As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
We're funding a new Acquisitions Incorporated series on Kickstarter right now! Check it out at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pennyarcade/acquisitions-incorporated-the-series-2

Coming Zune on the outside of the tracks

24

Posts

  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    oh man I forgot about secret satans

    spending more money on internet people than my own relatives 8-)

    Sars_Boy on
  • transistorsecttransistorsect Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    1/40 right here.

    transistorsect on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook Zune Brutal
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I only have a 4 gig. Its good for now because I got it for like $10 after store credit. I might upgrade to a 80 or 120 this christmas if I can find it on sale.

    I do wish they would make it easier to organize music.

    Bucketman on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hey actully, I got my Zune sudo second hand (the guy couldent afford it so he reutrned it and I scooped it up cheap) and the guy who owned it before deleted all the pictures so I don't have any backgrounds. Do the pics have to be a certain size or anything for me to make it a background?

    Bucketman on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    nah, you can make any picture on your Zune a background

    Centipede Damascus on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    nah, you can make any picture on your Zune a background

    CD your my only Zune friend who ever seems to get on The Social ever.

    Bucketman on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the Social is criminally underappreciated

    Centipede Damascus on
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    does the zune have last.fm support?

    this is very important to me

    potatoe on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    not as of right now, but the Zune Social basically does everything last.fm does anyway

    Centipede Damascus on
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    but ceeeent
    i already have something like 60000 songs scrobbled on last.fm

    you don't expect me to restart, do you?

    potatoe on
  • Rampant EntityRampant Entity Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh man oh man, I am in desperate need of the 120gb Zune.

    I filled my 80gb within 1 week of purchasing it, albeit, a lot of the music was just stuff from my aging ipod.

    Rampant Entity on
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    although i guess it would be cool to know what i listen to on the go compared to at home

    potatoe on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    wiki tells me that there is a group working on a plugin that will scrobble your zune plays to last.fm

    http://www.last.fm/group/Zenses

    Centipede Damascus on
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    haha

    zenses

    potatoe on
  • Rampant EntityRampant Entity Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The Zune plugins for lastfm are apparently quite disappointing. I couldn't even get them to run because they refuse to cooperate with my operating system.

    Rampant Entity on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The only version that is currently up and running is for an old version of the zune software.

    I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • transistorsecttransistorsect Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I need a Zune tag. Someone took mine. :(

    transistorsect on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook Zune Brutal
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I update everything, how do I mess with channels? And how do I get more games? I want Castle Crashers Zune dammnit! They need to make that!

    Bucketman on
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    dammit microsoft
    what the fuck

    goddamn this shit is linked with my 360 account, isn't it?

    fucking eotatop

    potatoe on
  • B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My iPod died today.
    You do not understand how upset I was.
    For my iPod is my security blanket.

    Edit: Holy fuck my iPod just turned on and it's all the way across the fucking room.

    B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    B.C. wrote: »
    My iPod died today.
    You do not understand how upset I was.
    For my iPod is my security blanket.

    My headphones died this week. This is double annoying since I was saving up for expensive headphones and I don't have enough.

    Killjoy on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BC hook it to your comp and do a restore

    The Black Hunter on
  • transistorsecttransistorsect Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Holy shit. Games? What is this madness? I need to play around with this update.

    transistorsect on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook Zune Brutal
  • B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BC hook it to your comp and do a restore

    See, I did that.
    Nothing.

    So I left it on my nightstand and all of a sudden ~bing~
    Possibly the restore kicking in late I have no idea, all I know is that I am happy to have my iPod back.

    B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • fallaxdracofallaxdraco Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I really like my old Zune 30, and it is really cool of them to have updated the functionality on it... wireless actually has a point now! It finally does what it should have done at release!

    I also enjoyed listening to my podcasts while playing Texas hold'em... I wonder if they are going to release any good games for it anytime soon

    fallaxdraco on
  • IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I accidentally bought a broken zune on ebay. I was like "yeah i'll bid 50 euros, not gonna win it anyways" and missed the fact that it was broken.

    So now a totally not working 1st gen Zune is lying around in my apartment.

    Iskander on
  • bentbent Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm still using my 20gig Zen

    because it's perfect

    bent on
    sig1.png
  • JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have an original Zune, which I bought right after they came out. Now, the software has an error every time it starts, and it won't even show up. I've sent detailed error reports to Microsoft for MONTHS, and received no response of any kind. I've posted on, and tirelessly searched support forums, to no avail, and they just don't seem interested in fixing the issue.

    So now I can't upload any new music to the thing, it's fucking infuriating, and I am actually considering getting an iPod out of spite.

    JohnHam on
    signature.png

  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I should stop at the gas station and try to see if I can talk to a manager about getting that job so I can afford a new iPod
    Even if it's just another 8 gig one
    Mine is beat to shit

    Me Too! on
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    JohnHam wrote: »
    I have an original Zune, which I bought right after they came out. Now, the software has an error every time it starts, and it won't even show up. I've sent detailed error reports to Microsoft for MONTHS, and received no response of any kind. I've posted on, and tirelessly searched support forums, to no avail, and they just don't seem interested in fixing the issue.

    So now I can't upload any new music to the thing, it's fucking infuriating, and I am actually considering getting an iPod out of spite.

    is there a way to do a hardcore reformat kill the bitch reset and then reinstall the software?

    potatoe on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    sansa 4 lyfe, dogg

    Bedlam on
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    rio 4 lyfe until this one dies and i can't buy another because rio is defunct, dogg

    potatoe on
  • JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    potatoe wrote: »
    JohnHam wrote: »
    I have an original Zune, which I bought right after they came out. Now, the software has an error every time it starts, and it won't even show up. I've sent detailed error reports to Microsoft for MONTHS, and received no response of any kind. I've posted on, and tirelessly searched support forums, to no avail, and they just don't seem interested in fixing the issue.

    So now I can't upload any new music to the thing, it's fucking infuriating, and I am actually considering getting an iPod out of spite.

    is there a way to do a hardcore reformat kill the bitch reset and then reinstall the software?

    I have attempted meticulous uninstalls/reinstalls of not only the zune software itself, but also the .Net Framework which runs it. I have even downloaded separate programs to EXTRA-SUPER uninstall them, with no positive results of any kind.

    EDIT: I miss my Zen Xtra...:(

    JohnHam on
    signature.png

  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    JohnHam wrote: »
    potatoe wrote: »
    JohnHam wrote: »
    I have an original Zune, which I bought right after they came out. Now, the software has an error every time it starts, and it won't even show up. I've sent detailed error reports to Microsoft for MONTHS, and received no response of any kind. I've posted on, and tirelessly searched support forums, to no avail, and they just don't seem interested in fixing the issue.

    So now I can't upload any new music to the thing, it's fucking infuriating, and I am actually considering getting an iPod out of spite.

    is there a way to do a hardcore reformat kill the bitch reset and then reinstall the software?

    I have attempted meticulous uninstalls/reinstalls of not only the zune software itself, but also the .Net Framework which runs it. I have even downloaded separate programs to EXTRA-SUPER uninstall them, with no positive results of any kind.

    EDIT: I miss my Zen Xtra...:(

    dag, yo
    sounds like a hardware issue

    have you tried contacting microsoft?

    potatoe on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    well taters, at least she dances on the sand!

    Bedlam on
  • JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, taters, I have. Numerous times. I can't do a total windows reinstall because I'd lose tons of work files, and would have to reinstall a boatload of work-related software.

    I was holding out for the next software update in the hopes that they would either fix the issue or it would somehow be fixed magically, by accident, but I tried that this morning and no dice.

    I'm seriously considering a new player or possibly setting up my old desktop to sync files but fuck that and fuck you microsoft because I shouldn't have to do this shit. WHY ISN'T THE ZUNE RECOGNIZABLE AS A HARD DRIVE THIS WOULD NEUTRALIZE ALL MY ISSUES SHIT

    JohnHam on
    signature.png

  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Guys
    How many dicks would I have to suck to make 220 bucks
    Or at least how much should I charge per dick

    Me Too! on
  • JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Guys
    How many dicks would I have to suck to make 220 bucks
    Or at least how much should I charge per dick
    do handjobs at least then you won't be able to type

    JohnHam on
    signature.png

  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That depends on how good you were, wiggin.

    Since you probably dont have much experience you probably wont get as much.

    But! I could let you practice for free!

    Bedlam on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Lookit all I want is a reasonable asking price so I can start earning some money

    Me Too! on
Sign In or Register to comment.