Options

Jump Ultimate Stars

• Options
    mikecantypemikecantype Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jeffc wrote:
    There's a J-arena. It's basically you and 19 other computer-generated decks, organised into 20 4-man free-for-alls with varying rules (score, collect stars, KO). There's a fourth variation (I think) that I haven't unlocked yet.
    Fourth mode is Champion mode, again it's 20 matches but it's a random mix up of point match, death match and star collect.

So had some one on one games against Thoughtless Muse before, wow it's a lot more fun versusing fellow PA players then randoms. We need to get some more game on happening. Anyway we had about ten odd matches, awesome fun indeed, I definitely had trouble against his Yu Yu Hakusho deck.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Thoughtless MuseThoughtless Muse Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jeffc wrote:
    There's a J-arena. It's basically you and 19 other computer-generated decks, organised into 20 4-man free-for-alls with varying rules (score, collect stars, KO). There's a fourth variation (I think) that I haven't unlocked yet.
    Fourth mode is Champion mode, again it's 20 matches but it's a random mix up of point match, death match and star collect.

So had some one on one games against Thoughtless Muse before, wow it's a lot more fun versusing fellow PA players then randoms. We need to get some more game on happening. Anyway we had about ten odd matches, awesome fun indeed, I definitely had trouble against his Yu Yu Hakusho deck.

Yeah, it's definately the deck I have the most experience with. I haven't even touched like 30 battle characters, and I haven't even scratched the surface of support komas, so my decks have a long ways to go. There's lots of worthwhile characters/supports in the game, and it has enough depth and variety for skill to play a legitimate roll. We need more players, badly. Where is everyone who played the first game?

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Now that I have unlocked a bunch more stuff (I am currently at the JUMP planets.), I am playing around with more mixed teams.

My first 2 teams were a Naruto themed one with 6 koma Kakashi, and 5 komas of Sakura and Naruto. Probably gonna delete it, not a huge fan of it anymore. (love the characters... but the team just doesnt work that well for my playstyle.) Kakashi's Raikiri is nice, but I dont particularly like his Y and B combos. his other special [spoiler:e422b04fae]Mangekyou Sharingan[/spoiler:e422b04fae] is ok... but its too slow moving.

Next up was Team Strawhat... the One Piece themed team. Here I am using 6 koma Sanji and 8 koma Luffy. I keep the 2 koma chopper in for some healing support (and because he is the only 2 koma that will fit in the one spot there). Sanji of course kicks ass (he is one of my favorites now), and Luffy's Y attacks are brutal, but Luffy's X special is a bit slow for my taste, I do like his up+X, since I can take out usually about 2 platforms over me with it. Plus it is WONDERFUL for those areas with a bottom screen ring-out spot.

My newest team is a bit of a mix-up team.

7 koma Sasuke - may be changing this one out for another Knowledge type. He is good, but I dont know if he fits my style or not.

5 koma Kenshiro - Holy crap. I knew Kenshiro would kick ass... but this guy is DEFINETELY one of my favorites now. I am about to test out some of his higher koma's and see how they do.

5 koma Sanji (Laughter one) - great comboing, and he works really nicely against all of the power-based guys.

Also using the 2 koma Sena from Eyeshield 21, he gives the confuse effect when he hits, and seems a fair addition to fill spots.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, it's definately the deck I have the most experience with. I haven't even touched like 30 battle characters, and I haven't even scratched the surface of support komas, so my decks have a long ways to go. There's lots of worthwhile characters/supports in the game, and it has enough depth and variety for skill to play a legitimate roll. We need more players, badly. Where is everyone who played the first game?
    Yeah I noticed the lack of support komas from your side, you weren't pulling them out as much as I was. But there's a lot so it takes a bit of time to get through them trying to figure out which works with what and who. But you really learn a lot when you versus others, I mean I discovered a lot of awesome support komas from playing online.
    Next up was Team Strawhat... the One Piece themed team. Here I am using 6 koma Sanji and 8 koma Luffy. I keep the 2 koma chopper in for some healing support (and because he is the only 2 koma that will fit in the one spot there). Sanji of course kicks ass (he is one of my favorites now), and Luffy's Y attacks are brutal, but Luffy's X special is a bit slow for my taste, I do like his up+X, since I can take out usually about 2 platforms over me with it. Plus it is WONDERFUL for those areas with a bottom screen ring-out spot.
    If you're finding 8 koma Gear Third Luffy's X special slow (and it does have a slow start up), I'd recommend 6 koma Afro Luffy which has the fastest start up for the rapid punch X specials, but if you're keen on using a Water 7/Enies Lobby Luffy then go with 7 koma Gear Second as it's start up for the rapid punch X special is quicker than 8 but a tad slower than 6. I just don't really see 8 koma Luffy worth it.
    5 koma Kenshiro - Holy crap. I knew Kenshiro would kick ass... but this guy is DEFINETELY one of my favorites now. I am about to test out some of his higher koma's and see how they do.
    Oh Kenshiro how I hate thee when I face him online.
    Also using the 2 koma Sena from Eyeshield 21, he gives the confuse effect when he hits, and seems a fair addition to fill spots.
    Sena is great support, do check out his 3 koma as it stops opponents from being able to move. Do it near a ledge so easy ring outs.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    ZoneZone Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    What brick and mortar stores would carry imported games?

Zone on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hooray, my copy finally arrived! I''m charging my DS and doing stuff tonight though so I'll try to check it out tomorrow.

Gilder on
  • Options
    opticaloptical Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    My copy came today
    friend code: 3307 9926 6619
    toss my a pm with yours if you add me and we can get some games in =D

optical on
    optical.png
  • Options
    TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Zone wrote:
    What brick and mortar stores would carry imported games?
    My Fry's had one copy of Jump Ultimate Stars for 49.99.

If I were to get it, I'd probably get it from YesAsia though... about 5 dollars cheaper with free shipping and no tax, it seems. At least that was what happened for Ouendan.

TM2 Rampage on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    GAME ON THREAD

Just for those who might of missed it.

Let's game on!

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    GAME ON THREAD

Just for those who might of missed it.

Let's game on!

Heh, I really should have mentioned it other than in the OP. Thanks.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Oh my god guys, I must return this game because a move is not perfect in my eyes. [spoiler:aeaaa335c8]Nami's happiness punch. You can CLEARLY see that she's wearing a bikini. What the hell is this 4Kids censoring?[/spoiler:aeaaa335c8]Well it was a good game while it lasted but this is just unacceptable.
    [spoiler:aeaaa335c8]Give me a chance to get decent at the game and I shall add my code to the game on thread.[/spoiler:aeaaa335c8]

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Something cool I picked up today whilst playing some randoms on wifi today.

So the person I was playing today picked the Yu Yu Hakusho stage, if you don't known which one it is, it's a completely open stage with only one small platform above which moves left to right, absolutely perfect for the deck he/she was using. The deck consisted of 7 koma batle Don Patch (Bobobo*repeat at naseum) and 5 koma battle Jaguar (according to wiki from Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar). Anyway do Jaguar's X special which he grabs hold of you and throws you into the air, then whilst you are falling down quickly change to Don Patch and do his up + X special. Both are laughter types and we all know online there are quite a lot of users of power types (Kenshiro, Raoh, Luffy etc) so it means that extra bit more damage to them. Man I got caught by that move too many times which resulted in my early demise (it was death match). But yes this tactic worked very well in that stage, won't work quite as well in stages with too many platforms. That bastard.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    StriderEdgeStriderEdge Registered User regular
    edited December 2006

So the person I was playing today picked the Yu Yu Hakusho stage, if you don't known which one it is, it's a completely open stage with only one small platform above which moves left to right, absolutely perfect for the deck he/she was using. The deck consisted of 7 koma batle Don Patch (Bobobo*repeat at naseum) and 5 koma battle Jaguar (according to wiki from Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar). Anyway do Jaguar's X special which he grabs hold of you and throws you into the air, then whilst you are falling down quickly change to Don Patch and do his up + X special. Both are laughter types and we all know online there are quite a lot of users of power types (Kenshiro, Raoh, Luffy etc) so it means that extra bit more damage to them. Man I got caught by that move too many times which resulted in my early demise (it was death match). But yes this tactic worked very well in that stage, won't work quite as well in stages with too many platforms. That bastard.

I actually have a setup that works like that too. It has Kurama and Don Patch. Kurama's up+X then don patch's up+X. Kurama's special is somewhat slow to fire so I might try out Jaguar.

Also... anyone tried using Yoruichi's 2 panel? It's kinda cool. It's a super fast dash that carries you up and to the facing direction. Since it can be used midair it can be used to carry you back on to a stage. Whats funny is that if you start to jump over your opponent when you use it she will grab them instead. She will grab blocking characters as well... so if its used anywhere near the edge she will carry them too far to get back. I'm finding it useful to use with beam characters so when they start to get back to the stage they are hit by the beam.

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    edited December 2006

I actually have a setup that works like that too. It has Kurama and Don Patch. Kurama's up+X then don patch's up+X. Kurama's special is somewhat slow to fire so I might try out Jaguar.

Also... anyone tried using Yoruichi's 2 panel? It's kinda cool. It's a super fast dash that carries you up and to the facing direction. Since it can be used midair it can be used to carry you back on to a stage. Whats funny is that if you start to jump over your opponent when you use it she will grab them instead. She will grab blocking characters as well... so if its used anywhere near the edge she will carry them too far to get back. I'm finding it useful to use with beam characters so when they start to get back to the stage they are hit by the beam.

I just tried her out on in training and then a random wifi match, and she's very difficult to use, but instant death if used against an opponent standing near the edge. She sends them off the stage at lightning speed, there's no chance what so ever for them to return. She's also extremely useful to escape bad situations, and allows you to move around the stage at blinding speed. One problem is that using her to KO opponents doesn't award you any points. I'd still say she's overly broken, so I'm weary about using her.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Man she's saved my hide many a times especially against those bloody annoying Momotaro (according to wiki - Sakigake!! Otokojuku) users who just stand at the ledge pulling off forward + Y (shooting those blue tigers), there's really no way of getting back up I kid you not. Fuck he's annoying.

So out of curiosity how many custom decks have we made? I've done 35 however honestly I only use like a third of them online, half of them I don't use because I refuse to be another Raoh, Kenshiro, other 8 koma top tier popular character etc player (probaby why I'm not winning as much), and the rest I make on whim.

And speaking of decks how many pre-made decks are there? I've unlocked 63 so far, it seems you need to play ranking mode a few times to unlock them all but I have no idea what I'm shooting for.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006

I just tried her out on in training and then a random wifi match, and she's very difficult to use, but instant death if used against an opponent standing near the edge. She sends them off the stage at lightning speed, there's no chance what so ever for them to return. She's also extremely useful to escape bad situations, and allows you to move around the stage at blinding speed. One problem is that using her to KO opponents doesn't award you any points. I'd still say she's overly broken, so I'm weary about using her.

True. It can be really cheap. Especially if you aim it right and there is still wall above, she'll bounce off the bottom of the wall sending them straight down. Still I'd rather not simply let them fall not earning me points, so I shoot them with Train's beam special. As for it being broken? Nah... there are better ring out moves like Hitsaguya's freeze beam that don't require split second timing to land. The only advantage it has over other ring out moves is that it can go through blocking, but its really specialized. You pretty much have to know that they are definately going to continue blocking. If you miss and hit yourself with it... you are going to have to use it a second time to get back to the stage. So yea Yoruichi has her advantage of it being an insta kill, but the drawbacks and situations to use it even out the usefulness.

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Man she's saved my hide many a times especially against those bloody annoying Momotaro (according to wiki - Sakigake!! Otokojuku) users who just stand at the ledge pulling off forward + Y (shooting those blue tigers), there's really no way of getting back up I kid you not. Fuck he's annoying.

So out of curiosity how many custom decks have we made? I've done 35 however honestly I only use like a third of them online, half of them I don't use because I refuse to be another Raoh, Kenshiro, other 8 koma top tier popular character etc player (probaby why I'm not winning as much), and the rest I make on whim.

And speaking of decks how many pre-made decks are there? I've unlocked 63 so far, it seems you need to play ranking mode a few times to unlock them all but I have no idea what I'm shooting for.

YES. God I hate him so much. Perhaps my least favorite character in the game, only the main Reborn character comes remotely close.

I only have 10 custom decks at the moment, I just change up the ones I use constantly.

I have been using Raoh, and he's totally broken, perhaps enough to not be worth using. Other characters, Kurama especially, I know how to use really well and can decimate people with. I can frequently take out whole decks with Kurama alone. We're talking 3 5-6 Komas.
    True. It can be really cheap. Especially if you aim it right and there is still wall above, she'll bounce off the bottom of the wall sending them straight down. Still I'd rather not simply let them fall not earning me points, so I shoot them with Train's beam special. As for it being broken? Nah... there are better ring out moves like Hitsaguya's freeze beam that don't require split second timing to land. The only advantage it has over other ring out moves is that it can go through blocking, but its really specialized. You pretty much have to know that they are definately going to continue blocking. If you miss and hit yourself with it... you are going to have to use it a second time to get back to the stage. So yea Yoruichi has her advantage of it being an insta kill, but the drawbacks and situations to use it even out the usefulness.

I don't know, she's way too fast to be evaded, she's a guarenteed KO used properly from what I've seen, and she goes through block, as well as being an excellent escape tool when cornered or in a large group of people. Seems pretty damn broken to me.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006

YES. God I hate him so much. Perhaps my least favorite character in the game, only the main Reborn character comes remotely close.

I only have 10 custom decks at the moment, I just change up the ones I use constantly.

I have been using Raoh, and he's totally broken, perhaps enough to not be worth using. Other characters, Kurama especially, I know how to use really well and can decimate people with. I can frequently take out whole decks with Kurama alone. We're talking 3 5-6 Komas.

I don't know, she's way too fast to be evaded, she's a guarenteed KO used properly from what I've seen, and she goes through block, as well as being an excellent escape tool when cornered or in a large group of people. Seems pretty damn broken to me.

Alright. You continue using Raoh and decimating me and I will keep Yoruichi in the one deck I have her in. :D

Also I'm gonna try out the Jaguar combo with Seiya. I haven't really used either character yet, so its a good learning experience. That and I've been meaning to try out Seiya for a while now.

I've got a deck using Train (the guy from Black Cat) now and he's pretty fun to play as. Pretty much all of his moves are distance attacks. His taunt thing is fairly nifty too as it raises the amount of bullets he can shoot from 3 to 6. His bullets bounce off the floor too... which isn't as useful as going through the floor but damn it looks cool.

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [YES. God I hate him so much. Perhaps my least favorite character in the game, only the main Reborn character comes remotely close.
    Momotaro is dirt easy to (ab)use, I don't mind playing with him but he's someone I hardly use online due to reasons we've mentioned. But how could you not like Tsuna (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!), he's my favourite character and tonnes better than his JSS counterpart, he's a tad unpredictable and his 6 koma X special is fantastic where he knocks you upwards into the air and then finally slamming you down into the ground, it's real easy to link his foward + Y into it. My Tsuna and Dio (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) deck is my favourite and always the first deck I choose to play with.
    Alright. You continue using Raoh and decimating me and I will keep Yoruichi in the one deck I have her in. :D
    Don't you just love the feeling when you beat a Raoh user online? It's so satisfying seeing as most of them they do only really do is that up + Y energy field over and over again and spam a few specials at it.
    Also I'm gonna try out the Jaguar combo with Seiya. I haven't really used either character yet, so its a good learning experience. That and I've been meaning to try out Seiya for a while now.
    What is this Jaguar and Seiya combo? Is there some sort of awesome special combination special that you're working on? Oh don't be a meanie and share with us all.
    I've got a deck using Train (the guy from Black Cat) now and he's pretty fun to play as. Pretty much all of his moves are distance attacks. His taunt thing is fairly nifty too as it raises the amount of bullets he can shoot from 3 to 6. His bullets bounce off the floor too... which isn't as useful as going through the floor but damn it looks cool.
    I wholeheartedly suck at using Train. Eve (Black Cat) on the other hand I love to use. Rukia (Bleach) I've also been messing around with, and ditto with that yoyo wielding kid (Hunter X Hunter). Shame is that they are knowledge based and get raped by all those power types online.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    yeah the fact that there are soo many power types out there, has me mostly using laughter/power.

the alternate 6 koma Luffy (The laughter one) is probably my most used right now since I just cant use Bobobo that well yet.

Right now I just need to get more into using support and help koma's effectively.

right now the only help's I've been using are the extra special bar ones (Shanks), the air dash ones, and probably the triple jump ones soon.

I havent really gotten to using the supports much at all though, aside from the Sena one from Eyeshield 21, so I am pretty much lost when it comes to those.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Fuck this online player!

So this player picks the Jump stage which has no walls, three platforms; one above each other - the top one being the longest, second being shorter and third being shortest in length, and at the bottom there are three pillars. Player picks 7 koma Bobobo, point match and 30 seconds length. On the top platform continually does up + X special where Bobobo glides across the sky dropping tires which happen to be able to go through all platforms and you can't block for the full length of the special (you'll end up having your guard broken).

Fuck that cheap tactic.

EDIT: Yeah that players record was something along the lines of 300 odd games with 300 odd wins. That player either is really good, uses cheap tactics a lot or disconnects.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Fuck this online player!

So this player picks the Jump stage which has no walls, three platforms; one above each other - the top one being the longest, second being shorter and third being shortest in length, and at the bottom there are three pillars. Player picks 7 koma Bobobo, point match and 30 seconds length. On the top platform continually does up + X special where Bobobo glides across the sky dropping tires which happen to be able to go through all platforms and you can't block for the full length of the special (you'll end up having your guard broken).

Fuck that cheap tactic.

EDIT: Yeah that players record was something along the lines of 300 odd games with 300 odd wins. That player either is really good, uses cheap tactics a lot or disconnects.

I've been seeing a lot of asshole players the past few days. These two guys teamed up with eachother and created deathmatch games (not team games, normal free for alls), and if they weren't matched up with one another they'd end the game immediately, and they'd both use two 8 komas, and team up against any soul unfortunate enough to play against them, then when they won and they reached sudden death, they'd let it time out so they'd both win. This wasn't just a fluke or anything, they would literally never purposefully attack eachother, and were obviously working together. I'd say I'm a pretty good player, but I can't really do much against two 8 komas working together against me.

Plenty of other bullshit, but nothing else quite as noteworthy.

Anyway, anyone up for some games?

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I've been seeing a lot of asshole players the past few days. These two guys teamed up with eachother and created deathmatch games (not team games, normal free for alls), and if they weren't matched up with one another they'd end the game immediately, and they'd both use two 8 komas, and team up against any soul unfortunate enough to play against them, then when they won and they reached sudden death, they'd let it time out so they'd both win. This wasn't just a fluke or anything, they would literally never purposefully attack eachother, and were obviously working together. I'd say I'm a pretty good player, but I can't really do much against two 8 komas working together against me.
    I haven't encountered anything like that but damm that would absolutely shit me. Sigh there's always jerks on the online gaming scene. I don't mind losing to people who are better than me and pull off real fancy combos (like the one who did the Don Patch and Jaguar X special combination that I mentioned earlier) but I admit irritates me when I lose to players that spam with top tier battle komas or other cheap methods to ensure they can keep a healthy win - loss record.

So yeah Fuusuke (Ninku), awesome or what.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I haven't encountered anything like that but damm that would absolutely shit me. Sigh there's always jerks on the online gaming scene. I don't mind losing to people who are better than me and pull off real fancy combos (like the one who did the Don Patch and Jaguar X special combination that I mentioned earlier) but I admit irritates me when I lose to players that spam with top tier battle komas or other cheap methods to ensure they can keep a healthy win - loss record.

I just don't understand the attraction to beating random people in online games with abusable, repetitive, game breaking tactics. I've had a really bad string of such players today, like literally nothing but them, and it's very frustrating. I feel like I'm playing only to beat them, if only to land a small blow to their bloated egos. I want to play the game for fun, against people who want to find interesting combos and use characters that honestly appeal to them, as opposed to the apparent majority of players who are the exact opposite. This rings true for all skill based games, it's mind boggling to me how so many people use the most abusable bullshit in just about every single multiplayer game.

And I haven't tried Ninku yet. I find his face disturbing.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I stopped playing random online for the most part.

1V1 with PA guys is far more fun.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    CircularCircular Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So I finally unlocked the Hokuto no Ken 8-komas last night, and was kind of disappointed. Raoh's up + Y energy field seems good, but otherwise they've got slow beam specials and an up + X that...does what, exactly?

Are these guys awesome and I'm not getting it, or is there better stuff out there? I found myself preferring 6-koma Luffy and the Bleach characters.

Circular on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    This rings true for all skill based games, it's mind boggling to me how so many people use the most abusable bullshit in just about every single multiplayer game.
    JUS was such a blast in it's first few weeks, playing online against randoms was a tonne of fun. There was a lot of variety in characters being played, I mean when was the last time you saw Taikoubou (Houshin Engi) or Muhyo (Muhyo to Rouji).
    Oh he's not just a pretty face, I find him a lot of fun to play as. His 5 koma X special is a wave of rocks and if it hits stops the opponent from moving, so having him paired up with a monster damage hitter is great.
    Circular wrote:
    So I finally unlocked the Hokuto no Ken 8-komas last night, and was kind of disappointed. Raoh's up + Y energy field seems good, but otherwise they've got slow beam specials and an up + X that...does what, exactly?

Are these guys awesome and I'm not getting it, or is there better stuff out there? I found myself preferring 6-koma Luffy and the Bleach characters.
    The up + X special is a counter, if the opponent hits you when you do it they get damaged (for quite a lot mind you) and you are granted temporary invincibility. Both Raoh and Kenshiro are monsters if you pair them with the right support koma.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I stopped playing random online for the most part.

1V1 with PA guys is far more fun.

Oh god, easily. It's a real shame there are so few of us playing it. PA has really gone to shit as of late.
    This rings true for all skill based games, it's mind boggling to me how so many people use the most abusable bullshit in just about every single multiplayer game.
    JUS was such a blast in it's first few weeks, playing online against randoms was a tonne of fun. There was a lot of variety in characters being played, I mean when was the last time you saw Taikoubou (Houshin Engi) or Muhyo (Muhyo to Rouji).

I see pretty much only,

Ichigo, Ichigo, and more Ichigo
    7 Koma Don Patch
    A shitload of 3 Koma Sena
    Tsuna

And little else, most of which is 8 Koma, 3 Koma Trunks, and other such nonsense. Nothing wrong with 8 Koma's in of themselves, but jesus, it's like all that I've been seeing lately. 3 Koma Trunks is bullshit though, it rewards poor playing and mistakes.

Oh he's not just a pretty face, I find him a lot of fun to play as. His 5 koma X special is a wave of rocks and if it hits stops the opponent from moving, so having him paired up with a monster damage hitter is great.

I'll give him a shot. I've been trying out new characters lately, though I'm making little progress considering the sorts of players I've been playing against. I tried out Muhyo and Train yesterday, Muhyo is pretty good.
    Circular wrote:

The up + X special is a counter, if the opponent hits you when you do it they get damaged (for quite a lot mind you) and you are granted temporary invincibility. Both Raoh and Kenshiro are monsters if you pair them with the right support koma.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I see pretty much only,

7 Koma Don Patch
    Tsuna

And little else, most of which is 8 Koma, 3 Koma Trunks, and other such nonsense. Nothing wrong with 8 Koma's in of themselves, but jesus, it's like all that I've been seeing lately. 3 Koma Trunks is bullshit though, it rewards poor playing and mistakes.
    Yeah along with Ichigo I see a lot of Kenshiro and Raoh (Fist of the North Star), Sasuke (Naruto) and Luffy (One Piece). I used to see a lot of Caramel J Man (Dr Slump), they'd just spam those homing missiles. And yeah those bloody support komas you mentioned, I am sick to death of 3 koma Trunks (Dragon Ball Z), he is absolutely broken. Broken fucking broken.
    I'll give him a shot. I've been trying out new characters lately, though I'm making little progress considering the sorts of players I've been playing against. I tried out Muhyo and Train yesterday, Muhyo is pretty good.
    I don't like Muhyo, compared to the other two "summon" battle supports; Yugi (Yu Gi Oh!) and Taikoubou (Houshin Engi), he just feels slow.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I see pretty much only,

7 Koma Don Patch
    Tsuna

Yeah along with Ichigo I see a lot of Kenshiro and Raoh (Fist of the North Star), Sasuke (Naruto) and Luffy (One Piece). I used to see a lot of Caramel J Man (Dr Slump), they'd just spam those homing missiles. And yeah those bloody support komas you mentioned, I am sick to death of 3 koma Trunks (Dragon Ball Z), he is absolutely broken. Broken fucking broken.
    I don't like Muhyo, compared to the other two "summon" battle supports; Yugi (Yu Gi Oh!) and Taikoubou (Houshin Engi), he just feels slow.

I don't think I can stand playing random matches anymore. Every single match today was bullshit. When I first started playing online, I could use whatever characters, komas, anything I wanted, and there was lots of variety and varying skill levels. I seem to see only a small handful of assholes now, who have apparently taken over the game, and have killed the game for everyone else. I'd love to continue playing against PAers, but it's not worth bothering against the ten millionth Ichigo in random matches.

And you're right, Muhyo is quite slow comparitavley, but I had a really good player kick my ass with him before, so there's hope of him being worth using. I don't care for Taikoubou, he feels too spammy for my tastes, like he spends all his time repeating the same attacks. Yugi is tough to use properly, but I had a player use a deck with him as his only battle character, and he destroyed me. All are potentially good.

Any new characters/komas you've been using? Dio's 3 Koma is excellent at preventing people from running away endlessly, you select a player and he appears next to them and hits them for around 30 damage. He's really tough to see coming. I've been using a few other new things, but my recent matches haven't been remotely conclusive as to how worthwhile they are.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Any new characters/komas you've been using? Dio's 3 Koma is excellent at preventing people from running away endlessly, you select a player and he appears next to them and hits them for around 30 damage. He's really tough to see coming. I've been using a few other new things, but my recent matches haven't been remotely conclusive as to how worthwhile they are.
    Hey that's quite nice, a lot like the 3 koma Goku (Dragon Ball Z) where you select desired opponent and he appears next to them unleashing his beam.

3 koma Kagura (Gintama) is pretty neat, she appears in one of those little Japanese tables with the heated blanket (whatever they may be called) and if the opponent gets too close to her she'll swallow them up and do about 40 odd damage. A neat little trap as she stays there for a while.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Hey that's quite nice, a lot like the 3 koma Goku (Dragon Ball Z) where you select desired opponent and he appears next to them unleashing his beam.

3 koma Kagura (Gintama) is pretty neat, she appears in one of those little Japanese tables with the heated blanket (whatever they may be called) and if the opponent gets too close to her she'll swallow them up and do about 40 odd damage. A neat little trap as she stays there for a while.

I've had her used against me. The opponent would put her out as I'd try to get back to the stage after being knocked off, and she'd grab me and allow them to keep me cornered that much longer as well as doing good damage.

I'd forgotten about Goku's 3 Koma, I'll need to try him out again.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    So who is that jungle support guy that comes out and does these 3 hits and then rolls up into a ball? That guy is really starting to piss me off because I can't get the 3 special attack KO's in on the boss tower because every time I start doing damage, Tarzan comes in and fucking knocks me to the other side of the screen. I want to know his name so I can curse it the day I die.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Gilder wrote:
    So who is that jungle support guy that comes out and does these 3 hits and then rolls up into a ball? That guy is really starting to piss me off because I can't get the 3 special attack KO's in on the boss tower because every time I start doing damage, Tarzan comes in and fucking knocks me to the other side of the screen. I want to know his name so I can curse it the day I die.
    Ta-chan from Jungle King Ta-Chan, he's a 3 koma support and the icon for the series is a monkey head. I have him in one of my deck, he is quite an awesome support, he's hard to avoid and he glides for a good distance so you can call him out from a distance.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Gilder wrote:
    Ta-chan from Jungle King Ta-Chan, he's a 3 koma support and the icon for the series is a monkey head. I have him in one of my deck, he is quite an awesome support, he's hard to avoid and he glides for a good distance so you can call him out from a distance.
    Yeah, I'm planning on using him now. I figured he was from that series too with the whole jungle look going on. Now I shall go to sleep every night cursing his name for making me constantly screw that mission up.

Gilder on
  • Options
    CloggerdudeCloggerdude __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    I finally got this game today. Whee fun is all I can say.

I'm having a little bit of a problem though. I wanted to jump online real quick, even though I don't have that great a deck yet, just to see how the multiplayer was.

After finally getting my connection setup (yay for Japanese and manual configuration) I was able to connect to the wi-fi service. The only thing is, when I go to play, the game just sits in the waiting room with three empty slots that say Searching... I've let it sit there for up to 5-6 minutes at a time and it never does find any opponents.

I've got an older Netgear router, so do you think that may have something to do with it? Or is this just something that happens with the game every now and then?

Cloggerdude on
    Pokemon D/P Friend Code: 0902 9213 7501
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    After finally getting my connection setup (yay for Japanese and manual configuration) I was able to connect to the wi-fi service. The only thing is, when I go to play, the game just sits in the waiting room with three empty slots that say Searching... I've let it sit there for up to 5-6 minutes at a time and it never does find any opponents.

I've got an older Netgear router, so do you think that may have something to do with it? Or is this just something that happens with the game every now and then?
    I've had that happen recently, in the first few weeks of the games life it was teaming with online players you rarely had to wait but now as it's settled down it's only natural that there are less online players (or ones willing to play randoms and get licked) so it's going to take a bit of time to find other players.

So yeah been trying out the lower battle komas, in particular 4 koma Kenshin (Kenshin) which is great. His X attack is stuns your opponent and it's dead easy to combo into just B > Y > X. Whilst it doesn't do much damage it leaves because they are stunned it leaves them open for another combo string so repeat B > Y > X again and again, great for pushing them to the edge and ringing them out (because it does hardly any damage). And speaking of Kenshin (well the series), 2 koma Shishio is a great support which I've been messing around with, he charges at you grabs you then explodes dealing decent damage and sends your opponent flying back a bit which leaves them an easy target because you can catch them with an attack in mid air.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I decided to go and try to finish up the Single Player mode and get everything unlocked.

There are only 4 more mission requirements I have left to finish before I complete it.

These 2 in particular are causing me no end to the trouble... and they are Koma unlock ones too.

Hunter X Hunter: Mission 3 - Break the Walls

5. Complete in 1 minute.

I cant do it. I dont see how it is even POSSIBLE. these damn fixed-deck ones piss me off to no end.

Prince of Tennis: Mission 3

5. 4 KO's with support characters.

Again... Fixed Deck. and I cant get the supports to be effective enough to KO that many. (I managed the others... but 4 is a bit much.)

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Hunter X Hunter: Mission 3 - Break the Walls

5. Complete in 1 minute.

I cant do it. I dont see how it is even POSSIBLE. these damn fixed-deck ones piss me off to no end.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8fq6levKyKM
    Prince of Tennis: Mission 3

5. 4 KO's with support characters.

Again... Fixed Deck. and I cant get the supports to be effective enough to KO that many. (I managed the others... but 4 is a bit much.)
    Just widdle the opponent down till they are on low health then use Takahashi (top right). I just did it again to check over before making this post.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

I just don't understand the attraction to beating random people in online games with abusable, repetitive, game breaking tactics. I've had a really bad string of such players today, like literally nothing but them, and it's very frustrating. I feel like I'm playing only to beat them, if only to land a small blow to their bloated egos. I want to play the game for fun, against people who want to find interesting combos and use characters that honestly appeal to them, as opposed to the apparent majority of players who are the exact opposite. This rings true for all skill based games, it's mind boggling to me how so many people use the most abusable bullshit in just about every single multiplayer game.

What's so mind boggling? They know they will irritate people using these tactics. This gives them a sense of power, which they enjoy.

Mace1370 on