Options

[Chat] the fuck up and dance

• Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I would want a jillion dollars rather than praise from acne-ridden IGN journalists too. Just sayin'.

And I do buy lube at the supermarket. It's still embarassing. It's like buying a bulk pack of toilet paper.

Cashier: Man that guy must shit a lot!
    Me: I'm just interested in the savings. Why won't you believe me?

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think its really the difference between a jillion dollars and four jillion dollars.

He presented a game with tons of content and a huge ambition, then releases a dumbed down turd burger.

Also, cocks.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Four Jillion and low reviews or a single jillion and mastubatory praise from game nerds. Hmmmmm.

Why is anyone surprised that this game falls short of expectation? Why is everybody so stupid!

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2008
    It's like buying a bulk pack of toilet paper.

This is why you should wear a fake engagement ring when you shop, so it looks like a "family trip" and you're just stocking up to supply all your shitting shitter kids. Also it lets you buy Fruit Roll-Ups and Kool-Aid without looking like an idiot man-child.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    I think its really the difference between a jillion dollars and four jillion dollars.

He presented a game with tons of content and a huge ambition, then releases a dumbed down turd burger.

Also, cocks.

Molyneux syndrome.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It's like buying a bulk pack of toilet paper.

This is why you should wear a fake engagement ring when you shop, so it looks like a "family trip" and you're just stocking up to supply all your shitting shitter kids. Also it lets you buy Fruit Roll-Ups and Kool-Aid without looking like an idiot man-child.

So, what the hell did I look like when I bought Fruit Roll-Ups, Kool-Aid and Lube? D:
    :winky:

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Can I uninstall Steam and all related content and then reinstall it later with the same key or not?

I assume so because you set up the online account, but I want to be absolutely certain.

On an unrelated note, to anyone who wants to buy computers and electronics related stuff, you need to check these sites out:

pricewatch.com

monoprice.com

Tam on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

So, what the hell did I look like when I bought Fruit Roll-Ups, Kool-Aid and Lube? D:
    :winky:

Either a pederast, or a dad who said, "to the hell with the city water embargo, my kids are going to be able to have their Slip 'N Slide party goddammit."

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I just bought this potatoe with all this stuff in it, it's got like all these warm meat products, pineapple, onion, sour cream, cheese.....man it's fucking delicious.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Welcome to heart disease: population you.

And also me.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tam wrote: »
    Can I uninstall Steam and all related content and then reinstall it later with the same key or not?

I assume so because you set up the online account, but I want to be absolutely certain.

I believe so. My bro bought a new computer, installed steam and downloaded all the games. Just needed to regester the games again using the original key. Think its the same thing.

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yup, I've done it before, just need to remember your username and password.

Mustang on
  • Options
    MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    yeah, kinda awkward, but has any one of u guys ever had experience dating a cougar? I'm not talking about that shit from animal kingdom either.

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    ooh hoo hoo. No advice here, but go Myk.

Also, thanks, Mustang and winter combat knight.

Tam on
  • Options
    MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    apparently its a very common trend here in DC. Most the guys I know from class are like early 20's somethings dating high powered career women in there early 30s. Never thought I'd fall into something like that till I met a girl for a beer after yoga whom, when asked for a number gave me her business card with a big fat VP infront of her name. :shock:

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2008

On an unrelated note, to anyone who wants to buy computers and electronics related stuff, you need to check these sites out:

pricewatch.com

monoprice.com

Yeah if it's already associated with your login then you will be fine. If you know you're going to reinstall something then I'd suggest backing up some of the huge files from the steamapps folder. You can just paste them back in there before reinstalling the game and it will fill in whatever you haven't backed up.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    bombardier wrote: »

pricewatch.com

monoprice.com

Yeah if it's already associated with your login then you will be fine. If you know you're going to reinstall something then I'd suggest backing up some of the huge files from the steamapps folder. You can just paste them back in there before reinstalling the game and it will fill in whatever you haven't backed up.

nah, the huge files are precisely why I'm uninstalling. That and I don't play the games any more.

Tam on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    man you guys ever just get these wierd random bruises and cuts? I got this one on my leg that i have no idea where it came from.

PROX on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    PROX wrote: »
    man you guys ever just get these wierd random bruises and cuts? I got this one on my leg that i have no idea where it came from.

I've got a weird half-inch/inch scar on my leg that I'm clueless as to its origins. It's in a location, and is the type of scar, that should at least ring a bell as to when it happened. Yet, nothing.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    is it the parasite[mitochondria]?

PROX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Are you trying to ask me about my midichlorians?

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2008
    ugh, this week's sketchbook assignment is already up.

Fucking forty pages of work, plus ten pages of JC Coll studies.

Holy shit, that guy's linework is amazing.

I'm a dead man.

In other news, halfway done. Took a break for a bit, ready to hit it again.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Mykonos wrote: »
    yeah, kinda awkward, but has any one of u guys ever had experience dating a cougar? I'm not talking about that shit from animal kingdom either.

It's all about the sex dude, so don't go expecting a relationship from one of those girls. Basically she thinks you might be an easy fuck.

If you're into that: ENJOY!

If you're not: stay the fuck away from them.

EDIT: Oh and protect your johnson, cougars are known for getting around.
    Megan Fox has revealed she is the biggest nerd. The Transfomers star admits despite being crowned FHM's Sexiest Woman Alive earlier this year, she is a geek at heart. She said "I am the biggest nerd - I love comic books and stuff like that!"

Do you think Megan Fox would like to come around my house and read comic books?
    Maybe I should call her agent and find out, just to be sure.

Mustang on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mykonos wrote: »
    apparently its a very common trend here in DC. Most the guys I know from class are like early 20's somethings dating high powered career women in there early 30s. Never thought I'd fall into something like that till I met a girl for a beer after yoga whom, when asked for a number gave me her business card with a big fat VP infront of her name. :shock:

I had a very short cougar experience and all I can say is... excellent. Those ladies are crazy awesome. There's not really any advice we can give you, it's all about the advice they can give you :winky:

edit: what mustang said

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Megan Fox has revealed she is the biggest nerd. The Transfomers star admits despite being crowned FHM's Sexiest Woman Alive earlier this year, she is a geek at heart. She said "I am the biggest nerd - I love comic books and stuff like that!"

I bet the geek demographic is just eating that up.

Tam on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    - I love comic books and stuff like that!"

So hot.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I bet the geek demographic is just eating that up.

I wish she would shut up. I can think of like the last three "press releases" from her which were thinly veiled publicity grabs.

• Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    - I love comic books and stuff like that!"

So hot.

I'd be slightly more convinced if she'd state that she draws comics instead of just loving them.

no_toast on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'd be more convinced if she rattled off some titles and current plots, but I think that's asking for too much that would shatter the illusion.

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Hell, if she looked straight into the camera and said "Bill Willingham is an overrated creep" I'd probably start heading up her fan club.

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, girls rule AND/OR stink!

The guy who sat next to me just got fired. Awesome. He was a jerk.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh don't get me wrong, the girl is as vapid as the next Hollywood tartlet and can't act for shit, but according to my my pants, she is super hot.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The "...and stuff like that" bit just makes me think she was really straining to think of another example of the sort of "nerd stuff" her agent told her to mention to boost her prominence on the nerd radar, and proceeded to failed completely.

Not that it really matters to anyone in any case; you might as well debate whether or not unicorns would be cooler or not if they really liked The Watchmen, for all the relevance it has.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Hahaha, did a Greedo just calmly walk in and shoot the guy in the cubicle next to you, then leave again?

• Options
    edited September 2008

Hahaha, did a Greedo just calmly walk in and shoot the guy in the cubicle next to you, then leave again?

...Mars, have you been eating outdated Nintendo Cereal System again?

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

...Mars, have you been eating outdated Nintendo Cereal System again?

I'm finally getting around to eating the Mario half that I always skipped all those years ago.

• Options
    edited September 2008
    At least she didn't say she liked 'Conic Books' or 'Comic Socks' or something. I mean, come on, let's give her some credit. She also maintained a pulse through the entire interview. (I'm assuming. Editors can make all kinds of choices that affect our perception.)

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I wish I could have 20 quotes in my sig...I was laughing too hard at the fruit roll-ups / toilet paper / lube topic.

That and a few things in the Awesome Posts section. Definitely some gold in thar.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I want my sig to link to my website. How do I do this! Tell me, hive mind!

edit: oh awesome, someone just called in and all I can hear is their companies hold music! A toast: To slacking off!

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Just put it all behind a spoiler tag, ND

This discussion has been closed.