As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Season of Lost [spoilers ahoy]

SpeedgrapherSpeedgrapher Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
The new season of Lost is coming next Wednesday... well, kind of. Only 6 episodes will be aired in this teasing stint, then us addicts are back on the wagon until February. I don't know whether to be infuriated or elated, but I do know that there are valid arguments for both sides. What does everyone else think about this?

mod edit: Some spoiler guidelines -

Stuff about the first two seasons doesn't need to be spoilered. If you haven't seen seasons one and two, don't read this shit.

Stuff about season three episodes that have just aired should be spoilered out of consideration for those in less-fortunate time zones.

Stuff about season three episodes that are more than a couple weeks old don't need to be spoilered. If you missed a week and are waiting for TiVo, don't read in here until you do.

Speculation about what might happen in future episodes can be spoilered or not, but it probably doesn't need to be, since it's just your own dumb ideas about what might happen.

Confirmed happenings in future episodes obtained by whatever reason should be Realspoilered. So, examples:

[spoiler:092f155848]There was, like, a plane crash.[/spoiler:092f155848]

[spoiler:092f155848]Kate and Sawyer totally got it on in the third season premiere tonight![/spoiler:092f155848]

Kate and Sawyer totally got it on in the third season premiere a month ago!

[realspoiler:092f155848]Kate and Sawyer are totally going to get it on next week, according to an interview I read in People![/realspoiler:092f155848]

I bet that the whole thing was a dream!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Speedgrapher on

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    The sooner I can see some Lost, the better.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2006
    As long as Kate and Jack hook up, I'll be happy.

Hell, I watch the show for Kate anyways. Well, and the Australian blonde. :P

ege02 on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    I hate Claire so much.

I think I'm going to buy Season 2 really soon, even though I've read spoilers and stuff.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Are you kidding? Claire is gorgeous.

You can't hate gorgeous.

ege02 on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    So will anything actually happen? Doubt it.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    ege02 wrote:

You can't hate gorgeous.
    I can hate shrill bitch always screaming about her baby.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    SpeedgrapherSpeedgrapher Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Claire can certainly be a bitch, but hey, who wouldn't be with baby on the island?

Speedgrapher on
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    ege02 wrote:

You can't hate gorgeous.

I think there is something sexy about her screaming "My buy-bee" all the time. :lol:

ege02 on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    So, can we lay some ground rules about spoilers? Nothing special... just get them in the OP so everybody's on the same level?

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Wait... let me get this right... we get a 6 weeks of Lost, and then we're dry for the next three months?!? And you know they'll pull the same shit in February too.

Okay, I'm not watching until the season is over. Fuck this hiatus shit.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006

That's the spirit.

Besides, I have a feeling I'll be way more into BSG than Lost.

ege02 on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    ege02 wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    ege02 wrote:

You can't hate gorgeous.

I think there is something sexy about her screaming "My buy-bee" all the time. :lol:

Every fucking time she says something about here bay-bay, I wish for a return of the monster from season one, so it will eat her.

And her bay-bay.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    chrpnkchrpnk Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Wait... let me get this right... we get a 6 weeks of Lost, and then we're dry for the next three months?!? And you know they'll pull the same shit in February too.

It's 6 episodes without break, then 3 month break, then 17 episodes without break.

But yeah, the way they are doing it kind of sucks.

chrpnk on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    chrpnk wrote:

It's 6 episodes without break, then 3 month break, then 17 episodes without break.

But yeah, the way they are doing it kind of sucks.
    Has the 17 without break been confirmed? If that's the case, then I may just start watching in late January. But after the 1-week-on, 3-weeks-off bullshit of the second season, I have a hair-trigger tolerance for this bullshit now.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    mcdermott wrote:
    ege02 wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    ege02 wrote:

You can't hate gorgeous.

Every fucking time she says something about here bay-bay, I wish for a return of the monster from season one, so it will eat her.

And her bay-bay.

Speaking of which, what happened to that thing?

ege02 on
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    The creators keep alluding to some strange element of time with respect to the island.

Yar on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    ege02 wrote:
    Speaking of which, what happened to that thing?

The writers either got bored of it, or realized they had at least three or four more seasons to fully explain it, so why rush?

Seriously, I think Lost may be jerking viewers around more than any other show in the history of television.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    chrpnkchrpnk Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Has the 17 without break been confirmed? If that's the case, then I may just start watching in late January. But after the 1-week-on, 3-weeks-off bullshit of the second season, I have a hair-trigger tolerance for this bullshit now.

I'm pretty sure it has been. They are doing it this way because of all the complaints they got during the last two seasons with all of the breaks between each episode.

Rumor was they were just going to start airing in January like 24 does, but decided on this method instead.

chrpnk on
  • Options
    AnimeleeAnimelee Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    It sucks that they have to have another summer-long break after the six episodes, but the 17 non-stop episodes in January/February more than make up for it. If anything, it'll help us cope with the boring winter "blahs" that happen after New Years up 'til March.

Also, dunno if you guys saw these:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e0OCIa4deh0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=07yX-PDJGmo

Animelee on
    universeah3.jpg
    Pokeymanz: 4081 1995 6825 (If you add me, let me know! :D)
  • Options
    AntibodiesAntibodies Used to live in a psychic city. Never knew what would happen in a day. Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I'm simply eager to see if my two favorite characters survived the very bright conclusion of season 2. I can deal with the limited episode release, at least it'll be consistent enough that I won't be guessing every week as to whether its new or a rerun. Also really want to see more of Henry Gale and the Others now that there's some context there.

Antibodies on
    XBL: thetinwoodsman
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Hee hee.

The monster is in like every third episode of the second season.

I think it's really funny that no one has caught on to that yet, but I think it's clever so I'm not spilling the beans.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    ege02 wrote:
    As long as Kate and CLAIRE, I'll be happy.

Fixed for unlikely but awesome lesbianism.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Antibodies wrote:
    I'm simply eager to see if my two favorite characters survived the very bright conclusion of season 2. I can deal with the limited episode release, at least it'll be consistent enough that I won't be guessing every week as to whether its new or a rerun. Also really want to see more of Henry Gale and the Others now that there's some context there.

I think Henry is going to be a flashback charatcer this season. They've been including him in the main cast promotional pictures

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Time had a big two-page photo of the cast, but it annoyed me because Desmond, Henry, and Eko were obviously photoshopped in.

Yar on
  • Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Havent seen the series for a long time since my country shows the episodes at totally different time but i am still sad that the father of Walt killed henry (i think it was) the prisoner. I actaully liked the character and hoped he would live and become and good guy.

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    NateVaderNateVader Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    ...?

He didn't kill Henry.

NateVader on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    He killed two other people not henry

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    HKPacman420HKPacman420 Registered User regular
    edited September 2006

[spoiler:5fb3bf4278]Sandy Cunt and Libby[/spoiler:5fb3bf4278]

HKPacman420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TheFallenLordTheFallenLord Registered User regular
    edited September 2006

[spoiler:1ffdc9c908]Sandy Cunt and Libby[/spoiler:1ffdc9c908]

[spoiler:1ffdc9c908]Poor Hurley[/spoiler:1ffdc9c908] :(

TheFallenLord on
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I have no interest in watching Lost any longer. It's like getting a hand-job for hours and hours but never coming.

Eventually it gets boring, then raw, and then painful.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Chorazin wrote:
    I have no interest in watching Lost any longer. It's like getting a hand-job for hours and hours but never coming.

:^:

:lol:

ege02 on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Why can't people enjoy the show for the plot rather than the mysteries?

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 2006

You mean the plot that revolves around the mysteries?

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Chorazin wrote:

I'm still only at the bored stage, so I'm holding out hope for satisfaction. I figure I'll hit raw by the end of this season.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    TheFallenLordTheFallenLord Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    ege02 wrote:
    Chorazin wrote:

:lol:

Seriously. The second season was painful. I didn't enjoy the first 3/4 of the season. The last few episodes were pretty good though. I'm most frustrated with the way they jerked us around, taking all those breaks in between shows. Hopefully they will be able to keep their promise and show us unbroken blocks of show.

TheFallenLord on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2006
    I edited the OP with some spoiler guidelines. Speedgrapher, if you would like to change them, feel free, since this is your thread. If you change them dramatically, though, I'll probably start up a new thread when the season begins with the guidelines I put up, because having every thing that's ever happened in the series spoilered, for example, is really annoying.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Chorazin wrote:

Bullshit.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    There was orginally two subplots. The basic one of the people surviving on an island and leanring to deal with each other and the other mystery subplot. The first was largely forgotten in the 2nd season and taken over by the second.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    There was orginally two subplots. The basic one of the people surviving on an island and leanring to deal with each other and the other mystery subplot. The first was largely forgotten in the 2nd season and taken over by the second.
    Yeah, the writing really went down hill second season. I'm hoping they wow us tonight. (bump - and don't forget to set your TiVos)

Yar on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Yar wrote:
    Yeah, the writing really went down hill second season. I'm hoping they wow us tonight. (bump - and don't forget to set your TiVos)

I still think you're wrong on that. But horray! New lost.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.