As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diplomacy] Eastasia: 1911

1234568»

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    durax wrote: »
    This was my first game and I very much enjoyed it.
    Especially the beginning portion where everything was all skirmishy.

The mid to late portion of the game was all about trusting Italy and trying to manage who got which SCs to base our alliance on more than words by ensuring Mutually Assured Destruction. Our alliance was originally set up just to take out Turkey and Russia, I'll go ahead and admit that I was keeping my eyes open for an opportunity to turn on Italy as soon as either Germany or England was about to fall. But once Germany dropped out that route to victory seemed cheap and unsatisfying.

I can't speak for James, but trusting an ally all the way to the finish line creates it's own unique tension and suspense. This may say more about my character than I would like to admit, but trust was way harder than just trying to kill everyone :P

Pretty much the same on this end. I was hoping you'd get bogged down with Germany which could give me an opportunity to turn, but when Germany dropped out... well there wasn't much of a point to it. Also England simply refused to die. I'll also echo the trust-angle; that was way hard, and there were a few times I was convinced you were going to turn on me/trying to figure out how I'd block it or counterattack. It's all really paranoid.

This was also my first game.

Lawinator is just sore that he's losing to a team.

James on
  • Options
    Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Boooooooo

Ethan Smith on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Welllllll, heck, if I had control of 2 countries worth of SCs at the start of a game I'd do pretty well too.

Abloo bloo.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Welllllll, heck, if I had control of 2 countries worth of SCs at the start of a game I'd do pretty well too.

Abloo bloo.

First, neither of us had control of the other, we worked together for survival, and as underdog nations rightfully so.

Second, the way to counter an alliance is to bring it up with other players and form a counter-alliance. Kind of hard in your case right now though, I guess.

James on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    James wrote: »

Abloo bloo.

First, neither of us had control of the other, we worked together for survival, and as underdog nations rightfully so.

Second, the way to counter an alliance is to bring it up with other players and form a counter-alliance. Kind of hard in your case right now though, I guess.

Eh, I know.

Still, enjoy your draw.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Given how slowly your game started, I'm surprised you finished before us. Hell, we were down to our current three nations by the time you guys eliminated your first nation.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    No one wins!

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    No one wins!

According to the rules, technically it is a draw. But only a draw between me and durax. So while me and durax have tied, everyone else still loses.

In reality, like if a real war was being fought, it would be considered an alliance-victory, though.

James on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I had a lot of fun in this game, and sadly, only really got into the "diplomacy" part of it at the end when i tried to show James that he was setting himself up to be back-stabbed by Durax...

Really fun game, thanks SO much VH for running it. I've been trying to get a friend of mine to run a game ever since i got knocked out of this one.

JPants on