Options

Metacritic's lowest scores, for your favorite games!

• Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Actually the mention of bad Halo reviews made me think of this:
    (Note: I have not played these games since they are rated "M" and aren't allowed on the Fellowship U campus, so I am basing this mini-review on Secular media reports.)
    The Halo series is a very popular first person shooter game that first appeared on the original Xbox. The single-player campaign is set in space on a giant ring-planet (that is why it is misleadingly called "halo", it has nothing to do with angels or anyone holy) where human soldiers are battling aliens for possession of the halo. The player controls the Master Chef who in a surprise twist turns out to be more than just a military cook... he's also a super soldier (I think this was the plot of a Steven Seagal movie I saw before I was born again, only that was set on a Navy ship and he fought terrorists instead of aliens. But it's the same general idea.) It's a war game, so there's lots of violence, but it's against aliens (God hasn't said anything yet about aliens, so I guess that's morally acceptable for now).
    However, the alien forces are called "the Covenant" and are depicted as having strong religious values and a desire for Salvation, so they are undoubtedly a reference to Christians. The Halo planet itself is probably a reference to the rainbow God gave as a sign of His Covenant with us (Gen. 9:12-17), which means the game's objective of keeping Halo from the aliens is really about destroying God's relationship with His creation. Typical for the Secular media, the Christians are alien bad guys and must be either led away from God or killed. Also, there's a naked woman in the game, only she's a computer and translucent, but I'm told you can still totally see stuff.
    Where the Halo series gets really bad is in its online play, which allows teams of players to fight each other to capture the flag or other objectives. Unlike in single-player, here the players are trying to kill other humans (who are actual real people, not just AIs), desensitizing them to the murder of their friends and classmates (although the games are rated "M" most players are underage). Players swear and use blasphemies constantly in the voice chat, but that's not the worst part. When a player kills another player, he goes to the corpse and does something called "tea bagging". I'm not going to describe this since it's gross, but, according to Skeet, it's something that homosexuals do to each other. Why would they do this in a game!? (That's not the only homosexual content. The human soldiers are referred to as "Spartans" -- the real Spartans were notorious homosexuals. Come to think of it, homosexuals have also stolen the rainbow symbol from Christians and are using it to separate people from their God by leading them astray into the "Gay lifestyle". Maybe Bungie included "tea bagging" to further their anti-Covenant theme into the multiplayer campaigns.) For violence, nudity, swearing, promoting homosexual activities and promoting the destruction of the Covenant, the Halo series gets ZERO CROSSES.

Even though it's kinda obvious, I was still a little bummed out when I found out it's fake.
    whitey9 wrote: »
    Seriously. Look at this.

Hah!
    Mickie77 writes:
    on Jul 25 2008 08:11 AM

"Impossible to follow"?! You're an idiot.

(Reply to this)
    Mickie77 writes:
    on Jul 25 2008 08:11 AM

"Impossible to follow"?! You're an idiot.

(Reply to this)

Way to represent intelligence, double poster!

Cervetus on
  • Options
    EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    No listing for Super Mario RPG, but I'm pretty sure it would be a perfect 100.

EskimoDave on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    To be fair though, Cervetus, if you read all the negative reviews of TDK, it seems like they are all faulting the film for being "too dark for a comic book movie".

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm certainly not in any sort of agreement with someone who doesn't like Dark Knight, but I enjoy the all too common ironic attempts to call someone else stupid on the internet.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Gabe's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory, the xkcd comic about YouTube comments, etc., etc.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Word5mithWord5mith Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Shadow of the Colossus

Cameron M. gave it a 3:
    It was like most hot chicks. Pretty but boring. Taking down the Colossi was fun but getting their was not. The controls of the horse were terrible, and the gameply was terribly repetitive. I had high hopes and looked long an hard to rent this game just to take it back the next day.

Steve H. gave it a 2:
    Horrible game. Nothing but big bosses as you would expect but you spend al your time finding weakspots and how to attack them. No real fun after the 1st monster, then everything becomes a boring, dumb, drawn out find Waldo.

ames M. gave it a 3:
    Dude...how can some people give this a 10? It sucks ok. Ok maybe the Graphics are amazing but thats the only high point. The collosi are huge and sort of fun to kill but really. 16 Collosi to kill then thats it. Nothing else. No upgrades. Sword and Bow. Weeeee....fun...... Graphics are spectacular. But just need something more. Something else then killing Colossi with 2 weapons.... If your a fan of great adventure and graphics with almost no action get this. If not, dont.

Way to go guys. Way to make me hate people.

And everyone liked Symphony of the Night. Bastards.

Word5mith on
    Echo wrote:
    Dear cultivation skill: over five minutes to grow a seed? Fuck you.
  • Options
    EriosErios Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Unfortunately, there is no section for Chrono Trigger.

Actually, for the health of Manhattan, maybe it's better that way.

Erios on
    Steam: erios23, Live: Coconut Flavor, Origin: erios2386.
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Max Payne 1 :

"I dont like the part where theres total darkness and he has to find a way out....it made me hate the game bcos that was stupid." This gave the game a 3/10.

What?

Did he mean the nightmare part with the trail of dead baby blood?

If so, fair enough. Since that part is pretty stupid.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Erios wrote: »

Square shat out this pathetic attempt to cash in on the Back to the Future concept. Robert Zemeckis would be rolling in his grave if he had to endure the Japanesey Animated rape and pillage of his trilogy. The hands down worst part of this so called game is the second act wherein robot sex is explicitly encouraged. Robots have no actual souls, their pneumatic penises pumping with no heart or feelings behind them. Doc Brown finds himself as a hobo at the "end of time" sucking cock for dog food money. Absolutely terrible in every way. 9/10.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »

Square shat out this pathetic attempt to cash in on the Back to the Future concept. Robert Zemeckis would be rolling in his grave if he had to endure the Japanesey Animated rape and pillage of his trilogy. The hands down worst part of this so called game is the second act wherein robert sex is explicitly encouraged. Robots have no actual souls, thier pnumatic penises pumping with no heart or feelings behind them. Doc Brown finds himself as a hobo at the "end of time" sucking cock for dog food money. Absolutely terrible in every way. 9/10.

Don't we all encourage robert sex?

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Peewi wrote: »

Square shat out this pathetic attempt to cash in on the Back to the Future concept. Robert Zemeckis would be rolling in his grave if he had to endure the Japanesey Animated rape and pillage of his trilogy. The hands down worst part of this so called game is the second act wherein robot sex is explicitly encouraged. Robots have no actual souls, their pneumatic penises pumping with no heart or feelings behind them. Doc Brown finds himself as a hobo at the "end of time" sucking cock for dog food money. Absolutely terrible in every way. 9/10.

Only Khoo.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Peewi wrote: »

Square shat out this pathetic attempt to cash in on the Back to the Future concept. Robert Zemeckis would be rolling in his grave if he had to endure the Japanesey Animated rape and pillage of his trilogy. The hands down worst part of this so called game is the second act wherein robert sex is explicitly encouraged. Robots have no actual souls, thier pnumatic penises pumping with no heart or feelings behind them. Doc Brown finds himself as a hobo at the "end of time" sucking cock for dog food money. Absolutely terrible in every way. 9/10.

Robert has enough already thank you very much.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Some of these ones are actually fair points though, if expressed in a way that invites mocking.

SilkyNumNuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Mine is fake.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Max Payne 1 :

"I dont like the part where theres total darkness and he has to find a way out....it made me hate the game bcos that was stupid." This gave the game a 3/10.

What?

loud and uncomfortable is not good game design

just ask miley cyrus HEY~O :winky:

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    ChaosandQuietChaosandQuiet Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mine is fake.

And hilarious. Thanks for that!

ChaosandQuiet on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0772-1797
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Max Payne 1 :

What?

loud and uncomfortable is not good game design

just ask miley cyrus HEY~O :winky:

She's cute at least. :winky:

Other than that though I have no idea what you're talking about.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Max Payne 1 :

That was stupid. I fucking hated that part of Max Payne. I understand you're playing his insanity, but god damn did it suck.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Lork wrote: »
    ben0207 wrote: »
    Halo, surprisingly enough, doesn't get an real flak. In fact there are a suprising number of 100s. More than I'd give. It's not perfect, nothing is.

Except me.
    [Anonymous] gave it a0:
    I would like to take this time to inform all those who think this game and all its sequels are "original" to a few hurtful truths. Rabid fans may want to stop reading now. The master chief. A genetically and cybernetically enhanced human in a suit of power armour (1998). The Adeptus Astartes Space Marines from Warhammer 40K. Genetically and cybernetically enhanced humans in power armour (1987). The Halo. A self contained planetary simulation in the shape of a giant ring (1998). Larry Niven's Ringworld. A self contained planetary simulation in the shape of a giant ring (1962). So you see, no originality. And for those who don't know Halo was originally conceived in 1998 by bungie before microsoft began their buy out and bastardize games for our half rate system. Sorry if i offended you. Like I care.

...I would draw your attention to the graph in figure 4c. As you can see, it agrees with my findings illustrated in figures 6a, 6b and 7a. Therefore Halo did not invent dual wielding.

That phrase there. There is nothing that infuriates me more than some smug arsehole acting like his self-important tirade about anything is actually groundbreaking or edgy. He totally 'called out' all those Halo-loving xbots, better turn away and repent because you're playing a game that has ideas that someone else had first!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Rigor MortisRigor Mortis Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    To be fair though, Cervetus, if you read all the negative reviews of TDK, it seems like they are all faulting the film for being "too dark for a comic book movie".
    ...which shows that the haters haven't read a comic book in forty years. Batman ain't bunnies and flowers.

Rigor Mortis on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah! Batman hates bunnies, flowers and...

1177985557747nq8.jpg

This post is so ruined by my inability to use img tags.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah! Batman hates bunnies, flowers and...

1177985557747nq8.jpg

This post is so ruined by my inability to use img tags.

SilkyNumNuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Man, no Super Metroid.

It's like they hate me having fun.

Erios on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ...which shows that the haters haven't read a comic book in forty years. Batman ain't bunnies and flowers.

Not to derail...but it's funny because those complaints about Batman movies being too dark and edgy was what got Tim Burton fired from the original series.

and...*shutters*...what caused Batman & Robin to exist.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I love this netjak site's reviews:
    For better or worse, Ouendan is the exact mirror of EBA.
    If you find yourself in a charitable frame of mind, and can overlook the ridiculous story, one-dimensional characters, and hackneyed story elements, Trauma Center is a great twitch-action game.

Also this is pretty existential:
    Jamie M. gave it a 0:
    This game would be excellent if i knew how to go.

Asiina on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, to be fair, people being killed by Guilt?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    DualEdgeDualEdge Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The best part of Trauma Center is not the game itself, but the fact the Dr. Stiles storms out of the ER, dons a trench coat, and disappears off the face of the planet the second another doctor notices his failings and pushes him aside.

DualEdge on
  • Options
    MathildaMathilda Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Final Fantasy VIII

Score: 49
    Final Fantasy 8 is a travesty. A mockery of the good name of Final Fantasy rivaled only by that awful Spirits Within movie. While the Final Fantasy series continues (deservedly) to dominate the RPG landscape, this is one title that deserves to be lost and forgotten. It’s a pseudo fantasy, and not worth your money. Should you download it for free, it’s not
    worth the 50 or 60 hours you’ll be investing it to reach the end.
    Stephanie R. gave it a0:
    One word.. Boring!! Stopped at Disc 2.

Mathilda on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mathilda wrote: »
    Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy 8 is a travesty. A mockery of the good name of Final Fantasy rivaled only by that awful Spirits Within movie. While the Final Fantasy series continues (deservedly) to dominate the RPG landscape, this is one title that deserves to be lost and forgotten. It’s a pseudo fantasy, and not worth your money. Should you download it for free, it’s not
    Stephanie R. gave it a0:

To be fair, about half of anyone who's played FFVIII sucks at recognizing a good game.

Khavall on
  • Options
    RocketlexRocketlex Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh, this is fun. Very fun. Let's see...

Anthony G sees through Bioshock's web of lies:
    A triumph of marketing, bribed critics, and discussion boards flooded with paid advertisers. When the diction of most positive reviewers includes A triumph of marketing, bribed critics, and discussion boards flooded with paid advertisers. You'll love that the diction of most "user's" positive reviews includes words like "intriguing" and "a boon to gamers", definitely things that I say all the time. Right on gamers!!! The best part of this title by far, are the reviewers which criticize the game for being too evil and dark. I think I'll post some reviews which criticize it for being too super-duper-fun too! NEATO! Ok gamers, suit up and go buy the awesomest game ever. Wait...is that a glitchy, repetitive, clumsy, pile of un-playtested goodness on my screen? Without multiplayer? Yeah well BUY ANOTHER COPY it's definitely going to be even BETTER THE SECOND TIME AROUND! 1/10

For Al C, Mario Kart: Double Dash means many things all at once:
    Wo!!! This game sucks, the animation is blury and the effects are too fast, its too much to control. Way over the top dullness. 0/10

Steve S is adamant about not buying into the Mario hype (Paper Mario 2):
    It is ok, but once you have been playing for a while you begin to notice that it seems like a gba game. I have alot of gripes. The dialogue isn't funny Poor inventory system battle system isnt all that fun Also, don't be fooled by the fact that this is a mario game. It isn't terrible but its not good. Not all games with mario are good! If you like mario and luigi, you wont like this because its worse than that gba game. Play that instead. Even if its for a little kid who doesnt notice flaws, it will be too hard for them. Buy something good. Don't be fooled by Mario. Those reviewers just slap a high score on all things mario. 6/10

Jef F didn't like Twilight Princess, but he's a fountain of ideas:
    [***SPOILERS***] It is a good game, and a horrible Zelda game. Half of all the other Zelda games involves talking to people and helping them. In this game there are very few people and the only time you need to help them is to keep the main plot going. Very few distractions (heart pieces, fishing, bugs, poes, thats it) and the distractions are tedious. It was easy and fast to finish and my biggest dissapointment was that I was hoping for fierce diety to be in here somewhere. Its the twilight and the darkness, why couldn't they have put in a quasi evil link - it would have been perfect! I was even hoping that zant would bE some kind of incarnation of oni link, but no, hes just a wierd guy that has gannon's power. and why did Gannondorf die at the end. He can't die if he is in the wind waker. The ending didn't make sense. The plotline was banal. Very few twists that were exciting. Very few new opportunities in this game (though fighting that guy on the bridge on top of epona was cool) overall, step up your game Nintendo! Your getting lazy! 1/10

Mic Math gives his reasoned opinion of Viewtiful Joe:
    My brother thinks it's so cool, but I like yoshi and mario better! Mario for President! 0/10

D reveals two glaring flaws with Mercenaries:
    First of all, you can't kill innocent people, when you're shot at it looks like the bullets are going 12 miles per hour. Just not that good. 3/10

And just for variety...

Laura gives us a premonitional review of Sonic The Hedgehog for the 360:
    I haven't played the game (since I don't have a next-gen system) but by looking at the cutscenes and the gameplay, I can already tell this is an awesome game. Sure they use the terrible 4Kids voices for the cast but Silver's, Blaze's and Eggman's really isn't all that bad (for 4Kids actors). The cutscenes graphics are amazing, they come so close to the actual graphics in the game play that it really blew my mind. Not to mention that this game had Orchestral music and that always wins me over. I have been a Sonic fan since the early 2000's and I am still hooked. Just because the critics give it a bad rating, doesn't mean it should drive fans away. I think that this is a really promising game, and I hope there are more like this one in the near future. 10/10

Rocketlex on
    While you were asleep, your windows told me all your secrets.
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    On Jet Set Radio Future:
    A great looking game that isn't very deep. 67/100
    Myles K. gave it a 0:
    This game was a snooze fest. The graphics.... well there aren't any, and the story line makes no sence, and yeah the game play is boaring a pointless.
    Mark H. gave it a 0:
    It's is so so so short and simple...and why is it future? This game plays like a 4 year old game. Lack of innovation!!

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    StriferStrifer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Khavall wrote: »
    Mathilda wrote: »
    Final Fantasy VIII

Stephanie R. gave it a0:

To be fair, about half of anyone who's played FFVIII sucks at recognizing a good game.

It's even more hilarious when people complain about the junction system because it is too complicated. And about drawing, which you have to do a bit in the beginning if you want to do the Fire Cavern in under 10 minutes, partway through the game to get certain GF's, and at the end to get some Ultimas and Meltdowns.

Regarding FFVII, the game didn't age well.
    Neither did the people posting their silly reviews.

Strifer on
    MikoSuikaLine.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    For many, including me, the gameplay elements of Final Fantasy VIII are fine. Seriously, if you can't figure out junctioning everything to your three main dudes, then I don't know what to say. The problem I have with the game is it feels very guide oriented, which is a shame. Also, I was not a fan of a lot of the artistic and scenario decisions in that game. Overall, it just felt disjointed, like it was three separate final fantasies trying to occupy the same four disks.

VII was essentially VI, but with less steampunk and more cyberpunk until the edgy cyberpunk stuff ended at disk one.

In VIII's defense, it had a great level of difficulty and some truly fun bosses.

Erios on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Strifer wrote: »
    Neither did the people posting their silly reviews.

Oh snap son, did you just go there?! I think you just went there!

And Silent Hill 2 has probably already been done, but the bad reviews shall stalk us like a red pyramid thing.
    Game Informer
    Instead of the brain-bending adventure with scares and gore that I had so desperately hoped for, it turned out to be a sloppy, monotonous bore that nearly put me to sleep.

And now for the average Joes:
    Mike wrote:
    gave it a 1:
    This was the worst game that I have ever played. When I read good reviews about this game I wonder if the other reviewers actually played silent hill 2. Coming off of metal gear solid 2 I was increadibly disapointed. Can someone even explain to me what created the monsters in silent hill 2. If you are playing it, just run from the monsters because it is not even worth killing them. I could not stand the graphics. If a chair was in front of a door you could not open it. In real life you would move the chair. If you swing with the pipe, instead of hitting the wall it goes right through it. Walking down the street at night all you could see was the yellow lines on the road...how could anyone call that good graphics. Anyone who thought this game was good go play metal gear solid 2...no comparison...not even a little...SILENT HILL 2 is the absolute worst. Graphics stink, control of the character stinks, I still don't understand the story....after finishing the game.

Silent Hill 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2: Totally comparable.
    B. Will wrote:
    gave it a 2:
    It's no fun at all. The time limit is too short, so it is almost impossible to get the feel for it.

Yeah, if only Silent Hill 2 had more atmosphere so you could get a feel for it.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    To be fair, those two are probably fools.

Maybe even charlatans.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    StriferStrifer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have played FFVII way past its prime, and it has shitty graphics, the music can sometimes be annoying (well, rarely), the plot is confusing, and the game also had crashes that I needed to patch my way through. I did not even get to hear the choir for the final boss battle.

FFVII is a game that was rushed so hard they couldn't even go for a consistent artstyle troughout the cutscenes, and they still added minigames to it. And they made a PC port, which I have played, based on hearsay (Square couldn't muster up the original assets because they were lost). And I've played it on the XP, which added not-so-random crashes into obligatory superfluous minigames.

And they still needed to outsource a huge chunk of the game. I'd say half the credits scroll is taken up by all the people that did those extra FMV's, though that's just my poor estimate.

And I've played it all the way through. Because it was FUN.

It pains me to read comments to a game like Deus Ex because people do not know how to run the game properly. Remember Betrayal in Antara? I liked the demo, but I only had the chance to play the game a few years later. If anybody tried to fire up this game now, you would be presented with a gay rainbow of broken colours, and if you tried turning you would drill a hole in the ground because the devs didn't think of putting some sort of fps cap on the game. Now, if I were stupid, I'd post a 0 review saying the full version is broken and unplayable, but instead I've managed to make a really old game run properly, and I can tell you that the game deserves a solid 8, maybe 9, possibly because I liked the magic system. It did some pretty neat stuff. Very linear, but ultimately fun.

And I love Deus Ex, that was a gaming revolution in my book.

Strifer on
    MikoSuikaLine.jpg
  • Options
    Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    To be fair, those two are probably fools.

Maybe even charlatans.

I think you mean philistines. I mix those words up a lot myself.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    Shoegaze99Shoegaze99 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Polago wrote: »
    Albert E. gave it a 0:
    The game is childish and uninteresting after small quantities of gameplay. I was really hoping for something better, wow.
    John S gave it a 1:
    *yawn* Most boring piece of crap I've ever played. I have nothing constructive to say other than don't play this. EA Fails once again.

These are from reviewers? They read like message board posts. And not good posts either.

Shoegaze99 on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Shoegaze99 wrote: »
    Polago wrote: »
    Albert E. gave it a 0:
    The game is childish and uninteresting after small quantities of gameplay. I was really hoping for something better, wow.
    John S gave it a 1:
    *yawn* Most boring piece of crap I've ever played. I have nothing constructive to say other than don't play this. EA Fails once again.

These are from reviewers? They read like message board posts. And not good posts either.

They're reader reviews.

edit: dammit guys I just blue dotted this thread

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Cervetus wrote: »
    And Silent Hill 2 has probably already been done, but the bad reviews shall stalk us like a red pyramid thing.
    Mike wrote:
    gave it a 1:
    im dumb and i dont get complex atmospheric games

Silent Hill 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2: Totally comparable.
    B. Will wrote:
    gave it a 2:
    It's no fun at all. The time limit is too short, so it is almost impossible to get the feel for it.

Yeah, if only Silent Hill 2 had more atmosphere so you could get a feel for it.

In Mike's defense, the story isn't the most straightforward in a game. But it's wonderful and my 16 year old sister understood it PERFECTLY when she was watching me play it. (She loves the Silent Hill games, but isn't good at them. She panics too much, and prefers to watch someone play.) She even got the deal with Angela before the second encounter was over.

Wait what. Silent Hill 2 has a TIME LIMIT? What's B.Will talking about?

Kay2 on