As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Tank Archetypes: We're in your PQ, stealing your deaths

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    New Heavy Metal in-game event: Earn the ability to roll a Black Guard / KotBS one week early.

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/liveevents/2008HeavyMetal.php
    The Age of Reckoning has dawned
    Across the Old World and on the island home of the High Elves, bitter enemies clash in bloody skirmishes and mighty battles. For the soldiers of Order and Destruction, there is no respite and no mercy. Now, the warring factions will gain new allies in the form of the fearsome Black Guard and the cunning Knight of the Blazing Sun. These heavily-armored soldiers race to the battlefront to anchor their realms' defenses and ensure that for every inch of ground given, the enemy pays in bitter blood.

With a thunderous war-cry and the ringing of steel on steel, the battle begins anew, with neither side willing to retreat or surrender.

New In-Game Live Event Introduces Two New Careers to WAR!
    The war has begun, and you've joined the forces of Order or Destruction, taking up arms with your realm-mates on the field of battle. You've conquered your foes in scenarios, stormed enemy-held keeps, raised your banners over battlefield objectives and banded together to thwart your enemies in public quests.

This November, we're bringing you a new challenge in the form of WAR's upcoming live event: Heavy Metal!

The Age of Reckoning is about to get even deadlier as the noble and cunning Knights of the Blazing Sun and the deadly Black Guard join the fight for domination of the Warhammer world.

Get a head start on the new WAR careers!!
    When the Heavy Metal live event begins on November 17th, players who log into WAR will see a new tab in the Tome of Knowledge. Clicking on this tab will open the Live Events page, where each day we'll place a new daily task. Completing these daily tasks earns influence, just like you'd earn in a public quest. There are rewards for Basic, Advanced and Elite influence, culminating in the ultimate prize: the chance to play WAR's new classes a full week before they're released to the public! This last reward won't be easy to earn, and players who want to get to the Elite level will need to log in each day and complete on the daily event.

Exclusive Scenario

We will also be adding a new scenario, Reikland Factory, for Heavy Metal that will only be available to players for the duration of this live event. This scenario will take place in a steam tank factory in the Empire Tier 4 zone of Reikland and see players battling for control of different areas of the factory. This new scenario will be available for players of all levels, on all tiers, but will not contribute to the campaign. Participation in this scenario will give players an extra 10% bonus to their Renown point gain.

So sharpen your blades, load your handguns, pray to your gods and feed your Squigs and White Lions. Heavy Metal is almost here, and you don't want to miss out!

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well.

No fucking way am I starting another tank. I don't care how cool either of those two are.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My problem is the tank I want to try is order. D: I wanted to play KotBS for so long... it's just such a ridiculous looking class!

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Lucky for me I held off on making a tank for just such an occasion as this.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Speaking of tanks, the new career podcasts are up on Mythic's site.

http://warhammeronline.com/podcast/index.php

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I guess I'll hold off on starting an Ironbreaker to see if the Black Guard is any good. And I had just decided on that little psycho ball of dwarven fury, too.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm really worked up about the Black Guard now, though I have mixed feelings about the Heavy Metal event. On one hand it sounds like a pretty cool event and it has a unique scenario tied to it. On the other hand I would simply prefer everyone have access to the two new tanks immediately as opposed to giving exclusive access.

I'll probably do it though, or at least attempt to. Having to get on every day seems like a pain in the ass though, particularly those of us with busy lives. Suppose it won't be too bad though, assuming the tasks are not too demanding.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    WolveSight wrote: »

As for Wolve, you need to read the descriptions on the abilities, I would not go down that path. You have shield mastery, which looks like a good tactic, but you also have Cave In which requires a great weapon. That means that no matter what, you will not be using one of your top ranked abilities.

My plan right now is this. With the last three points, I'll try Grumble and Mutter and Cave In, see which I like better. I just got Told ya So! and I'm trying to see if I like it.

I think it is more worth it to specialize down 2 trees max. The bonus for the skills is very good.

Actually, I just go down the line through the Vengeance tree, I didn't actually choose Cave-in. I play with a shield, hence why. However, I felt it better to get as much out of that tree as possible seeing as how those are the abilities I use the most. This may change later (via a patch change or such), but from just experimenting, I haven't seen putting just 3 points or so into the buffing tree would help as much.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Tag wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    ... Man, why doesn't Can't Hit Me scale with stats? :(

Yeah... it's kind of a disappointment. Been thinking of swapping over to Da Boss a lot lately since Da Toughest is feeling pretty lack luster in T4 except in PvE content.

strength definitely increases my Can't Hit Me damage output. Is there something I missed, other than Can't Hit Me being ridiculously fuckawesome?

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    DUCOM wrote: »
    Anyone know why the candymancer vent is not working by any chance, or is it just me? im confused

sorry for the late reply... check the guild forums, the info. has been updated.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Kagnaros wrote: »
    brotherhood mastery path for ironbreakers is awesome.

discuss.

So true. To be fair, it's really so good just because the other two trees feel like they're lacking.

The offensive tree is pretty excellent as a whole, but feels weaker due to the current perceived issues with great weapons.

The Defensive tree incredibly weak aside from shield mastery. Nothing else is feels remotely useful in there, although most people will pick up Oath Bound on the way. I like the idea of the Furious Reprisal, but someone dropped the ball on that one. Correct me if I am wrong, as I have not used the tactic, but why the hell would you give something with a three-four second stun a secondary effect that lasts five seconds? Unless it kicks in AFTER the knockdown portion, it just doesn't make sense.

On the flip side, Brotherhood increases ones defenses more than the defensive tree: improving your armor, disrupt via willpower, and corporeal resistance abilities, as well as a spell absorption shield and an HoT. It's not even a contest.

All three Tier 4 Morale abilities for the Iron breaker paths feel lacking, aside from perhaps the Offensive one (which has a small AoE from the looks of it)

I hope path of Stone gets looked at in 1.1 or 1.2 or something.

actually, if I remember right, shield of reprisal is the cone attack that can hit up to 3 people that costs grudge. Shield sweep is the stun/knockdown. So the idea is you can silence up to 3 people for 5 seconds (as long as they're within melee range of course) and deal some pretty good damage along the way. I wouldn't say it's a "bad" talent, but there are better ones out there, especially as you get farther down the trees.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    actually, if I remember right, shield of reprisal is the cone attack that can hit up to 3 people that costs grudge. Shield sweep is the stun/knockdown.
    Sorry to say, but Shield of Reprisal is the knockdown and it's definitely the one buffed by the Furious Reprisal tactic. Assuming FR's effect starts when you knock someone down and not when they get up, it's pretty useless. Shield Sweep is the 3-target-max AoE cone attack, and it's not affected by that tactic.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    kaleedity wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    ... Man, why doesn't Can't Hit Me scale with stats? :(

Yeah... it's kind of a disappointment. Been thinking of swapping over to Da Boss a lot lately since Da Toughest is feeling pretty lack luster in T4 except in PvE content.

strength definitely increases my Can't Hit Me damage output. Is there something I missed, other than Can't Hit Me being ridiculously fuckawesome?

It increases it, but it doesn't scale well. Switching to my str set ups the damage by, like, 20. That's what I what I thought Kaleedity was talking about.

Even after just a couple levels of having it, its noticeably weaker and weaker at AoE grinding, and the damage it does in RvR is basically meaningless (except for allowing you to "tag" lots of targets if you catch the ire of the whole team).

Don't get me wrong, the survivability aspect of it is great in certain situations (like retreating), but its a move with a *lot* of drawbacks. In RvR, in almost all non-solo cases, HtL seems to serve me and my team better.

Edit: I mean, lets look at it:
    HtL is baseline, provides you with a 45% mitigation for spells and ranged, and provides a stackable buff for everyone behind you for 15% more mitigation.

Can't Hit Me is +50% block, a 40% self snare, and a fairly trivial damage proc.

So CHM gives a whooping 5% more mitigation against ranged attackers, makes it harder to close on them, and acts, if anything, like a detaunt because it encourages people to stop attacking you (not normally what you want as a tank, you also easily lose aggro doing this in PvE). It does help more against melee (unless they flank you) who we're strongest against anyway, but it prevents proccing of Da Toughest so you lose out on healing from that, along with a lot of damage from your skills. It either needs better reactive damage, to lose the snare, or to provide the HtL buff / something similar (X% chance to block attacks on people right behind you?) to really be a good skill.

Tag on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Can't Hit Me is awesome just for bunkering down once you've convinced a bunch of people to attack you. Whenever you bite off more than you can chew and are getting nuked down, just toss it up until you get healed. Compared to Hold the Line, not only does it help against melee too, it costs less AP, has +5% extra mitigation, and on top of that a bonus to +Block is better than an equivalent boost to Disrupt/Dodge/Parry because your base block rate is higher, and each percent of mitigation gets more valuable as it approaches 100%. That's assuming that the chances aren't additive, in which case it wouldn't make any difference, I'm not really sure.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    actually, if I remember right, shield of reprisal is the cone attack that can hit up to 3 people that costs grudge. Shield sweep is the stun/knockdown.
    Sorry to say, but Shield of Reprisal is the knockdown and it's definitely the one buffed by the Furious Reprisal tactic. Assuming FR's effect starts when you knock someone down and not when they get up, it's pretty useless. Shield Sweep is the 3-target-max AoE cone attack, and it's not affected by that tactic.

yep, you're right. the site I was looking at at work had reversed them (wardb.com is blocked). Yeah, I'd have to agree that it's pretty crappy at best. Now, if that tactic worked on the melee-cone attack which can hit up to 3 targets, that'd make more sense and actually be effective.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Zek wrote: »
    Can't Hit Me is awesome just for bunkering down once you've convinced a bunch of people to attack you. Whenever you bite off more than you can chew and are getting nuked down, just toss it up until you get healed. Compared to Hold the Line, not only does it help against melee too, it costs less AP, has +5% extra mitigation, and on top of that a bonus to +Block is better than an equivalent boost to Disrupt/Dodge/Parry because your base block rate is higher, and each percent of mitigation gets more valuable as it approaches 100%. That's assuming that the chances aren't additive, in which case it wouldn't make any difference, I'm not really sure.

Well my block with CHM isn't quite 100% but my block + parry is and I don't recall ever getting hit when AoE grinding, so there's some evidence its additive (which makes some sense). That said, the chance is really tiny anyway, and there's generally so much scrolling spam that a hit could have gotten through w/o me noticing.

But back to CHM. You're a tank, cowering behind a shield, taking low/no damage, causing a small damage proc on people thick enough to still be targeting you, creeping along slowly, and not attacking/CCing anyone. If that doesn't scream "Attacking this person is a waste of time if there is *anyone* else out there" I don't know what will. And unlike HTL, there's no penalty for ignoring you -- you're actually effectively CCing yourself pretty well through not doing anything and snaring yourself. The slightly lower AP cost equates to about 4 extra seconds of taking yourself out of the fight if you drain the whole bar.

So far, the only effective use I've found for it in RvR is to either charge ahead and try to mitigate the "alpha" strike by being the first one in range (unreliable because of the self snare, being an unattractive target to begin with, and because the most devastating alphas from Order are instant casts like Boiling Blood), or when everyone else is dead / retreating and I want to stall the enemy team and pray a healer gets back to me in time (they never do :( ). In the same situations I could use HtL and close the distance / retreat much faster but also reduce the damage to the more attractive targets near the front line. Don't underestimate the 15%(*1-3) ranged mitigation buff for the people behind you.

Tag on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Zek wrote: »

Well my block with CHM isn't quite 100% but my block + parry is and I don't recall ever getting hit when AoE grinding, so there's some evidence its additive (which makes some sense). That said, the chance is really tiny anyway, and there's generally so much scrolling spam that a hit could have gotten through w/o me noticing.

But back to CHM. You're a tank, cowering behind a shield, taking low/no damage, causing a small damage proc on people thick enough to still be targeting you, creeping along slowly, and not attacking/CCing anyone. If that doesn't scream "Attacking this person is a waste of time if there is *anyone* else out there" I don't know what will. And unlike HTL, there's no penalty for ignoring you -- you're actually effectively CCing yourself pretty well through not doing anything and snaring yourself. The slightly lower AP cost equates to about 4 extra seconds of taking yourself out of the fight if you drain the whole bar.

So far, the only effective use I've found for it in RvR is to either charge ahead and try to mitigate the "alpha" strike by being the first one in range (unreliable because of the self snare, being an unattractive target to begin with, and because the most devastating alphas from Order are instant casts like Boiling Blood), or when everyone else is dead / retreating and I want to stall the enemy team and pray a healer gets back to me in time (they never do :( ). In the same situations I could use HtL and close the distance / retreat much faster but also reduce the damage to the more attractive targets near the front line. Don't underestimate the 15%(*1-3) ranged mitigation buff for the people behind you.

Like I said, it's for saving your own ass. Like a pressure valve to shake off a couple people or buy time to get healed up again. If the assist train decides to turn on you even as a full defense tank you won't last long without serious focus healing, but you can make them waste their time and then start taunting them again if they change targets. A tank is much more useful taking damage slowly over time than dying in one burst.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Right, but no (competent) team is ever going to target a tank anyway, unless there are no other options. Even if they do focus you, the melee and casters will be on opposite sides of you, allowing one set or the other to completely ignore block anyway. I have never had, say, a Grudge group focus on me when there are squishier classes around. Hell, even if there's not, sometimes they'll just run past me if time is an issue.

It's not useless, its just so extremely situational, so penalized, and so high up in the tree that it isn't very effective. It would look a little better if HtL weren't directly competing with it.

Edit: I almost wonder if HtL was supposed to be a self root when CHM was designed. It would make a lot of sense.

Tag on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    1.0.5:
    # Guard: This ability should no longer attempt to work on players outside of your group.

:| Well that blows. I guess we were always intended to be tanking strictly for our own group. At least it's clear now so people will know how it works.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Bah that is so annoying. Hey bud, you're right next to me taking damage but there is sooooo little I can do about it :(

Tag on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the Aura mechanic, the more I try to utilize them. It often feels like a lot of work for nothing.

Have you Chosen found a sweet spot between twisting and focusing on usual attack chains?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Twisting is a pain in the hole, i used to just run around with Dreadful Fear on, then i started using Discordant Instability along with Blast Wave for that extra Ravage damage, I really only twist when I'm fighting multiple targets

DI, BW, DF - Occasionally throw in Dreadful Agony, Single targets however I just stick with DI, BW

I just always forget to bloody do it "Hit the Witch Hunter! Hit him some more! Hit him again! shit i should be twisting, TWIST! Hit him again! oh, he's dead"

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Right now I'm using Discordant Fluctuation, Discordant Turbulence, Corrupting Horror, and Dreadful Agony regularly. I won't twist for maximum effect though, because it would make the game not fun. A lot of the other Chosen I run across just use the strength and toughness ones, and maybe Discordant Instability.

I really wish that the auras stuck to players for 12 seconds after they leave range. It seems obvious to me...

Malkor on
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ok, I have a question. I have almost no reason to use the Da Biggest or Da Greenest on my Black Orc. I want to send in some feedback about it, but I have no idea what to tell them. Da Toughest is by far the most important ability in my arsenal in RvR and PvE. There's really no reason not to use it.

I was thinking that maybe Da Biggest should proc a lesser taunt, like some classes have tactics that detaunt. I would've said a Tooth of Tzeenth-like effect, but they already added that to Skull Crusher. I was thinking maybe a debuff remover for Da Greenest.

Does anyone here have some ideas? What do Swordmasters even use? I wonder if you guys get something to make up for how cool Da Toughest is.

Also, I was going to submit something about Juggernaut, but it looks like they've figured it out/are paying attention to it.

Toothy on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Toothy wrote: »
    Ok, I have a question. I have almost no reason to use the Da Biggest or Da Greenest on my Black Orc. I want to send in some feedback about it, but I have no idea what to tell them. Da Toughest is by far the most important ability in my arsenal in RvR and PvE. There's really no reason not to use it.

I was thinking that maybe Da Biggest should proc a lesser taunt, like some classes have tactics that detaunt. I would've said a Tooth of Tzeenth-like effect, but they already added that to Skull Crusher. I was thinking maybe a debuff remover for Da Greenest.

Does anyone here have some ideas? What do Swordmasters even use? I wonder if you guys get something to make up for how cool Da Toughest is.

Also, I was going to submit something about Juggernaut, but it looks like they've figured it out/are paying attention to it.

Da Biggest = monster contribution points.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Malkor wrote:
    Right now I'm using Discordant Fluctuation, Discordant Turbulence, Corrupting Horror, and Dreadful Agony regularly. I won't twist for maximum effect though, because it would make the game not fun. A lot of the other Chosen I run across just use the strength and toughness ones, and maybe Discordant Instability.

I really wish that the auras stuck to players for 12 seconds after they leave range. It seems obvious to me...

At the moment I'm solidly specialized in the dread mastery tree, so I use dreadful agony alot. With the tree fully mastered at level 32, I do about 90 damage every 3 seconds or so with it. Which doesn't seem like a big deal, but it builds up over time and is especially useful in PvE if you're herding a group of enemies together. Mixed with raze or warping embrace (which is REALLY nasty by the way), it works out pretty well. I've discovered dreadful agony works great for guarding flags in scenarios too. The DoT prevents folks from interacting with the flag, and helps with decloaking stealthers trying to ninja the flag.

Operative21 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    When I was farming unicorns for tome unlocks, I found Discord useful; gather 3-5 mobs, Blast Wave for reduced Spirit resist, DoT each, then Raze would be ready to finish them off. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Blast Wave in PvP is an entirely different matter, as everyone resists it, all the time. Hopefully 1.0.5 will shore that up.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm currently looking at moving toward a 12-point (at 27) Chosen build that uses both Corrupting Horror and Discordant Turbulence; +0.5 second cast time and -25% healing. With the guided-missile-toward-Bright-Wizard role I tend to take, I think the cast time debuff will be more devastating than increased Str or reduced resists, particularly with judicious use of Blast Wave (as it seems it and Instability don't stack).

Anyone tried this?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm sure it's been mentioned already but I finally picked up the PlanB addon for my blorc and wow is it badass. I was having trouble keeping track of my abilities and where they were and which plan I was on but now I tear shit up. Throwin' guard on whoever is gettin' messed up snaring whoever is on them... fun times, and I use the ThinkOutLoud addon too so whenever I used guard I say " I got yer back [targetsname]".

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    When I was farming unicorns for tome unlocks, I found Discord useful; gather 3-5 mobs, Blast Wave for reduced Spirit resist, DoT each, then Raze would be ready to finish them off. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Blast Wave in PvP is an entirely different matter, as everyone resists it, all the time. Hopefully 1.0.5 will shore that up.

Not just blast wave, Quake too, and Petrify, and other otherwise very useful abilties that get blocked or absorbed. -_-

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »

Not just blast wave, Quake too, and Petrify, and other otherwise very useful abilties that get blocked or absorbed. -_-

Slow Mors is slow, remember? I don't have those other shinies yet.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Btw, why did you take away my standard bearing priveledges? Dammit! I actually killed someone with it once.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I think my Chosen has finally come into it's own. At level 29. I pretty much always do ~29-33k damage, and sometimes I'll even break 10k healing if I have that aura up during scenarios.

With the right combination of luck, morale abilities, and the tiniest bit of skill/intelligence, I can survive anything the other team throws at me. And hurt them for hurting me. If it weren't for the annoying-ness of twisting auras, I'd say the class is perfect the way it is.

Malkor on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    I don't twist, but I've been surprised by how survivable my Chosen is recently. When I see a zerg coming at me I pop Hold the Line and start to back up. When they get right up on me I Quake (and kick one into the lava if I'm in TA), pop Hold the Line again and keep backing up. When they catch up again I use the power that raises your Parry by 25%, immobilize them and keep backing up. By the time they actually start beating me down I've wasted 20 of their seconds and usually the most recent spawn is catching up to me. It's great. I'm really looking forward to getting the 4 second knockdown, but that's like 5 levels away for me.

If they really want to fix twisting what they need to do it have it not trigger cooldown for your powers. Between the cost of triggering the power and the hit it places on your damage it doesn't seem worth it a lot of the time.

A duck! on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Black Orc

* Da Plan will no longer suddenly reset while using abilities.

Swordmaster

* Balance will no longer suddenly reset while using abilities.

Woot!

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I usually just have the Toughness or Strength aura up, depending on what else the other Chosen in the group are using. I switch it to Discordant Fluctuation if Order is running a lot of RDPS and we're charging.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I got sick of playing a shaman, i'm rubbish as a healer. So I switched to Chosen, and now I actually enjoy playing this game. My question is: since i'm so low level now, and absolutely awful at this game, am i going to be able to join TSM or is everyone like super high levels

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Everyone is super high levels, especially me.
    This is not true, we have tons of casual/new/slow players.

I've also settled on a really comfortable and reasonably effective use of Auras. I've divided them (by hotkey accessiblity) into offensive and defensive effects and will twist based on both positioning and nearby friends and foes. Generally, this means I'll start a battle (PvP or PvE) with -resist up or caster damage if under a BW assault. Once I'm stuck in, I'll jump to the Str aura at first, then drop my Blast Wave to kill resists before the initial Discordant aura fades. I then go to Discordant Turbulence if I'm still up front to disrupt healing after some damage has been done.

When I back off, I'll drop back down to a defensive aura. In practice, the pace and movement of most fights seems to drive efficient use (and reminder) of this type of twisting, as I'm not trying to twist unless there's a context-specific reason for it.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    RubberAC wrote: »
    So I got sick of playing a shaman, i'm rubbish as a healer. So I switched to Chosen, and now I actually enjoy playing this game. My question is: since i'm so low level now, and absolutely awful at this game, am i going to be able to join TSM or is everyone like super high levels

They've decided to allow one alt in addition to a main in TSM, so in addition to new players we will have a fair number of people with their alts in the lower tiers as well.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm waiting until Black Metal is over so I can aoe heal millions of Blackguard with a DoK.

Malkor on