As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Burn After Reading

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The only real problem I had with teefs was her over dependence on using stupid memes and threadshitting in any thread that displeased her.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    3-D movies are awesome and you are being dumb.

if you wanna watch brendan fraser cash a paycheck in some stinker called journey to the center of the earth, go right ahead. i would personally rather bleed out through my penis.

i would like to see teefs return here one day. if only to post a big old image of lensman.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bibble wrote: »
    tfs' ban message from tube was something like "sorry i thought pony was a shoe-in"

hahahaha that is brilliant :D

Iskander on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the cheat wrote: »
    3-D movies are awesome and you are being dumb.

if you wanna watch brendan fraser cash a paycheck in some stinker called journey to the center of the earth, go right ahead. i would personally rather bleed out through my penis.

no, I want to watch stuff like Nightmare Before Christmas and Beowulf in 3-D

because those movies are pretty great in 3-D

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    yeah see, that's what i'm talkin about... holy shit 300 in 3D.... blood all flyin at you.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    DomovoiDomovoi Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't think I can watch 3D movies, what with glasses

I mean, can you wear both of them at once? doesn't that fuck things up?

No, that doesn't fuck things up. Why would it fuck things up?

If you have two eyes, and you can see through both of them, and your brain isn't crazy, you can watch 3D movies.

Also, 3D is still awesome. They just need to stop with that "Holy crap he's pointing the spear right at me" bullshit and just film them as if they are regular movies.

Domovoi on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    also the new 3-D process is pretty sweet because they don't have to use that red/blue stuff and it doesn't cause eyestrain like the old process either

I don't know how they do it, but it looks amazing

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i saw nightmare before xmas in 3d and it was fucking sweet

only downside was for some reason they redubbed patrick stewart's narration, so no more patrick stewart :(

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2008
    the bits in this movie where they're like "Seattle? Really?" made me think of this forum

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    BibbleBibble __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Jigrah wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Pony hasn't posted since, but looking up his last post, he's now just jailed, and not banned.

It's terrible but I don't miss teefs much. While I didn't vote to ban her, I did find most of her antics tiring most of the time.

Same, but banning is bullshit, thats pretty weak. This place is pretty weak if thats how things are run.

Peace, this is my last post, you all take it easy.

oh man

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bibble wrote: »
    Pony hasn't posted since, but looking up his last post, he's now just jailed, and not banned.

It's terrible but I don't miss teefs much. While I didn't vote to ban her, I did find most of her antics tiring most of the time.

Same, but banning is bullshit, thats pretty weak. This place is pretty weak if thats how things are run.

Peace, this is my last post, you all take it easy.

oh man

This looks like a case for Jiggs Casey

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    this looks like a case for lookslike a. casey

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fuckin Bibble man

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I just saw this movie. It was fucking brilliant.
    The characters were all so fucking good. And just witnessing the audience's reaction to the movie was priceless by itself

I want to talk about this movie.

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I read the Time review at the bookstore today.

They basically said it was shallow and vapid.

I kind of think that's the point.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Time said that? I'm surprised.

But then again, I only listen to Roger Ebert.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The point of the movie, if could even be said there is one, is to show that things and people are shallow and ridiculous and often comepletely pointless.

The character portrayals were all so great. A whole bunch of shallow assholes caring about the wrong things

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It was hilarious, too.

My friend and I, along with maybe 2 other people in a crowded theatre cracked up at the scene where
    clooney leaves the car with Malkovitch's wife and is holding the giant blue sex position wedge. It made it even funnier when I realized only us few people knew what the hell that thing was.

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Futore wrote: »
    The point of the movie, if could even be said there is one, is to show that things and people are shallow and ridiculous and often comepletely pointless.

The character portrayals were all so great. A whole bunch of shallow assholes caring about the wrong things

I actually felt the movie was more about the danger of unrealistic expectations.

'Cause everyone was acting like they were in a spy movie - low voices, buzz phrases like "raw intelligence" and "Good Samaritan," going to the Russians - despite their very mundane situations.

They were just so desperate for their lives to be something more. So they jumped at the first opportunity, assuming they were finally as important as they'd always wanted to be.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    yesss. I was hoping either you or PI would love this movie.

The final scene and Simmon's little monologue was so perfect.
    when he started summarizing how unimportant everything was, I got so excited because I had a feeling the movie was going to end on that note. After it ended, I could just feel so many confused people in the theatre. I found it to be pretty much perfectly executed

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I loved how Brad Pitt kept repeating "I'm just a good Samaritan!"

Moriveth on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

I loved how he always called Osborne Cox by his full name. Without exception.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It was hilarious, too.

My friend and I, along with maybe 2 other people in a crowded theatre cracked up at the scene where
    clooney leaves the car with Malkovitch's wife and is holding the giant blue sex position wedge. It made it even funnier when I realized only us few people knew what the hell that thing was.
    I was the exact same way. I started laughing, and nobody else laughed, so I just laughed even harder.

On the same note, when Clooney
    is cutting the carrots and finally freaks out, stares angrily at (forgot her name), and just stomps upstairs like a little kid, stomps back down, and leaves with the wedge
    I just fucking lost it. Just the look on his face...

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I loved how he always called Osborne Cox by his full name. Without exception.
    Oh god and the look Brad Pitt keeps giving him when they're in the car together, with his eyes narrowed in a pathetic attempt at "badass". God

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    ShankusuShankusu __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    when I saw this movie the people behind us loudly went "AWWW" as if the movie had withheld information from us or something

you know, the "aww" that means "but what happened to the characters"

the entire way out of the theatre my friend and I loudly made fun of whoever those people were by coming up with possible ways we could have learned more about the characters' fates

(spoilers)
    BRAD PITT CONTINUED TO BE DEAD

JOHN MALKOVICH DIED JUST LIKE THEY SAID HE WOULD

GEORGE CLOONEY GOT ON A PLANE, JUST LIKE THEY SAID HE WOULD

Shankusu on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    man I love this movie

everytime I think of Brad pitt dancing I just giggle

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Shankusu wrote: »
    when I saw this movie the people behind us loudly went "AWWW" as if the movie had withheld information from us or something

you know, the "aww" that means "but what happened to the characters"

the entire way out of the theatre my friend and I loudly made fun of whoever those people were by coming up with possible ways we could have learned more about the characters' fates

(spoilers)
    BRAD PITT CONTINUED TO BE DEAD

JOHN MALKOVICH DIED JUST LIKE THEY SAID HE WOULD

GEORGE CLOONEY GOT ON A PLANE, JUST LIKE THEY SAID HE WOULD
    it's a fair initial reaction i think, given that in MOST movies you are shown what happens to characters, not told what happens to them.

of course, this is the most basic rule of movies/storytelling, and it's obvious that's exactly what the coen bros wanted to fuck with, and hopefully those people will later decide that maybe this was the best way to handle it.

but they're not stupid for expecting something else.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man, I cannot wait to see this.

I am going to try and see this today.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    give me the money

give me the money

JUST GIVE ME THE MONEY

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    oh yeah so i saw this friday and it was fucking excellent

the pacing was top notch

jk simmons i want to kiss that man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnZSoO3IQE4

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Houk wrote: »
    It was hilarious, too.

I was the exact same way. I started laughing, and nobody else laughed, so I just laughed even harder.

On the same note, when Clooney
    is cutting the carrots and finally freaks out, stares angrily at (forgot her name), and just stomps upstairs like a little kid, stomps back down, and leaves with the wedge
    I just fucking lost it. Just the look on his face...

"You know you've always been a negative person...

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    man I just saw this today and it was awesome

George Clooney's character's DIY project had me rolling

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    man I just saw this today and it was awesome

George Clooney's character's DIY project had me rolling

Particularly when you see him undo it.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited September 2008
    also pony was not a gracious winner in the thread afterwards so he got banned too

As much as I didn't enjoy their posts, I am really sad to see them banned. That really disappointing about Tube.

this guy flipped out at me over PM it was the funniest shit ever. he's "left" now apparently

Tube on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Thats fantastic

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    also pony was not a gracious winner in the thread afterwards so he got banned too

As much as I didn't enjoy their posts, I am really sad to see them banned. That really disappointing about Tube.

this guy flipped out at me over PM it was the funniest shit ever. he's "left" now apparently

oh my goodness
    tube

tube can you post the pm

Bibble on
    2jezcsmjpg.gif
  • Options
    ShankusuShankusu __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008

who pony? he was on yesterday

Shankusu on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This movie was alright. I thought it would have been way better if the entire movie had been played more like The Big Lebowski or Fargo, as opposed to the pseudo-parody route it went. It was fun, though. I can't say I didn't laugh.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Houk, you said pretty much what I wanted to say about this flick. Thanks for saving me the trouble!

Clooney can't do wrong.

Polago on
  • Options
    Shifty FisterShifty Fister Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This doesn't come out in NZ until October 16th. Which isn't that long but long enough for me to moan about it because from the trailer I saw it looks hells of good. On the plus side WallE finally came out here so I guess I can see that.

Shifty Fister on