As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Servers up, social lives down.

• TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    Timmer wrote: »
    Curse Client 2.0.0.6 ...wtf is my Username/Password suppose to be?

Have to register on Curse's site to use that -- worth it though! Love having everything auto-added and updates :)

BTW: did you figure out your bag bug yet?

Sort of. That one character's bag is corrupted but only when I play from my PC. Load him up on a different PC and everything is fine. I've been trying to figure out which file I need to delete and get repatched, or whatever, to fix it but have had no luck so far. I am full of sadness.

Silly question but have you filed a petition yet in game?

Timmer on
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The trophy system is neat. I wonder how long it will take Blizzard to steal it.

KiTA on
    edited September 2008
    Accualt: Have you looked in your WAR folder for files created today?

KiTA on
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    [Delicious UI trick]

Want to have your entire action button, instead of just the hotkey text, be tinted red when you have an invalid target for that action? Don't want to use an addon for it? Try this:

/script local orig = ActionButton.UpdateEnabledState; ActionButton.UpdateEnabledState = function(self, enabled, valid) orig(self, enabled, valid); if (valid == false and enabled == true) then self.m_Windows[0]:SetTintColor(200, 0, 0); end end

You have to run it once every time you log in, but you could just put it in a macro. Adjust the "200, 0, 0" to get different RGB colors. There is an addon available to do this, but the way it's written is just asking to be either be broken by a patch or break some other addon that also works with action buttons. Plus you'd have to edit the Lua file to change the colors.

[/Delicious UI trick]

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Saeris wrote: »
    [Delicious UI trick]

Want to have your entire action button, instead of just the hotkey text, be tinted red when you have an invalid target for that action? Don't want to use an addon for it? Try this:

/script local orig = ActionButton.UpdateEnabledState; ActionButton.UpdateEnabledState = function(self, enabled, valid) orig(self, enabled, valid); if (valid == false and enabled == true) then self.m_Windows[0]:SetTintColor(200, 0, 0); end end

You have to run it once every time you log in, but you could just put it in a macro. Adjust the "200, 0, 0" to get different RGB colors. There is an addon available to do this, but the way it's written is just asking to be either be broken by a patch or break some other addon that also works with action buttons. Plus you'd have to edit the Lua file to change the colors.

[/Delicious UI trick]

Hey, neat! The people thank you :)

Cryogen on
  • zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Saeris, you are a prince among men. Are you going to rock the addon scene in WAR like you did in WoW?

zilo on
    edited September 2008
    Accualt: Or for files/folders named after your character?

KiTA on
  • AldarezAldarez Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm picking this up tomorrow and looking for some friends. Any other Oceanic folk playing Destruction?

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Curse Client 2.0.0.6 ...wtf is my Username/Password suppose to be?

Have to register on Curse's site to use that -- worth it though! Love having everything auto-added and updates :)

BTW: did you figure out your bag bug yet?

Sort of. That one character's bag is corrupted but only when I play from my PC. Load him up on a different PC and everything is fine. I've been trying to figure out which file I need to delete and get repatched, or whatever, to fix it but have had no luck so far. I am full of sadness.

Silly question but have you filed a petition yet in game?

Yes, they haven't been able to help at all.

The second one and I determined that this is related to sorting options in my backpack because when I log in from another PC I do not have any sorting options selected. So obviously it is a file on my PC that some how got corrupted when I decided to make my bags sort stuff for me.

KiTA: It started three nights ago now, wish I would have thought of that then. I'll take a look but nothing showed up as the character name except chat logs.

The upside is uninstalling and reinstalling should work AND GameStop called today saying WAR would be instores Wed afternoon so I guess I'll go pick up my copy and install it. That should fix my problem.

Accualt on
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I was playing wow but they went like 100 days without a patch, and I played AOC and...well it was AOC, and I beta tested WAR europe and it was pretty crappy.

After playing for a few hours with friends in retail, it brought a single tear to my wretched cynicism wracked face.

Good show mythic, A++ will play again.... very soon.... ... okay right now

override367 on
    edited September 2008
    zilo wrote: »
    Saeris, you are a prince among men. Are you going to rock the addon scene in WAR like you did in WoW?

I don't have as much time as I once did, but I'm going to write a few.

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, be sure to grab this if you're in a large guild and are experiencing video lag.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    There are seperate newbie zones but he can go straight to his warcamp and fly to your tier one warcamp, and walk back.

I'd only ever heard about bright wizards, but I finally met my first one today. I was healing in that greenskin ch3 PQ the something gap, and I suddenly exploded. Goddamn.

I must have met them in scenarios before that, but that was the first time I'd been proper nuked by one.

Yougottawanna on
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    To the Mouths in Nordenwatch tonight. Good fucking show, gents.

One embarrassing loss of an all-Mouth group, and then you showed it was possible to win a scenario against a pack of Bright Wizards, Ironbreakers, and Rune Priests with nothing but tanks and healers.

I'm also excited to find that the game is built so that different groups can use different tactics to great effect. Defending the fort for half the game with no DPS - quite possible.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    First day/night went quite well for me. Lots of fun to be had.

How I mine for macro?

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Someone make Grid for Warhammer and i'll have your babies.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have to say I really like the way the server was looking tonight as far as balance. The tiny queues will be gone soon. 5 min scenario queues in GVD, instant-5 min queues in EVC for Destro. Slowed down a little after midnight PST. Saw both sides lock the T1 zone in EVC, and saw Order lock GVD. (Destro was getting close to locking Order right back before I quit). Was batting maybe .600 in PUG groups, which is infinitely better than I've ever seen destro PUGs play. Had that one bad loss and otherwise the guild was rolling. At the same time, Order also has way more talent than I saw in OB.

One general thought, because nobody could hear me on vent (found out later it crashed): our lower-level groups have a lot of tanks and healers and Order groups, especially in EVC, have very few. Clusters of squishies really, really do not like it when multiple tanks charge them at the same time. If the numbers are close, get in close on them and trust your healers. We'll keep you up if you spread out the damage to more than one target. They're going to do the same damage whether they're right next to you or pewpewing you from the bridge. If there's no push, your healers often get focus-nuked.

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, you had a *little* bit of DPS help with my Witch Elf. I didn't manage to kill a lot but I managed to make one BW run off a cliff, and harassed this one Archmage the entire game. I like to think harassing them and making them run back had some effect, though I may be wrong.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I found me an Addon that will switch my main Action Bar, based on my current plan as a Black Orc.
    Havn't tried it yet. But if it works like I imagine it will, then its going to be really handy.

it works for sword masters too i think: Its called PlanB, got it off curse.com

Paradox Control on
    \
  • SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I had a blast rolling with a six mouth group tonight. Especially when we had two groups in a couple scenarios as Morsk already mentioned. I did feel kinda like a dick telling people what to do tho. Deth and dedspaz along with nissok made for a pretty good group while the rest of the spots changed alot.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Is there a WarAceUpdater yet?

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Servers are down for updates until 9AM EST. They have a good habit of overestimating though.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hmm...just noticed that we're the second biggest guild so far (by 1 person).

http://realmwar.warhammeronline.com/realmwar/GuildSearch.war?guildKeyword=&server=0&sort=3&order=1

Knowing the Goons, it won't last, but it's definitely interesting.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Woot, 3ish hours till I'm in on this shit.

noobert on
  • grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bah. Wake up from my nap and the servers are down. Time for another nap.

I'm in love with Ulthuan after last night. T2 scenarios were popping a lot, even Phoenix Gates in HEvDE which is usually the most rare scenario, and we saw some good action at the keeps.

To anyone that hasn't started yet. Roll a healer. We can never have enough healers. On paper, we have a lot. In practice, we need more. Before I went to bed, we had more than a warband full of people, but only 5 or so healers. In RvR, the best group makeup is probably 2 tanks (or 1 tank and 1 melee healer), 2 DPS, and 2 healers.

grrarg on
    edited September 2008
    Saban wrote: »
    Is there a WarAceUpdater yet?

Curse has a client, but... it's Curse. Inadvisable.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    thorpe wrote: »
    Believe me, if I could find either of the Realm of Chaos books I would be on them like Thanquol on warpstone.

I had them both back when I was a teenager.
    I shoplifted them from two different local stores. I was a bit of a hooligan, but a very nerdy one.

Not sure whatever happened to them, I must have thrown them away at some point.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So seeing as asking for an invite to the guild in the /TSM channel does not seem to garner any results, who's leg do I have to hump for some guild action?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Is there any way for me (Euroland) to try this out for free?

I heard it's kinda like WoW but better in many regards. Seeing as I wasted 2 1/2 years on WoW, maybe this can get me back into MMOs.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2008
    Has the Euro crew talked about setting up shop somewhere?

Apparently I'll play on Eight Peaks with a buddy.

Echo on
  • SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ahhh... so the Gamestop lady called yesterday letting me know my CE box would be in today.

Must have CE box! .... but all day work meeting is interfering :( .

Sorry that I missed out on the fun last night, sick fiance was over at the house so I was busy taking care of her.

Tonight shall be a marathon of stuntie stomping! ;)

It's probably a good thing the servers are down now, as I've got an hour before I need to head out. Which means if I logged in, I'd probably play for at least 2 hours.

Selner on
    edited September 2008
    Anyone know if stores like Target, which don't do pre-orders, are receiving any CE's? Were they exclusively pre-ordered?

Basically, is there a decent chance of buying one Thursday morning.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    They always say 'sold out', but stores typically get at least 2-3 to slap on shelves.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
    edited September 2008
    HilleanM_005-1.jpg
    That's no moon...
    HilleanM_006-1.jpg
    RUN AWAY!
    HilleanM_000-1.jpg
    Hackers already? WTF
    HilleanM_009-1.jpg
    The zerg about to rail Marshes
    HilleanM_003-1.jpg
    TSM dominates another scenario
    HilleanM_001-1.jpg
    Objective defense, looking its best.
    HilleanM_007-1.jpg
    Da Keep Klaimas

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
    edited September 2008
    The servers are back.

Why ain't ya fightin'?

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    So seeing as asking for an invite to the guild in the /TSM channel does not seem to garner any results, who's leg do I have to hump for some guild action?

Your best bet is to just do '/who mouths' and msg one of the members. Mention you're from the forums and they should be able to shoot you an invite.

Last Son on
    edited September 2008
    Last Son wrote: »

Your best bet is to just do '/who mouths' and msg one of the members. Mention you're from the forums and they should be able to shoot you an invite.

Or you can tab-target nearest friendly target... chances are, its a Mouth

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Normally there's someone watching the TSM channel that lets us folks know in guild to invite someone, though it can get a bit hectic when we have 100 people on like was happening last night. If you see me ingame, toss me a whisper (same name as forum account) as I can grab you into da guild.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • DisDis Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    *really hopes WAR does well against WoW

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimlock9909grimlock9909 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tomorrow i'll be joining the candymancers. I'm planning on rolling an archmage main, white lion alt, and then possibly a shaman on destro although I haven't gotten that far yet. I can't wait to see what it's going to be like to heal with an archmage. I would imagine similar to druid but that's all i know.

grimlock9909 on
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, I managed to reserve all the names I could possibly want for Destro - one name for each class, so if I do decide to alt it up, I'll be set. :D

Caedere the Witch Elf (my actual main)
    Dice the Disciple of Khaine
    Huggles the Chosen
    Amy the Magus
    Jessica the Sorceress
    Buddy the Marauder
    Runt the Squig Herder (How was this NOT taken?)
    Cudgel the Shaman
    Maggie the Zealot (Should be the Magus, on second thought)
    Slab the Black Orc

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.