As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Maximals... MAXIMIZE!

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Antimatter wrote: »

So awesome. That right there, is a devoted fucking fan.

Also, Scott McNeil is pretty great, if not a little strange. One of my favorite VA's for sure, largely thanks to Beast Wars and Gundam Wing. He's also the subject of one of my favorite Pony Stories.

Pony wrote: »
    scott mcneil is a weird dude

i'm sort of an acquaintence of the man, a friend of mine is a good friend of his, so i've hung out with him at conventions and stuff

he's a strange man

the one time, we were sitting in the hotel bar and he was reading out loud some erotic fanfiction that was given to him earlier that day at his autograph booth by some stupid fangirl

it was beast wars erotic fanfiction, involving dinobot and rattrap (scott voiced both characters)

he was doing a dramatic reading in the proper character voices and stuff

then he decided to go off-script and it became crossover stuff with other characters he did and john wayne for some reason

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    haha yeah, i remember that story. that was almost as good as his raksha stories.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    haha yeah, i remember that story. that was almost as good as his raksha stories.

Man, no shit. The stuff he told about Raksha...

well, lemme throw out another quote. Then I should probably head to bed.
    Pony wrote: »
    Okay so back in the day I used to be into online RPGs. After I stopped partying n shit I kind of became an internet recluse for a while so I had free time out the whazoo.

And I got really into online text-based RPGs. MUDs and stuff. In particular, there was a couple Transformers based ones I was fond of.

A fixture in that community, a sort of celebrity of sorts, was this chick who called herself Raksha.

Raksha is batshit insane.

I won't try to put it into words, I'll let ED do the talking: http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Raksha

Every single thing in that article is 100% true.

Seriously. Well, except most of the "fun facts" section. Only the first two parts of that are true.

So Raksha played at a couple of the games I played at, and through that I was exposed to her insane "philosophy" about how the Decepticons were the heroes and Soundwave was like a "shaman" of the Decepticons and her "revolutionary" new game Decepticon Dominion.

She tried really hard to get me to join, and eventually, curiosity got the better of me. Terrible mistake.

I had to make up my own character, because every pre-existing character was either taken or "reserved for story use" (ie she wouldn't trust other people to play them).

Now, a brief aside: I suck at making up original characters for these things. It's not a lack of originality or nothing, it's just that... I mean, playing MUDs is pretty close to writing fanfiction in and of itself, and creating your own original character seems so much like "Mary Sue" creation. I avoid doing it. I'm not playing a Transformers RPG so I can make up my own crazy awesome dude, I am doing it so I can pretend to be Springer or whatever alright.

Okay, so, I make a dude at first. Autobot guy. She's like "NO! AUTOBOTS ARE EVIL!" and I am like "yeah, yeah, okay, I know, I am okay with that though. I like playing villains sometimes, it's fun."
    And she's like "NO YOU CANNOT PLAY AN AUTOBOT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING WITH ANYONE ELSE EXCEPT FIGHT THIS IS NOT A COMBAT SIM OKAY"

Okay, okay. So I make an original character. The character isn't actually original. It's basically just Springer but Decepticon. Same personality and stuff. Even is a triple-changer that turned into a car and a helicopter. Shit I think I even gave him a name that was like "Wrecker" or something. (For people who don't know jack about the old TF comics, Springer led a group of Autobots known as the Wreckers).

Basically, I wanted to see if she'd even notice the switcheroo. She didn't.

So, I actually got to play the game.

Oh my god.

You guys have been around the internet. You've seen White Power sites and shit, right? It was like that. You know how White Power sites try to sound all positive and clean and praise "only the good parts" about being racist and ignorant? That's what it reminded me of. Of being in a Neo-Nazi's house and seeing a big fat portrait of Hitler that's all flattering and in soft colors.

And that's not because I equate Decepticons with Nazis or something retarded like that. No, I'm comparing the devotion. The slavishness. The goose-stepping, everyone-salute-at-once praise for a fictional group of cartoon space robots!

The comparison doesn't end there. Because I was making a new character, I got to sit through an "Induction Ceremony" RP thing. Holy shit, it was deeply uncomfortable to read. Her rhetoric and writing, the things she was talking about, the way it was written, sounded like it was copy-pasted from Stormfront.

All of this would be fine, if the point was to invoke that sort of imagery intentionally to underline the evil of fictional villains. Sure, why not?

But the point was that she believed these people were the good guys.

She was praising these sorts of mindsets and attitudes and holding them up as admirable. It was like I got a tiny peak into someone else's creepy fantasy world that involved Nazi Robots From Space.

So, what did I do?

Remember when I talked about the replacing character names fanfic thing I did earlier? Yeah, actually I thought of it here first.

I copied the logs from her "induction" RP thinger, from her big speeches when she was RPing as Megatron, and I just did some word replacement. Replaced Empire with "Reich", Decepticon with "Aryan", Autobot with "Jew", etc.

Then I posted it, coupled with an unedited version, to a USENET group she posted on.

I was informed, via email, I was banned from Decepticon Dominion for, and I am quoting here, "Prime-level treachery"

Goatmon on

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I want to see that speech, mang.

I want to see it.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I thought she was just really detached and off, until I read this.

TLDR: Raksha is completely incapable of having an opinion about, nor arguing with, anyone without relating it to Transformers and her baseless fanatical adoration of Megatron.

Goatmon on

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh lord. That Crazy bitch did one of those Mosiacs as well.

I still have no clue how it got approved.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You can't tell us that and not post it.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Jesus
    A link to ED
    That was a good summer
    For the shit I occasionally give Goatmon about being a furry, at least he takes it in stride
    You haven't seen fucking insanity until you've seen a butthurt furry try to get the EDiots to take down his page
    It never happens

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Bodacious BBodacious B __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Is this the Transformers thread?
    cartoon.jpg

Bodacious B on
    falcon01-1.jpg
    pl-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    People who complain about derogatory things written about them on the Internet only give those things credence. If it wasn't true or if it was horribly exaggerated you would laugh and shake your head and take it all in stride, and if it really wasn't true eventually people would forget about it, or it would just become a little joke that comes up every once in a while.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Is this like a Transformers thread?

Every thread I post in is tangentially related to Transformers, because I get asked where I get my av/sigs from like once every day.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Bodacious BBodacious B __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I love your ava/sig theme DP.

Bodacious B on
    falcon01-1.jpg
    pl-1.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopic.php?t=2139
    don't know which one is her's, but here's a link with quite a few of the mosaics.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    People who complain about derogatory things written about them on the Internet only give those things credence. If it wasn't true or if it was horribly exaggerated you would laugh and shake your head and take it all in stride, and if it really wasn't true eventually people would forget about it, or it would just become a little joke that comes up every once in a while.

I should track down a few of the arbchat links
    Arbchat was a mock trial, in which we allowed the offended party to "plead their case"
    I put it in quotes because we didn't care, shit stayed up
    And some of the pure rage and vitriol and fake legal threats were just wonderful

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopic.php?t=2139
    don't know which one is her's, but here's a link with quite a few of the mosaics.

These aren't so bad, actually. Most of them seem to range from mediocre to fairly decent.

Not so much of the crazy nonsense, rather just some interesting story ideas, and some of them have pretty neat art.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Is this the Transformers thread?
    cartoon.jpg

yep

beast%20wars.jpg

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    guys the hulk transformer is really neat

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I'll subject you all to it's er . . . antimatter wonders.

Okay apparently she didn't write it persay. I asked around and she pretty much told the guy what to put down and tried to hide her involvement until it was released.

here -
    Till_All_Are_Autobot_by_Transformers_Mosaic.jpg

King Riptor on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    oh god i love it when people shade with black

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This thread scares me

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    oh god i love it when people shade with black

I know it makes it more emotional. I can totally feel his black emotions.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I'll subject you all to it's er . . . antimatter wonders.

Okay apparently she didn't write it persay. I asked around and she pretty much told the guy what to put down and tried to hide her involvement until it was released.

here -
    Till_All_Are_Autobot_by_Transformers_Mosaic.jpg

Those poor Jewcepticons.

Goatmon on

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Rodimus was kind of a Hitler-like leader

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Trying to paint the Decepticons as anything less than pure evil and the Autobots, particularly the original Autobots, as anything but totally awesome and good is just so utterly wrong

There isn't some alternate universe where that is the case, because it simply cannot be

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    The Last GentThe Last Gent Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ummm, hate to break it to ya, buuuutt....

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Shattered_Glass

The Last Gent on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Trying to paint the Decepticons as anything less than pure evil and the Autobots, particularly the original Autobots, as anything but totally awesome and good is just so utterly wrong

There isn't some alternate universe where that is the case, because it simply cannot be

Oh lordy.

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited September 2008

WHAT A TWIST

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Boy is my face red

Well, my point still stands in regards to the original Decepticons and Autobots and not some weirdass parallel dimension

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Shattered Glass Optimus Prime is pretty awesome

OptimusShattered_Glass08.jpg

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh hahaha

Rodimus_goatee.jpg

EVIL FACIAL HAIR

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jazz talks like Mr. T!

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Okay, I would probably pay money for one of those.

And I never buy transformers anymore.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    pity da foo

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I was actually just considering buying one, until I noticed that he's only available in a $500 set.

I don't want Pimptimus Prime that badly.

Goatmon on

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Shattered Glass Optimus Prime is pretty awesome
    OptimusShattered_Glass08.jpg
    For being an evil overlord he sure looks like he got the shit kicked out of him.
    Even Megatron took the time to look nice before delivering an ass whupping.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Funny you say that, because while there were certainly wholly evil Decepticons, as a whole they certainly weren't. Megatron, for example - "Peace through tyranny."

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    dang like, megaman would kick the shit out of any of these cats

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Funny you say that, because while there were certainly wholly evil Decepticons, as a whole they certainly weren't. Megatron, for example - "Peace through tyranny."

Megatron wouldn't subscribe to that philosophy if he weren't one of the most powerful beings on Cybertron though

It's super easy to say "peace through tyranny" when you plan on being the tyrant

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I for one welcome Mr. T Jazz.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    The Last GentThe Last Gent Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, actually looking at some of the bios and stuff for Shattered Glass, it's not really too much like Raksha's crazy ideas. It's more like the Autobots and Decpticons switched places in terms of their role in the story.

The Last Gent on