doing that with my guild and get the mount legitimately (It was my #1 goal after I realized I had no chance in hell of getting that legandary bow :() only to find out they raid when I'm at work, due to my odd work schedule and Alaskan timezone. The only time I've ever set foot in ZA is when I got my mount.

    Undead Scottsman on
  • KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fuga wrote: »
    Don't tell me, beta is going to end soon now that PTR opened?

    why should it?

    Kartan on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fuga wrote: »
    Don't tell me, beta is going to end soon now that PTR opened?

    Probably not. There's almost no way WLK is coming out before November (based on my understanding of how far along the beta is, what still needs fixing/release/testing, and the utter lack of a "gone gold/release date" announcement thus far), and as I recall someone mentioning, TBC beta didn't end until shortly (a few weeks?) after it went live.

    If anything, I could see a WLK release announcement at Blizzcon in October for a Nov-Jan release date, but earlier than that would be astounding.

    This is Blizzard we're talking about here.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
This discussion has been closed.