As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Tight

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Also, what's a TotP?

Top Of The Page.

But it isn't always, depending how you have your preferences set.

japan on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Something about the culture and all the rules bothers me. I'm not very interested in that sort of thing, but I've thought that if I was, then the standard stuff wouldn't do it for me. Like, if tying people up was my thing, I'd want to actually tie them up completely, not tie them up but they have a safe word to get out if they need or something.

Well, there aren't really any "rules" except: don't kill anybody and don't do anything to anybody that they don't want done to them.

The safeword is just an extension of consensuality. If you tie somebody up, and they change their mind halfway through, and you don't honor that, you're not just breaking the "rules" of BDSM, you're breaking the law and all sorts of nigh-universal moral codes. The safeword is just a system to make sure that fake protest (but still within the realm of consensuality) is easily distinguishable from a withdrawal of consent.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Leitner wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    durandal is a girl

huh

This too is a suprise to me, I thought Durandal was the guy with the massive pecs, like shockingly huge. I've probably got you confused with another Durandal? There's at least a couple of you I believe.

Well, massive pecs would be way bigger than a b-cup.

And no, I am a duder. I just have a lovely rack.

Edit: and yeah if I were a lady, I'd be using Leela.

Damn shemales, ruining my fantasies.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    oh durandal is a boy

we can all lean back in our chairs guys

MikeMan on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Wait... Jansen has a cloaca?

:shock:

If he's the one claiming to be a duck, then yes.

Must make sex interesting.

It's a joke about a meme you haven't been exposed to yet.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    japan wrote: »
    Also, what's a TotP?

Top Of The Page.

But it isn't always, depending how you have your preferences set.

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    It's the same reason we write off Mormonism, isn't it? They only carry hints of the crazy now, but their roots are black-hating-Jesus-came-to-America-and-smote-woowoo-Indians-with-red-skin crap. I mean, that their religions are founded on those tenets is inescapable, and they don't even go for the apologetics route about it like real Christians, they've just forgotten that's what their religion says.

The difference, though, is that Buddhism encourages the follower to pick and choose what they want to follow while Christianity does not.

There is nowhere in the Bible where Jesus or God says, "Don't take my word for it!"

Buddhism is a little bit like Reading Rainbow, actually.

Buddhism is definitely better about it, but I don't see what's Buddhist about a belief structure when you've whittled it down to "everybody suffers, let's reduce suffering."

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i don't have safewords cause when you are my bitch

well

you are my fucking bitch

MikeMan on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    oh durandal is a boy

we can all lean back in our chairs guys

But he has BOOBS.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Can I talk about my Johnson again

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

But.. but ducks really do have cloacas....

Biology humor is funny, dammit, meme or no.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Elendil wrote: »
    Can I talk about my Johnson again

yes

MikeMan on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I wanted to say something about inappropriate use of the word shemale but you actually used it right, so

I got nothin'

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Something about the culture and all the rules bothers me. I'm not very interested in that sort of thing, but I've thought that if I was, then the standard stuff wouldn't do it for me. Like, if tying people up was my thing, I'd want to actually tie them up completely, not tie them up but they have a safe word to get out if they need or something.

Well, there aren't really any "rules" except: don't kill anybody and don't do anything to anybody that they don't want done to them.

The safeword is just an extension of consensuality. If you tie somebody up, and they change their mind halfway through, and you don't honor that, you're not just breaking the "rules" of BDSM, you're breaking the law and all sorts of nigh-universal moral codes. The safeword is just a system to make sure that fake protest (but still within the realm of consensuality) is easily distinguishable from a withdrawal of consent.

Right, I understand that. I just don't understand why someone would want to do that and still have consent involved. I understand that apparently people do, but I just don't get it.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Buddhism is definitely better about it, but I don't see what's Buddhist about a belief structure when you've whittled it down to "everybody suffers, let's reduce suffering."

Well sure because you've whittled things down past Buddhism at that point. You have to have at least the four noble truths for it to be Buddhism.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I'm the one who claimed to be a duck.

You're bad at this.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Depends on the method by which you reduce suffering.

"Let's reduce suffering by giving people what they want" = not terribly Buddhist.
    "Let's reduce suffering by wanting less stuff" = more Buddhist.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Exactly. You can be into BDSM but not to the point that you actually are going to hurt people without them wanting it. Generally it's sexy to be in power with the agreement of the partner, more than not doing it at all.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Right, I understand that. I just don't understand why someone would want to do that and still have consent involved. I understand that apparently people do, but I just don't get it.

Because the physical experience of being tied up is powerful.

Also, some people do engage in no-safeword play after they've been together for a long time and competely trust each other.

Feral on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    I wanted to say something about inappropriate use of the word shemale but you actually used it right, so

I got nothin'

See, how is it you can be a word nazi, but I can't make people squirm with awkward humor?

It's just not fair! *sniff*

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I'm the one who claimed to be a duck.

You're bad at this.

That's the whole point.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Because the physical experience of being tied up is powerful.

Also, some people do engage in no-safeword play after they've been together for a long time and competely trust each other.

As I understand it, that occurs at about the point you can be confident giving blanket consent for another person to do anything they want, while also being sure that they won't do anything you wouldn't want them to.

japan on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008

I got nothin'

See, how is it you can be a word nazi, but I can't make people squirm with awkward humor?

Hey now, I'm not a word n---

I just stand vanguard over that one particular family of words

though lately I've given up on policing them anywhere beyond D&D

there was a thread the other day where people thought that transvestites were the ones who wanted to change their gender, and drag queens were any kind of crossdresser at all

but I'm getting too old to play the scholarly game :|

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Man I figured the forum Thanatos frequented would be familiar with dudes having boobs. Oh burn I haven't even seen him but I've heard he's a fatty so I'm gonna say it anyways.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited September 2008

"Let's reduce suffering by giving people what they want" = not terribly Buddhist.

Well, right, but when you get it down to that, I don't see what's specifically Buddhist about it. It could be Buddhist inspired, but beliefs like that are far from unique to Buddhism.

Basically, I see Western Buddhist the way I see modern pagans or Wiccans. Just silly, stupid shit to me. It's my judgmental side showing itself yet again.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My friend's sister is a fancy hobo and I am so jealous of her.

She always gets job being a ski lift operator or working at a camp or some shit. She just got her MBA in Ireland, and now that she's back she's going to work for Disney Cruises for a few months in the Bahamas.

SO JEALOUS

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Also talking of looking akward at the gym, today I saw some massive guy (dude was like a foot shorter then me and easily eighty or so pounds heavier) with the crappiest form I've ever seen doing a squat. I swear I could hear his back crying in anguish, but I didn't point this out because it would've been too damn ridiculous, given his stature and that I'm skinny (albeit toned) as all fuck. I don't think he would have taken me seriously.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I got nothin'

Hey now, I'm not a word n---

I just stand vanguard over that one particular family of words

though lately I've given up on policing them anywhere beyond D&D

there was a thread the other day where people thought that transvestites were the ones who wanted to change their gender, and drag queens were any kind of crossdresser at all

but I'm getting too old to play the scholarly game :|

Well, you don't have to worry about me misusing gender/transgender related terms. Like I said, many of my friends are bisexual/homosexual/queer/transgendered/etc., so I'm pretty good at the 'lingo', as it were.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The wiki page for cloaca has a picture of a seagull pooping. Also a hawk’s butt. Classy.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Variable wrote: »

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Well, right, but when you get it down to that, I don't see what's specifically Buddhist about it. It could be Buddhist inspired, but beliefs like that are far from unique to Buddhism.

Basically, I see Western Buddhist the way I see modern pagans or Wiccans. Just silly, stupid shit to me. It's my judgmental side showing itself yet again.

Well, it's a spectrum of Buddhist-ness.

I agree with a lot of tenets of Buddhism but I don't call myself Buddhist because my beliefs aren't Buddhist enough in my opinion to warrant the label.

But if somebody believed in the four noble truths and was following the eightfold path for secular reasons, I think at that point it's perfectly acceptable call them a Buddhist. They are following the -ism taught by Buddha.

Feral on

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

I just don't understand why you can post twice per post and I can only post once per post.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    stilist wrote: »
    The wiki page for cloaca has a picture of a seagull pooping. Also a hawk’s butt. Classy.

Seeing a penguin poop might have been the funniest thing I've ever experienced. I was at the zoo with my ex and there were a bunch of young children around. One of the penguins just turned around, raised its flippers, stood up on its tip-toes, and blasted all over the glass. Children started either laughing or screaming. It was so great.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sup guys

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Well, it's a spectrum of Buddhist-ness.

I agree with a lot of tenets of Buddhism but I don't call myself Buddhist because my beliefs aren't Buddhist enough in my opinion to warrant the label.

But if somebody believed in the four noble truths and was following the eightfold path for secular reasons, I think at that point it's perfectly acceptable call them a Buddhist. They are following the -ism taught by Buddha.

I would agree with this. Buddhism is not like Western religions in that you do not have to believe in the supernatural to "be buddhist."

A Christian is NOT just someone who follows Christ's examples and thinks he was a pretty smart guy.

A Buddhist CAN BE someone who follows Buddha's examples and thinks he was a pretty smart guy.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ultimately, W_H, it's another No True Scotsman argument. What makes a person a true Christian or Buddhist? I think the central ideas of Christianity are that Christ was a real person, who died for our sins, and that redemption (in the afterlife) can only come by being Christ-like. I don't think you can call yourself a Christian just by acting like Jesus without accepting the notions of the afterlife and salvation.

However, the core beliefs of Buddhism in my opinion are the four noble truths and the escape from suffering via the eightfold path. If you accept those, you're a True Scotsm--- err, Buddhist.

Feral on

• Options
    edited September 2008

I just don't understand why you can post twice per post and I can only post once per post.

cause i'm just that good

also i was being meta cause it was a "post post" in terms of a "post after a post" as well

hellllll yea

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    stilist wrote: »

Seeing a penguin poop might have been the funniest thing I've ever experienced. I was at the zoo with my ex and there were a bunch of young children around. One of the penguins just turned around, raised its flippers, stood up on its tip-toes, and blasted all over the glass. Children started either laughing or screaming. It was so great.

Hahahaha that is incredible. Penguins are endlessly entertaining.

durandal4532 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

'Cause Mike is special like that.
    He's sleeping with Tube.

Passerbye on
This discussion has been closed.