As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Design a World - IC World Building

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    Utsanomiko wrote:
    Utsanomiko wrote:
    If nobody else takes up sorting them out I will have Utsanomiko's Lance scatter them as they awaken.
    I'm taking the Corfas, but I can't really be the patron deity born of their gestalt conciousness until they Awaken, so.

Sure, but scattering them is a whole other field separate from that. I feel it deals with the real source of the issue by reducing their impact on the Scale, without unthwartable mass slaughter (yet neither eliminating/nullifying the earth children's feating, but merely reducing the sheer scale required to reduce the Corfas). And doing so fits with my contributions to the setting.

Unless someone reasonably debates my reasoning behind it, I'll be scattering the Corfas over the entire Scale immediately upon their awakening. And should they still grow unwiedly and spread ruin onto the lands, I will provide the heavens to hold great boulders and mountains of stone for Salt, that they may rain down upon all who despoil the earth, leaving only craters.

The Corfas were created as workers of the Mountain Stone, and were gifted accordingly. Spreading them out across the world would be to rob them of their homeland, which would be unfair as the other two have not done so yet.

If you wish to do this, I would advise waiting an age and doing so as a reaction to the violence, not as a precaution to prevent it. This would give them a homeland that they had and lost, and subsequently could have an epic series of quests to try to restore it.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    (( My intention when I said the Corfas would be the first to reach civilization was to make them the first builders of grand, marvelous stone structures and metropolises I have no real problems if people want to retcon that or scatter them, but it seems like they are royally fucked at that point; Salt slaughters a bunch of them every generation, they are constantly infighting, and they don't even have any major population centers.))

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The Corfas were created as workers of the Mountain Stone, and were gifted accordingly. Spreading them out across the world would be to rob them of their homeland, which would be unfair as the other two have not done so yet.

I meant accross the Scale to other mountainous regions. It's a very large world and should be dotted all over with mountains on its rough surface.
    If you wish to do this, I would advise waiting an age and doing so as a reaction to the violence, not as a precaution to prevent it. This would give them a homeland that they had and lost, and subsequently could have an epic series of quests to try to restore it.

Perhaps I may wait a bit of time to move them, although the meteors I considered to function as a reaction. Also I see the Riisaan more as the race that would eventually search for its homelands.

thorpe wrote:
    (( My intention when I said the Corfas would be the first to reach civilization was to make them the first builders of grand, marvelous stone structures and metropolises))

Well, there's the real confliction here: We've got a race of stone workers that the earth god doesn't want to work on stone so much as try to eat half of them. I feel they can still be influential ancient crafters even with the occasional monster tunnelling up and no deep grand cities for very long. They've still got a lot of natural abilities and being ubiquitous on over outcropping and rocky hillside in a plus.

So either there's going to be some relative compromises or the Earth God needs to not erupt everytime someone touches his stuff. :P

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    thorpe wrote:
    (( My intention when I said the Corfas would be the first to reach civilization was to make them the first builders of grand, marvelous stone structures and metropolises I have no real problems if people want to retcon that or scatter them, but it seems like they are royally fucked at that point; Salt slaughters a bunch of them every generation, they are constantly infighting, and they don't even have any major population centers.))

See, I can see how it would be fucking awesome to allow them to build these huge stone castles and temples and caverns and mines and shit, then be scattered across the world, so that by the time it was our turn to play around in the world we would have huge ancient forgotten cities of stone, before the Age of Separation for the Corfas, that would provide tons of great places to explore, dungeon-crawl and all sorts of other neat shit.

Imagine in D&D if all of the dwarves were scattered across the land and forced to fight amongst themselves. They could never completely rebuild their past glory that they once had, but had lost because of infighting and dissent, but they would constantly seek it and find these amazing stone structures that would remind them of everything they've lost.

That's what I imagine.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    thorpe wrote:

See, I can see how it would be fucking awesome to allow them to build these huge stone castles and temples and caverns and mines and shit, then be scattered across the world, so that by the time it was our turn to play around in the world we would have huge ancient forgotten cities of stone, before the Age of Separation for the Corfas, that would provide tons of great places to explore, dungeon-crawl and all sorts of other neat shit.

Imagine in D&D if all of the dwarves were scattered across the land and forced to fight amongst themselves. They could never completely rebuild their past glory that they once had, but had lost because of infighting and dissent, but they would constantly seek it and find these amazing stone structures that would remind them of everything they've lost.

That's what I imagine.

Yeah, I was more referring to scattering them as the awakened. Waiting a few thousand years for them to turn awesome and THEN scatter them seems pretty cool to me.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'm down with what Rankenphile is suggesting. The Corfas are becoming more badass with each passing minute.

Shamus on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    That's pretty awesome. After engaging in bloody civil war, the Corfas are scattered by the lance of a star god to every corner of the earth. If all the races are this cool, this setting will be great.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006

That's what I imagine.

On the other hand, the Riisaans already are great (greater?) city-builders and have a penchant to wander, which fits that concept and does so almost entirely on its own. Plus we don't need to copy the dwarf archetype so completely.

I see the Corfans more as a race conflicted with both spite and law, a need to create and the strife of their situation, and a appreciation for beauty but also a deep streak of hatred. If there's a civil war before their scaterring, I see it as something the very earliest event in their history and very brief, remaining in their mythology as a vague aspect of their torrential lot in life.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Okay, guys, here is what I am picturing. Let me know how your image of the world and the races on it differ:

The Corfas are basically the dwarves of the world, but huge and strong as fuck, and with a mean streak. I want to grant them the gift of Twinship, so that they are always born in twos, but the first one is sacrificed to the Children of Salt. When they are with their twin, they are peaceful, but their twins are sacrificed and so they are in a constant rage. They built massive stone cities and forges and mines and temples, and craft the great iron and stone weapons and armor of the world, until the Scattering, when they lose the great kingdoms and cultures they have built.

The Riisaan are basically the Paladins of the world, but are shaped like cat-like silver Centaurs. They seek order and justice, and are fast as fuck and will fuck shit up if they have to. The Clerics of Order, constructs of the God of Balance, live among them and are not really worshipped as much as they are looked upon as role models, enforcers of the Holy Law, and protectors of the race.

The Endruus are more of the Monkish race, with the ability to heal and walk among the spirit realm. They are crazy agile, but very peaceful. They will protect the forest to the death, and never really travel outside of it, for they are sort of like freaky Elves, but shaped like tentacle monkeys.

Your thoughts?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'd hate to have the Endruus never leaving the forest being a permanent, total decree. Otherwise, we'd never have any adventurers from the race. Other than that, as a typical statement, I'd say that's all really completely cool.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Utsan, That's not the dwarf archetype at all. It wouldn't be copying.

Plenty of it is intending to be its archetype, as Rank stated. Great subteranean builders, a strong emotional quirck, and a loss of their great halls in warfare.

They're not even gifted as the greatest builders of the races: that's the Riisaan. Corfas are a mix of traits and gifts.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I'd hate to have the Endruus never leaving the forest being a permanent, total decree. Otherwise, we'd never have any adventurers from the race. Other than that, as a typical statement, I'd say that's all really completely cool.

I meant as a general culture, the way the Elves never really leave the forests in Tolkein culture. Not that these are elves entirely, or anything, just that that is a good example of what I had in mind.

If anyone else has another idea, though, please say so. This is certainly a group effort, and I don't want to be influencing the group concensus too much, if we have other ideas in the mix.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    The Endruus technically aren't confined to their forests - Scooter gave them his creations for this explicit purpose.

I've got plans for the Endruus, a small tribe at least, so I'll eventually be taking some of them out of the forest.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I'm not sure about the twin thing. The sheer scale of slaughter that would be necessary to kill one of every twin, every generation, in the entire race, seems impractical. I prefer the idea that, if a certain condition is not met, the slaughter will take place - I picture varied Children of the Earth menacingly creeping out of their mountainsides in the dead of night before the Corfas, returning only once the Corfas have made some sacrifice to Salt or something of the sort.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Utsanomiko wrote:
    Utsan, That's not the dwarf archetype at all. It wouldn't be copying.

Plenty of it is intending to be its archetype, as Rank stated. Great subteranean builders, a strong emotional quirck, and a loss of their great halls in warfare.

They're not even gifted as the greatest builders of the races: that's the Riisaan. Corfas are a mix of traits and gifts.

But they are the ones who live on the Mountain, and would be the ones to build everything of stone and steel. I would imagine the Riisaan, being of the plains and as fast as they are, to be more nomadic and builders more of a culture-builder race rather than a builder of physical, permanent cities. Their armor and weapons would be of wood and leather, things that would be found on the plains, with some stone arrowheads and things like that. Like Incan or Mayan, to an extent, but more nomadic. Think Rohan.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Red Berry Blue, I intend to see if there would be some way to appease Salt. In character. As the God of Peace and stuff because you know that's how I do.

Salt! I wait for thee!

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    It's the Endruus that are the crafters, actually.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    Anonymous RobotAnonymous Robot Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    ((I would think that the Corfas hardships- living underground, being spurned by the god whose domain surrounds them, living with infighting- would make them a race of badass warrior tribes, where only the toughest survive. Hell, who knows what would become of a firstborn that managed to survive Salt's beasts? I'm seeing some sort of awesome tribe leader there.))

Anonymous Robot on
    Sigs shouldn't be higher than 80 pixels - Elki.

photo02-film.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I'm not sure about the twin thing. The sheer scale of slaughter that would be necessary to kill one of every twin, every generation, in the entire race, seems impractical. I prefer the idea that, if a certain condition is not met, the slaughter will take place - I picture varied Children of the Earth menacingly creeping out of their mountainsides in the dead of night before the Corfas, returning only once the Corfas have made some sacrifice to Salt or something of the sort.

What sort of sacrifice?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006

What sort of sacrifice?

That's what I intend to find out Rankenphile.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    edited October 2006

What sort of sacrifice?

Ask Salt. Maybe they have to turn over some trade good Salt's children can't get underground, or maybe they have to spill the blood of a hundred of their best warriors on a giant glowy altar. I dunno.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I like the idea of the Corfas being sort of competing city-states, in the Greek fashion, along with all the other ideas discussed. That just seems bad ass to me.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Yeah, that's right, the Endruu are the great crafters, my mistake. That changes my points on the Riitaans a bit.

But they are the ones who live on the Mountain, and would be the ones to build everything of stone and steel. I would imagine the Riisaan, being of the plains and as fast as they are, to be more nomadic and builders more of a culture-builder race rather than a builder of physical, permanent cities. Their armor and weapons would be of wood and leather, things that would be found on the plains, with some stone arrowheads and things like that. Like Incan or Mayan, to an extent, but more nomadic. Think Rohan.

Maybe to some extent, sure that's a reasonable perspective. I wasn't implying the Corfa be reduced to ineffectiveness, just not naturally expand to the degree of massive cities that Salt feels he has to beat to rubble. Also, scaterring them wouldn't utterly prevent them from expanding into great cities unless they're simply eaten first.

But who knows, maybe a decent city can survive by sacrificing a couple hunded children a year. I do otherwise stand by my summary of them as living a harsh conflicted way of life.

It really depends on what everyone's perspective is on the relative degree of the forces working upon them. Perhaps the best course of action really is to wait and see what goes on, and then act upon those issues in action.

Edit: Yeah, Greek, that sounds pretty good. Big burly rock-hurling, stone-chewing Greeks.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    thorpe wrote:
    I like the idea of the Corfas being sort of competing city-states, in the Greek fashion, along with all the other ideas discussed. That just seems bad ass to me.
    Before the Scattering? That seems like a good idea.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    thorpe wrote:
    Before the Scattering? That seems like a good idea.

I'd buy it.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    It could also give them the opportunity, however brief of an era, to build up a sufficient level of technology and culture to still maintain to a degree even in smaller cities. Also it would allow them to have a more unified and recognizable culture and tech base.

So I guess it's just wait for any more gifts (if any, some deities have been rather inactive since the early creation) and then send them on their merry way. If they need scattering, sacrificing, or asteroid-pounded, it can be done when the issue arises.

Edit: I'm sure some of those issues can be best sorted out on the mortal scale, played out over actual lives and cities rather than timeless world-creation. I'll have to ponder over what sort of mortal heros I might write in that case, or if it warrants a separate thread.
    Naturally I blame Pil the God of treachery on starting the debate. :P

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    ((Goddamn, this thread has started moving quickly. I need to re-read over all of it on saturday. This world needs more contradictions/puzzles/riddles, dammit! I need to get busy.))

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Love the idea of the Corfas living in a competing city-state fashion. It gives them civilization, but plays on the fact they're not united. Totally bad ass..

Edit: When exactly are the races going to be active?

Shamus on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2006

What sort of sacrifice?

That's what I intend to find out Rankenphile.

(( I think this is the sort of place where Horshuu and the Forgotten Stone may come into play. If you'll bear with me a moment...

Let's say Salt demands tribute of the Corfas to keep his vicious minions away from them. He demands that they sacrifice half of their children -- one of every set of twins, to appease him. Perhaps the Corfas would agree to this, as taking care of this tribute themselves might seem better than being ravaged by wild stone-golem-ish things.

However, the Corfas are very practical. They realize that this could be a great blow to their society, so they must ensure that only the strongest of their kind may survive. Therefore, it becomes the rite of passage into adulthood for a Corfas to slay their twin in single combat. It proves them strong, worthy, and hard enough to survive and continue their family line.

But... the Corfas also dwell closer to Horshuu and the Forgotten Stone than any other of the races, and it begins to take its toll on them first. Eventually they forget all about Salt and their promise to him... and the rite of passage merely becomes part of their culture and traditions.

Of course, it might upset Salt quite a bit that his own creations have forgotten their master... and he may decide to be particularly vengeful when his minions discover a pair of adult Corfas twins (who would of course be outcasts for defying the hallowed traditions of their people).

It could make some interesting RP characters, or a good reason for some of the Corfas to split away into separate factions... etc. ))

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Sander has forsaken the Scale and returned to the Great Beyond. Utsanomiko, will you take on his portfolio?

((Also, Inquisitor, are you interested in a role as patron demi-god of the Riisaan or Endruus?))

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Far be it from me to suggest a plan fot my own creations, but I don't think the scattering is necessary - there is already one group for each major mountain range, just as there is on group of Endruus for each forest and one of Riisaan for each open plain. Similarly, I prefer the city-states version of future history, but would suggest that instead of forcing the firstborn to fight each other, they e trained to fight the Enemy, in separate warrior-camps outside the main cities - gifted the best weapons and armour, they can only get back in by proving themselves against Salt's minions. They can also be as aggressive and competitive as they like outside and keep their compettion to more civilised versions inside the cities. Can you imagine the Greek olympics with twelve foot tall giants as athletes?

Also, don't worry about their reproduction rate too much - they're hermaphrodites, as in the entire race could all potentially be pregnant simultaneously.
    Similarly, these guys are nine feet tall at the shoulder, with two six foot long arms. I reckon that with true seeing and craft, they ought to be well able to figure out how to make an eight foot longbow. Like what the Romans used as a seige weapon. On a carriage... Plus they have an extra pair of arms to do the reloading...

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    (( I'll be back with words on this topic after school. >> ))

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    (OOC: I am talking things over with Goumindong. Apparently what he did more of less was fill me with existence, and convert my beings and I from lords of nothingness to lords of undeath. Think of me as the first lich king with zombie underlings etc. I'll work out the details later today when I have some free time. So very busy right now, but I should have a revised post of what happened up by this afternoon)

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Sander has forsaken the Scale and returned to the Great Beyond. Utsanomiko, will you take on his portfolio?

((No, but I'll gladly take the additional role of playing that deity. I don't see the God Sander being all that active anyway, but I'll think up something for the deity to add to the current events.))

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006

((Also, Inquisitor, are you interested in a role as patron demi-god of the Riisaan or Endruus?))

Sure, I'm interested. Let me tie up some loose ends on the aether/undead lord buisness and I'll be all over that.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Here's a thought.

What exactly stops any of the gods from smiting the races of the world? What checks are in place that a God can't just swoop down and kill all his rival's followers?

Shamus on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Red Berry Blue, I assume.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Ǽther folded himself back up into his dodecahedral form. Regaining his wits about him, he prepared to instruct his minions in their dark task. But before he could give out his orders, his attention was distracted by an approaching god, Goumindong. And behind him trailed a long tail of magical energy. The great nothing hissed in anger, and with that gave his minions the order to attack.

The Dark Lieutenants howled out in their shrill war cry, attempting to batter the wizards ears. His magic oscillated back, countering out the assaulting sound waves. Undaunted, the Lieutenants launched their spores, thousands upon thousands from their gills. The sky darkened as particles of raw nothing drifted violently towards Goumindong. But the god of death and magic was undaunted. With a wave of his hand, the spores were contained in magical bubbles, and they drifted harmlessly upwards away.

The Beholders of Nothing tried their hands next, lashing and thrusting violently with their tentacle arms. A slight smirk cracked upon Goumindong’s face, as his wrought the raw magic around him into protective arms, parrying the blows and catching the thrusts of the Beholders. Snapping tentacles hear and there, the Beholders howled out in pain as the wizard walked ever closer to the swirling mass of the abyss. Seeing this, the faceless ones scurried away, hiding behind anything they thought looked safe enough, even each other.

Still, staving off the attacks from the Beholders, Goumindong forced raw magic into the Ǽthers form, rupturing it from within. As he burst, turning into a gateway into a land beyond this one, a land of nothingness, the Ǽthers essence was spread throughout the land. His essence was warped, as he shattered, being flooded with raw magic and reality. As he shattered, he dies, yet still he lived on in undeath, the magic he had been flooded with supporting his new existence. Some of his essence had been absorbed by his minions, warping them with magic and undeath aswell.

The Dark Lieutenants body was now even more like that of a mushroom, solid and flexible, wrought from rotting flesh. From each of its twelve mouths on its hands it could now breathe blue flames of raw flickering magic. The flames singed the earth and melted boulders like butter. From their mouths now spilled forth the gibbering madness of undead, the commanders of the great unliving horde. They were now the Speakers for the Dead.

The Beholders of Nothing were equally warped. Their muscle bodies now raw exposed muscle, patched together but dark stitches. Through their veins coursed dark acrid blood, and at their core beat a dark heart. Now a Beholder of Unlife, as long as their dark hearts still beat, they would piece themselves back together, strong in their undeath. Their four tentacle arms were no longer made of nothingness, but of raw dark energy, no less deadly then before. In their fusion with magic, each of their five eyes gaze grew even more powerful, each on able to arc out deadly lightning.

The Facless Ones were perhaps the most changed, no longer contained in rock from the land, they were clad in hardened bone and chitin. Their stomachs churned powerful acids which they could spew forth in balls when threatened. Sharp, jagged teeth now lined they mouth. The Faceless Ones mask stayed the same, and so did their names.

The creatures, still feeling the life force of their master, longed to be reunited with their Dark Lord. And so the first of the Forests of Woe was to be built. The Faceless Ones commanded by there Beholders, consumed the earth and warped it with their powerful stomach acids. As they did this one of the Speakers for the Dead launched its spores into the air, they tainted the earth in a large area, preparing the soil for their dark work. Dark roots spread beneath the surface, linking the spores. The Faceless Ones regurgitated the now corrupted earth, and with their powerful magic the Speakers warped it into the start of the first Forest of Woe. Over the course of several days, only pausing to take shelter from the sun, the Forest of Woe was built. Trees of rotting flesh, swamps of acrid purple goop that exuded dark miasma into the air, blades of grass sharp as steel and moss that seemed to suck the very life out from around it. These dark bastions were no place for living things, the air poisonous. Even the very sunlight was blocked by the miasma, making the air in the forest as cold and sharp as death. The Forest of Woe was built up over several months, as far as the spores allowed them to build. The other eleven Dark Pentagons, each lead by their own speaker, set up similar forests throughout the land. From these strongholds they would leach the life force of the land around them, and hunt out remaining fragments of their Dark Lord.

One day, many ages from now, they would reassemble the Ǽther into his new form, a dark, bony Lord to lord over the hordes of the undead.

(OOC: Well, that’s that I think. Same idea as before, just undead now. I guess I should mention that living creatures/things that they kill are turned into ghouls/dregs whatever. That way we can have a proper undead shambling horde eventually to threaten people with. I can see them over running poorly defended towns, making towns full of ghouls to greet players later on and what not. Anyway, I think this is what I will leave now for the players. Now I’m gonna do research on the mortal races to figure out which of the two I wanna demi-god for.)

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Shamus wrote:
    Here's a thought.

What exactly stops any of the gods from smiting the races of the world? What checks are in place that a God can't just swoop down and kill all his rival's followers?

"Not wanting to end the game" I'd imagine.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    ((If you all wouldn't mind waiting a bit, we could try some good old fashioned Diplomacy?))

Anaximander stood up from the center of the Place. He sensed that there was unrest amongst the gods. Brilliant Rose's creations grew weighted with all of their curses and blessings, of who would be eaten and who would not. And yet, Anaximander knew that there must be a Peaceful solution. Graciously, Anaximander accepted the Wreath wrought for him by powerful Rankenphile, and he kept it with him. He held the Wreath of Forgiveness aloft, seeing as a work of art to channel power through, and suffused the wreath with white peace. White sheets, silky and dovelike, shot forth from the wreath, and from its center a head, androgynous and beautiful, slid forth. From underneath the folds of the sheets, two arms, and much lower, two legs were barely seen, the rest, if there was any, of the form was concealed. Since the Wreath could not be wielded even by an Avatar made from it, the graceful creature slid through the Wreath, now separate from it. In this way, the Avatar of Peace was born.

With a powerful word to the winds, the First Diplomat sent forth, through Sombrero's channels, to Salt a request for an audience with him, on Salt's terms, at a location determined by him.

And he set to waiting.

EDITS: All my posts have like 50 edits. This is because I can't read or write.

(Don't worry, comrade, I saw your post... but you made it while I was asleep. Sleep -> School -> Post. :D)

Salt, curious, arose from his mighty tomb, a mighty display of draconic inquisitiveness. As quickly as the intentions were clear, Salt travelled to the Place himself, the Place where all deities would go in the name of diplomacy, where violence and ill will were denied.

In this place, Salt presents himself not as the mighty avatar he claims on the mortal realm, but is instead one of his own Children, a humanoid being made of earth and iron.

"You have words for me, and I would hear them."

INeedNoSalt on