Options

[WoW] Shammy chat!

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    I dunno, I'm just going crazy waiting on 3 second auto attacks for a proc (which will then insult you by double WFing a mob with 5% HP).
    I assume they just force you to do this for 20 levels so you can appreciate how much you enjoy not being a paladin for the rest of the character's life.

Entriech on
  • Options
    DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It's super ridiculous that Hunters can dual wield 20 levels before Shamans, waiting to level 40 to start playing your class is pretty stupid. I'm kinda surprised duel wield didn't get moved to somewhere earlier in the tree when they removed the even more retarded talenting for 2h's.

Shadow Priests don't get Shadow Form until level 40.

Leveling to 40 nowadays, after the exp boosting patch, isn't all that hard. And especially after the level 30 mounts come in it will go MUCH faster.

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That might be why I've never gotten a Priest past the 20's either, just gimme the goodies already.

815165 on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So, here's my Shaman.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Soledad
    Should I get the Badge Boots or Badge pants first? I can afford the boots right now, but if I buy the pants I'd be willing to get the healing thread for them. (This is of course, assuming I don't get the healing pants from Kael this weekend)

Well, you can get pants upgrades from Kara and Gruul's Lair. The badge boots, OTOH, are the best until T6 boots. I say go for the boots.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    DharmaBum wrote: »
    It's super ridiculous that Hunters can dual wield 20 levels before Shamans, waiting to level 40 to start playing your class is pretty stupid. I'm kinda surprised duel wield didn't get moved to somewhere earlier in the tree when they removed the even more retarded talenting for 2h's.

Leveling to 40 nowadays, after the exp boosting patch, isn't all that hard. And especially after the level 30 mounts come in it will go MUCH faster.

But you get mind flay at 20. Enhancment shamans get auto attack and shocks until 40

Scroffus on
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Scroffus wrote: »
    DharmaBum wrote: »

But you get mind flay at 20. Enhancment shamans get auto attack and shocks until 40

Windfury at 30. Which makes is bearable, but only just.

Kartan on
  • Options
    fodderboyfodderboy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I've been playing my (now 33) enhancement Shaman, and he feels so weak, even with my 70 providing weapons for him. Waiting around for WF procs kinda sucks and when they don't come it's very tiresome.
    Will the goodies in the early 40's radically improve things? Currently it just feels like I'm waiting around for the RNG to be friendly.

I was in the same boat. I parked my shaman at 36 8 months ago. Even dabbled in elemental, bought all the spell damage gear i could, and it was even slower. Just waiting for windfury to proc is boring, it reminded me of a pally and SoC - but with out the armor.

This weekend i decided level Hoofbeats to at least to 40 and see if it improved, plus i wanted to see the new content in Duskwallow marsh. I grabbed storm strike at 40 - made a HUGE difference. Things would die quick with a 2 hander - two shotted a 41 rogue (SS and ES both crit).

At 41 got DW, now its fun again :) Tough it out till 40, and keep a good slow 2-hander on ya. Oh and go to Duskwallow, a lot of new stuff there.

The only problem i have now is finding GOOD shaman weapons, the AH is pretty bare and didn't find anything for quest rewards.

fodderboy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    fodderboy wrote: »
    So I've been playing my (now 33) enhancement Shaman, and he feels so weak, even with my 70 providing weapons for him. Waiting around for WF procs kinda sucks and when they don't come it's very tiresome.
    Will the goodies in the early 40's radically improve things? Currently it just feels like I'm waiting around for the RNG to be friendly.

I was in the same boat. I parked my shaman at 36 8 months ago. Even dabbled in elemental, bought all the spell damage gear i could, and it was even slower. Just waiting for windfury to proc is boring, it reminded me of a pally and SoC - but with out the armor.

This weekend i decided level Hoofbeats to at least to 40 and see if it improved, plus i wanted to see the new content in Duskwallow marsh. I grabbed storm strike at 40 - made a HUGE difference. Things would die quick with a 2 hander - two shotted a 41 rogue (SS and ES both crit).

At 41 got DW, now its fun again :) Tough it out till 40, and keep a good slow 2-hander on ya. Oh and go to Duskwallow, a lot of new stuff there.

The only problem i have now is finding GOOD shaman weapons, the AH is pretty bare and didn't find anything for quest rewards.

there are two pretty neat ones dropping in ZF...if you are lucky.

Kartan on
  • Options
    fodderboyfodderboy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kartan wrote: »
    fodderboy wrote: »

there are two pretty neat ones dropping in ZF...if you are lucky.

Yeah i just did some filtered searches on Wowhead, saw those two. Each faction has a pretty good quest reward for the upper 40's, will try to get the one on alliance side.

fodderboy on
  • Options
    nourishnourish Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Anyone have tips for fighting rogues? I am in a mix of s1 / s2, have the 2 minute insignia - but even if I through some totems down and swap on a shield, I die to stunlock + cc.

nourish on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    nourish wrote: »
    Anyone have tips for fighting rogues? I am in a mix of s1 / s2, have the 2 minute insignia - but even if I through some totems down and swap on a shield, I die to stunlock + cc.

If you're resto and you're geared well enough, you can wear most rogues down by just dropping totems, healing, and slowly pinging them to death.

If you're elemental or enhancement, rogues will absolutely destroy you in 1v1 PvP because lol PvP balance.

Your best bet in general is to hire a warrior or warlock with good gear to kill them for you.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Summon your Fire Elemental immediately and keep that poison-cleansing totem down.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Everything absolutely destroys me. Regret leaving the 59 twink bracket.

nourish on
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    nourish wrote: »

I'm guessing you're an enhancement shaman due to you saying you swap on a shield. 1vs1, I'm afraid you just have to suck it up, because you need support. The poison totem doesn't do much, because by the time you're out of the stunlock, he's got all the poison he needs to kill you. You're equipping the shield to stop so much damage incoming which is about all I know; quite hard to say which cc you need to use your trinket; personally I save it for the blind.

I've got an enhancement shaman in my guild, and in pvp, he says he stands a chance against all classes with the exception of rogues and another class...I forget which one. Tbh, you're in the same boat as alot of other classes with the current state of rogues, so I'm afraid for the time being, you'll just have to make do.

Resto is the best build out of all the specs to deal with rogues, but that's because a rogue needs to be about the same level of gear, and actually have a brain to kill you. Resto shamans punish dipshit rogues.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Starting a Rogue toon must automatically install the dipsh_t chip into your brain, 'cuz all Rogues are. In battlegrounds they operate on that "only attack every 3 minutes when my trinkets are off cooldown, do absolutely nothing to help my team" wavelength that we've all grown to know and love. Weenies.

I've noticed when I play my Mage that most Rogues have a standard attack script or macro, 'cuz when they break stealth and try to gut me and I Blink away they will stand in place, executing attacks against empty space while I Ice Lance the crap out of them. Weenies.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    But moving forward is haaaaaaard. Stop blinking and we wouldn't have this problem asshat.

Scroffus on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My absence from WoW included my absence from WoW based pages. So you could imagine my surprise when I went to WoWhead and found they compiled a talent tool for the WotLK alpha talents. I jumped all over that shit and went right for the shaman. And I'm so pleased with the results so far. I have my fingers crossed for the best when it comes to getting from alpha to beta, that things get better or not get too nerfed.

Dink.

Henroid on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Think you're better off going elemental actually... Spell crit and melee crit are the same stat now (in wotlk) so Ele Devestation is pretty ridiculous compared to 3% hit you get from resto.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ehn/Resto would be more geared towards PvE, while Ehn/Elem I could see doing well in PvP... something like this, perhaps.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Thunder knocks people back 200 yards?

lolwut

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Beck wrote: »

lolwut

/facepalm. You're a bright one.
    Makershot wrote: »
    Ehn/Resto would be more geared towards PvE, while Ehn/Elem I could see doing well in PvP... something like this, perhaps.

3% hit is all you get from resto with the spec he posted, the gains from ele are greater pve or not.

edit: also you linked his same build.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I did indeed. Something like this.

The PvE advantage in Resto is Totemic Mastery, but even then it can be lived without. Hit rating is always good, especially considering that we're not itemized for +hit.

But we have such threat issues as it is that I shudder at the thought of a bonus 9% crit every few seconds. I mean, damn, Earth Shock critting roughly 40% of the time? It's going to be brutal.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The +3% hit out of the resto line for an enhancement shammy is excellent, I don't think it should be skipped out on.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Uh, it's good, but it's not as good as 9% extra crit with what would be nearly 100% uptime. I'm sure I could do the math but reaaaaally don't feel like it. You also gain cheaper heals whenever your spells crit by going ele since ele focus procs for lhw/hw now and your shocks cool down faster as well.

Thinking about it, I actually see the point if they keep totems at the retarded 20 yrd range now that totems are raid wide. Totemic mastery would be worth the pts in resto alone.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »

lolwut

So did I read it wrong, or...

Beck on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

lolwut

So did I read it wrong, or...

Think -really- hard.

edit: also, surprise, the wowhead wotlk talent calculator is being lame again. Please use http://wotlkwiki.info/talent/shaman.html

Mgcw on
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It's supposed to say 20 yards.

Am I missing something about spirit link? It seems to suck.

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Am I missing something about spirit link? It seems to suck.

Uhh, that's the first rank of the spell that you get if you're talking about the 2200 damage part. If you're talking about the ability in general then uh, yeah I think you're missing quite a bit.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    It's supposed to say 20 yards.

Ah, yeah. I assumed as much, it's just a funny typo, and I figured it was worth pointing out.

You could never lose any duel ever.

Also, I wish the MMO section of these forums were friendly. I thought it was obvious I was joking around with the "lolwut" but all right.

Beck on
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I was talking about the 2200 damage part, yeah. I hope that damage scales up a lot with ranks if that's the case, 2200 seems way low to me.

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Even at 20 yards, I am getting this image of shaman frisbee, bouncing someone between a few shaman

You score points by bouncing someone off a cliff or getting the killing blow of course :)

nourish on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    We're already discussing our shaman golf tournament, unfortunately I'm the ball. :(

815165 on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    What's gonna be funny is when WoTLK is released, and Thunder is bugged, and does knock things back 200 yards, and everything you attack with it automatically leashes :p

That's one thing I really do miss about CoX vs WoW.. the insanity with knock backs and ups.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    nopantsjacknopantsjack Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I've just hit 60 with my shaman and I'm enhancement and its working alright so far but its very boring and i die in like 3 hits. Is there a viable Elemental grind build?
    Or am i doomed to "Stormstrike.......crit-earthshock......stormstrike....oom" forever?

nopantsjack on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I've just hit 60 with my shaman and I'm enhancement and its working alright so far but its very boring and i die in like 3 hits. Is there a viable Elemental grind build?
    Or am i doomed to "Stormstrike.......crit-earthshock......stormstrike....oom" forever?

Water shield fixes pretty much everything wrong with enhancement shaman mana. Rank 1 at level 62. Between that and shamanistic rage, you'll have more problems trying to use all your mana instead of conserving it.

Also you need two ~2.6 speed weapons if you don't have them. Two handers and fast onehanders are pretty much inferior.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Nobody is ever kidding about 2.6 speed weapons. They make a bigger difference than you would think. It also doesn't hurt to pick a spot among mobs where you can throw down a couple of totems for yourself and pull enemies with lightning.

Henroid on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Uh, it's good, but it's not as good as 9% extra crit with what would be nearly 100% uptime. I'm sure I could do the math but reaaaaally don't feel like it. You also gain cheaper heals whenever your spells crit by going ele since ele focus procs for lhw/hw now and your shocks cool down faster as well.

Thinking about it, I actually see the point if they keep totems at the retarded 20 yrd range now that totems are raid wide. Totemic mastery would be worth the pts in resto alone.

I don't really see how you're going to gear yourself for enhancement and have 40% spell crit. Most enhancement shaman don't even have that much melee crit, raid buffed.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Kainy wrote: »

I don't really see how you're going to gear yourself for enhancement and have 40% spell crit. Most enhancement shaman don't even have that much melee crit, raid buffed.
    Hit, Crit, Spell Hit, and spell Crit are all the same in WotLK. Take a look at your enhancement shaman, and see how much +Hit and +Crit he has from gear. Thats how much +spell hit and +spell crit you also have. It wont be that hard to do.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Macro Question for my troll shaman:

I want to make a macro that does (in order):
    Trinket; Berserking; Elemental Mastery; Bloodlust

If I do a series of /cast, then if EM or Berserking is not available, it won't cast Bloodlust. Ideas?

planetes42 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I think /castsequence is what you are looking for.

Kartan on
This discussion has been closed.