Options

[WAR] - Ranged DPS: You can run, you'll just die tired.

• Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fun things to do as a magus in T1: drop your pink horror a ways out from a flag and hang out waiting for tanks and melee to come try a solo back-cap. They'll kill you eventually but probably not without abandoning the cap.

zilo on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The thing with Magus DoTs is that they must be healed. And while a healer can toss HoTs like candy, he's going to have to target every person and spam it, while you can just use a single cast to get a group.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The thing with Magus DoTs is that they must be healed. And while a healer can toss HoTs like candy, he's going to have to target every person and spam it, while you can just use a single cast to get a group.

I've watched my damage run it's course before. It does not need to be healed, and even if it did it comes at a slow leisurely pace that is easy for healers to handle. Strong burst damage is what is difficult for healers to handle, especially if it is combined with healing debuffs. Both happen to be something the Magus lacks.

Not to mention it takes more than a single cast on my part. To come close to a HoT's healing I need to use multiple spells. One of which is single target for me. This might become more possible when I get Pandemonium next level, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Being optimistic, I may force a healer to waste a slight bit of time HoTing everyone up after getting this skill. To be a bit pessimistic, they might just let my damage run it's course and use an AoE heal.

I apologize if you were talking about later game though and were not responding to my post.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So at level 11 my Engineer topped the scenario charts (in all three pairings) for both total kills and damage dealt half the time. The other half I was smack-dab in the middle. Whether Order won that particular scenario or not didn't seem to make a difference in how I placed.

Typical results y/n? I'm just surprised that I could top the charts in kills and damage when I was up against Sorceresses and assisted by Bright Wizards and such.

sidhaethe on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    sidhaethe wrote: »
    So at level 11 my Engineer topped the scenario charts (in all three pairings) for both total kills and damage dealt half the time. The other half I was smack-dab in the middle. Whether Order won that particular scenario or not didn't seem to make a difference in how I placed.

Typical results y/n? I'm just surprised that I could top the charts in kills and damage when I was up against Sorceresses and assisted by Bright Wizards and such.

Suppose it just depends on who you're with, where you are, and what you're up against. I've topped the damage chart with my Shadow Warrior for damage and kills, and I've been in the middle. Funny enough, I've also topped the damage -and- healing charts with my archmage. It's rare, but it happens.

Does the damage from your turret count for you? Because if so, I'd say your damage numbers could probably be on par with what I'd expect. Whenever I have engineers around, I have a good time with the long range fire support from them, while I run around in Skirmish stance being a cock to the healers/casters.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've been having good fun with the Sorceress. The burst damage is amazing when you can run at full dark magic all the time. But you need a pocket healer with you pretty much all the time, and you gotta protect them.

At 21 though, if you go Path of Calamity, you get Gloom of Night, and suddenly you can deal 300+ damage to everyone in a 20 foot area, every 3 seconds. With Shattered Shadows on top of that, I can burst down a whole cluster of people.

I really can't wait till I get Hand of Ruin. One backlash chance for a huge damage potential, especially with crits? Beautiful.

Sepah on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    Avynte wrote: »
    Septus wrote: »
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Why the fuck does ORder have so many Brights and Destruction so few sorceresses? What's the deal here?

I'm getting REALLY fucking tired of going into Mourkain and facing a team of six Brights where you can kill one before you get anal bum raped

Crazy wizards that are on fire are cooler than yet another slutty elf.

Absolutely.

A fiery red mohawk sporting, mutton chop wearing, glowing tattoo'd, spontaneously combusting badass > you're average elf (don't get me wrong though, I have a 16 DoK I would still be playing if his mechanics didn't frustrate me to death in keep / large scale world rvr)

Bright wizards and their college also give off a very steam punk vibe to me as well, which is never a bad thing, even if everything is made of fire instead of gears.

The best thing about BWs is that they they hurt themselves with their own spells and I hurt them when they hurt me because of my auras.

Keep slingin' fewls.

Withering heat crits you for 1k x 3 for the price of one explosion and aura hit. :3

That said, the reason there are so many bright wizards and sorcerers boils down to three reasons.

1) Most people roll EvC, so there's more of these classes (there's also an overabundance of Witch Hunters and Warrior Priests, especially Warrior Priests)
    2) Elves have a bad reputation (LOLgolas and Nelves and Belves and penis hats for Order?)
    3) Destro players are in too much love with their tank classes, and Greenskins as a whole, which naturally reduces the number of sorcerers.

I mean, what are YOU playing? If not a sorcerer, you're contributing to your own problem. :P

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I tried my hand at Sorc alot in Beta. I found I was a giant free RP signal. Unless it was in a 100 vs 100 zerg in the lake which i blended into the crowd but in Scenarios I was fodder. My tactic was pretty much run and gun. Get in, blast a class that is soft and cannot heal then run off.

Still died alot. I'll probably roll another one just cause I like Durchii boobies.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This is making me want to try a sorcerer.

I thought I'd never get a kill as a squig herder but I'm actually quite lethal.
    Now I'll try becoming a magic killer of doom.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited September 2008
    I just made a sorceress.

It plays a lot like the Warlock from WoW from my (limited) early impressions.

bongi on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's more like a Warlock/Mage crossbreed of awesome, really

I plan to be the AoE spec and destroy fucking everything, because if my impressions at 10 are any indication, that shit is bananas

Ledneh on
  • Options
    BigDBigD Registered User new member
    edited September 2008
    lvl 25 Sorc (22 Renown) here,

The Sorc in WAR is the true glass cannon. Back when you first played a mage in an RPG like FinalFantasy or Dragon Warrior this was that Mage. You melt face but are very weak. No support and you will be dropped, fast. Hanging out spamming in the back by yourself... a witch hunter pops and your dead after a few hits.

Sorc is the DD/AoE class, with limited utility and limited dots. Def not the lock from WoW. You could compare Magus more to Lock. Magus has almost the exact same actions as the Egineer except spells and nonmoveable pets instead of guns/turrets.

Although I can easily be on top of the damage charts in scenarios via AoE I prefer to focus fire with my group. Over vent we will call out a target and bomb them first, usually a healer or a BW. And just make our way around. With this method I may not be at the top of the damage charts but I am almost always top in kills/deathblows.

Pugs can be painful. All we need is a HoT every now and then. For example a DoK and myself were fighting a higher lvl sword master. He had 5 lvls on us. The DoK was not in my group. Smart SM went for me first. But instead of any heals, the DoK decided to fight the SM. I die and then watch the SM kill the DoK. All he had to do was drop his heal/hot on me and at least he wouldve lived.... sigh

Anyhow at 25 I have great DPS critting around 1500 with wounds gear (5100 HP woot woot), A good AoE CC and a single target Disarm of 5 seconds. So I can go toe to toe with MDPS as long as they dont have the drop on me.

love this class

Pathogen (Red Eye Mountain)

BigD on
  • Options
    xYUUBINKYOKUxxYUUBINKYOKUx Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Iblis wrote: »

I've watched my damage run it's course before. It does not need to be healed, and even if it did it comes at a slow leisurely pace that is easy for healers to handle. Strong burst damage is what is difficult for healers to handle, especially if it is combined with healing debuffs. Both happen to be something the Magus lacks.

Not to mention it takes more than a single cast on my part. To come close to a HoT's healing I need to use multiple spells. One of which is single target for me. This might become more possible when I get Pandemonium next level, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Being optimistic, I may force a healer to waste a slight bit of time HoTing everyone up after getting this skill. To be a bit pessimistic, they might just let my damage run it's course and use an AoE heal.

I apologize if you were talking about later game though and were not responding to my post.

Pandemonium does help with the DPS.

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Boy, after the glory of levels 7-10 on my Sorc, getting Arctic Blast at 12 was almost a disappointment :(

Ledneh on
  • Options
    CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

As a healer, i'll also add that dots (and especially aoe dots) are in fact quite effective, and make my job much much harder. When one persons health is dropping, i know who to heal, and i have a variety of tools to deal with the damage. With aoe i now have several people losing health, and i have to try to judge who needs healing in what order, and who can wait for now. If i choose incorrectly, i might lose enough time that someone gets burst damaged down. And it does put a strain on my AP. Basically, aoe dots force me to deal with them and reduce my ability to cope with burst damage (even if its not the dot itself that actually killed). You might not be able to lay waste to a group all by yourself, but you can certainly crank up the pressure.

As a Shadow Warrior, i'd say the majority of my deaths are from dots. The magus gets pretty nasty by the top of tier 2. I certainly keep an eye on them.

Cryogen on
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Cryogen wrote: »

Basically what

As a healer, i'll also add that dots (and especially aoe dots) are in fact quite effective, and make my job much much harder. When one persons health is dropping, i know who to heal, and i have a variety of tools to deal with the damage. With aoe i now have several people losing health, and i have to try to judge who needs healing in what order, and who can wait for now. If i choose incorrectly, i might lose enough time that someone gets burst damaged down. And it does put a strain on my AP. Basically, aoe dots force me to deal with them and reduce my ability to cope with burst damage (even if its not the dot itself that actually killed). You might not be able to lay waste to a group all by yourself, but you can certainly crank up the pressure.

As a Shadow Warrior, i'd say the majority of my deaths are from dots. The magus gets pretty nasty by the top of tier 2. I certainly keep an eye on them.

AoE damage makes it harder to decide whom to heal, but I can in no way figure out any possible reason that DoT damage would be superior to burst damage unless it was hitting for a lot more overall with short ticks... which simply isn't the case with the Magus. Maybe we get enough awesome DoTs later on, but I was talking about my current level.

Even if it gets good at the end of tier two though, that does little to counter my point, which is that the class needs serious improvement so that it is not terrible early game. Really, the lay out of when we get our early spells is horrific. None of them synergize well early on and we get a few wasted levels where we get pets that remain useless for a good period of time. We're supposed to have good defense and utility to compensate for the fact that we have lower damage, but we don't really get any of that until level 20 or so. We get armor to partially compensate for our lower range, but that's about it.

Basically the class just feels rushed overall, which considering it took a complete overhall just before launch is not really that surprising.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Theres more to it than that, though. Dots have other advantages. Generally they are more AP efficient (ie do more damage per AP than a direct damage spell).

Also you underestimate the effects greatly. The damage still gets dealt, and it still needs to be healed. The difference is, with direct damage, as a healer, i can look at it and say "Ok, i have to heal that much damage". With dots, i dont know that. I cant tell through the UI whether the damaged guy i'm healing is dotted up to hell, or if he's hurt but isnt getting worse, without waiting to see if it keeps ticking (which you dont have time to do really, with everything else going on). They might only need one hot. They might need 2. They might need 2 and a direct heal to keep them safe from further attacks. I dont know, and thats because its a dot and not a direct damage. Sure, if a magus flies out in front of the pack in a standoff, and launches an AOE dot, then retreats, thats pretty easy to handle. Theres no pressure or rush, i just rotate hots over everyone and patch up where necessary. But when you add it to a fight that is already taking place, and i simply dont have time to keep track of it all. It adds pressure, i only have so much AP and i still have to wait for the GCD, and if other people are taking burst damage at the same time i could easily waste that GCD healing someone who isnt a priority. Just... try playing a healer, and see how you feel about dot damage.

Another advantage is people dont know they are dead until its too late. On my Shadow Warrior, i might be standing somewhere, shooting away at people. I see i'm taking damage, but hey, still plenty of health. Whoops, i've now got a stack of dots on me, and my health is draining fast. Run away, hope i'm not already dead. Even if i'm not, i've had to stop doing my job. Compare to direct damage : Woah, took a nice big hit there, time to break line of sight. Phew, safe. I mean, i still die to DD's but its a lot easier to predict than dots.

Cryogen on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Magi are definitely late bloomers. Once you get higher and higher you get crazy defensive stuff, like semi-spammable landmines that knockdown players and a massive AP drain AoE from exploding your demon. If you spec into daemonology you get a blackhole pull that really messes up melee zergs.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    what you need to understand about the engineer/magus is that they are going to be the gods of keep warfare

that is all

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think I've decided that my Squig Herder is much better played for utility than it is dps. Use my slow or AoE root on the flag carrier or people chasing my character, using my knockback to take people out of the fight.

Just trying to do pure DPS doesn't seem that effective (at least at level 14). I generally toss out Yer Bleedin like candy and shoot Explodin Arrer whenever I possibly can.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    what you need to understand about the engineer/magus is that they are going to be the gods of keep warfare

that is all

Only if they spec into deep tinkering/demonology, and to me demonology looks otherwise like a pretty poor tree for anything but pve AoE grinding

In fact, ALL the magus trees look pretty meh

Like I said in the SE thread, I WANT to like my Magus more but when my sorc is actually doing well at her job (killing mans, rooting mans), and I can't even identify what my Magus's job IS by level 10, then it's kind of a turnoff :(

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I think I've decided that my Squig Herder is much better played for utility than it is dps. Use my slow or AoE root on the flag carrier or people chasing my character, using my knockback to take people out of the fight.

Just trying to do pure DPS doesn't seem that effective (at least at level 14). I generally toss out Yer Bleedin like candy and shoot Explodin Arrer whenever I possibly can.

Assuming you're going Big Shootin', you get much more powerful/annoying at 16 with Lots O Arrers. Not alot of damage per hit but it hits like a million times. Also, you can spam it if you have the AP.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Lots of Arrers plus the Big Shootin' mastery talent that decreases the Plink time by 1 second are huge and go far towards bumping up the Squig Hunter's dps. LOA is such a powerful, loud, noticeable attack that enemies in RvR that find themselves the target of it usually run away at full speed, making it a particularly good way to harass healers.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    LOA is my bread and butter, along with Plink. The 1 second plink ups DPS nicely. My biggest problem is flying through AP - I can empty my bar in about 5 seconds.

3lwap0 on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Assuming you're going Big Shootin', you get much more powerful/annoying at 16 with Lots O Arrers. Not alot of damage per hit but it hits like a million times. Also, you can spam it if you have the AP.

Yeah, I am going Big Shootin'. That's good to know, as even when I say screw being a team player and try to dps as much as possible, I still can't get anywhere close to top DPS.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008

Same for Shadow Warrior. I typically harass more than I kill. There seem to be a LOT more +resist or +armor than +damage buffs, so it takes a whole group to take down people in the scenarios. That marginalizes my effectiveness as an individual in actually killing people, but I can spam the hell out of spiral fletched arrow/split arrows and be a major pain in the ass.

Doc on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm torn on my SW build. I'm not sure if I want to go skirmish for the ability to move/aoe, or melee/festering arrow so I can defend the clothies, and have a high damage nuke.

Skirmish
    http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=18#5:32:0:0:13:10920:25

Although with this one, I would probably use the 5 remaning points to grab festering arrow as well.

or

Melee
    http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=18#9:552:9:680:0:0:25

Would grab the awesome looking 3second stun melee with my 5 remaning points on this one.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Whats your plan with the hybrid assault build? People are having some success with Assault, but typically they are pairing it with Skirmishing rather than Scout because it blends better. Also, to get the most out of it, they are stacking strength & weaponskill rather than ballistic skill, using ranged attacks to establish some debuffs then closing in for melee. People doing this are also taking the Expert Skirmisher tactic (deal 25% more damage inside 45 feet, 20% less over 45 feet) which works on melee attacks as well. Theres reports of >1k damage Brutal Assault backstabs against Chosen, and Swift Strikes smashing away half a shamans health bar if they are attacked while using their channeled damage spell. Of course, thats anecdotal :P. I'll probably try out an Assault build at some point, perhaps after i hit 40 and build up an alternate gear set.

edit: Nevermind, reading comprehension! Your first line says your plan :P. Yes, this could probably work out ok, worth trying i suppose. It will be interesting to see how effective having that amount of assault tree will be vs maxing out the scout tree and just shooting the people trying to kill your squishies.

Cryogen on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I never knew there was a talent calculator up... neat!

And.. do I like Skirmisher? I like Skirmisher.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Shadowfire wrote: »

You're not gonna take shadow sting? Ditch a point of assault for it, -50% healing alone is worth it much less the damage it deals as well! Also the +20% crit tactic goes brilliantly with the Expert Skirmisher tactic. Do you like Skirmisher? Yes, but i think you could like it MORE!!! :)

Cryogen on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

that is all

Only if they spec into deep tinkering/demonology, and to me demonology looks otherwise like a pretty poor tree for anything but pve AoE grinding

Like I said in the SE thread, I WANT to like my Magus more but when my sorc is actually doing well at her job (killing mans, rooting mans), and I can't even identify what my Magus's job IS by level 10, then it's kind of a turnoff :(

I agree, there are alot of spells in Havoc that seem like they should be under Changing, and Daemonology really doesnt seem as fleshed out as it should be, the only way I could see that working out is if they gave it a PBAOE like the BrightWizards/Sorceress already have.

If Havoc is the DD line, then why are 2 of the better DOTs in it. And then another of the DOTs is in Daemonology.
    The fast fire DDs are in Changing, when it seems they should be in Havoc.

I'm keeping my Magus and leveling her every once in a while to use up the rested xp, but otherwise I'm just hoping I will find her niche.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    edited September 2008

You're not gonna take shadow sting? Ditch a point of assault for it, -50% healing alone is worth it much less the damage it deals as well! Also the +20% crit tactic goes brilliantly with the Expert Skirmisher tactic. Do you like Skirmisher? Yes, but i think you could like it MORE!!! :)

I thought I had Shadow Sting, actually. Weird. :|

I didn't go for Bullseye because it also makes me more vulnerable to crits. I already don't get heals, and being Skirmisher, I'm a little closer to danger than most DPS like to be. I guess I'm worried about survivability more than anything (hence the Point-Blank and Focused Mind in the 1 and 2 morale slots).

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

that is all

I agree, there are alot of spells in Havoc that seem like they should be under Changing, and Daemonology really doesnt seem as fleshed out as it should be, the only way I could see that working out is if they gave it a PBAOE like the BrightWizards/Sorceress already have.

If Havoc is the DD line, then why are 2 of the better DOTs in it. And then another of the DOTs is in Daemonology.
    The fast fire DDs are in Changing, when it seems they should be in Havoc.

I'm keeping my Magus and leveling her every once in a while to use up the rested xp, but otherwise I'm just hoping I will find her niche.

It seems like the Magus trees were designed around the range you use them at, but A) that's not always true and B) that's a really dumb way to design trees. At least the Sorceress trees are designed around what they're FOR.

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I didn't go for Bullseye because it also makes me more vulnerable to crits. I already don't get heals, and being Skirmisher, I'm a little closer to danger than most DPS like to be. I guess I'm worried about survivability more than anything (hence the Point-Blank and Focused Mind in the 1 and 2 morale slots).

No not Bullseye, i dont really like that either. Charge Forth, in the skirmisher tree. If you've got Expert Skirmisher you'll already want to be within 45 feet, may as well be a crit machine while you're there :)

Cryogen on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

No not Bullseye, i dont really like that either. Charge Forth, in the skirmisher tree. If you've got Expert Skirmisher you'll already want to be within 45 feet, may as well be a crit machine while you're there :)

Ah I see what you're talking about. It's a possibility, but what would I replace with it? I mean, I love the talents I have picked...

Keen Arrowheads makes me a real cock to anyone who needs mobility or suffers from DoTs (read: everyone).
    Split Arrows lets me be an asshole to everyone in an area.
    Expert Skirmisher lets me be more of an asshole to everyone somewhat nearby.

I mean, I suppose Replenishing Strikes would be better supported by Charge Forth, but I really don't know that I'd want to lose any of the above. :|

Also, level 11s in the tier 2 scenarios? Yea, I kicked ass.

Not really, but I capped the flag a lot. No one seems to guard the eastern entrance to the destruction base. That was nice, because I could get in there, spy, and give out all sorts of information to my teammates. Then when destro went on the offensive, I snuck in, grabbed the flag, and ran.

Back out the east entrance. Straight to my flag. No resistance whatsoever. :^:

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah i'd drop replenishing strikes. Yup its a shame, because i quite like having it, but 20% crit? Cant pass that up :)

Probably be something to mess around with. Its insanely easy to switch around tactics which is nice.

Cryogen on
  • Options
    XzeanXzean Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What people seem to be missing (Except Zzulu) is that the Magus is a defensive (read also as: Support) ranged DPS class. We aren't Sorcs. We can't blows em up. We help others blows em up by keeping constant pressure on healers. Cryogen summed this up nicely and no one listened to him.

BTW you don't feel this role AT ALL until you hit 16 and get Pandemonium. Yes Magus is a late bloomer. Cry about it.

Xzean on
    9df14c6e1e43475d.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Is magus AoE DoT damage really enough to pressure healers though, even after Pandemonium? From watching T2 scenarios the answer seems to be "no", with things like Rune of Serenity and other heals being so effective anyway. Not to mention that by 16 Sorcs have like three or four AoE spells too.

I mean don't get me wrong, I WANT to play the Magus, they're utterly endearing in concept to me. I just don't want to get to 16 and find out that, yes, I'm still bloody useless. Personal fear of late-bloomers, really. And the trees still look goofy as hell.

Ledneh on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have no problems putting pressure on my enemy with my engineer alt

thing is, my enemy is not "that guy" it's "their entire team, all at once"

Turrets, Dots, grenades, barbed wire and acid bombs and landmines and knockbacks. You get tools man. Use them wisely and you'll cripple the enemy teams offensive completely, especially if you do it together with another engineer.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I just got Demonic Infestation, and it's just another addition to help with my ability to screw over clumps of enemy players. I've come running back to the fight after dying to see a bunch of our melee guys fighting with theirs, with healers on each side close by, and i've thrown some AoE spells in there and that little bit turned things on our favor and we rout them. You can't judge the Magus' abilities just on their own, you have to consider them as part of the overall group dynamic. Sure a DoT on its own won't do much, but three DoTs, a debuff, and a 2s knockdown in combination with tanks throwing around knockback, sorcs blasting away with DD and healers keeping everyone healthy... the effect is noticable. Chaos is our friend, since our spells are rather low on the radar of things the enemy is looking out for with all that else going on.

Aistan on