As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diplomacy] Eastasia: 1911

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Good lord. Can you tell i've never played before and have no clue what I'm doing....

JPants on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Turkey you're getting raped. Not the best idea.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    indeed. Missing that turn of orders really frelled me.

JPants on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Especially when combined with a total brainfart on what to do this last season.

At least when your back's against the wall it's easier to figure out what to do.

JPants on
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Interesting. Very, very interesting.

Oh, and Russia? I hate you. I have always wanted to try what you stopped me from being able to try, and you saw it coming well in advance.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    hesthefastesthesthefastest Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    well, you seem to be doing pretty well for yourself

hesthefastest on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Who takes a whole day to get their build orders in, really?

James on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    James wrote: »
    Who takes a whole day to get their build orders in, really?

If we really wanted to speed up we could use Provisional Builds.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just so you guys know, I haven't received all build orders yet, and I won't be back until late tonight, so the new maps will be late.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Results

Build Map:
    Eastasia-F1902B.jpg

Resolution:
    Eastasia-F1902R.jpg

GM's Notes: (READ THESE, THEY'RE IMPORTANT)
    • Orders for Spring 1903 are due Tuesday night at 9 PDT. If you can, try to send at least a set of provisional orders in before 8:59, so I'm not grumbling for the last hour wondering if I'm going to get orders from everybody. :P
    • As always, if you think I've made a mistake with your orders, let me know ASAP. I'll check the orders you sent, and if I made a mistake, I'll change it. I will NOT change it if you say "but no, I really meant this..." Too bad. Also, I'll only make changes for the most recent season. Now that Fall 1902 has gone up, for example, if you catch a mistake I made in the Spring 1902 orders, too bad.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    this seems like its taking so long. But I do like having ample time to think about my moves. I usually move too fast in these kind of games.

Cauld on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Things are starting to get exciting.

Cauld on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Results might be late tonight depending on how late my scene rehearsal goes.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Did you get orders from everyone this time?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm still working on mine.

durax on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

You mean how late your making out goes?

James on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Also it is no longer Spring 1901.

James on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    aww, man. I can't see imageshack at work. Now I'm going to be in suspense all day. On the up side, it looks like VH got some so that's good.

Cauld on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    No, no I did not get some.

We're still working on the scene. I haven't slept. I only have time to make this post because she's on the phone to her boyfriend telling him why she hasn't been home all night.

<sigh>

I'll be sure to adjudicate results before I go to sleep, though.

Also, I don't know if this matters, Cauld, but I use photobucket, not imageshack. Maybe all of those sites are blocked, I dunno. If there's one that works, though, I'll try to use that one this once, just let me know.

Fuck I'm so tired...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Results

Movement Map:
    Eastasia-S1903M.jpg

Resolution:
    Eastasia-S1903Rt.jpg

Orders:
    Eastasia-S1903M-Orders.jpg

Notices:

French Army at Marseilles must retreat or disband.

• You guys may have noticed that instead of Events there is now Orders. I solved the formatting problem by screenshotting the orders results and piecing them together in a jpeg. This is good because some people were asking the exact orders that other people sent in, and also some people were showing concern for the interpretation of orders on the part of the GM (which is a big no-no; sorry about that). Hopefully this will work out better.
    • Sorry about the tardiness, folks, but I really couldn't get to a computer before now. This will not be a common occurence, although on Tuesdays, you probably won't get results until after midnight PDT. Still, it won't usually be this late.
    • France has a retreat this phase, which is due on Wednesday night by 9 PDT. If I get his retreat order before then, we'll move directly into Fall of 1903, the orders for which are due Friday night at 9 PDT.
    • As always, if you think I've made a mistake with your orders, let me know ASAP. I'll check the orders you sent, and if I made a mistake, I'll change it. I will NOT change it if you say "but no, I really meant this..." Too bad. Also, I'll only make changes for the most recent season. Now that Spring 1903 has gone up, for example, if you catch a mistake I made in the Build phase of 1902 orders, too bad.
    • Professor Phobos didn't send any orders in. Everybody be sure to jeer at him appropriately. Some day, some fine bright sunny day, I will cavort in the meadows with unicorns as melodious hymns waft by me in the wind, and everybody from both games will send in all of their orders. What a glorious day that will be!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    God damn it. I thought I had!

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    ok, so next turn Italy needs to miss orders, then France and finally England. After that, we'll all be evened up!

hesthefastest on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Alright, I'm calling it right now, France is gonna retreat off-board.

hesthefastest on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Nah, France is going to play Armageddon and make us all use our Nuke cards.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Edit: Oops, I screwed up. That's not legal.

Uh, France sent in a different order earlier, but I deleted it since it was an "earlier" order. I'll have to wait for him to send me another PM to determine where he retreats to.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    edit: fuck you, vh :P

James on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    French Army at Marseilles retreats to Gascony.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ah man, really?!?!

hesthefastest on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Results will come around midnight PDT tonight.

You can probably expect this for most Fall and Spring movement phases, actually. If you guys have a major issue with this, let me know and I'll see about re-arranging the days when orders are due or whatever.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Results

Movement Map:
    Eastasia-F1903M.jpg

Resolution:
    Eastasia-F1903Rt.jpg

Orders:
    Eastasia-F1903M-Orders.jpg

Notices:

Italian Army at Marseilles must retreat or disband.
    English Fleet at Norway must retreat or disband.

• Let me know if you want to change the main order days from Tuesday and Friday to something else. I doubt it would help, since I'm out late Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday usually, but I guess we could do Spring Thursday and Fall Sunday? It makes it harder for me to keep track of, since the year doesn't restart every Sunday, it restarts every...Tuesday, I guess, but if you guys have a real problem with waiting an extra three hours to get results, we can try it.
    • Italy and England have retreats this phase, which are due on Saturday night by 9 PDT. If I get their retreat orders before then, we'll move directly into the Build phase of 1903, the orders for which are due Sunday night at 9 PDT.
    • As always, if you think I've made a mistake with your orders, let me know ASAP. I'll check the orders you sent, and if I made a mistake, I'll change it. I will NOT change it if you say "but no, I really meant this..." Too bad. Also, I'll only make changes for the most recent season. Now that Spring 1903 has gone up, for example, if you catch a mistake I made in the Build phase of 1902 orders, too bad.
    • I got all orders from everybody! Yay! If you'll excuse me, I have to go frolick in some meadows...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    i'll go to nth

Cauld on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It looks like the only country getting a build this turn is Austria, as none of the retreats can capture and everyone else seems to have stayed even. The only build he can do is A-Vie.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I dont know about everyone else, but I dont mind if it takes a while to get the results up.
    Things dont move that fast.

Also, Im down with skipping through the build phase.

hesthefastest on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, I've already received Austria's build order. As soon as I get the other retreat order, I'll just put up the new map and start the Spring 1904 phase.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Map:
    Eastasia-F1903R.jpg

Notices:

Italian Army in Marseilles retreats to Piedmont.
    English Fleet in Norway retreats to North Sea.

Builds:

Austria builds an Army in Vienna.

GM Notes:

Orders for Spring 1904 due Tuesday at 9 PDT.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    man look at this map, are you guys even playing or what

Zek on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Zek wrote: »
    man look at this map, are you guys even playing or what

Maybe we're all just really good? Ever think of that?

James on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Results

Movement Map:
    Eastasia-S1904M.jpg

Resolution:
    Eastasia-S1904Rt.jpg

Orders:
    Eastasia-S1904M-Orders.jpg

Notices:

French Army at Marseilles must retreat or disband.
    Turkish Fleet at Aegean Sea must retreat or disband.

• It seems that nobody has a real issue with the current schedule, so we're keeping it as is.
    • France and Turkey have retreats this phase, which are due on Wednesday night by 9 PDT. If I get their retreat orders before then, we'll move directly into Fall of 1904, the orders for which are due Friday night at 9 PDT.
    • As always, if you think I've made a mistake with your orders, let me know ASAP. I'll check the orders you sent, and if I made a mistake, I'll change it. I will NOT change it if you say "but no, I really meant this..." Too bad. Also, I'll only make changes for the most recent season. Now that Spring 1904 has gone up, for example, if you catch a mistake I made in the Build phase of 1903 orders, too bad.
    • Jason Todd (France) didn't send any orders in. I was so happy last season...ah how the memories of Fall fade so fast...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Turkish Fleet in Aegean Sea retreats to Smyrna.
    French Army in Marseilles retreats to Gascony.

Map:
    Eastasia-S1904R.jpg

Orders for Fall 1904 due Friday night at 9 PDT.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Uh, Visiblehowl? I sent A-MUN to BUR, not BER.

Professor Phobos on